Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bone
Feb 15, 2007

We're boned.

Jose Valasquez posted:

They're doing maintenance all day

Yup and the past 3 times (in the past month) have been my prime playing hours. Can I have 10% of my sub back please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Bone posted:

Yup and the past 3 times (in the past month) have been my prime playing hours. Can I have 10% of my sub back please

i know that reading is hard

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Bone posted:

Are NA servers already down? Thought it wasnt supposed to be for another two hours.

They sure do a lot of maintenance on this game its kind of annoying.

e: Cool they're down all day with no announcement and the tooltip still says 6pm. Time to find another MMO I think.

Lol gently caress you

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
february 28: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/11cadb280ca20f53f22e0b0885d1ebf675536bb9

quote:

In order to facilitate a smoother in-game experience for our many current players, as well as prepare for the increase in activity expected to come with the release of Shadowbringers, we have made the decision to expand our server infrastructure. Accordingly, one new data center for North American players, and one for European players, will be created in April.

With the addition of new data centers, however, it will be necessary to redistribute various World servers. The current state of each World’s community and its primary language have been taken into consideration, but we understand that the redistribution may cause difficulties for players nevertheless.

We will be taking various steps to minimize the impact of these changes, including offering free World transfers for all characters on the North American and European Data Centers for a period of approximately two weeks after implementation. We ask for your understanding as we work to create a better experience for all players in the days to come.

quote:

North American Servers
New Data Center:
Crystal

Date of Implementation:
Tuesday, April 23, 2019
* The schedule for maintenance accompanying this implementation will be announced at a later date.

ugh, only 7 weeks notice? time to find a new mmo

Bone
Feb 15, 2007

We're boned.

Phone posted:

Weird because the pop up in the actual game client still says 6pm. My bad, still annoying.

Verranicus posted:

Lol gently caress you

Dang sorry if it felt like I was attacking you, to be clear I am annoyed at a video game not you as a person.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
the motd in the game said april 22 3am to april 23 3am

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Phone posted:

If I don't want to read the numerous announcements by SE then I won't. You can't make me read those other things!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Bone posted:

Weird because the pop up in the actual game client still says 6pm. My bad, still annoying.

Dang sorry if it felt like I was attacking you, to be clear I am annoyed at a video game not you as a person.

All the data centers are going offline from 6pm to 3am for a patch. The n/a data centers are off from 3am to 3am for the migration and patch.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Yeah, I got the 3am to 3am message in-game as well, which got a :stare: out of me because it was already past 3am for me. What time zone is their announcement time anchored to?

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

If I don't want to read the numerous announcements by SE then I won't. You can't make me read those other things!
Then you bring the mockery upon yourself

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

the MOTD that pops up in the launcher when you try to log in displays the "All Worlds Maintenance" at the top, which gives the 6pm start time for EU servers. i didn't notice until now that it scrolls down further and gives the full maintenance time for NA.

i didn't know there was 24 hour maintenance for NA until the tweet yesterday about the end of Hatching-Tide. :shrug:

edit: also i don't read the MOTD in game apparently

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Bone posted:

also im pretty sure NA people are getting an extra sub day for this

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

What if you're using the 30 day free trial, do you get an extra day back for that? I have a paid sub but a friend of mine is still doing the trial.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

The trial isn't time-locked, hasn't been for a long while.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Malachite_Dragon posted:

What if you're using the 30 day free trial, do you get an extra day back for that? I have a paid sub but a friend of mine is still doing the trial.

The free trial is unlimited now, you just can't go past level 30.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

The free trial is unlimited now, you just can't go past level 30.

Brainamp posted:

The trial isn't time-locked, hasn't been for a long while.
No no, I mean the Starter Edition thing that they handed out codes for via Twitch Prime, gave him the full base game and 30 days.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Mordiceius posted:

Depending on when you guys are looking to run it, I'm down to tank. I've been wanting to check out the upper levels of HoH. My weapon/armor, last I remember, were pretty close to maxed.

sent you a pm

Great White Hope!
Nov 12, 2006

Finally got the comically large sword I've wanted for a long time

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Red Red Blue posted:

Yeah your CPU seems alright if a little long in the tooth but the GPU is old as hell and could definitely use an upgrade. Assuming you're talking USD you could easily get an RX 570 or GTX 1050 Ti in the 150-200 range or if you find a good deal that could be bumped up to an RX 580 or GTX 1060.

Found an RX 570 for under $150 so thanks for the recommendations :yayclod:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Great White Hope! posted:

Activate Windows

Great White Hope!
Nov 12, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Activate Windows

if i do that i actually have to buy it tho

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Am I understanding correctly that one character can be any job as long as they're wearing the correct equipment?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

No no, I mean the Starter Edition thing that they handed out codes for via Twitch Prime, gave him the full base game and 30 days.

My guess is that's just an active sub, so he'll probably get a day, too? It's probably not worth trying to penny pinch there, especially since they'd want to make a good impression.

poe meater posted:

Am I understanding correctly that one character can be any job as long as they're wearing the correct equipment?

