Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If we see animated skeletons (and I think that one zombie in season 1 had severed limbs move separately from body), just how destroyed do the bodies have to be to not get animated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Repost: Yeah obsidian in the show is nothing like real obsidian. It can't be forged and it's brittle as potato chips.

You just gotta go with ~~it's magic~~

Last episode would've been amazing if Gendry had slammed that axe down on the log and it just shattered into a thousand pieces.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Captain Splendid posted:

Last episode would've been amazing if Gendry had slammed that axe down on the log and it just shattered into a thousand pieces.

Gendry: "It's strong enough."
shards explode in all directions blinding Arya
Arya: "Advantage....mine."

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I got bored today and started watching Season 3 of The Last Kingdom. Silliness of the costumes and accents aside, it feels much more like early Game of Thrones where they have a ton of source material to work with and the episodes move incredibly fast without feeling rushed. The first episode of the season even managed to fit in a proper shield wall battle that did a really good job of hiding the budget and didn't have anything as ridiculous as a twelve foot high corpse wall.

Give it a watch.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cowslips Warren posted:

I wonder if someone killed Bran and left his body out on a stick, would the NightKing go, oh, poo poo, okay now we cool, and leave back north?

Like when he claims he is the memory of humanity, why doesn't Tormund just yell "wuat does that even mean" and drag him outside the city gates as an offering to the NK

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

i thought tyrion was supposed to get executed or something in this episode or did I just imagine reading about that? I'll check back later I guess.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

i thought tyrion was supposed to get executed or something in this episode or did I just imagine reading about that? I'll check back later I guess.

Tyrion dying and Danny dying covered in poo poo are rumors that will never come true. Ours is a future that will behold Jon and Dany leading Westeros to a new golden age, Sansa marrying Theon whose penis has grown back due to Winter Magicks, and Bran sitting in a tree dreaming of spring.

It is known.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i keep reading about a flaming heart sword but what if it was a flaming dong?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bring back old gbs posted:

i keep reading about a flaming heart sword but what if it was a flaming dong?

Theon is the real chosen one!

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Theon is the real chosen one!

He's been playing the long game this entire time

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
The Last Kingdom owns

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yo what are the known spoilers so far. are there any. i wan tto know them

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the netflix illiad show is good

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The so-called "good guys" haven't even attempted to reach a diplomatic solution with the white walkers. Who're the real monsters here?

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Calling it now, next episode is gonna be 100% flashbacks of stupid bullshit that happened 100s of years ago, and the episode will end with the white walkers looking at winterfell in the distance, same exact place they were this episode.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

PostNouveau posted:

The so-called "good guys" haven't even attempted to reach a diplomatic solution with the white walkers. Who're the real monsters here?

Promise peace under favorable conditions but only once Dany ascends to throne. Then throw more soldiers and perhaps a few elephants into the meat grinder anyways.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

paul_soccer10 posted:

the real game of thrones is making a competition out of complaining about a TV show none of us pay for so we can feel superior to the normies like it’s 2005 again

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Cowslips Warren posted:

Rickon, this is for you because you couldn't loving dodge!

Dude it wasn't Rickon's fault, the showrunners' love of Ramsay is well-documented. Rickon ran for a good 90 seconds, so he was probably several hundred meters away. The world record for archery distance is about 250 m, and that's with modern bows. If you're going up against a superhuman it doesn't matter if you dodge or not.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Defiance Industries posted:

Dude it wasn't Rickon's fault, the showrunners' love of Ramsay is well-documented. Rickon ran for a good 90 seconds, so he was probably several hundred meters away. The world record for archery distance is about 250 m, and that's with modern bows. If you're going up against a superhuman it doesn't matter if you dodge or not.

*yawns, bends over, farts, shoots an arrow through legs 500m directly into your brain*

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

FuhrerHat posted:

*yawns, bends over, farts, shoots an arrow through legs 500m directly into your brain*

Please tell your friend Twenny that I said hi

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
This should be the final shot of the series, credits rolling over it

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
In episode one they complain that the entire army is staving.

Episode 2 shows that Gilly is responsible for the famine.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

fakeaccount posted:

wouldn't a guy whose balls were cut off lose all his testosterone and therefore not be very aggressive or strong or an altogether good warrior?

I believe this is mentioned in the book, as they are castrated when young they never go properly through puberty, it's also mentioned that they become fat pretty quickly and that they can't really match other trained warriors in 1-on-1 combat.

