Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

New Leaf posted:

Yeah I'm more looking for team build help.. Are you very far? Reddit hasn't been helpful. I'm to the point where all my guys are >100 except my primary tank, who is capped due to his ascension tier.. Lucius, the freebie you got as part of the launch campaign. I really don't have a tank as good as him, but now he's getting curbstomped within the first few seconds of a fight. My thought was to Reset him, then use his resources to level up someone else with a higher ascension tier, then add him on the Resonating Crystal.. would that put him up over 100, or does the Crystal still cap you at the max for your tier?

No, you're still capped at the max tier level even when using the crystal. Lucius is great but unless you get lucky and draw another card for him to get him to Elite+, he's a bit squishy. I'm planning to use my easter event eggs to upgrade him (and then I have enough other elite+ to take him straight to legendary which will be great).

I'm at about the same point as you are by the sounds of it, campaign chapter 8 and heroes around level 100. Enjoying the game but as previous poster said, other than labyrinth and the one-shot Peaks of Time missions (which are great), there's not a great deal of actual 'playing' to be done, it's mostly just waiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Vulpes posted:

No, you're still capped at the max tier level even when using the crystal. Lucius is great but unless you get lucky and draw another card for him to get him to Elite+, he's a bit squishy. I'm planning to use my easter event eggs to upgrade him (and then I have enough other elite+ to take him straight to legendary which will be great).

I'm at about the same point as you are by the sounds of it, campaign chapter 8 and heroes around level 100. Enjoying the game but as previous poster said, other than labyrinth and the one-shot Peaks of Time missions (which are great), there's not a great deal of actual 'playing' to be done, it's mostly just waiting.

Yeah it's my "backup" game, just a timekiller at work when my other game doesn't have anything for me to do. I really enjoy the art style though! I'm impressed it's as fun as it is since 'AFK Arena' is as generic of a name as you can get.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Yeah I'm more looking for team build help.. Are you very far? Reddit hasn't been helpful. I'm to the point where all my guys are >100 except my primary tank, who is capped due to his ascension tier.. Lucius, the freebie you got as part of the launch campaign. I really don't have a tank as good as him, but now he's getting curbstomped within the first few seconds of a fight. My thought was to Reset him, then use his resources to level up someone else with a higher ascension tier, then add him on the Resonating Crystal.. would that put him up over 100, or does the Crystal still cap you at the max for your tier?

You still get capped at max for the tier.

EDIT: I might be super wrong about that.

If you're looking for a solid unit to focus on, Saveas is rare and spits out an impressive amount of deeps from the backline.

Russian Remoulade fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Apr 25, 2019

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Russian Remoulade posted:

You still get capped at max for the tier.

If you're looking for a solid unit to focus on, Saveas is rare and spits out an impressive amount of deeps from the backline.

I actually have him as part of my main team so no worries there!

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Nintendo has announced a short beta test for their mobile Mario Kart next month which you can sign up for at their website. You can only register with your phone's browser and you'll need a Nintendo account linked to a Gmail account. It's also apparently US/Japan only, though mine was accepted so we'll see.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

mrkillboy posted:

Nintendo has announced a short beta test for their mobile Mario Kart next month which you can sign up for at their website. You can only register with your phone's browser and you'll need a Nintendo account linked to a Gmail account. It's also apparently US/Japan only, though mine was accepted so we'll see.

"Limited to Android Devices"

Yes... yesssssss! Take THAT, iOS! :smug:

I'm in Canada, but I applied anyway. They didn't throw up any sort of message blocking me from doing so or anything.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
I can't tell the price because I already own it, but Templar Battleforce is on sale. Trese Bros srpg

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tresebrothers.games.battlefrontelite

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Arms_Akimbo posted:

I can't tell the price because I already own it, but Templar Battleforce is on sale. Trese Bros srpg

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tresebrothers.games.battlefrontelite

5 bucks. What can you tell us about it?

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

There's a demo?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tresebrothers.games.battlefront

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

60 hour campaign, you have an army of mechs, it's pretty complex, I'd say more than the newer xcom games. If you've played Star Trader, it takes place in the same universe

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Does anyone know of any games that are like Space Wolf but without the card bollocks?

Basically I like the turn based stuff, I like the idea of a line of sight boardgame on my phone, I just hate that the weapons are single use cards that are a nightmare to upgrade - the whole game would make so much more sense if the cards were relocated to a dressup doll equip screen and in game movement / damage / cone of sight is based on what you have equipped.

Anyway. Anything like that? Pseudo boardgames, turn based, equipment screen, that sort of thing. Doesn't have to be sci-fi or in the 40k universe.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Does anyone know of any games that are like Space Wolf but without the card bollocks?

Basically I like the turn based stuff, I like the idea of a line of sight boardgame on my phone, I just hate that the weapons are single use cards that are a nightmare to upgrade - the whole game would make so much more sense if the cards were relocated to a dressup doll equip screen and in game movement / damage / cone of sight is based on what you have equipped.

Anyway. Anything like that? Pseudo boardgames, turn based, equipment screen, that sort of thing. Doesn't have to be sci-fi or in the 40k universe.

The above mentioned Templar Battleforce is basically exactly what you want, it's even in a sort of knockoff 40k setting. I played the demo this morning and it's pretty great.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Arms_Akimbo posted:

60 hour campaign, you have an army of mechs, it's pretty complex, I'd say more than the newer xcom games. If you've played Star Trader, it takes place in the same universe

5 bucks AND in-app purchases. What are the in app purchases?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The above mentioned Templar Battleforce is basically exactly what you want, it's even in a sort of knockoff 40k setting. I played the demo this morning and it's pretty great.
Huh, seems like they also have a Space Hulk a-like as well.

