Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

2Jets posted:

Frontlines would be a lot better if you had to capture all the zones before killing the guns.

This. It's real loving obnoxious when some shitter breaks through another flank and starts shooting up the objectives two squares behind where you're holding the line at the beachhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Atomizer posted:

This. It's real loving obnoxious when some shitter breaks through another flank and starts shooting up the objectives two squares behind where you're holding the line at the beachhead.

Real talk i got loving sick of Frontlines because 90% of the team would be spawn camping B or C while 90% of the enemy team were ruining our objectives.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

serious gaylord posted:

Real talk i got loving sick of Frontlines because 90% of the team would be spawn camping B or C while 90% of the enemy team were ruining our objectives.

:same:

Before long it even became more frustrating than Random Battles.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Winning is not as important as gaining rank, which is easiest to do as a defender by shooting tanks in the cap circle, or sitting in the cap circle with Engineering.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
The biggest annoyance with Frontlines now vs when it was first introduced is that they nerfed credits by what seems like 50% and XP is maybe 1/3rd of what it was. Which like every different mode WGing has introduced (Rampage/Historic) the 'rewards' have always been completely garbage relative to the base random games....which still have terrible rewards.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I got one prestige point. I'm done with front lines.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Frontlines is still good for credit grinding BUT you have to run premium tanks with boosters and premium time while farming the hell out of the enemy. So, yeah, if you're not doing all that bull I wouldn't worry about it or bother. As for module grinding it's okay unless your stock config has an especially terrible gun.

I actually enjoy the mode most of the time, but it really boils down to getting at least captain and probably major in a round as often as you can to actually get good returns.

I'm looking forward to having a second map. Though I'm not holding my breath for it to show up.

I am insane and am at prestige 5 AMA.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

rex rabidorum vires posted:

The biggest annoyance with Frontlines now vs when it was first introduced is that they nerfed credits by what seems like 50% and XP is maybe 1/3rd of what it was. Which like every different mode WGing has introduced (Rampage/Historic) the 'rewards' have always been completely garbage relative to the base random games....which still have terrible rewards.

Yeah that's what I was getting at. I thought FL was more profitable the first time, now it's not worth it unless you're only interested in ranking up for the season rewards.

Captain Blaargh posted:

Frontlines is still good for credit grinding BUT you have to run premium tanks with boosters and premium time while farming the hell out of the enemy. So, yeah, if you're not doing all that bull I wouldn't worry about it or bother. As for module grinding it's okay unless your stock config has an especially terrible gun.

I actually enjoy the mode most of the time, but it really boils down to getting at least captain and probably major in a round as often as you can to actually get good returns.

I'm looking forward to having a second map. Though I'm not holding my breath for it to show up.

I am insane and am at prestige 5 AMA.

And again, agreed, you pretty much have to play certain tanks in FL to do "well," which is unfortunate.

I completely forgot to mention that I also felt the sole map getting old.

It'd be slightly more bearable if you knew if you were attacking or defending to begin with so you could choose an appropriate tank.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

I realized that I'm spending a lot of time aiming. Should I be giving the reticle time to zoom in, or should I just point and click?

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
aim in as much as you can every single time. Sometimes you aren't able to because you're going to get shot back or whatever. But always take as much time as you can to shrink the circle.

If you're literally right up against a tank and just need to pump rounds into them as fast as possible it isnt really necessary to aim. But those instances aren't as common

Edit: I guess a better rule of thumb is if the entirety of your reticle is covering a part of the enemy tank, it usually isn't necessary to aim. but be aware that the aiming circle represents all the possible places where your shell might land, so shrinking it down as much as you can is the best if you want your shell to be as accurate as possible

Gone Fashing fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Apr 22, 2019

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
alternately, just spray your shots off even at 500m on the move while turning both hull and turret and watch in amazement as you dunk some poor bastard for 900 damage in your T49 with a shot you'd never hit in a million years if you'd aimed

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Hellsau posted:

alternately, just spray your shots off even at 500m on the move while turning both hull and turret and watch in amazement as you dunk some poor bastard for 900 damage in your T49 with a shot you'd never hit in a million years if you'd aimed

60% of the time, snap shotting works all of the time.

Cross map shot with a KV-2? Hell yea. Zoomed in shot on a tank 100m away giving a broadside? That shell is hitting the dirt.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

CitizenKain posted:

Zoomed in shot on a tank 100m away giving a broadside? That shell is hitting the dirt.
50m distance, aimed at the back of the target, shell just dives into the tracks and is harmlessly absorbed.

