Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Prism posted:

Our court is not laid out like SCOTUS and we don't have multi-state circuits like you do.

In an extremely basic summary, a provincial supreme court's ruling can be taken to the (same province's) court of appeal - the BCCA, or the Court of Appeal of British Columbia in this case. It is possible to appeal a ruling from the BCCA to the Supreme Court of Canada, but the Canadian Supreme Court is not obliged to actually take it up unless it's a nationwide concern or an actual area of unsettled law; they can otherwise just say 'no, go away, the provincial Court of Appeal ruling stands'. Whether someone is allowed to petition for an appeal is usually decided by a small panel of Supreme Court judges (I think it is three?) but is guaranteed in some cases. In this case I would assume they would take it up since it's an area of unsettled law, but it would go to the BCCA first.

The other thing the Supreme Court of Canada can do is answer a question from the federal Cabinet about whether a thing is legal, if they're asked.

As far as the concept of certiorari goes, this sounds pretty close to what I remember of the U.S. system. The structuring of the court may be different, but the grounds on which it chooses cases seems pretty similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I'm using the biased viewpoint of a US-Canada transplant here but I'm gonna say, despite different trappings, the US and Canada are among the two most similar nations in the world in all respects and that includes the court system. (please ignore healthcare)

But of course explaining how different Canada is from the US is the national sport.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Warmachine posted:

As far as the concept of certiorari goes, this sounds pretty close to what I remember of the U.S. system. The structuring of the court may be different, but the grounds on which it chooses cases seems pretty similar.

Yeah, we have totally discreet parallel court systems for states and federal (with some convergence at SCOTUS), and afaik the government doesn't get to ask the courts about stuff before implementation. For whatever reason we just have extra lawyers at each level of government to look at proposed policies and laws and come up with disingenuous, self-serving arguments to justify policies and support what they want to do when it does get to the courts.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
Notre Dame Cathedral on Fire

While there's no official cause of the fire yet, most people are pointing towards it being tied to building renovations, and is almost certainly a terrible accident.

Doesn't stop Freep though!

:siren: MUSLIMS :siren:

quote:

To: Attention Surplus Disorder
This is what happens when muslims swarm your country. The building was targeted by muslims on Easter weekend.

2 posted on 4/15/2019, 12:34:38 PM by bingoplayer
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

This is, what, the third historic church fire in France in recent months?
It must be coordinated. Some will blame the yellow vests, but it's probably invaders.

-PJ

8 posted on 4/15/2019, 12:36:42 PM by Political Junkie Too (The 1st Amendment gives the People the right to a free press, not CNN the right to the 1st question.)

quote:

To: dfwgator
The history of Islam is disrespect for other religions and wanting to destroy the premiere symbols other’s worship.

Whether the French will let the truth out or not because of fear of mass
unrest is the question.

Nevertheless any thinking person will know in their gut that Muslims are to blame.

24 posted on 4/15/2019, 12:46:40 PM by Zenjitsuman ( p)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

quote:

“It’s an old building, could very well be unrelated to Muslims. “

So what...blame them anyhow because they are loving it and would do it in a heartbeat.

67 posted on 4/15/2019, 12:57:32 PM by Bonemaker (invictus maneow)

quote:

Crusade to save Europe from the hordes of Islam

113 posted on 4/15/2019, 1:10:02 PM by StoneWall Brigade (Live Free or Die)

quote:

The Religion of Evil strikes again.

Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib will be walking around with big smiles.

180 posted on 4/15/2019, 1:29:56 PM by Pelham (Secure Voter ID. Mexico has it, because unlike us they take voting seriously)

:siren: THE DEEP STATE :siren:

quote:

Accident, Muslims with tacit approval of the deep state to carry out an attack, or deep state agents themselves? Easter week is the perfect time for the dark forces to send a message. The truth will likely never be revealed.

27 posted on 4/15/2019, 12:47:25 PM by Stravinsky

quote:

To: miss marmelstein
Yep. It definitely seems like another attack against the Western/Christian world. Could be Muslims again, and if so, they do so with the approval of the state that covers up and lies for them. That’s the part many don’t want to admit. The deep state wants us erased as much as the Muslims do.

143 posted on 4/15/2019, 1:19:05 PM by Stravinsky
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 55 | View Replies]

quote:

What are the chances there weren’t deep state secrets from their occult nonsense hidden somewhere in that old place?

197 posted on 4/15/2019, 1:33:43 PM by reasonisfaith (What are the implications if the Resurrection of Christ is a true event in history?)

