Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Imperador do Brasil posted:

One of the x-ray techs I worked with still laments the loss of her B9 due to somebody running into it at speed and totaling it. I love Subarus but I never “got” the Tribeca.

Does she use EPIC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
This would be super fun to mess around with unironically

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Would.
The channel the linked video belongs to also has a V8 Astro, which I also would.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Colostomy Bag posted:

Does she use EPIC?

Most of them do

giundy
Dec 10, 2005

MomJeans420 posted:

I'm amazed to hear the Tribecas were actual cars on the road that people owned, I don't think I've ever seen one in person before. Obviously I must have, but you'd think I would have noticed it if nothing else because it's so ugly. I think the CL ad that said "exterior: custom" made me think it was some one off or body kitted Subaru.

It's much more bland in person, the photos point out its bad features. Likely why you never noticed one. Still the only vehicle I've seen go from a pile of sheet metal to a finished thing, will always hold a special place in my heart hearing the presses at SIA.

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

I bet this has a fascinating story behind it.

https://portland.craigslist.org/nco/atq/d/warrenton-military-mussolini-jeep-1932/6848558560.html

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

The manual probably says something like, "Se non c'è alcuna lettura sul tachimetro, sospettare che qualcosa sia
sbagliato. Contattare il rivenditore più vicino il prima possibile, per favore."

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Man and here I am not even knowing that Italy invaded Ethiopia in 1932...

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Has more manual controls than a Tesla 3.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Colostomy Bag posted:

Has more manual controls than a Tesla 3.

Tesla really missed some showmanship by not installing a shift lever than moved itself through gears and a clutch pedal that depressed/released itself as it drives.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

https://maine.craigslist.org/hvo/d/waterford-plow-trucks-and-stuff/6857735606.html

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Absolute unit

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Flagged for removal :(

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d/rocky-mount-1988-honda-crx-si/6870893208.html

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

$3,000? That has to be a scam, right?

Edit: oh, just saw the interior.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Remember this?

wesleywillis posted:

Anyone post this yet?

Well, someone bought it:
https://www.carnationcanadadirect.ca/certified/Chrysler/1993-Chrysler-PLYMOUTH-c4e40adc0a0e08bb47184b8bd983597c.htm

wesleywillis fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Apr 23, 2019

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
I totally get that. Like, I don't get it. I don't know why anyone would specifically want a Plymouth Sundance, but I get the appeal of having a mint, brand new car that's also over two decades old. Usually the only way you can make that happen is to buy the kind of car that belongs in a collection and pay a small fortune for it, but that Plymouth is a way to do it that's actually affordable.

Good for whoever bought it. I hope they're going to daily drive it, because otherwise it really is an inexplicable purchase.

Paradoxish fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Apr 23, 2019

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Whatever the deal is, new MSRP (according to google) on that Sundance when it was sold was $9,206 USD. They sold it for $7988, presumably Canadian since .ca site, so $5945 USD. Even as a 20-year-old timepiece, it still went down $3261 in value. :haw:

When I was in my teens my grandparents bought one, then sold it 1 year later. Chrysler seemingly prolonged the malaise era for decades after everybody got out of their manufacturing funk.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

keykey posted:

Whatever the deal is, new MSRP (according to google) on that Sundance when it was sold was $9,206 USD. They sold it for $7988, presumably Canadian since .ca site, so $5945 USD. Even as a 20-year-old timepiece, it still went down $3261 in value. :haw:

When I was in my teens my grandparents bought one, then sold it 1 year later. Chrysler seemingly prolonged the malaise era for decades after everybody got out of their manufacturing funk.
It's actually quite a bit worse than that:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Christ, the Sundance. Didn't they strap a turbo on that (which they did a lot of things with) and call it the Duster?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
The Duster package on that came with the far lamer 3.0 Mitsu V6

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Q_res posted:

