Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

esperterra posted:

100% but the show has typically tried to avoid that with aging everyone up lmao

https://twitter.com/HBO_UK/status/1119989670182576128

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

The Tormund fanservice wasn't even bad, the jokes landed pretty well, but hoooo boy imagine being a professional writer and just trying to pander to the internet and nothing else lmao.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Like 20 minutes into this episode and it succkkkkkksksssss

Just all the characters openly talking about the subtext of their relationships and motivations.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Why do people keep Davos around? I know the fanservice explanation but in world, what does he do? what does he bring to the table? all he's good at is stating the obvious generally just being this wholesome dude.

And about Davos being a swell dude, given the amount of downtime there is in this universe (as people travel all over the place all the time. the last episode of season six should have last a year by itself), why didn't Davos ever bother to visit his wife? what's up with that? doesn't have have more children? where are they? It's been like 8 years, they should be grown rear end men by now.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Lmao getting in front of that “wait isn’t Arya supposed to be like 15” train.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Lmao wow, hbo twitter to the rescue

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

haha jeez, okay hbo

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Who the hell wants to see Arya have sex (the Internet I guess, but ignore them)

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Raff the sweetling, clearly.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Darko posted:

Who the hell wants to see Arya have sex (the Internet I guess, but ignore them)

Serious answer? GRRM.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
There's only one good scene, Jon dropping the bomb on Dany and her being like "Oh you got a claim to my throne motherfucker?"

I'm sure they'll just kill one of them rather than have the two fan favorites turn on each other right at the end

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Okay, so if they guys that saw the White Walker symbol and the skewered Umber kid at Last Hearth are there now, can somebody spoil for me how that conversation goes down?

Beric: Oh poo poo Jon, the White Walkers completely rolled through Last Hearth and killed everyone!

Jon: Hey, whatever. Drinks are on me guys!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LadyPictureShow posted:

Okay, so if they guys that saw the White Walker symbol and the skewered Umber kid at Last Hearth are there now, can somebody spoil for me how that conversation goes down?

Beric: Oh poo poo Jon, the White Walkers completely rolled through Last Hearth and killed everyone!

Jon: Hey, whatever. Drinks are on me guys!

Tormund says they went around them to get to winterfell and the dead will be there before next daybreak. Berric says not to expect more troops to arrive and that anyone who isn't there by now is fighting for the night king.

Then they both go get drunk. Tormund at a fan favorites party where they hold a knighting ceremony for Brienne and everyone claps.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Uh, can someone at least confirm that there is only implied nudity in the Gendry/Arya scene? I have like, negative desire to see any of Maisie Williams without clothes. Gendry would be fine I guess though.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

DrNutt posted:

Uh, can someone at least confirm that there is only implied nudity in the Gendry/Arya scene? I have like, negative desire to see any of Maisie Williams without clothes. Gendry would be fine I guess though.

As much boob as possible without seeing a nipple

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DrNutt posted:

lol

It's like as much nudity you can have without it technically being nudity

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lmao Arya's weapon. I guess Arya calling Sansa the smartest person she knows doesn't mean poo poo considering she had to draw a picture of a spear but with the pointy bit on both ends and asked if Gendry could make such a complicated weapon. :downs:

PostNouveau posted:

Then they both go get drunk. Tormund at a fan favorites party where they hold a knighting ceremony for Brienne and everyone claps.

Very disappointed that there wasn't a threeway with Brienne, Jaime and Tormund.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The Big Problem with these two season opening episodes is that effectively the plot didn't advance at all since last season's finale, nothing unexpected happened since the events of that episode. We already knew all the good guys would get to Winterfell and it's not like anyone ever expected that the good guys would behead Jaime on sight, so there wasn't any tension there, we're all basically just expecting the big battle to start. The dumb animosity between Sansa and Dany was never interesting as it clearly didn't have the potential to develop into a real conflict, the whole thing being resolved through a heartfelt conversation where two characters make completely obvious statements.

The only plot that arguably advanced is Theon freeing Yara, and not only who gives a poo poo but also this completely removed any consequence that Yara's captivity had in the first place, we had one scene where she was chatting with Euron, he had one villain monologue and then she was free, zero plot significance.

