Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
rings or you suck bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ches Neckbeard posted:

rings or you suck bitch

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Rodger got someone to tone down the Boo's temporarily thursday

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1120428830966079490

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/eric_d_williams/status/1120442735830491136?s=19

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Hahaha the Steelers will jump all over that and he'll be Jarvis Jones 2.0

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Eli 7.0 ypa, 60% completion
Rivers 7.8 ypa 65% completion

But... But... His throwing motion isn't as pretty guys seriously its the most important thing!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I've never watched Rivers play a game and thought to myself "This guy really sucks".

I've said that several times every time I've ever had to sit through a Giants mandatory NFC East primetime game.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Eli vs Rivers is dumb because Andy is better than both of them

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Big Jesus posted:

But... But... His throwing motion isn't as pretty guys seriously its the most important thing!

Phillip 7.5 YPA, 59.4% completion, 14:10, 5-6 playoffs
Eli 7.0 YPA 60.5% completion, 18:9, 8-4 playoffs

But... but... regular season stats is all people care about!

Strobe posted:

I've never watched Rivers play a game and thought to myself "This guy really sucks".

I've said that several times every time I've ever had to sit through a Giants mandatory NFC East primetime game.

You must have never watched him in the playoffs then.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Doltos posted:

Lmao you complain about people moving goalposts to career td:int but cite winz in a sample size of 11 as the defining factor making Eli better

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Big Jesus posted:

Lmao you complain about people moving goalposts to career td:int but cite winz in a sample size of 11 as the defining factor making Eli better

Nah I've been sticking to the same argument the entire time. Rivers isn't that good, it shows in the playoffs, Eli has rings, etc, etc

Goons sure do love regular season stats over tangible success.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Doltos posted:

I do think there's something to be said for Rivers winning a game in the playoffs 4/6 years he's been there, and Eli failing to do so every time but the two Superbowl runs. But yeah, otherwise seems like if you're just talking playoffs, fair enough. I'm not sure the 11 and 12 playoff games should totally outweigh the 200+ regular season games each has played when you want to argue who is more talented or whatever, but two Superbowls is a pretty nice consolation for some less good regular season play.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
how dare anyone imply dolt's fervent defense of eli has anything to do with his giants fandom

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

get rings get statues

Rivers is a journeyman at best.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My favorite thing to do is watch film and discern talent. I mean I've spent over a decade doing draft analysis on this forum alone as a hobby. It bothers me how much Eli gets poo poo on due to bad narratives and how much Rivers gets praised despite his deficiencies. I don't claim that Eli is a generational QB or an all timer, but he's definitely better than Rivers. Both QBs are a full tier down below the truly great QBs like Brady, Brees, Peyton, and Rodgers. Ben may be better than both of them.

But nope, I'm a Giants homer apparently.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Doltos posted:

It's really difficult to when the Giants miss the playoffs so frequently. One bad loss against the Packers in the last eight seasons. Tell me again how Regular Season Eli isn't important. :jerkbag:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Doltos posted:

My favorite thing to do is watch film and discern talent. I mean I've spent over a decade doing draft analysis on this forum alone as a hobby. It bothers me how much Eli gets poo poo on due to bad narratives and how much Rivers gets praised despite his deficiencies. I don't claim that Eli is a generational QB or an all timer, but he's definitely better than Rivers. Both QBs are a full tier down below the truly great QBs like Brady, Brees, Peyton, and Rodgers. Ben may be better than both of them.

But nope, I'm a Giants homer apparently.

You aren't very good at discerning talent when your only arguments are an 11 game sample size versus a 200+ game body of work, Rivers' throwing motion that leads to a higher completion percentage than Eli, and ringz

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Strobe posted:

It's really difficult to when the Giants miss the playoffs so frequently. One bad loss against the Packers in the last eight seasons. Tell me again how Regular Season Eli isn't important. :jerkbag:

He's been to the playoffs as much as regular season darling Philip Rivers. In the last eight seasons he also has a super bowl win. Welp.

a neat cape posted:

You aren't very good at discerning talent when your only arguments are an 11 game sample size versus a 200+ game body of work, Rivers' throwing motion that leads to a higher completion percentage than Eli, and ringz

I am when I watch Rivers in offenses surrounded by Ladanian Tomlinson and Antonio Gates. He hasn't had slouch WRs the entire time either, or much better olines than Eli.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Doltos posted:

He's been to the playoffs as much as regular season darling Philip Rivers. In the last eight seasons he also has a super bowl win. Welp.

