Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Shmi fell under the sultry spell of the space irish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
In earlier revisions of TPM, the Jedi wore more elaborate clothes, but this was changed at some point to the desert farmer outfit Obi-wan wears in the OT, and it's been said they wear these simple robes to symbolize their compassion for the lowliest people in the galaxy or something like that. Which of course is massively hypocritical as they spend most of their time actually running errands for the most powerful, and when they actually encounter those whose clothes they wear, they do very little to help them; Obi-wan even considering Anakin "another pathetic lifeform".

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to wear humble farmer clothes to show how close to the peasants I am while I live in utter luxury within my five hundred story grand space palace.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

You know what really sucks about the prequels? We never see any of the Jedi Masters’ bedrooms. I bet Yoda has a sweet pad.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Vim Fuego posted:

I'm not gonna see it unless I know for a fact that someone milks a walrus onscreen. TLJ just set the bar so high w/r/t milking scenes

yeah

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

skasion posted:

You know what really sucks about the prequels? We never see any of the Jedi Masters’ bedrooms. I bet Yoda has a sweet pad.

Every jedi's room is an elaborate jack shack that would make a hentai loving shut-in weeaboo both afraid and jealous.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

:captainpop:

Phobos Anomaly
Jul 23, 2018

QuarkJets posted:

anakin's mom is right there when they leave, she's not in chains they could have easily taken her with them. the gently caress is anyone going to do about it?

anakin and his mom are literally the only 2 slaves shown in the entire movie, and the jedi basically buy one of them and leave the other

They had slave collars that would explode if they tried to escape.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Star Wars: The Rose of Skywalker

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mooey Cow posted:

In earlier revisions of TPM, the Jedi wore more elaborate clothes, but this was changed at some point to the desert farmer outfit Obi-wan wears in the OT, and it's been said they wear these simple robes to symbolize their compassion for the lowliest people in the galaxy or something like that. Which of course is massively hypocritical as they spend most of their time actually running errands for the most powerful, and when they actually encounter those whose clothes they wear, they do very little to help them; Obi-wan even considering Anakin "another pathetic lifeform".

DancingShade posted:

I'm going to wear humble farmer clothes to show how close to the peasants I am while I live in utter luxury within my five hundred story grand space palace.

Yes no other religious or political entity in the real world puts up pretensions of austerity while actually having significant sources of wealth and power.
Never before in real human history has this been experienced, therefor it's utterly implausible that an overly powered religious institute serving a top-heavy, bloated, and corrupt autocracy portray itself in this manner in fiction.

If anything that's one thing the prequels got RIGHT, was portraying the very late Jedi as being incompetent tools of the oligarchs who were so lazy and slothful because of their decadence they were blinded to the rise of the dark side.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Apr 24, 2019

pram
Jun 10, 2001
from my point of view, the jedi are evil!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

skasion posted:

I think they showed Yoda bachelor pad/meditation chamber. It wasn't great.

Mooey Cow posted:

So what you're saying is that jedis should sell dark side indulgences?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
What's up I'm old man Ben hiding out on Tatooine wearing the classic robes of the Jedi but I'm hiding that I'm a Jedi

Haha they'll never figure out my secret alias my brain has space aids

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Maybe when they said Vader hunted down and killed like a million jedis, he was just going after random moisture farmers in lovely robes?

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.

QuarkJets posted:

anakin's mom is right there when they leave, she's not in chains they could have easily taken her with them. the gently caress is anyone going to do about it?

anakin and his mom are literally the only 2 slaves shown in the entire movie, and the jedi basically buy one of them and leave the other

Don't they have some device in them that blows up if they stray too far that Watto would have to deactivate, or did I totally image that. I haven't seen the films in forever

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Magnitogorsk. posted:

Don't they have some device in them that blows up if they stray too far that Watto would have to deactivate, or did I totally image that. I haven't seen the films in forever

They do indeed. Its intended as a parallel the droid restraining bolts.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Moola posted:

What's up I'm old man Ben hiding out on Tatooine wearing the classic robes of the Jedi but I'm hiding that I'm a Jedi

Its a loving desert 100 billion miles from anywhere relevant and hes an old garbageman who lives alone. Literally nobody cares who he is or what he does

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Moola posted:

skasion posted:

Its a loving desert 100 billion miles from anywhere relevant and hes an old garbageman who lives alone. Literally nobody cares who he is or what he does

"My apprentice has gone mad with power after the death of his wife and is killing all the Jedi and his closest friends. When I go into hiding across this infinitely large galaxy of millions of worlds, and take his powerful childe Roland Luke with me which hidden fortress moon or world should I choose among my countless, boundless options? I know! I'll go live within sight of the house where he himself buried his own mother and his family now live on the planet where he grew up."