The Duster package on that came with the far lamer 3.0 Mitsu V6

Was the anti-theft system basically turning on the brights and the turn signal before starting the car?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Craigslist auto ads have gone thru a spappening after the charging for personal ad's took effect this month. A good litmus test is the number of El Camino ads I can see in my area. 200 mile radius what used to be dozens of ads now I only see 4 cars.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I follow a local FB buy/sell page that uses "Craigslist" in their page name and there's a ton of people raging thinking it's actually connected to CL. It also makes me wonder why there are still buy/sell pages when the FB Marketplace exists.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I went to look up how much money craigslist makes

quote:

Revenue US$694 million (2016)
Net income US$500 million (2016)
Employees 50 (2017)

They're clearly struggling.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Christ, what a shitpile. Crappy wheels, somehow a likely stolen Group 27 flooded battery unboxed in the passenger compartment, its 2005 all over again.

edit: ahahahah switched ground aka it works by voltage spiking and destroying every single lamp and circuit in the car. The best part of those is that any inductive load would stop the shutoff from working.

DJ Commie fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 24, 2019

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I follow a local FB buy/sell page that uses "Craigslist" in their page name and there's a ton of people raging thinking it's actually connected to CL. It also makes me wonder why there are still buy/sell pages when the FB Marketplace exists.

Because not everyone wants a Facebook account just to buy/sell

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Facebook marketplace is better than CL now? I had no idea

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Snowy posted:

Facebook marketplace is better than CL now? I had no idea

Oh hell no. I generally play a game called "Is this stolen?" whenever I browse it. The answer is usually yes.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Fb marketplace people are undeniably worse than CL people. However, where I live things have shifted to marketplace. Responses from CL postings have really died down whereas I have no such complaints selling on marketplace the few times a year that I do.
I've also had better luck finding a couple used cars on there rather than CL.

I don't like this shift, but it is here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, there isn't a decent CL mobile app and FB is still the most popular social media platform with the biggest userbase. You get so much exposure by putting a car on there.

But then you see a listing for 48 cans of the same scent of AXE and you wonder what in the actual gently caress.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Not much difference from the fucksticks who post the same car or truck either every day, or in every sub-market if a major market. Or both. Not going to miss that.
I wonder if the $5 barrier to entry will improve the listings any? Might cut down on the time wasting asshat sellers, at least.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Probably get rid of the scammers too.

"IS THE ITEM STILL AVAILABLE I WOULD LIKE TO PAY BY CERTIFIED WESTERN UNION "

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Eh on the other hand, FB marketplace makes it much much easier for me to send dumb/glib/stupid responses to stupid questions instantaneously with Messenger.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Ive had way better luck with FB marketplace but I havent used it in a while since Ive been avoiding FB due to family drama.

I put the lovely ladder rack that came with my truck on CL just for hahas for $75. Fogged it with some black paint so it looks ok. I got one response so far asking where my village is so I responded with the town. Then the only response I get is "I live in Kingston", thats it, no state or what he wants to do so I wait a bit and look it up and its like 2 hours from me. I text that back and all I get is "not bad" then radio silence. Never change, craigslist.

If I stop posting for a while Kingston is in NY so just let the FBI know to start looking there.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Well, if we get a comical car ad from FB we will have a face and name to go with it to explain it now.

edit: Jesus, I looked at cars by owner on craigslist with manual transmission. Only 40 results....

edit edit: I think there's going to be a slump as ads are pulled for people not paying but I think the numbers will pick up some once people realize you gotta pay. It won't come back to what it was by any means.

Coredump fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Apr 25, 2019

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Oh hell no. I generally play a game called "Is this stolen?" whenever I browse it. The answer is usually yes.

I play the same game on FB and CL with phones. Nothing screams stolen like an iPhone whatever "works perfect, just forgot my icloud password!" usually never comes with charger.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

$500 73 cuda!

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-car...gationFlag=true

Somebody get Freiburger and Dulcich on the phone

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Powershift posted:

$500 73 cuda!

Not bad for a vin plate.

Somebody buy it so we can have a 'Cuda of Theseus thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

boxen posted:

Not bad for a vin plate.

Somebody buy it so we can have a 'Cuda of Theseus thread.

Unfortunately two things:

1) It's a 73.
2) And the build plate (not the vin) is under a ton of mother nature.