Also, I don't think there's any instance in history of eunuchs being used as soldiers. And even the whole slave soldier thing they do is kind of something that didn't really happened, there were historical slave soldiers, but it's kind of more accurate to say they were recrutied from slaves or through slavery. Upon becoming soldiers, their status was typically very different from that of slaves or even normal subjects in the state in question, in fact they were typically part of the military and administrative elite and were at or near the top in society.

The whole process of making Unsullied and how needlessly edgy and cruel it is (killing a puppy) is just completely ludicrous, can't remember if it's elaborated in the show, but in the books it is, and it's just so out there that it becomes silly.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
What a loving boring episode. A sideboob and plenty of boring talk, zero action or progress. And people fear spoilers lmao. What is there to spoil? Arya dissing the Hound?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Nancy you should be working on impeachment not watching GOT

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

if theon turns does his dick in a box back in the iron islands spring back to life

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

theon's undead cock flops impotently at yara's feet, hissing and spluttering as it tries to climb up her leg like a snake

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

poverty goat posted:

if theon turns does his dick in a box back in the iron islands spring back to life

asking the real questions

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
*Night King kills and absorbs Bran*

Zombie: “We are victorious, Night King!”

Night King in Eeyore voice: “I’m not really...not anymore”

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

paul_soccer10 posted:

For ep 3:

Winterfel gets attacked in three waves. The first is just a bunch of wights and walkers, which gets beaten back eventually. Then Cersei’s mercenary force shows up and things get dire, but they end up getting flanked by the second wave of undead, led by the Night King himself. Rhaegal gets a ballista bolt while Jon is riding it, but they both survive. Tons of nameless soldiers die and the survivors end up fleeing Winterfel. Notable deaths will include Dolorous Edd, Gendry, Jorah Mormont, a bunch of northsmen whose names I already forgot, and the sweet angel-voiced Beric Dondarrion, which cuts the list of characters worth rooting for down to just Davos. Unless you’re rooting for Cersei, Euron or the Night King, all of whom I can respect.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
They definitely mentioned the dog killing thing in the show lol

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

For ep 3:

Winterfel gets attacked in three waves. The first is just a bunch of wights and walkers, which gets beaten back eventually. Then Cersei’s mercenary force shows up and things get dire, but they end up getting flanked by the second wave of undead, led by the Night King himself. Rhaegal gets a ballista bolt while Jon is riding it, but they both survive. Tons of nameless soldiers die and the survivors end up fleeing Winterfel. Notable deaths will include Dolorous Edd, Gendry, Jorah Mormont, a bunch of northsmen whose names I already forgot, and the sweet angel-voiced Beric Dondarrion, which cuts the list of characters worth rooting for down to just Davos. Unless you’re rooting for Cersei, Euron or the Night King, all of whom I can respect.

sounds bad todd

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I know it’s the least objectionable thing about plot logic around this army of dickless teenagers but something about the dog thing really makes no fuckin sense

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I know it’s the least objectionable thing about plot logic around this army of dickless teenagers but something about the dog thing really makes no fuckin sense

It's a sales pitch. The guy is lying.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

poverty goat posted:

theon's undead cock flops impotently at yara's feet, hissing and spluttering as it tries to climb up her leg like a snake

This happens in Re-Animator 3 btw.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

yara picks it up off the ground with both hands, her look of confusion turning to tears as she gazes into the writhing cock and realizes what this means for her baby brother. cut to the north, where zombie theon wears a sly grin

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Randarkman posted:

I believe this is mentioned in the book, as they are castrated when young they never go properly through puberty, it's also mentioned that they become fat pretty quickly and that they can't really match other trained warriors in 1-on-1 combat.

Also, I don't think there's any instance in history of eunuchs being used as soldiers. And even the whole slave soldier thing they do is kind of something that didn't really happened, there were historical slave soldiers, but it's kind of more accurate to say they were recrutied from slaves or through slavery. Upon becoming soldiers, their status was typically very different from that of slaves or even normal subjects in the state in question, in fact they were typically part of the military and administrative elite and were at or near the top in society.

The whole process of making Unsullied and how needlessly edgy and cruel it is (killing a puppy) is just completely ludicrous, can't remember if it's elaborated in the show, but in the books it is, and it's just so out there that it becomes silly.

If I recall correctly, in the show they describe the process as not them killing a puppy, but as going to a slave market and killing a child while their mother is watching. And then paying a piece of silver. Not to the mother but to the mother’s owner. SO HARDCORE.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Pretty grimdark

In the dim, dark future, there is only EUNUCHS

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I'm starting to think that game of thrones is for some kinda immature edge lords!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

For ep 3:

nice try, bud. where's the zombie dragon?? yeah right tell me he doesn't show up AT ALL