Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Dryzen posted:

yeah yeah yeah yeah

Crazy Taxi theme for the Regalia, please and thank you Yoshi P.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'd love to get an FFX instance/series of trials so we can have FFXIV versions of FFX music, plus I want the blitzball players' prayer as an emote.

yoship where is /hahaha

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Never, because he knows his playerbase well even enough to know they'd log in explicitly to stand around spamming it for hours

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
Was thinking about playing again, but i've since deleted the associated email

put in a ticket, we'll see :downs:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

suicide4sexbots posted:

Was thinking about playing again, but i've since deleted the associated email

put in a ticket, we'll see :downs:

Lol good luck, SE's support is awful.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

FFXV event is cool and the WoL clearly wants to bang Noctis. I'd really question the WoL's thinking if the same thing happened with Tidus/Yuna.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

jokes posted:

FFXV event is cool and the WoL clearly wants to bang Noctis. I'd really question the WoL's thinking if the same thing happened with Tidus/Yuna.

Yuna is fine, she was a great protagonist.

X-2's biggest mistake was thinking that bringing Tidus back was the best ending as opposed to her accepting he never really existed and moving on with her life.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Cythereal posted:

X-2's biggest mistake was thinking that bringing Tidus back was the best ending as opposed to her accepting he never really existed and moving on with her life.

isn't that just one of the endings? I forget how the end goes, since that game is, much like most other FF games, about the journey, not the ending.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cythereal posted:

Tidus existed, he was just dead.

Seriously the entire running them of FFX-2 is moving on from death and tragedy. I'm 90% sure that ending was forced on the writers.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Tidus was real, he was Shuyin.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Dr Pepper posted:

Tidus existed, he was just dead.

Seriously the entire running them of FFX-2 is moving on from death and tragedy. I'm 90% sure that ending was forced on the writers.

Not to mention that there's a radio play that has Sin come back because according to the writers "Spira (and Yuna's journey) cannot exist without Sin" or some sort of bullshit like that.

EDIT: https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X_-Will-

quote:

Final Fantasy X producer Yoshinori Kitase met with the original script writer, Kazushige Nojima, for Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster and brainstormed about the world after Final Fantasy X-2. The developers wanted to have the story continue as a direct opposite of Tidus and Yuna's happy story, and thus Sin was brought back. Kitase commented that similar to Sephiroth's role in Final Fantasy VII, Sin plays an important role in Final Fantasy X and the developers wanted to keep Sin involved with the story.

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Apr 24, 2019

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'd love to get an FFX instance/series of trials so we can have FFXIV versions of FFX music, plus I want the blitzball players' prayer as an emote.

Nothing short of a raid could contain Otherworld.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

isn't that just one of the endings? I forget how the end goes, since that game is, much like most other FF games, about the journey, not the ending.

It’s the “perfect” ending that you have to 100% the game for. The actual best ending is the one where Yuna’s like “nah, I’m good” when the fayth ask if she wants to see him again.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Canonically Tidus came back to life and shortly after died again when he kicked a bomb that he thought was a blitzball and Yuna cradled his decapitated head.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

Thundarr posted:

Nothing short of a raid could contain Otherworld.

April Fools Titan trial where he has swooshy hair and is wearing Tidus's weird pants, and his normal buttrock is replaced by Otherworld

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I think he got better again after that though. But he came back as a shittier version, so Yuna dumped him.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Yuna sucked, Lulu was where it's at.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Speaking of Lulu, what's the best BLM guide? I think I've worked out a good rotation but I'm curious what mechanics I'm missing.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Always remember the ABCs: Always Be Casting (flare)

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i got a house :toot:

mostly just squatting for potential future ishgard housing but honestly i kinda dig the location. quiet corner to myself; couple neighbors up back but separated by a staircase to another level. mb and aetheryte down the stairs. front yard has a view of the nearby waterfall and ravine.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Koji's probably been waiting a long time to slip a Simpsons joke into the FFX raid localization.

jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.
I let my sub lapse because I am in that weird midcore position where I never had a static, but was too casual to keep up with serious pugs, and also Eureka is a travesty, but I had a dream that I was maining AST and I was having fun, and I've never mained a healer before and maybe that would be fun for the new expansion?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

So what's with the maintenance, other than Operation: Nessus Can't Get His drat Seaside Lot He Has Squatted On For The Last Six Years (est.)