Alt+F4.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

50m distance, aimed at the back of the target, shell just dives into the tracks and is harmlessly absorbed.

Well fortunately you're driving an AMX 50 100, so even though the first shot hit tracks you have five more shots!

Miss
Miss
Bounce
Miss
0 damage crit on the rear roof?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I only bounce shells off light tanks.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Prav posted:

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take

I also miss about 75% of the shots I do take; common vectors include down into the tracks and between the bottom of the turret and the engine deck! :v:

Also, I'm really learning to [not] love broadside shots getting eaten by the cars' wheels! :suicide:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Car wheel armor owns, best armor in the game.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

BadLlama posted:

Does it eat HESH shells?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BadLlama posted:

Well yeah, when I'm the one driving one, not so much when I slam a 122 directly into the side of the car for 0 damage, however.

serious gaylord posted:

Does it eat HESH shells?

Any kind of [effectively] spaced armor will pre-detonate any HE shell (including HEAT, HESH) but I have a feeling they'll still take extensive damage from a 183 HESH or even a Type 4/5 HE (pre-nerf of course.)

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I would pay :10bux: to give the wheel car spinners.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
oh man that would be worth it just for how mad it would make the average wot player

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Would be hilarious if the spinners have a random chance of deflecting shots to it.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Mesadoram posted:

I would pay :10bux: to give the wheel car spinners.

Same

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Katamari Democracy posted:

Would be hilarious if the spinners have a random chance of deflecting shots to it.

not just eating shots like tracks do, actually deflecting the shots back at their shooter.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

not just eating shots like tracks do, actually deflecting the shots back at their shooter.

You have to have double premium account to access this purchase and then its $20.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

I realized that I'm spending a lot of time aiming. Should I be giving the reticle time to zoom in, or should I just point and click?

It depends. Are you playing russian tanks?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Hellsau posted:

Then when the shot redirects back to the player this happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZXc39hT8t4&t=135s
We gonna rock it 'till the whells fall off

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

O-Ho:
Changed the reload time of the 15 cm Howitzer Type 96 gun from 17 to 22 s
Changed the damage value of the HE Type 96 shell for the 15 cm Howitzer Type 96 gun from 910 to 890

:negative:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

A Handed Missus posted:

O-Ho:
Changed the damage value of the HE Type 96 shell for the 15 cm Howitzer Type 96 gun from 910 to 890

Didn't you win your 15,000th battle the other day?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I cannot stop laughing.

They managed to one-up their already three-upped stupidity from the Type 4/5 and broke the O-Ho.

Wargaming's balance team is so incomprehensibly stupid, it's, well..., it's incomprehensible.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Did they mess with the O-Ni?

I prefer it over the O-Ho. ho ho ho ohhoho

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

moolchaba posted:

Did they mess with the O-Ni?

I prefer it over the O-Ho. ho ho ho ohhoho

The Type 96 is the 15cm howitzer all japanese tanks tier VI through VIII have access to, so they all lose damage on the HE shell. Mind you, 20 fewer damage points isn't going to be a big deal on the other tanks, but cranking up the reload to 22 seconds on the O-Ho makes it unplayable.
It has no mobility, it has no (effective) armor for its ludicrous size and profile, the one single drat thing that made it playable was having the same howitzer the tier VI has, but with a much better reload.

And they broke it because the Type 4/5 had access to A SINGLE thing that could have been removed to fix the issue. :lol:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

A Handed Missus posted:

O-Ho:

What the gently caress? WHY?! Nobody was calling the goddamn O-Ho overpowered.

lol watch them release a tier 8 premium japanese heavy with the unnerfed type 4 derp

e: oh hey I'm 1 year clean.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 23, 2019

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hellsau posted:

lol watch them release a tier 8 premium japanese heavy with the unnerfed type 4 derp

Holy poo poo, that actually makes sense considering WG's idiocy

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Swedish tanks need a surströmming rack module. When it blows, oh boy

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Holy poo poo, that actually makes sense considering WG's idiocy

Coming next Christmas. They can call it the O-HoHoHo

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

Didn't you win your 15,000th battle the other day?

16,000th :yeshaha:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ugh
http://wotreplays.eu/site/4859746#murovanka-mariuslecter-object_430

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

e: oh hey I'm 1 year clean.

I would be ok with this nerf if they remove those stupid fuckin tumors from the front of that piece of poo poo. It's usability would go up 2000%, and that is not hyperbole. Those tumors ruin that tank.