Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Wow, hot takes from anus.com in 2019. Do the farts you're huffing smell any different after sitting in the jar for 15 years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

anus.com bad, metal good

I enjoyed the Chapel of Disease album but lmao why would you go to a show that you're not excited about

Like I was practically vibrating with excitement when I got to see Aborted and Cryptopsy and I totally fanboyed out when I met Matt and Sven

E: also Hideous Divinity is fuckin' amazing and Stefano is a beast playing two sets a night (he also plays bass for Aborted)

I have only one complaint and that's how frequently the Northeast gets the poo poo end of the stick with the random dates where one of the supporting bands isn't gonna be there. We got Begat The Nephilim and Aversed instead of Benighted.

Why would you waste time or money to we bands you don't like

venus de lmao fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 21, 2019

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bertrand Hustle posted:

anus.com bad, metal good

I enjoyed the Chapel of Disease album but lmao why would you go to a show that you're not excited about

Like I was practically vibrating with excitement when I got to see Aborted and Cryptopsy and I totally fanboyed out when I met Matt and Sven

E: also Hideous Divinity is fuckin' amazing and Stefano is a beast playing two sets a night (he also plays bass for Aborted)

I have only one complaint and that's how frequently the Northeast gets the poo poo end of the stick with the random dates where one of the supporting bands isn't gonna be there. We got Begat The Nephilim and Aversed instead of Benighted.

Why would you waste time or money to we bands you don't like

Can't speak for Smirr but sometimes people who live in a market with extremely limited options will take whatever interesting show they can get.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Henchman of Santa posted:

Can't speak for Smirr but sometimes people who live in a market with extremely limited options will take whatever interesting show they can get.
I grew up in south Arkansas and this is 100% true

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Still, it seems strange spending money on tickets without first checking out the bands on bandcamp first or whatever

Doubly so when one of those bands are Chapel of Disease, who fuckin own

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yeah, it was this, and I was reasonably excited about Mantar, who were OK like I said. I also said this:

Smirr posted:

[...] Chapel of Disease weren't even on the bill, [...]

This thread has many downsides already, so can we please draw a line in the sand at "knowing how to read"?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Smirr posted:

This thread has many downsides already, so can we please draw a line in the sand at "knowing how to read"?

Absolutely loving not

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

If you can read you’re a loving narc and poseur and falsegrinder

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I refuse to read, and Chapel of Disease still fuckin own

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Smirr posted:

let's go back and read the post

Smirr posted:

Downfall of Gaia are "I'd rather be smoking outside, so that's what I'll do"-levels of bad, Mantar are OK I guess

this doesn't sound like a lineup you're too enthused about going to see even if we're only talking about the bands that are actually on the bill (i.e. the ones you knew about beforehand), but maybe I'm spoiled because good bands come to my city all the time. I am sorry if you live in a metal desert but Chapel of Disease own

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I don't know what to call this but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWDENni6Pbc

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

let's go back and read the post

this doesn't sound like a lineup you're too enthused about going to see even if we're only talking about the bands that are actually on the bill (i.e. the ones you knew about beforehand), but maybe I'm spoiled because good bands come to my city all the time. I am sorry if you live in a metal desert but Chapel of Disease own

OK so what you're saying is that you have to be 100% into the entirety of any given line-up? No matter the line-up, you have to like all of it or else you can't go? Have you seriously never had to sit through a lovely opener to get to the band you wanted to see? Am I being gaslighted here?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Smirr posted:

Am I being gaslighted here?

Am I being gaslighted? Is my takeaway from reading your post supposed to be that you sat through lovely openers to see "at least they aren't pedophiles"?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Am I being gaslighted? Is my takeaway from reading your post supposed to be that you sat through lovely openers to see "at least they aren't pedophiles"?

oh my loving god that was a joke about inquisition, for gently caress's sake

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

When I was a teen there was one tiny venue in my city that had 2 or 3 acts a week, a completely random mix of death metal, punk, black metal, hardcore, doom, ska... often totally different genres on the same night. I went there all the time without knowing who any of them were (mostly tiny localish bands anyway) just because seeing live music can be fun even when the bands suck, especially if you're with friends. And some of them were actually comparatively good, which was always a bonus.