:siren: CATHOLICS :siren: wait what

quote:

To: BeauBo
Sadly, the Church has many enemies: Muslims, leftist secularists, and the Pope’s evil hordes. Choose your poison.

40 posted on 4/15/2019, 12:52:34 PM by littleharbour ("You take on the intel community they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you" C. Schumer)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 33 | View Replies]

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
The pope's evil hordes attacked a cathedral?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Notre Dame Cathedral on Fire

While there's no official cause of the fire yet, most people are pointing towards it being tied to building renovations, and is almost certainly a terrible accident.

Doesn't stop Freep though!

:siren: MUSLIMS :siren:

:siren: THE DEEP STATE :siren:

:siren: CATHOLICS :siren: wait what

I love the first guy who not only doesn’t know what Easter weekend is, but doesn’t know how weekends work.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

jojoinnit posted:

Nobody hates Catholics as much as other Catholics.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If some evangelical freeper even knows what Notre-Dame de Paris means, there's no way they are going to consider who the said lady is before they start yelling at muslims and catholics.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

jojoinnit posted:

Francis is the first Jesuit Pope. Jack Chick Protestantism regards Jesuits as the Pope's secret ninja assassins, and that seems to have filtered through to American Conservative Catholicism that considers the current Pope a communist and therefore Jesuits must want to burn cathedrals (bad) and not burn Muslims (good).

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
American Conservative Catholicism is weird. Like just become evangelicals already because you really seem to want to

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I'm super on board with the Assassin's Creed thing where we put an alien ball in a satellite and mind control the planet into not being crazy and stupid.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

The history of Islam is disrespect for other religions and wanting to destroy the premiere symbols other’s worship.

Whether the French will let the truth out or not because of fear of mass
unrest is the question.

Nevertheless any thinking person will know in their gut that Muslims are to blame.

24 posted on 4/15/2019, 12:46:40 PM by Zenjitsuman ( p)

Now let me tell you about my plan to nuke Mecca !

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Fathis Munk posted:

Now let me tell you about my plan to nuke Mecca !

And you know Christianity had a history of respect and not destroying other people’s cultures

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Freep is the most insightful satire site on the net. My favorite word here is "nevertheless."

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?
Media Obsessed With Impeachment After Release of Mueller Report

Freepers are pissed as usual. Alternatively itching for Civil War, or for the triumphant indictments of the media.

quote:

To: Kaslin
Mueller: I exonerate this man.
Democrats: So, you’re saying he needs to be impeached?

14 posted on 4/19/2019, 7:57:57 PM by ClearCase_guy (If White Privilege is real, why did Elizabeth Warren lie about being an Indian?)

quote:

The Leftist loons will have something to really shout about when the first of the Russian hoax perpetrators are indicted.

2 posted on 4/19/2019, 7:47:21 PM by nickedknack

quote:

My great hope is that they eventually get off impeachment and move on to going for civil war. Because at this point there seems to be an almost endless supply of Leftists, Democrats and stinky turds like Mitt Romney that I’d just love to have a good reason to exchange fire with.

6 posted on 4/19/2019, 7:50:59 PM by Scott from the Left Coast (You may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you...)

quote:

I say ESAD dems.

Just like Hillary, the DNC, MSM, academia, Hollywood and RINOs the President will beat you like a drum too.

5.56mm

8 posted on 4/19/2019, 7:52:23 PM by M Kehoe (DRAIN THE SWAMP! BUILD THE WALL!)

quote:

Setting a precedent so an elected President that did nothing wrong could be removed at anytime = The End of the United States

11 posted on 4/19/2019, 7:55:41 PM by butlerweave

quote:

Since the media is an admittedly used “Echo Chamber” for propaganda with the likes of Brennan, Rhodes, Clapper, and hundreds of counter Intel mercenaries, it’s no wonder. They can see, smell, and taste jail if they don’t wreck and run Trump out of fuel.

12 posted on 4/19/2019, 7:56:43 PM by blackdog
The MSM are attempting a Coup

16 posted on 4/19/2019, 7:59:22 PM by butlerweave

quote:

They have wanted Trump, his family, his associates, dead since the day Trump became President..today is just the same ol sh*t, new day

18 posted on 4/19/2019, 8:00:39 PM by Sarah Barracuda

quote:

They have to stop him before the Indictments start

20 posted on 4/19/2019, 8:01:36 PM by butlerweave

quote:

To: SecondAmendment
They may WANT to do it but the IG report of EXACTLY what these bastards did is going to stop them in their tracks, these corrupt bastards will NOT be able to impeach him they are going to be to busy trying to cover their OWN ASSES!!!

