Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sedgr posted:

Did people forget that Pod's skill with the ladies was basically a joke? Bron and Tyrion paid the hookers in advance, and then gave Pod some gold to pay them with, which they give back to him and tell him how great he was. Boosting his confidence.

The whole point was to reward Pod and make him feel awesome. He wasnt some sort of magic dicked virgin.

nope pod is a cunning linguist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

ruddiger posted:

I know they name dropped Harry Strickland from the Golden Company, but I hope we actually get to see the dude. I liked some of the GC details from the books, like the fact that a lot of them fought for the Blackfyres (who I don't think have ever been mentioned in the show), and they roll around with their founder's skull dipped in gold. We're already getting denied elephants, don't deny me my golden skull, HBO!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Groovelord Neato posted:

nope pod is a cunning linguist.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Whoopsy, sorry, I did NOT mean to say "here's a difference from the book!!". What I meant was, "the characters are older in the show because they started out older, not just because more time has passed"

No I understand what you meant, it just reminded me that, as with all of them, Rickon’s book plot stopped in a really weird place.

Although IIRC it’s been about 2-3 years in the books so even in the show a lot more time has elapsed.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

I really liked that actor, he was fun

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
His abusive-weenie delivery of "mmm You don't wanna... wAkE tHe DrAgOn, do you??" was so perfect

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Davos tracking down King Rickon of the Wild Rumpus is a thread that I'm looking forward to seeing resolved in the book.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Sedgr posted:

Did people forget that Pod's skill with the ladies was basically a joke? Bron and Tyrion paid the hookers in advance, and then gave Pod some gold to pay them with, which they give back to him and tell him how great he was. Boosting his confidence.

The whole point was to reward Pod and make him feel awesome. He wasnt some sort of magic dicked virgin.

You’re forgetting a key scene where one of the other woman is telling vars that he actually was amazing, and that it wasn’t the size but skill.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

ruddiger posted:

I know they name dropped Harry Strickland from the Golden Company, but I hope we actually get to see the dude. I liked some of the GC details from the books, like the fact that a lot of them fought for the Blackfyres (who I don't think have ever been mentioned in the show), and they roll around with their founder's skull dipped in gold. We're already getting denied elephants, don't deny me my golden skull, HBO!

I'm pretty sure he was with Euron in episode 1.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

LionArcher posted:

You’re forgetting a key scene where one of the other woman is telling vars that he actually was amazing, and that it wasn’t the size but skill.

Yeah, if I remember right she’s like you didn’t need to bribe us - he’s great!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

His abusive-weenie delivery of "mmm You don't wanna... wAkE tHe DrAgOn, do you??" was so perfect

Wonderful facial expressions too

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Normy posted:

I'm pretty sure he was with Euron in episode 1.

Yeah he's the one who explains how elephants don't go on ships goodly

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Gunthen posted:

What your trying to say is very level headed, and very understandable. My question for you, is does Arya's sex scene with Gendry seem out of place in the context of Game of Thrones. And does getting creeped out by a 22 year old actress because she is portraying the normal process of becoming a healthy adult seem rational?

There is a big difference between respecting your family members privacy, I have a sister. It would definitely be weird to go into details with her.

Arya is a character, in a show that has sex. She is now an adult, and is having sex. I just don't understand the issue with it. And I don't conflate any character in Game of Thrones to family.

I'm not conflating anybody with family. It was an example of someone you knew younger and who you would be talking to. An illustration. Omg. You guys are impossible to talk to.

But at least you're trying. GGChris is an rear end in a top hat and I'm just gonna ignore him now.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

none of you complained when they showed 8 year old Rickon bust a nut

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Fellatio del Toro posted:

:golfclap:

Keep 'em coming.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

y'all still posting and I'd still bang arya, gendry, pod et al.

not rickon though, he looks like he'd want to talk about sick vape hauls and pewdeepie after.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

christmas boots posted:

Are the GoT threads always like this? Because I was excited to experience the final season with my fellow goons but after all those pages of Arya chat I’m having some major second thoughts

Every TV/IV thread is a few people trying to have a discussion and a few other goons going "lol you're so dumb, not like me who is a good show watcher" its bad yeah.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm not conflating anybody with family. It was an example of someone you knew younger and who you would be talking to. An illustration. Omg. You guys are impossible to talk to.

But at least you're trying. GGChris is an rear end in a top hat and I'm just gonna ignore him now.

Don't take a parting shot at me and then say "i'm just gonna ignore it now".

You have bad opinions and you've said some deeply disturbing things today that make me worry about your mental state.

Absolutely incredible

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

It's been a while since I've posted in a TVIV thread, but I don't remember ever seeing such a lack of civil discourse before. It's like this forum had devolved to just people attacking other people's opinions lol.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Zaphod42 posted:

Every TV/IV thread is a few people trying to have a discussion and a few other goons going "lol you're so dumb, not like me who is a good show watcher" its bad yeah.

Don’t act like you’re above it lol

You’ve partaken in taking shots at people here well before this latest spat.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Apr 22, 2019

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Because gatekeeping women's sexuality is more than just a icky character attribute and leads to things like poor health care for women, restricted abortion access, career limitations, etc.

Some opinions need to get attacked, OP

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

NO gently caress YOU :razz:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

christmas boots posted:

Are the GoT threads always like this? Because I was excited to experience the final season with my fellow goons but after all those pages of Arya chat I’m having some major second thoughts

Just wait for next week when Bran fucks.

lol @ this thread losing it's mind over Arya for 20 pages.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Zaphod42 posted:

Dude literally the only thing more than two people in this thread can agree on is that you do this more than anyone else and we're all getting a bit tired of the fact that you somehow don't see it

Like I'm not trying to be mean

I'm a poo poo poster myself

But like dude

You gotta get it together just a bit here

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

precision posted:

Dude literally the only thing more than two people in this thread can agree on is that you do this more than anyone else and we're all getting a bit tired of the fact that you somehow don't see it

Not empty quoting, because I wanted to say something similar this but you already did so here it is again.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Because gatekeeping women's sexuality is more than just a icky character attribute and leads to things like poor health care for women, restricted abortion access, career limitations, etc.

"that scene made me uncomfortable" = "you're gatekeeping women's sexuality"?

BlackStar
Aug 21, 2004

cjg posted:

Yeah. There's a been A LOT of reaching ITT.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

cjg posted:

Yes sir, you appear to Get It

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Who’s your guys favorite character. I like Jon Snow

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

As cringey as it was seeing somebody we've watched grow up in front of our eyes get naked on camera and do the deed, this is a really fuckin' excellent point.

You've changed my mind.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

will there be a hot pie sex scene

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That DICK! posted:

Mine's Jaime. I hope he lives. What a bittersweet redemption arc ending with him surviving would be.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Do you guys think they going to introduce Jon Connington next episode or wait til 4? They should probably start the Young Griff storyline sooner than later.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

romanowski posted:

will there be a hot pie sex scene

"They call me 'Hot Pie' — want to know why?"

:heysexy:

BlackStar
Aug 21, 2004

I hope HBO cans the spinoff idea. This poo poo is insufferable.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

That DICK! posted:

Of all: Margaery Tyrell

Living: Brienne or Davos

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

HBO should do a historical revisionist series about what would have happened if Ned never took the dang job

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I liked the first Faceless man - he was amazing. Bring him back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Zaphod42 posted:

I gotta be honest you seem like part of that problem from my (admittedly) outsider's perspective.