And in king's landing Euron fucks Cersei, that's it. Like I guess that was a big cliff hanger last season.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

There's a guy that put up alleged leaks for episode 3 which he claims he got from an employee in India:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

That sounds really stupid so the spoilers are definitely real.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Captain Splendid posted:

As much boob as possible without seeing a nipple

PostNouveau posted:

lol

It's like as much nudity you can have without it technically being nudity

:yikes:

radlum
May 13, 2013
That episode 3 spoiler sounds dumb as hell, but at least just in a "nothing unexpected happens" Watchers on the Wall kind of battle, rather than a "this incredibly stupid" Battle of the Bastards kind of battle

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I'm buying the whole Gendry bites it thing cause then it'll turn out that Arya is pregnant and the whole "You have a son, I have a daughter, let's join our houses" will come together and that counts for satisfying closure, I bet we'll get Mufasa like voice over when Arya finds out.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

There's a guy that put up alleged leaks for episode 3 which he claims he got from an employee in India:

Would have been cool if Bran gave Jon the heads up that Cersei’s army was sneaking up on them.

Frankly I don’t believe it but I hope it’s true because I don’t want to believe the earlier spoilers that said that the Night King is defeated and the threat is gone by episode 4.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I'm buying the whole Gendry bites it thing cause then it'll turn out that Arya is pregnant and the whole "You have a son, I have a daughter, let's join our houses" will come together and that counts for satisfying closure, I bet we'll get Mufasa like voice over when Arya finds out.

Lmao oh god I bet this exactly happens, according to the Law of Sex Before Tragic Death

I also would not be even a little surprised if Arya and Gendry was dictated by The Absolute Fucker himself.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

precision posted:

Lmao oh god I bet this exactly happens, according to the Law of Sex Before Tragic Death

It's a cornerstone of 'lazy dramatic writing 101'; along with 'if two characters are in love but on opposite sides of a conflict, one will die in the other's arms'

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

*rubs hands*
a dialogue only episode?

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

All I want is for Arya's Shadow Baby to kill the Night King.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
everybody asking if they see arya tittays and not the more important question: does gendry hang dong

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Are they seriously going with another talk only episode despite this season being one third over?
Only read the spoilers, didn't watch it yet, but now questioning whether or not I can wait for a day or two before bothering.

Wait and also, why did Arya and Gendry happen?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Arya just wants to rub her consensual sex in Sansa's face. Sister be sistering amirightguys?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Gendry already hosed, Arya wants to know what it's like before they die. Seriously.

The stretch between creepy badass assassin and dumb hormonal teen makes it all the more bizarre to watch.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Phi230 posted:

everybody asking if they see arya tittays and not the more important question: does gendry hang dong

No but I'm gonna refer you to that episode with Melissandra

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

YaketySass posted:

Gendry already hosed, Arya wants to know what it's like before they die. Seriously.

Hey, that's all well and good, but it coulda just been, like, they kiss and then cut to a different scene.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
She literally tries the same trick Tormund does

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Goons Are Great posted:

Are they seriously going with another talk only episode despite this season being one third over?

The first two episodes are shorter and directed by David Nutter, who did The Rains of Castamere and Mother's Mercy. Episodes 3 and 5 are directed by Miguel Sapochnik, who did Hardhome and Battle of the Bastards (they need to retcon the name now), so those will be the big action episodes. Episode 4 is also directed by David Nutter, so expect it to mostly be dialog/intrigue, maybe a surprise death? Episode 6 is the first episode to officially be directed by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, so who knows what to expect there.

PostNouveau posted:

Hey, that's all well and good, but it coulda just been, like, they kiss and then cut to a different scene.

Maybe Maisie Williams wanted to show she can take "grown up" roles now, so you get sideboob and asscrack?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Watching now and how has nobody else mentioned that this is...

episode 69

Nice

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So Danys line in the preview of “the dead are already here” is definitely referring to remains in the crypt being brought to life isn’t it?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Serious answer? GRRM.

The orginal ending to the ASoIaF trilogy was Jon and her hooking up, so this could be much, much worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com

This dude barely even remembers there are books at this point