Having said that there were a couple we did walk out on because they were so bad. lovely hardcore is intolerable.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

il_cornuto posted:

seeing live music can be fun even when the bands suck, especially if you're with friends.

:emptyquote:

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Smirr posted:

inquisition, for gently caress's sake

Imagine being a satanist and a nazi sympathizer is the least offensive thing you’ve done.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Holy poo poo this thread. You’re all a bunch of cocks.

Gorewar
Dec 24, 2004

Bang your head

Fenrir posted:

Wow, hot takes from anus.com in 2019. Do the farts you're huffing smell any different after sitting in the jar for 15 years?

Going on the anus bbs was fun until I realized it was a recruiting arm for the neo-nazi org, the National Alliance.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Smirr posted:

I like to read the first few words and see whatever bands my eyes catch and then make a judgement about the poster.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I saw Seax last night and they were real loving cool, covered Priest's Rapid Fire that was fun. Seeing Ulthar at the same venue tonight, should be good. Gonna tell Shelby to restart Death Metal Dads.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

FWIW I'm sorry for contributing to that whole lovely spat by skim-reading Smirr's post and then snarking off when called out about it.

Anyway, thread favourites Malignant Altar have a new track up on bandcamp. That album's going to be fantastic when it drops.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I did not read it, Smirr is cool tho actually this is a cool thread and metal is life

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
even the mention of anus in this thread makes unrelated conversations turn into unimaginable garbage

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Gnumonic posted:

I think you meant to type Rust in Peace there.

Varg posted:

Sorry, it's actually Hell Awaits. Go listen to it again right now and then try to tell me I'm wrong.

I am sorry sirs, I hinted Beneath the Remains for a reason

silvergoose posted:

Listening to epidemic of violence for the first time, it owns

:same:

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Apr 22, 2019

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

When you actually listen to the song you usually skip and it turns out it's actually fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfmo0n4Q3To

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Deafkids - Metaprogramação

This album is insanely cool. Experimental noise rock/metal with lots of industrial vibes from Brazil. I love these dudes. I was trying to figure out what song to link but really I suggest throwing on the album and seeing what you think.

e: virus da imagem do ser is a pretty solid go to track

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Apr 22, 2019

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWe1ie7qVz4

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Bertrand Hustle posted:

When you actually listen to the song you usually skip and it turns out it's actually fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfmo0n4Q3To

:eyepop: that loving outro :eyepop:

Aborted rules

Wow they sound really really good still

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

New Incantation loving rips. loving deadly guttural doom/death metal.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

New Incantation loving rips. loving deadly guttural doom/death metal.

"New" as in a re-release of an album from 1995

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
:owned:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

loving wrecked.

Thanks Google Music.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Hey Vintersorg have you heard about Twisted Metal? It’s this new car combat game coming out and it looks so sick! If you bring over your PlayStation controller we can do some split screen after school.

:love:

(I’ve done this too, never trust technology!!!)

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Kilometers Davis posted:

Hey Vintersorg have you heard about Twisted Metal? It’s this new car combat game coming out and it looks so sick! If you bring over your PlayStation controller we can do some split screen after school.

:love:

(I’ve done this too, never trust technology!!!)

This is the best post in this thread

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

PS Classic sucks tho :(

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Giving the full TerrorVision album a playthrough and jfc

this whole album loving rips

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I learned about this this morning and it owns:

https://gutless-maggotstomp.bandcamp.com/track/evil-incarnate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

:catstare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPU8992gL1E

Spanish Manlove posted:

gently caress this gimmick poo poo and gently caress you.

the yeti fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Apr 23, 2019