42 posted on 4/19/2019, 8:32:42 PM by Trump Girl Kit Cat (Yosemite Sam raising hell)

quote:

<snip>
I have never seen such absolute viscious petty unbecomming vengeful hate coming from adult men who can’t put aside their feminine side and just show their childish emotions MEN didn’t used to show. Gossip, tattle tale, name calling, lying, 24 hr a day complaints and attacks, not able to put it aside and act like adult MEN!

43 posted on 4/19/2019, 8:34:08 PM by frnewsjunkie

quote:

“Media Obsessed With Impeachment After Release of Mueller Report”

So what? Patriots are obsessed with summarily executing the media Nazi pigs.

Let’s have a discussion...

48 posted on 4/19/2019, 8:37:35 PM by sergeantdave (Teach a man to fish and he'll steal your gear and sell it)

From another thread, but I liked this guy demanding people stop calling him a Nazi or he's gonna kill them.

quote:

To: dforest
The ignorant left needs to realize they create monsters with what they say.

By endlessly calling us NAZI’s, Fascist and ignorant evil deplorables they have removed any reason for conservatives to act better. If they are not going to respect our principles, and deal with our ideas but resort to name calling, hatred and lies then we have no choice but to lash out verbally. What, cursing at them is going to make them like us less? They already want to put us in reeducation camps.

The snowflakes and red-flakes need to exhibit some decorum and tolerance if they want it returned. Apologize for the uncalled for insults. Grovel.

They are irrational. They need to realize that the opposite of irrational is not rationality (Because the irrational are operating on a faulty internal logic) but force. If the left does not start exhibiting tolerance and reason our only remaining choice is force. They may think they want a conflict but do they really?

They’ve pushed it to the edge.

Good for Levin

29 posted on 4/19/2019, 7:52:43 PM by Fai Mao (There is no rule of law in the US until The PIAPS is executed.)

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Sarcastr0 posted:

Mueller: I exonerate this man.
Democrats: So, you’re saying he needs to be impeached?

14 posted on 4/19/2019, 7:57:57 PM by ClearCase_guy (If White Privilege is real, why did Elizabeth Warren lie about being an Indian?)

Might want to read the report there chief

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Sarcastr0 posted:

quote:

I have never seen such absolute viscious petty unbecomming vengeful hate coming from adult men who can’t put aside their feminine side and just show their childish emotions MEN didn’t used to show. Gossip, tattle tale, name calling, lying, 24 hr a day complaints and attacks, not able to put it aside and act like adult MEN!

There are so many layers here, it's amazing.

I've been thinking about diving in and finding what their reaction to the Bernie town hall on Fox News was, but oh man, I'm really not sure I can handle freep again, even after over a year of taking a break.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm super on board with the Assassin's Creed thing where we put an alien ball in a satellite and mind control the planet into not being crazy and stupid.

I'll talk to the Aga Khan about it but he probably pawned it off years ago to buy more hookers.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

I've been thinking about diving in and finding what their reaction to the Bernie town hall on Fox News was, but oh man, I'm really not sure I can handle freep again, even after over a year of taking a break.
[/quote]

There's never enough time away because as long as these old fucks are alive there will always be more and it'll always be worse

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Sarcastr0 posted:

McGlockenshire posted:

Look, when Trump spends an entire day tweeting lies and insults while calling his opponents derogatory names he's acting like A REAL MAN, unlike those libs.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

[/quote]

Hmm, let's find out.

quote:

To: montag813

I was very disappointed with the hosts in the townhall.

But, I guess they were trying not to be too aggressive, since they still have hopes of getting the DNC to allow FOX to host at least one of the democratic party’s democratic debates. It was all about compromising their dignity and journalistic credentials in the hope of getting the DNC to reconsider.

In any case, Bernie was allowed to deflect and take the offensive and not really answer any tough questions, even with as few as there were.

3 posted on 04/15/2019 8:15:53 PM PDT by adorno

:ironicat:

quote:

The fact that 30-40% of american voters get jazzed about this guy says a lot about this country.

Good Lord how people follow charlatans

4 posted on 04/15/2019 8:16:52 PM PDT by onona (It is often wise to allow a person a graceful path.)

quote:

Sanders hasn’t done a bit of good in his entire career while Trump was building an empire. An empire which employs thousands.

Sanders is just a leach and a son of a bitch.

11 posted on 04/15/2019 8:32:45 PM PDT by Bullish (My tagline ran off with another man.)

quote:

And that is why Bernie that Trump will never release his. Bernie probably thinks he has been harshly treated . Even if Trumps are 100% clean and clear they will still whine about him not giving enough to woman’s causes and race causes - see we told you he was a mysoginist and racist. Never give a sucker (or in this case a group of them) an even break.