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Vader has no family left and he always hated Tatooine (why wouldn’t he). The only way he could ever confront Obi-wan there is if he were willing to face his past as Anakin Skywalker, which is something he can never do without renouncing the dark side.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Big Beef City posted:

"My apprentice has gone mad with power after the death of his wife and is killing all the Jedi and his closest friends. When I go into hiding across this infinitely large galaxy of millions of worlds, and take his powerful childe Roland Luke with me which hidden fortress moon or world should I choose among my countless, boundless options? I know! I'll go live within sight of the house where he himself buried his own mother and his family now live on the planet where he grew up."

"I hate sand." - Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Yeah living on tattoine is like the one not dumb decision the old man makes.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

skasion posted:

Vader has no family left and he always hated Tatooine (why wouldn’t he). The only way he could ever confront Obi-wan there is if he were willing to face his past as Anakin Skywalker, which is something he can never do without renouncing the dark side.

You don't think that the fact that the ship Leia was on was headed to Tattooine, got shot down over Tattooine, shot a pod at Tattooine, required a special order from Vader to search Tattooine, rang any possible bells for Vader that maybe something was up with Tattooine, the planet where he was born

e: it's still a loving dumb as poo poo place to go live on the planet the main bad guy was born and lived on when you have infinity-1 options elsewhere to choose from. I mean saying "well it's a good choice" is like saying it'd be a good choice to go set up camp in the ruins of the Jedi temple because hell they already blew that up, who'd be dumb enough to live there.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Apr 24, 2019

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

If you are escaping from an oppressive empire maybe going to a place full of outlaws and unaffiliated bandits isn't such a bad idea.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Look I'm just saying, let's use a made up real world scenario.
Let's say Saddam Hussein's son lived and the US wanted to find him.

If years later he was discovered living in disguise under an assumed name in a hut in Borneo you'd think, 'Wow that's a decent spot to hide."
If he was discovered living in an apartment next to the ruins of Saddam Hussein's palace, looking at it with binoculars every day, and going by 'Tom Hussein' while still wearing his army uniform, wouldn't you think maybe he could have come up with a better plan?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Hiding in plain sight man. Ain't nobody gonna suspect Tom Hussein, he's just a local crazy. Borneo tho, that would get found out within weeks.

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water
anyone else think Disney is going to end up killing star wars?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Lucas, its father, never accomplished this. What chance does the mouse have?

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

Colonel Cancer posted:

What chance does the mouse have?

sixty billion dead

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

naem posted:

I am Luukeing forward to big Skywalker

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
the jedi robes thing is kinda funny too cuz luke doesn't even wear them...ever? maybe at jabba's palace but its all black and he's actually back on tatooine

lucas could have chosen anything, even no uniform at all, but had to fall back on nostalgia because he has no good ideas.

maybe yoda's robes were designed to evoke old ben's? but they're not the same, certainly not uniform

also, it always bothered me that luke is supposed to be some sort of really powerful jedi. i always figured, and if i remember correctly it was shown, that he was just some schlub. like, sure he could do jedi poo poo, but he's not some "master jedi"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just figured he wasn't trained that much but there is still a lot of raw talent or whatever.

In 5 Vader goes "the force is with you young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet" and then wrecks him with minimal effort so yeah.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Luke has a lot of raw potential but he’s not a great Jedi or even a Jedi at all (dying Yoda tells him he doesn’t count as one until he confronts Vader again) in the same sense as Obi-wan or Yoda are, only in a much looser sense. He’s the last remnant of their ancient religion, but transforms it and goes against it. He doesn’t know all their magic tricks or fancy sword fighting, because they don’t teach him those things — after all, they knew all those things themselves and yet totally failed to stop Vader and Sidious from annihilating their order. They try and focus more on giving him a less poisonous mindset towards his power than they gave Anakin, and it pretty much works better than they even realize, since he manages to win in the end without murdering his own dad. But yeah, the only time he ever defeats another Jedi or Sith in a fight is when he hulks out with dark side rage and cuts off Vader’s hand, and what it shows him in that case is “wow, maybe chopping people up with a sword isn’t how I want to spend my life”. You can take the prequels’ Jedi who are obsessed with chopping everyone up with swords and can’t understand why the dark side is clouding their vision as an addendum to this.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

ragedx posted:

anyone else think Disney is going to end up killing star wars?

they already gave a trilogy to the GoT writers

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Cant wait for the force flashback to a young adult Luke set in a brothel

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

poisonpill posted:

Cant wait for the force flashback to a young adult Luke set in a brothel

Luke, use the Force, and cum

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Force Choke that prostate, luuke

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
'stay on target...'

'i can't hold on!'

*porkins cums*

luke: 'nooooo!'

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

This movie better have men slave speedo outfits.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
That shouldn't be too difficult, I used to bullseye cumshots back home on Splatooine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It’s the cock that made the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs. I’ve outrun Imperial starcocks. Not the local bulk cruisers, mind you. I’m talking about the big Corellian cocks, now. She’s fast enough for you, old man.