Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I thought Dany actually loved Daario but I guess he was a boy toy?

She didn't really trust him is the point, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I thought Dany actually loved Daario but I guess he was a boy toy?

He's a loving psycho who always wanted to kill people or get her to kill people. You can't try to be a respectable ruler and keep some dude at court who's always looking to feed people to dragons.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Prediction for next episode is that the battle doesn't happen yet and it's actually an extended character piece where we follow only Dany as she goes through great internal strife over her relationship with Jon until she finally spends time with her pervert voyeur dragons and finds out they're okay with it because they're a bunch of sick fucks.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Pod survives because they need a character to sleep with Sansa in two episodes.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I thought that episode was awesome, the scenes around the fire with everyone and especially Jaime knighting Brianne were especially good. I'm gonna be real, I really wanted to see Jaime apologize to Bran and I liked that there was a scene for that. Even though Bran is this half statue creature now.

The only thing about the episode I outright disliked was the Ayra/Gendry scene. Not so much because it was the two of them cause I think they had the two of them flirting since like, season 2. But it just kind of felt awkward I dunno. Oh and Pod singing the song felt weird.

I'm sure at least one dragon will survive next week's episode, but I feel like it's gonna stretch belief that the White Walkers wouldn't just easily kill both

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Xanderkish posted:

Prediction for next episode is that the battle doesn't happen yet and it's actually an extended character piece where we follow only Dany as she goes through great internal strife over her relationship with Jon until she finally spends time with her pervert voyeur dragons and finds out they're okay with it because they're a bunch of sick fucks.

Also it's a musical

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Raccooon posted:

Pod survives because they need a character to sleep with Sansa in two episodes.
Sansa does deserve the best

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Why yes, I do remember all of these secondary characters and their interesting quirks. I am sad thought that they forgot to work in a reference to Pod's ability to gently caress really well.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

He's a loving psycho who always wanted to kill people or get her to kill people. You can't try to be a respectable ruler and keep some dude at court who's always looking to feed people to dragons.

Sounds like the perfect candidate to run all 3 major cities in Slaver's Bay!

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Thank you Tormund, Brienne, and Jaime for being non poo poo characters in this ever increasingly dumpster fire of a show.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Darko posted:

She didn't really trust him is the point, I think.

I wouldn't trust anyone that changes into a completely different person

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Subvisual Haze posted:

Why yes, I do remember all of these secondary characters and their interesting quirks. I am sad thought that they forgot to work in a reference to Pod's ability to gently caress really well.

Boy are you going to be excited when you find out how they win the battle next episode.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

fishing with the fam posted:

Thank you Tormund, Brienne, and Jaime for being non poo poo characters in this ever increasingly dumpster fire of a show.

I'm glad they put the three best actors in a scene together, because everything else was some C+ TBS acting

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Doltos posted:

I wouldn't trust anyone that changes into a completely different person

Oh crap, hes a Faceless Man

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

So Dany has Targaryen brain worms and is going to go mad and try to murder everyone, right?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

JHomer722 posted:

So Dany has Targaryen brain worms and is going to go mad and try to murder everyone, right?
my money is on her being the actual final boss

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

Also, there is probably some connection between the Ice King and the Red God zombies?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

JHomer722 posted:

jon is going to not pursue his claim and let her have the throne and then she will get the Targaryen brain worms and try to murder everyone

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Darko posted:

Oh crap, hes a Faceless Man

It’s already established that he’s Euron

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

jon is going to not pursue his claim and let her have the throne and then she will get the Targaryen brain worms and try to murder everyone

Hhhmmm feels like they don’t have enough time left to really do this.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

JHomer722 posted:

Also, there is probably some connection between the Ice King and the Red God zombies?

Red God zombies?

All of the people brought back by The Lord of Light were straight up resurrected Jesus-style. Meanwhile the White Walkers are leading around hordes of half-rotten animated corpses.

D&D nerds would probably think of this as the difference between "Raise Dead" and "True Resurrection"

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

One of the best episodes they’ve done. It’s not fan service. It’s characters doing what they would as characters. Even the sex scene makes sense for them, even if we don’t like it. Calling anyone who works behind the scenes on this show hacks is :allears:.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Raccooon posted:

Hhhmmm feels like they don’t have enough time left to really do this.