20 posted on 04/15/2019 10:19:11 PM PDT by melsec (There's a track, winding back, to an old forgotten shack along the road to Gundagai..)

quote:

Trump made his money in the Private sector as a businessman who took chances and made deals with his own money, Bernie made his money by government handout, government job at 40 years old and a democratic contender to which he is now a millionaire, WHO IS MORE CAPABLE

27 posted on 04/16/2019 4:59:58 AM PDT by ronnie raygun (nic dip.com)

Let's see what Freep thinks of the American Dream

quote:

To: Libloather

He’s right. His wealth was obtained through nefarious means.

The American dream isn’t achieved through nefarious means.

6 posted on 04/15/2019 7:15:51 PM PDT by laplata (The Left/Progressives have diseased minds.)

quote:

To: All

Well, he is right about that;

His wealth came from bribes, graft, con-jobs and outright theft.

Kinda the opposite of “The American Dream”

18 posted on 04/15/2019 7:37:15 PM PDT by LegendHasIt

quote:

He’s right. His wealth is the product of crooked politics, not the American Dream (unless you’re a “progressive” socialist).

10 posted on 04/15/2019 7:26:09 PM PDT by 43north (Its hard to stop a man when he knows he's right and he keeps coming.)

quote:

Outside of Flynt MI which is run by Democrats, where in this Country are people forced to drink “toxic” water?

4 posted on 04/15/2019 7:13:45 PM PDT by Kickass Conservative (THEY LIVE, and we're the only ones wearing the Sunglasses.)

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Too long for a thread title, but here it is anyway:
Freep: I have never seen such absolute viscious petty unbecomming vengeful hate coming from adult men

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Freep: viscious petty vengeful hate coming from adult men

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

quote:

To: Logical me

I was just at Home Depot and a young buck (ME-linial) thought he could push me around and verbally attack me. I just smiled and said that he was doing all of the work and I was just waiting in line to be served. Cashier had enough of his insults and refused to serve him.

<snip>

56 posted on 4/21/2019, 1:34:01 PM by Dacula (He has risen.)

quote:

Here we go again with the ridiculous attacks on Sessions. Does this idiot writer realize that Sessions recused himself because he too, was spied upon during the campaign and was compromised, and was used as a decoy so that Huber and Horowitz can do the real work behind the scenes?
You really are going to tell me that someone as intelligent as Trump didn't know ahead of time that Sessions was going to recuse himself and was taken off-guard. Yeah right.

Sessions did his job and he did it perfectly. He is going to be brought back to testify and will drop the hammer on a lot of people.

11 posted on 4/21/2019, 12:08:41 PM by Extremely Extreme Extremist (Trust the plan of the 17th letter of the English alphabet!!)

quote:

To: DanZ
A few facts to ponder on. POTUS, Donald J. Trump beat Hillary Clinton fair and square...period. She was the failed, miserable weak freak candidate...period.

The Obama DOJ & FBI along with James Clapper & John Brennan then preceded onward to bring down a fairly elected POTUS. They also failed miserably and many of them will soon be in orange jump suits serving prison time, rightfully so.

But...the saga continues. but this time it will take down Democrat, buffoons, freaks & failures Jerrold Nadler & Adam Schiff along with the entire Democrat Party and its faithful twisted bias Media.

Democrat, Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi is having a conference call tomorrow where she will take the step of ordering the POTUS, DJT impeachment...which in due time will have become the call that finally destroyed the Democrat Party for all time. Trump will easily survive, Pelosi and her Democrat Party will not!!!

If Nancy Pelosi has any brains...which I doubt she has any,...she will call for the immediate shutdown of all Democrat investigations and with that action she will save the Democrat Party, politically for the oncoming future. The choice is hers!!!

261 posted on 4/21/2019, 1:49:45 PM by JLAGRAYFOX (Defeat both the Republican (e) & Democrat (e) political parties....Forever!!!)

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

quote:

To: Logical me

I was just at Home Depot and a young buck (ME-linial) thought he could push me around and verbally attack me. I just smiled and said that he was doing all of the work and I was just waiting in line to be served. Cashier had enough of his insults and refused to serve him.

<snip>

56 posted on 4/21/2019, 1:34:01 PM by Dacula (He has risen.)
And then everyone in the store stood up and clapped and the millennial cried and ran away shouting about his feefees being hurt.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

"A young buck" :yikes:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

sheep-dodger posted:

And then everyone in the store stood up and clapped and the millennial cried and ran away shouting about his feefees being hurt.