He also plays in the NFC East, where the barrier to entry is "we have a team that doesn't hate each other" and not the AFC West where the barrier to entry is 11-5 or higher.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Strobe posted:

He also plays in the NFC East, where the barrier to entry is "we have a team that doesn't hate each other" and not the AFC West where the barrier to entry is 11-5 or higher.

I mean I guess they had one more 13-3 finish I guess

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Strobe posted:

Also being in the AFC which is full of Brady, Ben, and Peyton. The (better) QBs responsible for all of Rivers' playoff losses except for one.

Must be nice to be in the NFC where you can lose to Jake Delhomme and Donovan McNabb

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
NFC has Rodgers and Brees. See what I'm talking about? Rivers apologists will jump through every hoop until it just boils down to regular season stats without any context.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
My point is that the NFC East is a trash garbage division (Philly last year was good). The AFC West is not.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
This is also missing the most important point: Eli's face is dumb.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Strobe posted:

My point is that the NFC East is a trash garbage division (Philly last year was good). The AFC West is not.

Well you do realize the NFC East has had more wins since both came into the league. The AFC West has only recently been tougher.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Doltos posted:

Well you do realize the NFC East has had more wins since both came into the league. The AFC West has only recently been tougher.

Still counts.

I have never shouted "What the gently caress are you doing?" at Phillip Rivers. I have shouted it several times at Eli Manning. Sorry your ~game tape~ missed those dumb plays.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Strobe posted:

Still counts.

I have never shouted "What the gently caress are you doing?" at Phillip Rivers. I have shouted it several times at Eli Manning. Sorry your ~game tape~ missed those dumb plays.

Don't get me wrong Eli is a much dumber QB than Rivers. That's where Can He Ball comes in. Eli's more physically talented but Rivers definitely beats him in the mental game.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Strobe posted:

im not going to look this up but i guarantee since both came into the league the nfce has been a harder division.

obviously you had the late state dementia raiders years, but there were several seasons where the chiefs and chargers were just god awful.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

The Big Jesus posted:

better stats = better player is a strong argument when it's two guys at the same position, with the same style of play (pocket passer), came into the league at the same time, and the sample size is 15 NFL seasons

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

im not going to look this up but i guarantee since both came into the league the nfce has been a harder division.

obviously you had the late state dementia raiders years, but there were several seasons where the chiefs and chargers were just god awful.

The AFC West since Rivers was drafted always had a dominant team (Early on the Chargers, then Denver during Peyton, currently KC, lol Raiders) but usually the other three teams were middling at best. Last year was the first season in a long time two really strong teams came out of the AFC West

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

a neat cape posted:

The AFC West since Rivers was drafted always had a dominant team (Early on the Chargers, then Denver during Peyton, currently KC, lol Raiders) but usually the other three teams were middling at best. Last year was the first season in a long time two really strong teams came out of the AFC West

Same with the NFC East

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Doltos posted:

Same with the NFC East

Yeah, I'm not arguing against you on that

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

a neat cape posted:

Hindsight's a bitch, but you could make the argument for the 12-4 Raiders being a strong team until they self-destructed in the playoffs a couple years ago. I'd personally pick teams 11-5 or better. Twice that was the Chiefs while Peyton was still around, should count.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
e: never mind

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
I sincerely hope the Giants continue to employ Eli Manning because he's "solid" or won some superbowl rings in the past. It has been really amusing to watch him spend the Romo years carving up bad secondaries only to get owned repeatedly by Rod Marinelli.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Eli had a statistically good year the same year everyone went straight to the moon when they changed how they called defensive penalties.

Also his arm is so broken they traded OBJ because they couldn't use his route tree anymore

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Guys relax. Gettleman is the gm. The Giants don't matter.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast
I have never hatred Eli more than after this conversation. Eli beat Brady twice in the Super Bowl in hilarious fashion and Doltos being a giant baby has still made me hate Eli. Congrats to Doltos.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Doltos could advocate for puppies and still come off like an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Wait until you hear his thoughts on charter schools,