Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

I think I want all of these except the small shuttle and the launch center. Haven’t bought City stuff in ages, but these look cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

I said it already, There are too many large "bricks" in those sets for my taste. Also the spacer station should have been double the size probably. But I like the NASA people set.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

WotC is releasing a Stranger Things branded D&D starter set soon, too.

it kind of sucks

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

deoju posted:

Lol at the camera and minifigure not in a space suit in 60225. Is that a set faking the moon landing?

I think it's more like Mark Watney and Mindy Park from The Martian, like it's depicting two different scenes on two different planets. Shame we can't see the back of the box.

E: wait I lied, there is an image of the back but it doesn't help. I'm still going with the idea that the tech is at Kennedy and the Astro is on Mars.

Shit Fuckasaurus fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 23, 2019

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Plastik posted:

I think it's more like Mark Watney and Mindy Park from The Martian, like it's depicting two different scenes on two different planets. Shame we can't see the back of the box.

E: wait I lied, there is an image of the back but it doesn't help. I'm still going with the idea that the tech is at Kennedy and the Astro is on Mars.

Well the set is called rover test or something, so I assume they are on Earth testing the design, which is why one is not in the suit.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

One’s Watney, the tech is one of the JPL team on earth with the replica rover.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I never thought they would do Stranger things sets, so I cobbled together my own minifigs

There are 4 pieces that are not legit...
Nancy's bear trap is from Brick Warriors.
Steve's Members Only jacket is from Citizen Brick
I painted Dustin's hat and tooth gap, they were too specific and too iconic to leave out.

Kinda proud of my Demogorgan.

And since I'm taking pics and the new season is on, here are my Game of Thrones dudes. There's a smattering of legit pieces in there, but they are mostly knock offs from Aliexpress.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Are you telling me that naked man on a torture rack with his skin ripped off is not official Lego?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Lol.

I think that one was supposed to be an anatomical model like guy goodbody or something.

I, uh... repurposed it to be one of the Boltons' victims.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Trying to figure out which one is Ramsay, but since none are holding a hot dog I guess he's not there.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Nope. No Ramsay yet. But he will definitely be holding a hotdog.

Hint: It starts in Dorne, then heads through Kingslanding and the Riverlands. Then it's North, beyond the Wall, and then across the Narrow Sea.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

Hopper posted:

I said it already, There are too many large "bricks" in those sets for my taste. Also the spacer station should have been double the size probably. But I like the NASA people set.

As someone with a young kid who has recently been getting into space and rockets (she enjoyed watching Falcon Heavy livestream with me), having many of these sets be 5+ is perfect for her, as she recently completed her first 4+ aged set all on her own.

21309 Saturn V, 21104 Curiosity Rover, and 10231 Shuttle satisfied my adult space needs.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

deoju posted:

Hint: It starts in Dorne, then heads through Kingslanding and the Riverlands. Then it's North, beyond the Wall, and then across the Narrow Sea.

Is that Giantsbane with the flowers and heart thingy for Brienne? If it is, that's even more awesome.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The space station makes me want to buy a few and make an Ares III out of them.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

deoju posted:

I had figured all of them out except for one, until I remembered the Ladder of Chaos.

You cheeky gently caress.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Is that supposed to be feast for crow spoiler catelyn stark next to Walder Frey?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

No more regional exclusives. :toot:

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Was just coming to post this. Excellent news even if you have to wait 3-6 months.

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

That's all nice and good, but the Lego statement says, "we have decided that regional exclusives launched after May 1, 2019 will become widely available via LEGO Brand Retail stores and LEGO Shop at Home after a limited period of time (3-6 months) of the initial launch", so presumably that still means no Lego Movie 2 brickheadz outside of US... And I'm really not going to pay 4-5x the price on bricklink for those. So I guess, fine they won't do it any more, but as far as I'm concerned it's not enough.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Hell yeah, now I can play Kerbal Space Program with actual lego spaceships.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

What would be enough, for you, goonsir?!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

That's nice. Nothing in there about releasing the other sets. Also states that they are going to continue with the comic-con only sets.

So basically they apologized for something they have only done a couple times recently and say they won't do that again but the other stupid stuff will continue.

Oh well.

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad

EvilJoven posted:

This thing is legit cool. Post some vids of it doing stuff!

Unfortunately we shipped it off to the trade show team moments after taking those pics because the last bricklink orders came in pretty late, and I didn't think to take any video of it. We had to 3d print about 40 of the 5-length technic beams holding the inside of the frame together because one shipment was just too late.

If it's any comfort the thing is actually pretty boring in motion; a spool winds in and out below the boom arm which extends and retracts the cable and it just does that forever. Boring is kind of the selling point for the real winches so it had the desired effect!

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

tuo posted:

Is that Giantsbane with the flowers and heart thingy for Brienne? If it is, that's even more awesome.

Yep.

Werix posted:

I had figured all of them out except for one, until I remembered the Ladder of Chaos.

You cheeky gently caress.

VaultAggie posted:

Is that supposed to be feast for crow spoiler catelyn stark next to Walder Frey?
Yep. She's got a sword in one hand and one of those studs-on-a-string deals in the other, because in AFfC she tells Brienne to choose between the sword or the noose.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
The fairground people pack images are out on brothers brick. The mullet hair piece on the carnival worker is a nice touch. Has otherwise only showed up on a cmf according to BrickLink.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
More importantly, brother brick just posted images of the new Jurassic Park animated series sets, including a t-rex shaped exo-suit, for some reason.

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019/04/24/full-images-of-lego-jurassic-world-sets-from-legend-of-isla-nublar-animated-mini-series-news/

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Plastik posted:

including a t-rex shaped exo-suit, for some reason.

Well how else will you fight a t-rex? Love that little concession stand with the mouth around it.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1121051420701204482

This seems pretty nice.

They are testing the sets in schools for now, and the braille legos will be on store shelves next year.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The City Donut Shop looks great.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Pharohman777 posted:

This seems pretty nice.

They are testing the sets in schools for now, and the braille legos will be on store shelves next year.

Oh man, this is great. My fiancee teaches visually impaired children with multiple disabilities how to play and I'm sure she'll love this.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Pharohman777 posted:

This seems pretty nice.

This is wonderful.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Those will probably end up being highly sought after by Jortsman as collectibles on Ebay, and then blind kids will never learn how to read and will end up on the wrong floor every time they try to use an elevator. It's tragic really.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Who's Jortsman?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Who's Jortsman?

This guy

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Apr 26, 2019

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

The City Donut Shop looks great.

Sorry but that Donut looks absolutely poo poo. I can't comprehend why they make a special piece and then get the shape so wrong.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
I don't think it's a new part, I think it's four of these:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm mad that Lego doesn't make perfect replications of pig food.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm mad that Lego doesn't make perfect replications of pig food.

A friend worked the evening shift at a doughnut shop in high school and a pig farmer came by at closing time and took the doughnuts otherwise destined for trash. I didn’t realize this was a widespread phenomenon

Anyway I kind of want to get this for Homer.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Dogen posted:

A friend worked the evening shift at a doughnut shop in high school and a pig farmer came by at closing time and took the doughnuts otherwise destined for trash. I didn’t realize this was a widespread phenomenon

Anyway I kind of want to get this for Homer.

while I do know someone who does that for their pigs too(though it was a bakery and they took turns with other farmers) I'm pretty sure that guy meant cop pigs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Doh! Reminder to self not to post before coffee.