Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

DrNutt posted:

Uh, can someone at least confirm that there is only implied nudity in the Gendry/Arya scene? I have like, negative desire to see any of Maisie Williams without clothes. Gendry would be fine I guess though.

I figured it was a body double just because Maisie has had one before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

This is all an elaborate prank to make an ending so lovely Gurm will finally be motivated to finish it himself so this poo poo doesn't become his legacy.

Right?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

LadyPictureShow posted:

There's a guy that put up alleged leaks for episode 3 which he claims he got from an employee in India:

I think coming to the last season with no expectations at all and making GBS threads on the show was the best course of action to take, because this actually sounds kinda good?

Like I had 0% faith they would have a cross army war and 100% they would instead resort to axing NK first, then moving on to Cersei patiently waiting for them in KL to throw down.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Was asking a friend whether he thought the sexing was going to happen before the season ended. I should have made a wager.
Aside from the generic body double use of profile>close-up>profile, that scene just seemed like it was so fans into that sort of poo poo would shut up.

So: for 40 minutes people just stood still and said the word "change" a lot, followed by heavily accented flirting, and lastly actual plot movement in the last 5 minutes.

Am I watching S6 of Lost?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lezard_valeth posted:

I think coming to the last season with no expectations at all and making GBS threads on the show was the best course of action to take, because this actually sounds kinda good?

Like I had 0% faith they would have a cross army war and 100% they would instead resort to axing NK first, then moving on to Cersei patiently waiting for them in KL to throw down.

That's because the leaked spoilers would be an insanely stupid move by Cersei. You can either split up your forces to kill your rival or wait in your super defensible position and wait to fight the winner(which was her plan from s7 iirc). Just send some assassins if you really wanted to kill Dany and Jon that badly. gently caress, hire them at the Braavos assassin building.

So she will totally throw away her mercenaries to try and kill Dany and Jon. They would've won if they had some loving elephants...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Apr 22, 2019

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax
Wow, that was loving garbage.

Andrigaar posted:

Am I watching S6 of Lost?

Also this

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It is weird how much money was spent on these dragons only for one to go down to only one shot and for everyone to assume the other two are gonna totally job it too

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Tehran 1979 posted:

Wow, that was loving garbage.

Also this

More like Season 3, unfortunately

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Captain Splendid posted:

She literally tries the same trick Tormund does

and one of them worked

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

That's because the leaked spoilers would be an insanely stupid move by Cersei.

It's been a long time since I expected the show to do something smart. They've been operating in fanservice and rule of cool for 3+ seasons now.

I wasn't expecting them to do anything actually cool, which a 3 way fight would be. Justify the 7+ seasons of scrapping the bottom of CGI budget barrel with a cool af battle.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Those spoilers sound accurate to me; nothing too crazy plot-twist wise is about par for the third episode.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Also I might be slow and everyone already figured this out, but the fact that both factions will be fought at once reducing the possibility of the Hound dieing to some WW rando means there is a high chance that cleganebowl will happen.

GUYS CLEGANEBOWL IS BACK ON THE MENU

Time to dust off them gifs.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

What’s this both factions fought at once thing? Those Spain phone pictures just said nk attacks winter fell in waves for whatever reason.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I bet dragon glass is poison to regular zombies too because Arya is so obviously gonna fight with the Hound in said bowl

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

kater posted:

What’s this both factions fought at once thing? Those Spain phone pictures just said nk attacks winter fell in waves for whatever reason.

Those phone pictures say Cersei will send the GC (or part of it) to try and snipe down one of the dragons. Basically Cersei will fight them in the open field (A DOTHRAKI HOOOORDE!!!) instead of waiting for the Alliance of Good vs Zombies war to settle itself and then fight the winner like she said she would last season.

The NK then attack with his main army and sweep the GC because yeah now we can definitely be sure that he can see the future and was waiting for all this dumb poo poo to happen.

The NK might win after all :getin:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
E: Whoops meant to post in other thread

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh hey by the way with that Golden Company, what the hell is up with their chief being named Harry Strickland? What kind of a fantasy name is that? It's weird how Gurm gave good fantasy names to the Targaryens, then did lazy poo poo like "the North" "the Hound" "the Mountain" or having had basically every city or geographical location end in -os, and even then he did just stupid poo poo like naming a character "Brandon Stark" or "Justin Massey" as if these dudes didn't sell meth out of their shotgun houses

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I mean, Targs are high-class and folk like Harry, Sandor and even Bran (relatively) are lower-class peeps...
It's not like most people irl name their kids "Xavier" and "Ambrose"
I don't know why he likes 'os' though, can't help you there.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mameluke posted:

Oh hey by the way with that Golden Company, what the hell is up with their chief being named Harry Strickland? What kind of a fantasy name is that? It's weird how Gurm gave good fantasy names to the Targaryens, then did lazy poo poo like "the North" "the Hound" "the Mountain" or having had basically every city or geographical location end in -os, and even then he did just stupid poo poo like naming a character "Brandon Stark" or "Justin Massey" as if these dudes didn't sell meth out of their shotgun houses

There's like 2 billion characters in the novels, at some point you get fatigue.

I think having "The Iron Throne" and "The Iron Islands" / "The Iron Fleet" is kinda hokey but ehhhh whatever. (Could have called it The Steel Throne? Not as good? Hmm)

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Strickland in the books is a white collar coin counter, his boring name fits the role.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Jon: hay jsyk I'm your nephew and also rightful king. let's go bang?

