Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

IF your thrash album is 70 minutes long than something has gone horribly wrong somewhere.

:hmmyes:, except the smilie moves at 50x the current speed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Really light release day as far as my radar is concerned, Hate Inclination is the only thing worth posting.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Henchman of Santa posted:

In other news, Saor are touring the US for the first time:

The last Wayfarer album was so good.

https://youtu.be/SQPHAdeoNVk

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

this is what you crush up and fire double barrelled into your nostrils before you go to a good thrash band's show

Fair

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

silvergoose posted:

Listening to epidemic of violence for the first time, it owns

Hell yeah

Also fun(?) fact about Demo Hammer: Their drummer died from eating bad fugu.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

That's pretty metal.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Smirr posted:

:hmmyes:, except the smilie moves at 50x the current speed

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

I’m probably the last person to learn this but I’m dying over this blurb from the wiki article on Rust in Piece:

"Wikipedia” posted:

The opening song, "Holy Wars... The Punishment Due" finds its thematic inspiration derived from the Northern Ireland conflict, in which the largely Catholic nationalist community were in conflict with the mainly Protestant loyalist community over the sovereignty of the six counties of Northern Ireland. Mustaine has said that at a show in Antrim, Northern Ireland, he discovered bootlegged Megadeth T-shirts were on sale. He was dissuaded from taking action to have them removed on the basis that they were part of fund raising activities for "The Cause",[26] explained as something to bring equality to Catholics and Protestants in the region. Liking how "The Cause" sounded as was explained to him, Mustaine dedicated a performance of "Anarchy in the U.K." to it, causing the audience to riot.[27] The band were forced to travel in a bulletproof bus after the show.[16][28] This incident, along with Marvel's Punisher, inspired Mustaine to write the song."

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

silvergoose posted:

Listening to epidemic of violence for the first time, it owns

clause one: same, clause two: extremely same

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Demolition Hammer was hands down one of the best bands I've seen live.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

the yeti posted:

I’m probably the last person to learn this but I’m dying over this blurb from the wiki article on Rust in Piece:

That is amazing, the "along with Marvel's Punisher" killed me

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unjiETqCHv0

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

playing jackson wyoming but not florida? come on

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Panopticon just announced that they’re headlining the Minneapolis date.

Which means it’s now 100% selling out.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

playing jackson wyoming but not florida? come on

Wayfarer are from Colorado so maybe they have regional pull? Or maybe there's some festival? I can't imagine there's a huge Celtic black metal audience there or in South Dakota.

Also speaking of overlong prog thrash albums, I'm listening to Kenn Nardi's (Anacrusis main man) 2014 solo album which is 157 minutes worth of songs he'd been writing for years. It should really be considered a comp. Also it kicks rear end.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Wayfarer are from Colorado so maybe they have regional pull? Or maybe there's some festival? I can't imagine there's a huge Celtic black metal audience there or in South Dakota.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Oh that sounds dope. The two Jay Munly projects are both out of place and perfectly belong.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Oh that sounds dope. The two Jay Munly projects are both out of place and perfectly belong.

Panopticon headlined it last year, and the footage is pretty dope, I'd love to go next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3KfaNH_IHo

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Maybe you thought I was the Packard Goose?

Mr. Pickles posted:

But dude. To me Terminal Redux is arguably the greatest thrash metal release of all time.

I think you meant to type Rust in Peace there.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Vektor is cool and all but they just don't have a lasting effect on me.

Gnumonic posted:

I think you meant to type Rust in Peace there.

Sorry, it's actually Hell Awaits. Go listen to it again right now and then try to tell me I'm wrong.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
hell awaits is the 1st wave black metal album nobody wants to admit is black metal despite every band lifting riffs from it wholesale

szary
Mar 12, 2014
The greatest thrash album is Artillery's 'By Inheritance', or maybe 'For Whose Advantage' by Xentrix. Euro t(h)rash baby

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I'm still reeling from that Aborted show. They brought Matt on stage for one song, I forget which, and they did RetroGore for the encore. What a fuckin' banger that song is.

:black101: I am death incarnate, I AM THE END

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Actually...

There’s no such thing as best ever.

Overkill’s Taking Over is pretty high up there tho.

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

If any of y'allmst are death doom nerds, Spectral Voice announced that they're recording a new song for a split with loving Anhedonist, who've been broken up since 2013, but their 2012 EP Netherwards is genre-defining IMO.