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...

Blackchamber posted:

5 bucks AND in-app purchases. What are the in app purchases?

I don't see any in-app purchases listed on the page.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Huh, seems like they also have a Space Hulk a-like as well.

The game we posted looks like the evolution of that one.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

tonytheshoes posted:

I don't see any in-app purchases listed on the page.

Oh. There was last night before it was replaced by the 'on sale' banner.

Edit: oops. There isn't any listed on the 5 dollar sale version, but in app purchases listed on the demo page. So if the in app purchase just to get the rest of the game or are there other purchases to be made also?

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 26, 2019

Rynyin
Feb 10, 2006

H.Y.C.Y.BH?

New Leaf posted:

I'm on chapter 16 (It was available in Canada before global release) and there are some weird difficulty humps that can take a while to get past. Generally you want to have you highest ascended heroes has your top 5 for the resonating crystal. So if you have some Heroes with caps >100 besides Lucius it might be better to stick them in and let him get the benefits of a higher level. The crystal won't cap you for your tier (If your top 5 are all lvl 120 and your crystal heroes are Rare/Rare+/Epic they will still be boosted to 120) but there is a cap later on for max ascension level (Blue heroes that cap at Legend+ can only reach max level 160). Does that make sense?

As for team help it depends on who you have. Saveas is top tier for his rarity but Silvina, Arden and Vedan are pretty great too. I've been reasonably lucky in that I've had Nemora, Kaz and Brutus as my mainstays for ages now and they're all solid. What's your hero list look like?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Blackchamber posted:

Oh. There was last night before it was replaced by the 'on sale' banner.

Edit: oops. There isn't any listed on the 5 dollar sale version, but in app purchases listed on the demo page. So if the in app purchase just to get the rest of the game or are there other purchases to be made also?

The first one. You can unlock the full game through the demo for the same price, sonit counts as an iap.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

The first one. You can unlock the full game through the demo for the same price, sonit counts as an iap.

Question about this: if I'm on a family sharing plan (or whatever it's called) with someone, and I get this as IAP, it won't be shared right, it'll need to be purchased separately for that?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Morpheus posted:

Question about this: if I'm on a family sharing plan (or whatever it's called) with someone, and I get this as IAP, it won't be shared right, it'll need to be purchased separately for that?

Right. No iap through family plan

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Is it really that hard for Google to differentiate between defined expansion packs for an app versus gacha funbux nonsense? Oh wait this would require Google to spend more than $0 on monitoring anything, never mind, found my answer! :rolleye:

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY
Monster Hunter Stories is like 30% off for those who want a pretty good RPG with loads of content.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

phourniner posted:

bring back ps1 monster rancher but use barcode scanning. I would be all over that. Bonus points for PVP.

Yes. Make this happen.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Push El Burrito posted:

Look at this person bragging about their two friends.

lol, two friends who also had them. Look, I've heard plenty of stories who buy all versions of pokemon games or digimon devices and then just trade with themselves.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Star Traders frontiers are so much fun on the phone.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Turtlicious posted:

Star Traders frontiers are so much fun on the phone.

It's good but I've fallen down the night of the full moon hole and won't be back for a while

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Any other games like Ascension? I'm really enjoying it but they only had one bundle for sale. Can't justify the price for the other expansions quite yet.

I tried Star Realms but it didn't really click.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Night of the full moon is a deck builder rpg type game, if you like ascencion you will like it.
I believe the purchase is just the first character, with additional decks costing $1 each.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Night of the Full Moon was fun but got old VERY quickly. Not a lot of variety in cards or content.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Well to be fair, I haven't opened up any new classes yet (need a few more survey bucks to buy the full pack) but if it's something I'll wear out on maybe I should ignore the value of the full pack and just buy one at a time.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

cage-free egghead posted:

Any other games like Ascension? I'm really enjoying it but they only had one bundle for sale. Can't justify the price for the other expansions quite yet.

I tried Star Realms but it didn't really click.

Androminion is a free port of Dominion with all extensions.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Androminion is a free port of Dominion with all extensions.

I can't find this but am very interested. Is it only available on certain devices?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Captain Monkey posted:

I can't find this but am very interested. Is it only available on certain devices?

I don't think it's on the store but you can find the apk easily

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Any tips for Star Traders? Because I have no idea what I'm doing.. and the text is very tiny.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

New Leaf posted:

Any tips for Star Traders? Because I have no idea what I'm doing.. and the text is very tiny.

Star Traders Frontiers thread

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

New Leaf posted:

I got it on pc and seeing how packed the interface is, wouldn't play it on less than a tablet.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I don't think it's on the store but you can find the apk easily

Ah, that's a shame, some of my in laws love nerdy games like dominion, but sideloading an apk is a bit beyond them.

We've been playing a lot of polytopia though!

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Captain Monkey posted:

Ah, that's a shame, some of my in laws love nerdy games like dominion, but sideloading an apk is a bit beyond them.

I'm a noob when it comes to android and if I remember all I had to do was to download the apk and launch it in a file browser. edit: after allowing unknown sources in the security parameters

Here is the latest apk (I believe)

https://github.com/mehtank/androminion/releases/tag/v9.05-prealpha5

SpaceGoatFarts fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Apr 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Golf Blitz is a spin-off of the Stickman Golf games focused on quick, real-time online multiplayer matches that got a global release today. It seems OK.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 1, 2019