While the lily white blond hair and blue eyed male employees unfurled an American flag and the cashier gave him a huge discount and hug because the freeper was a true patriot standing up for 'MURICA and the good old honorable people.
Yeah, this praticaly screams "once upon a time".
I have no doubt said freeper met a younger person, possibly at a HD, and maybe, perhaps the cashier didn't serve the young guy. But it's more than likely it's because said freeper tried pushing his way into a line because he was there a hair too late and lacks any decency, got in a shoving match and said young person let him go because "whatever, go away crazy old man", so freeper left as younger guy got to the cashier and they both asked each other wtf the old guy's problem was.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lightning Knight posted:

Nobody hates Catholics as much as other Catholics.

drat Scots, they ruined Scotland

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Lord Hydronium posted:

"A young buck" :yikes:

Eh, this is something I've heard from older "country" people. I wouldn't read much into it.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

FReeper Kickass Conservative posted:

Outside of Flynt MI which is run by Democrats, where in this Country are people forced to drink “toxic” water? 

4 posted on 04/15/2019 7:13:45 PM PDT by Kickass Conservative (THEY LIVE, and we're the only ones wearing the Sunglasses.) 

It's incredibly disheartening to realize this is the narrative tens of millions of people in this country have, just thanks to bullshit on Fox.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Yeah, Flint Michigan, where the republican governor decided to save money by doing something more expensive that ended up loving the water because small government but need to meddle in local politics

I know about 40 people from Flint who would gladly kick this fucker's rear end inwards till it touched the inside of his skull....and sadly one other that would nod while saying "Right?!". Of course that one dude sweeps floors all day because he got hosed in the head from a car accident and swung so hard right he broke the scale

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Freep-adjacent, but one of the Chuds I went to college with just posted again on Facebook that he's upset with the taxes in Connecticut and wants to move. He has 2 autistic kids and is a stay-at-home dad while his wife works as a nurse. He says he wants to move to, "A red state. Someplace that has good jobs, good schools, and good services for autism."

Sooo he wants to move somewhere that has low taxes and also the things that taxes pay for.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Uncle Ulty posted:

Freep-adjacent, but one of the Chuds I went to college with just posted again on Facebook that he's upset with the taxes in Connecticut and wants to move. He has 2 autistic kids and is a stay-at-home dad while his wife works as a nurse. He says he wants to move to, "A red state. Someplace that has good jobs, good schools, and good services for autism."

Sooo he wants to move somewhere that has low taxes and also the things that taxes pay for.

He wants a formerly blue state that has become a red state, that is slowly sinking into debt as it refuses to levy the taxes that will pay for the policies enacted. Of course, if he moves to such a place it will become a barren hellscape over time, and so his house will lose all value etc..

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Suggest Iowa.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Oh I won't comment on his stuff myself, I like to stay under the radar so he doesn't suspect that I'm the person who keeps reporting him and getting him probated from FB for his racist posts. His fellow chuds are suggesting southern Indiana or Dallas. I just find it funny that his wife (a Democrat) is the only breadwinner in the family but he seems to think that he has the final say in whether or not they move, and where they'll go.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Uncle Ulty posted:

Oh I won't comment on his stuff myself, I like to stay under the radar so he doesn't suspect that I'm the person who keeps reporting him and getting him probated from FB for his racist posts. His fellow chuds are suggesting southern Indiana or Dallas. I just find it funny that his wife (a Democrat) is the only breadwinner in the family but he seems to think that he has the final say in whether or not they move, and where they'll go.

Does it only count for the state level? Because Dallas is a blue square in a sea of red. (As major cities tend to be.)

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Warmachine posted:

Does it only count for the state level? Because Dallas is a blue square in a sea of red. (As major cities tend to be.)

Yeah but a dude like this is never going to move to downtown Dallas, he'd be in the crimson red suburbs if anything.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Uncle Ulty posted:

Whereabouts in CT?

And what exactly is he complaining about? We actually try to provide reasonable social services. I work in them.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Minenfeld! posted:

Whereabouts in CT?

And what exactly is he complaining about? We actually try to provide reasonable social services. I work in them.

He's in Trumbull, and I think he's okay with the services he gets - his beef is with the amount he pays in taxes every year. He's been radicalized hard by the right and believes that every blue politician in CT is on the take, and the "unreasonably high" taxes on everything are simply to line their pockets. Just like the freepers, he likes to ignore the correlation between taxes and the services he gets for them as long as the Dems are in power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Watch him move to Pensacola or Jacksonville or some other chudland here in FL where there's no income tax so the entire state budget is built on sales tax from Disney tourists