Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Gotta say, Thor's new wheels at least look cooler than what he was driving in the 70s.

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty

Pakled posted:

Simpsons

:whitewater:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
BEAT EVERYTHING

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

That Homer actually looks just like the 3d Homer from that Halloween episode (creepy as hell). Also looks like Lisa got gum stuck in her hair again!!

Edit holy poo poo I JUST NOW noticed the "SIMPSONSNS"

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I got this during Xmas

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Did anyone want Gokus?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blaze Dragon posted:

Did anyone want Gokus?

are they knockoffs of an actual dbz minifig product or just legofied dbz characters but in bootleg quality?

I wouldn't mind decently-priced dbz minifigs tbh, unless it's ONLY gokus/saiyans

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Captain Invictus posted:

are they knockoffs of an actual dbz minifig product or just legofied dbz characters but in bootleg quality?

I wouldn't mind decently-priced dbz minifigs tbh, unless it's ONLY gokus/saiyans

I have no idea. I had no intention of buying this (especially after already spending far too much money on the same day buying actual, non-bootleg stuff), I just saw it and took a photo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blaze Dragon posted:

I have no idea. I had no intention of buying this (especially after already spending far too much money on the same day buying actual, non-bootleg stuff), I just saw it and took a photo.
these seem to be it, or similar and at a bit under a buck a pop I'm tempted to check them out. hmmm.

plus, well, it's potentially lego-compatible goku hair. I know there's the exo-force line from years back with the weird rubbery anime hair but this is bona-fide, genu-wine goku hair

edit: OHHHHH NOOOOO IT'S MR. POPO, HE'S A PROBLEM

edit: jesus christ going down this rabbit hole and I think there might be minifigs for almost every single DBZ character period, I keep finding more images with like a hundred characters on it like this one

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 18:41 on Apr 21, 2019

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
This was my favorite part in Kingdom Hearts 3

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

That lead me to this

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

EorayMel posted:

I don't think this is a bootleg at all. The box looks genuine, and the writing is in Japanese rather than the more bootleg-usual Chinese. This is seemingly legit, it's just Japan's love of transforming robots in action.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

EorayMel posted:

Theres a snake in my boot takes on a new meaning.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I don't think this is a bootleg at all. The box looks genuine, and the writing is in Japanese rather than the more bootleg-usual Chinese. This is seemingly legit, it's just Japan's love of transforming robots in action.

This was official merch, so yeah, the answer might just be "because Japan."

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Volcott posted:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Volcott posted:

the Woody revoltech is legit loving hilarious and I'm so glad they made it

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Blaze Dragon posted:

I have three pieces of good news for you. It's legit, there's a whole line of them, and they can do this:

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
Why do so many bootlegs have that light up LED in the chest?

As cheaply made as some of them are I'm surprised they sprung for electronics, even as cheap as that would be.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

RaspberryCommie posted:

Why do so many bootlegs have that light up LED in the chest?

As cheaply made as some of them are I'm surprised they sprung for electronics, even as cheap as that would be.

because it's dirt-rear end cheap to just wire a LED to a watch battery, and it makes the product seem more legitimate, meaning more sales

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

these seem to be it, or similar and at a bit under a buck a pop I'm tempted to check them out. hmmm.

plus, well, it's potentially lego-compatible goku hair. I know there's the exo-force line from years back with the weird rubbery anime hair but this is bona-fide, genu-wine goku hair

edit: jesus christ going down this rabbit hole and I think there might be minifigs for almost every single DBZ character period, I keep finding more images with like a hundred characters on it like this one

Oh nooo it really does keep getting deeper:

Croccers has a new favorite as of 08:03 on Apr 22, 2019

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I have been browsing the baffling items on offer over at cube crystal dot com

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"What are these things sticking out of the apple?"
"Ummm...pine needles right? From a pine tree?"
"Oh...OH!"

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Captain Invictus posted:

Unironically digging the Lego Mr. Satan

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

🔥HOTWINGS🔥

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
This might sound like a stupendously stupid question, but seeing those unique mini-figs on Ali-baba, how does shopping on there work? The last time I looked you couldn't order one knock off lego kit. You had to buy them in some absurd number. Or was I looking at some other site as this is called AlliExpress?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CzarChasm posted:

This might sound like a stupendously stupid question, but seeing those unique mini-figs on Ali-baba, how does shopping on there work? The last time I looked you couldn't order one knock off lego kit. You had to buy them in some absurd number. Or was I looking at some other site as this is called AlliExpress?

Alibaba is a wholesaler, Aliexpress is aimed at consumers. The product is the same.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Alibaba is a wholesaler, Aliexpress is aimed at consumers. The product is the same.

Ah-ha. Perfect. Thanks.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CzarChasm posted:

Ah-ha. Perfect. Thanks.

Also check out the Aliexpress thread that I would link here were I not on my phone right RN now.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Jerry Cotton posted:

Also check out the Aliexpress thread that I would link here were I not on my phone right RN now.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806076

Boom! Desktop supremacy!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Pastry of the Year posted:

I have been browsing the baffling items on offer over at cube crystal dot com
Oh my god. There is some amazing stuff on there. I wish the pictures were bigger.

What does this even mean?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
U R #1 but there's also a sick fuckin lion

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Kiiiiiillll.... meeeee.... *wheeze*

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Knormal posted:

Oh my god. There is some amazing stuff on there. I wish the pictures were bigger.

Is this one a majestic eagle or an angry chicken?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Facebook Aunt posted:

Eagle, allegedly. I'd be seriously tempted to buy it if the site didn't look so sketchy.

https://www.cubecrystal.com/product/3-3d-laser-crystal-cube-eagle-head/

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yes!

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Captain Invictus posted:

I love that SSJ5 one, it's such an old internet thing and it keeps coming back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Knormal posted:

Eagle, allegedly. I'd be seriously tempted to buy it if the site didn't look so sketchy.

You know what I say to that?

ETA:

get me outta dis wack rear end crystal prison

Pastry of the Year has a new favorite as of 13:37 on Apr 23, 2019