Apparently it's an unreleased track from just before they broke up and I'm insanely hyped.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNNmBtNcccE

AI-generated tech death inspired by/based on Archspire.

Bandcamp includes albums. Coditany of Timeness is black metal. Bot Prownies is punk. Æternal Reborous is prog/tech death.

The albums are curated selections chosen by the researchers. I'm looking forward to the Relentless Doppelganger album tbh.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNNmBtNcccE

AI-generated tech death inspired by/based on Archspire.

Bandcamp includes albums. Coditany of Timeness is black metal. Bot Prownies is punk. Æternal Reborous is prog/tech death.

The albums are curated selections chosen by the researchers. I'm looking forward to the Relentless Doppelganger album tbh.

I suppose this is the logical endpoint of tech death as stupid computer programmer music.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
bot-generated plunderphonics basically

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhU_De7FIL8

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Trip report: Downfall of Gaia, Chapel of Disease, Mantar. Downfall of Gaia are "I'd rather be smoking outside, so that's what I'll do"-levels of bad, Mantar are OK I guess (pretty impressive that you can have a guitar/drums duo without either of them being a nazi or a pedophile (as far as we know)). Chapel of Disease weren't even on the bill, and going into them completely blind was one of the most :ok: experiences I've ever had. I mean, just listen to the first song of this album (also the first song they played):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS4-cqh6hyI

I mean yeah sure, start with blast beats but then do an extended clean guitar solo section that sounds exactly like Dire Straits, whatever. And it keeps going like that - every single solo is straight up classic rock, there's a bunch of blues rock riffs, just... bookended by blast beats and harsh vocals. I guess this is another perspective on my inane question about extreme metal with clean vocals from the other day - yeah, you can have dadrock with extreme metal trappings, and it loving blows

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Smirr posted:

Trip report: Downfall of Gaia, Chapel of Disease, Mantar. Downfall of Gaia are "I'd rather be smoking outside, so that's what I'll do"-levels of bad, Mantar are OK I guess (pretty impressive that you can have a guitar/drums duo without either of them being a nazi or a pedophile (as far as we know)). Chapel of Disease weren't even on the bill, and going into them completely blind was one of the most :ok: experiences I've ever had. I mean, just listen to the first song of this album (also the first song they played):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS4-cqh6hyI

I mean yeah sure, start with blast beats but then do an extended clean guitar solo section that sounds exactly like Dire Straits, whatever. And it keeps going like that - every single solo is straight up classic rock, there's a bunch of blues rock riffs, just... bookended by blast beats and harsh vocals. I guess this is another perspective on my inane question about extreme metal with clean vocals from the other day - yeah, you can have dadrock with extreme metal trappings, and it loving blows

it's nice to know that all those anus.com ramblings from 15 years ago about modern metal just being bad rock music were correct

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

:420: merry weedmas metal thread :420:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLBZ9Pb2yTU

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Vintersorg posted:

Actually...

There’s no such thing as best ever.

Overkill’s Taking Over is pretty high up there tho.

yeah, that and Horrorscope are top notch

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

A human heart posted:

it's nice to know that all those anus.com ramblings from 15 years ago about modern metal just being bad rock music were correct

anus.com still is the best metal site on the internet

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

anus.com still is the best metal site on the internet

it's not because he took all the metal stuff off there, what the hell man

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

When I was a teenager I got into multiple arguments with the ANUS.com dude on reddit. He once called me a poser for preferring At the Heart of Winter over Pure Holocaust because of Heart's clear rock influences.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

When I was a teenager I got into multiple arguments with the ANUS.com dude on reddit. He once called me a poser for preferring At the Heart of Winter over Pure Holocaust because of Heart's clear rock influences.

he was absolutely correct

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Pure Holocaust is great but even so there are better classic black metal albums, At the Heart of WInter is more unique and interesting. It's also a more fun listen.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
The only good thing about Pure Holocaust is that the title track uses the Imperial March from Star Wars in the chorus riff and once you hear it you can never unhear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Dimebags Brain posted:

I once got a long message on the old anus forums about why I shouldn't use the LAME mp3 encoder because it wasn't good at encoding metal due to <reasons> and I should only be using the fraunhofer encoder at a fixed 320 kbps bitrate.