At least he's consistently stupid.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

:lol:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

Lmao oh god I bet this exactly happens, according to the Law of Sex Before Tragic Death

I also would not be even a little surprised if Arya and Gendry was dictated by The Absolute Fucker himself.

Arya and Gendry 100% want to bone down in the books, tis not just a show thing.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

esperterra posted:

Arya and Gendry 100% want to bone down in the books, tis not just a show thing.

I mean, Gendry does, Arya was like 10 or 11 when she last saw Gendry.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Also book Gendry is 14 or so, not 45. So it makes some difference I guess.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I mean, Gendry does, Arya was like 10 or 11 when she last saw Gendry.

Yeah fair, though imo it's p clear she has a crush on him. And yeah their age difference is way less weird or whatever (i mean it's fantasy so the age difference in context is not weird at all but modern lens and all) in the books, since really in the grand scheme they're both just kids thrust in a bad situation. Meanwhile even if show Gendry is supposed to be around the same age difference or w/e, Joe Dempsie has not looked like a teenager for a long time, in fact I would argue he didn't even pull that off on Skins when he woulda been in his early af 20s. Where btw he did hang dong if people are sad Gendry didn't.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Book Arya clearly wants to bone down her cousin the most tho

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

every arya scene sucked rear end but that was a step up from episode 1 for sure

the jaime actor would make a good geralt imo

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

the 3 consecutive scenes that all said tyrion was super duper smart and has a big brain

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I like AryaxGendry. SansaxGendry rang hollow in the poo poo spoilers.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Arya is barely even a consistent character anymore.
Kill her off for the big oh gently caress no way kill. (good luck, they don't have the guts to do that)

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

esperterra posted:

Book Arya clearly wants to bone down her cousin the most tho

Too bad she only boned her cousin's cousin

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

LadyPictureShow posted:

There's a guy that put up alleged leaks for episode 3 which he claims he got from an employee in India:

That sounds quite plausible at this point. The show seems to now focus on character development and then crushing those characters afterwards, instead of doing great multiple layer storylines across the continents with more depth to it. Lol at the mercenary part, but really expectable. I wonder if the golden fuckers were told that they were meant to fight dragons, undeads and undead dragons.

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

This dude barely even remembers there are books at this point

loving love this man. Did he do any more episodes, or just those two? He should re-do the entire loving series.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Captain Splendid posted:

Too bad she only boned her cousin's cousin

truth

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Goons Are Great posted:

loving love this man. Did he do any more episodes, or just those two? He should re-do the entire loving series.

That's one of the Ds. David Benioff, I think. He's one of the showrunning tards.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

LadyPictureShow posted:

I hope that this is not real, but I fear that it is.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Snipee posted:

I hope that this is not real, but I fear that it is.

I mean the set photos and promo materials have so far made no secret of Winterfell being totally hosed. This is more plausible than those dumb poop ending leaks but still sounds like someone's educated guess fan-fiction. I doubt we're getting both the 20,000 golden company dudes AND the battle against the Others in some big battle royale because at least one of the other episodes is going to be another big battle. If Cersei's forces are done after ep 3, what kind of left field swerve is happening? Daario plot teleporting in with the Second Sons? Also I would hedge my bets on way more big deaths next episode with all the emotional payoffs they loaded into eps 1 and 2.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I dunno, Arya killing Gendry seems the correct level of hamfisted.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

DrNutt posted:

I mean the set photos and promo materials have so far made no secret of Winterfell being totally hosed. This is more plausible than those dumb poop ending leaks but still sounds like someone's educated guess fan-fiction. I doubt we're getting both the 20,000 golden company dudes AND the battle against the Others in some big battle royale because at least one of the other episodes is going to be another big battle. If Cersei's forces are done after ep 3, what kind of left field swerve is happening? Daario plot teleporting in with the Second Sons? Also I would hedge my bets on way more big deaths next episode with all the emotional payoffs they loaded into eps 1 and 2.

The only thing that makes me doubt that spoiler is that IIRC there was another huge battle filmed for Ep5 which would not make sense if the GC gets wiped out in Ep3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Propaganda Machine posted:

I dunno, Arya killing Gendry seems the correct level of hamfisted.

Yeah it's entirely probable that some of the easy guesses happen, the show has gotten a lot more predictable in latter seasons as the cast has been pared down and the show has headed toward climaxes and payoffs. But

Jerkface posted:

The only thing that makes me doubt that spoiler is that IIRC there was another huge battle filmed for Ep5 which would not make sense if the GC gets wiped out in Ep3.

This is also true. How is there a huge battle in EP 5 if the GC is wiped out completely. I guess you could have a last stand at KL with the Winterfell survivors vs the last of the Others but I am skeptical as all hell of something like that. Based on how everything has gone so far, I find it far more likely the last big battle in the show is human on human.

We are still waiting on that 3rd big twist from George that has been alluded to by D and D though so who knows, maybe the last few episodes will get a lot less predictable. It is a bit curious how sparse the preview for next week was.

e: Tbf the previews could just be one of the actors popping up and saying "well, be sure to tune in next week!" and their viewership wouldn't be affected in the slightest so I dunno.