6 Feet Under montage where they show how every character dies, except every one of them is burned to death by Dany one by one over the course of several decades

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I actually didn't mind the Arya/Gendry stuff. I think all of the Stark children are so straight faced and serious all the time, it was really nice for the show to make it clear that Arya isn't a robot. I think it was also pretty funny and they did a good job of keeping it in character.

I'm also like 90% sure that my pet Night Queen theory is actually going to come true at some point this season with Cersei aligning herself through The Night King.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I don't know if I think this episode is good or not but I will say Tormund loving owns.

Almost as much as the Hound.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
The biggest problem people seem to have with the sex scene is that we got to know Arya when Maisie Williams was 12, and somehow still looks 12.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Last week was reunions, this week it was goodbyes. I can dig it, but god drat the wait is killing me. The next 4 episodes need to be crazy balls to the wall.

It's nice to see someone have sex because they wanted to with who they wanted to in this show as well. Sansa's thing for Theon is pretty sweet too. That would be a couple to

Brienne being knighted was awesome, because it was pretty much something only someone with Jaime could do, gently caress traditions, lets do it.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

LionArcher posted:

One of the best episodes they’ve done. It’s not fan service. It’s characters doing what they would as characters. Even the sex scene makes sense for them, even if we don’t like it. Calling anyone who works behind the scenes on this show hacks is :allears:.

I always wonder who supports D&D turning a nuanced book into watered down sex and gore but here you go

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I dunno about you guys but I for one have been waiting for the epic payoff that was Maise Williams sideboob /s

Lol at all of you thinking the next episode is the battle at winterfell. Next episode will be 100% Kings landing. Episode 4 will be all battle then 2 episodes to wrap up whatever the aftermath is. Y'all haven't been paying attention the past 8 seasons if you think we get the payoff next week.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

LionArcher posted:

One of the best episodes they’ve done. It’s not fan service. It’s characters doing what they would as characters.

Listen, motherfucker, any scene that makes me feel good is fanservice and it must not be in my shows. Everything on this show must make me unhappy and dissatisfied, because I'm a filthy wretch and I must be punished for my sins.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/jacobtwop/status/1120150305302351873

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

D-Pad posted:

I dunno about you guys but I for one have been waiting for the epic payoff that was Maise Williams sideboob /s

Lol at all of you thinking the next episode is the battle at winterfell. Next episode will be 100% Kings landing. Episode 4 will be all battle then 2 episodes to wrap up whatever the aftermath is. Y'all haven't been paying attention the past 8 seasons if you think we get the payoff next week.

Next episode won't be the final battle for the Walkers, just the final battle for half the cast.

I'm betting there are two big battle scenes this season. Next week is the one that makes everyone lose hope.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

D-Pad posted:

Well you’re probably going to have to keep waiting since that’s most assuredly a digitally inserted body double, like Dany in Vaes Dothrak or Cersei’s walk of shame.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Doltos posted:

I always wonder who supports D&D turning a nuanced book into watered down sex and gore but here you go
what nuanced book, there's been no book to base the show off of for over a season

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The reason Tyrion's been giving poo poo advice some season 4 is he stopped loving, he's like Elaine.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they just forget about Cersei lmao

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

They posted a full version of Jenny's Song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTa1jHk1Lxc

It's pretty good

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

at least I get to look forward to half of these characters getting killed next week

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

TheRat posted:

They posted a full version of Jenny's Song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTa1jHk1Lxc

It's pretty good

I prefer Pod's version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

precision posted:

Next episode won't be the final battle for the Walkers, just the final battle for half the cast.

I'm betting there are two big battle scenes this season. Next week is the one that makes everyone lose hope.

It is known that in any movie, show, or book with more than one large scale battle, there must be a sequence with one battle that goes really bad and everyone on the good side gets sad and/or dead, and then it must be followed by a battle that goes really good and everyone on the good side smiles a lot and maybe dances in a forest with some weird bear people, because that's how wars work.