Correct, although the things that say what your job is are your weapon and jobstone. If you have an axe equipped and try to put on a healer robe, it just won't let you, but if you equip a new weapon, even with full gear you will become that class, and any gear not compatible with that class will be unequipped.

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 23, 2019

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

poe meater posted:

Yes and no.

You need to unlock the jobs at city-states and the ARR jobs (everything but Red Mage, Samurai, Dark Knight, Astrologian and Mechanist) will require you to get to level 30 for their Job Stone which upgrades them to the real class. However you can have every class in the game on one character once they're unlocked.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Yes and no.

You need to unlock the jobs at city-states and the ARR jobs (everything but Red Mage, Samurai, Dark Knight, Astrologian and Mechanist) will require you to get to level 30 for their Job Stone which upgrades them to the real class. However you can have every class in the game on one character once they're unlocked.

Its PSO2 all over again. Gotta max 'em all! :unsmigghh:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

poe meater posted:

Yes. One character can do every single thing in the game.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
And if you want to craft, you NEED to do everything :v:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Brainamp posted:

Yes. One character can do every single thing in the game.

Well, close enough that it doesn't matter. Each of the three main cities has its own level 1-15 main story quest and one low level sidequest series of which your character can only ever see one, but if you really want to see the others all it takes is to make two alts and a couple hours worth of leveling.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Datacenters bum me the gently caress out.

I have my house and am established here on Excalibur, but I have a big group of friends that are playing on Gilgamesh on Aether. I leveled another character to play with them sometimes but my excitement to play with them has been completely sapped by not wanting to maintain progression on two characters at once.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Thundarr posted:

Well, close enough that it doesn't matter. Each of the three main cities has its own level 1-15 main story quest and one low level sidequest series of which your character can only ever see one, but if you really want to see the others all it takes is to make two alts and a couple hours worth of leveling.

its just faster to get the airship unlocked from the main story quests then to restart on a different alt. Seeing your going to have to do them sooner or later anyway.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Thundarr posted:

also maxing desynthesis on all crafts simultaneously!

not that there's a reason to do that

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Great White Hope! posted:

Heck yeah, DRK is rad

Idk if this is really a spoiler, but safe > sorry. I just like the composition of the shot a lot. Evil version with a literal aura. Good version, but the face is obscured.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:

Sarrisan posted:

I've been a level 70 crafter for like 4 weeks and have made like 25m gil casually selling weapons over that time. It's not holy poo poo money but it's still pretty good.

Question because I’ve been leveling my crafters recently as well with the hopes of getting a house eventually (I’m on Excalibur so probably never), but how expensive was it to get gear that could reasonably craft the stuff you’re selling?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Someone several pages back was asking about healer UI setups, and I meant to go back and reply to it. Here's mine:

I'm planning on cleaning up my bars to be more compact, but this is the general layout that I've found works best for me. I have the party bar closer to the center so that it's both easier to access with mouse clicks (less travel time) and easier to glance at both party information and target/personal information. The party bar is within visual range of my target, my target's effects, and my own effects, and is just around eye level for the top bar of my UI, where most of my longer cooldown actions are. I keep my job gauge closer to the top and have hotbars set up around it to serve as cooldown indicators for more important skills. I also make use of ACT timers for certain things, which don't show up on the screenshot, but you can do perfectly fine just using a setup like this.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Vermain posted:

Someone several pages back was asking about healer UI setups, and I meant to go back and reply to it. Here's mine:

Thats pretty much my setup as well as far as the party and npc lists go, and with the alliance frames in the upper left.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Preliminary patch notes are up.

Adding gear set bonuses to the old FFX outfits is an interesting choice. I can't imagine that there was a lot of demand for adding stats to them. Maybe this is a sign that they are going to add them to the mogstation?

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Bone posted:

https://massivelyop.com/2019/04/15/final-fantasy-xivs-north-american-data-center-split-requires-maintenance-on-april-22/

Everyone's gonna get a free day of playtime due to the maintenance, so there's that atleast.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

quote:

The weekly restriction on the number of Alphascape crystalloids available as completion rewards in Alphascape V4.0 has been removed.

Adjustments have been made to the Orbonne Monastery.
The weekly restriction on rewards obtained from coffers has been removed.
The weekly restriction on obtaining Mullondeis Coins has been removed.

Scaevan Ester, used to strengthen Allagan tomestones of genesis weapons to item level 400, can now be obtained from Eschina in Rhalgr's Reach (X:13.8 Y:11.8) in exchange for items.
Items Required
Rabanastran Coin / Gougan Coin / Mullondeis Coin

Welp, time to grind machinist up to item level 400. Or I guess in 8 hours.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I just finished getting through Pagos's light step again on two characters.

And now they raise the amount of light you get there, right after.

And they ignore Pyros light again.

I'm crying, Square-Enix. I'm crying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Whole day of maintenance just ending? God drat, did I pick a good time to move states