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Nessus posted:

So what's with the maintenance, other than Operation: Nessus Can't Get His drat Seaside Lot He Has Squatted On For The Last Six Years (est.)

Probably just some issues they discovered with the World Visit system. I heard some scattered reports about lag spikes today, so that might be related.

jigokuman posted:

I let my sub lapse because I am in that weird midcore position where I never had a static, but was too casual to keep up with serious pugs, and also Eureka is a travesty, but I had a dream that I was maining AST and I was having fun, and I've never mained a healer before and maybe that would be fun for the new expansion?

AST and SCH are both fun jobs and are worth a try. Just keep in mind that they're not for everyone. Healer is the role that's probably the most affected by the personal skill of your party members, and you can start tearing out your hair fast in frustration.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Apr 24, 2019

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Vermain posted:

Probably just some issues they discovered with the World Visit system. I heard some scattered reports about lag spikes today, so that might be related.

I had some higher than normal lag when I logged in Tuesday afternoon after work. I'd hang on every retainer command, so I just logged and left it. Figured it was probably post-patch bugs or another DDoS.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

After a couple days of max level play, I have to say, Machinist didn't take nearly as long to pick up as I thought it would. It's fun, and the problems with Overheat have kind of fallen to the wayside now that I can perform Wildfires reasonably well (and I'm restricting myself to what appears to be the much lower stress 3 ammo high ping rotation).

That being said, still looking forward to something better replacing it in Shadowbringers (hopefully).

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Kaubocks posted:

i got a house :toot:

:respek:

I have that spot as well. It's pretty sweet IMO.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

VHGS posted:

Yeah, that's also where mine is. I'm quite happy with it.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

I think he got better again after that though. But he came back as a shittier version, so Yuna dumped him.

It's not that he was a shittier version, but that he /knew/ that he wasn't the real tidus. This loving bugged him enough to break their relationship.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

No.

X-2.5 did not loving happen.

We do not talk about that piece of poo poo buried beneath a mountain of poo poo.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

VHGS posted:

Which number plot is it?

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
SE's weird ideas of kinda sorta making semi sequels to FFX and FFX-2 is irritating. They need to just put up or shut up instead of all their half-assing.

Anyway, world visit doesn't interest me because I have everything I want on Excalibur and I don't need to buy anything. Earlier tonight, I did briefly get 90k'd for the first time in months. I assume that was linked to any issues they are experiencing.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Nessus posted:

Apparently if you lost connection during the transfer you'd wind up stuck in eternal serverless limbo, unable to log in. :ohdear:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Speaking of Lulu, what's the best BLM guide? I think I've worked out a good rotation but I'm curious what mechanics I'm missing.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jwA4kzXgnHF7gjUxY5E90zOQdyBW1F13MVUTk-aJZY4/edit

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I've been casually making my way through the free trial over the last two or three weeks now and am closing in on the level cap in my main job--White Mage to my surprise, I wasn't expecting to enjoy playing a healer--so I'm ready to actually buy the game. Is the deluxe version worth the extra cost? Is there anything in the goodies that's actually worth getting or is it all pretty much cosmetic/inessential? Also once I'm upgraded, is there a FC I can join on Excalibur that doesn't require learning how Discord works?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

rantmo posted:

I've been casually making my way through the free trial over the last two or three weeks now and am closing in on the level cap in my main job--White Mage to my surprise, I wasn't expecting to enjoy playing a healer--so I'm ready to actually buy the game. Is the deluxe version worth the extra cost? Is there anything in the goodies that's actually worth getting or is it all pretty much cosmetic/inessential? Also once I'm upgraded, is there a FC I can join on Excalibur that doesn't require learning how Discord works?

Discord is irc for millennials

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

rantmo posted:

The Deluxe Edition is purely cosmetic stuff. I'd just go with the standard edition.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

rantmo posted:

Is the deluxe version worth the extra cost?

No

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

rantmo posted:

Is the deluxe version worth the extra cost?

Are you some punk bitchass scrub who doesn't have a wind up moogle or are you a fly rear end mother fucker who flies around on a fat chocobo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

There is no middle finger large enough for the bullshit of the Garuda fight part of the XV quest line.
At least Nocts' clothes dye well.