Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Bacontotem posted:

This movie better have men slave speedo outfits.

Poe will be sporting a golden mankini

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Approach through the trench. Fire your load into the thermal exhaust port

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

skasion posted:

Its a loving desert 100 billion miles from anywhere relevant and hes an old garbageman who lives alone. Literally nobody cares who he is or what he does

oh poo poo its old man Ben come to defend himself on his SA account!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

When you become one with The Force, you gain Internet access and $10. Obi-Wan chose poorly.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
The Kessel Run ain't the only thing that's 12 parsecs around here iykwim.

mi'leks :grin:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
but the parsec is a unit of distance, not t.... oh my

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Colonel Cancer posted:

Hiding in plain sight man. Ain't nobody gonna suspect Tom Hussein, he's just a local crazy. Borneo tho, that would get found out within weeks.

Tom Hussein? I wonder if she meant Old Uday?

Bistromatic posted:

sixty billion dead

Dune gonna be the dopest. Disney gonna :qq:

skasion posted:

Luke has a lot of raw potential but he’s not a great Jedi or even a Jedi at all (dying Yoda tells him he doesn’t count as one until he confronts Vader again) in the same sense as Obi-wan or Yoda are, only in a much looser sense. He’s the last remnant of their ancient religion, but transforms it and goes against it. He doesn’t know all their magic tricks or fancy sword fighting, because they don’t teach him those things — after all, they knew all those things themselves and yet totally failed to stop Vader and Sidious from annihilating their order. They try and focus more on giving him a less poisonous mindset towards his power than they gave Anakin, and it pretty much works better than they even realize, since he manages to win in the end without murdering his own dad. But yeah, the only time he ever defeats another Jedi or Sith in a fight is when he hulks out with dark side rage and cuts off Vader’s hand, and what it shows him in that case is “wow, maybe chopping people up with a sword isn’t how I want to spend my life”. You can take the prequels’ Jedi who are obsessed with chopping everyone up with swords and can’t understand why the dark side is clouding their vision as an addendum to this.

Cool post.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ragedx posted:

anyone else think Disney is going to end up killing star wars?

They've already started churning out star wars movies that lose money. Lots of money.

Look into your heart.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

DancingShade posted:

They've already started churning out star wars movies that lose money. Lots of money.

Look into your heart.

It makes no difference what goons think of Star Wars, said Kathleen Kennedy. Star Wars endures.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

boar guy posted:

they already gave a trilogy to the GoT writers

The ultimate trilogy awaiting its ultimate practitioner.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

For everyone saying Disney is losing money on Star Wars, uhhhh...

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/30/six-years-after-buying-lucasfilm-disney-has-recouped-its-investment.html

Key Takeaway:

quote:

Shares of Walt Disney are up 15.6 percent since last year and more than 127 percent since Disney purchased Lucasfilm six years ago today.

Also, there will always be sadbrain people like Blue Story and her family who will blow thousands of dollars on plastic toys while their children languish.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Vomik posted:

The ultimate trilogy awaiting its ultimate practitioner.

:hmmyes:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bogus Adventure posted:

For everyone saying Disney is losing money on Star Wars, uhhhh...

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/30/six-years-after-buying-lucasfilm-disney-has-recouped-its-investment.html

Key Takeaway:

Also, there will always be sadbrain people like Blue Story and her family who will blow thousands of dollars on plastic toys while their children languish.

Uh theres this other media property they have going were weirdly each film makes more money than the last.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Their PE ratio is also higher than it was in 2007 though.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
disney put all post-episode 9 star wars films on hiatus. this is something you do when your products are making money and well-received, yes.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
When a company is making money it’s because everything it has is making money. Chains only as strong as it’s weakest link after all!

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Quick reminder; stock price does not have anything to do with how much money a company is making nor does it accrue to the company in anyway

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I’m just so tired of all these Disney movies.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Applewhite posted:

I’m just so tired of all these Disney movies.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

"I hate sand." - Anakin Skywalker, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

"The sand gets in everywhere, and I mean everywhere"

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

could really go for some smooth jizz right now, anyone know any good cantinas?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Stop appropriating jizz culture.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Martman posted:

could really go for some smooth jizz right now, anyone know any good cantinas?

It's like every cantina plays that these days. No matter where you go there's jizz everywhere!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

do you think they call space weed "jizz cigarettes"

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Fister Roboto posted:

do you think they call space weed "jizz cigarettes"

On Coruscant they call those death sticks as a high end local brand but they're the exact same jizz cigarettes you can find anywhere in the galaxy.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
Or you could smoke it through a special long pipe known as a "pole".

Like they say, "If you really want to 'get jizz', smoke a pole!"

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Not going to see it but they need good bad guys. Sure why not bring back the emperor he's an evil cackling rear end in a top hat who loves the work.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

numberoneposter posted:

Not going to see it but they need good bad guys. Sure why not bring back the emperor he's an evil cackling rear end in a top hat who loves the work.

Thing is they also need good writers, good directors and good producers.

Really short on all of those. Empty pantry and all that.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

KillerJunglist posted:

It's like every cantina plays that these days. No matter where you go there's jizz everywhere!

its because they don't have access to chris cunningham, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmqDZLt0ZEc

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Magnitogorsk. posted:

TLJ was ruined right out of the gates with that awful prank call gag that stretched on and on and on. That felt like something that belongs in an insurance commercial not the opening scene of a $300 million movie

This is the moment that I turned to my girlfriend and said, "I have a bad feeling about this".

Little did I know at the time that I just said the best line during the movie. Sorry to everyone that didn't see TLJ sitting within my whisper distance.

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.

DancingShade posted:

Thing is they also need good writers, good directors and good producers.

Really short on all of those. Empty pantry and all that.

Some good original music also wouldn't hurt

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Tbh Williams’ scores have been the most disappointing thing about the sequels to me. The prequels have their problems, but their music is iconic and does a huge amount to lift them. The sequels haven’t introduced a single interesting theme.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The theme that plays while Rey is scavenging is good and that's also the best scene from any of the new movies

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Who here in GBS star wars thred wanna watch a half-hour long analysis of some of the musical problems in the Disney films?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB4lULC87Oo

it's me btw, I'm the one who would watch it, but I think it's a good analysis how the musical themes in the OT become meaningless slogans in the sequels. I noted this especially in Rogue One, where little jingles of "rebel music" played when some rebel ships hyperspaced in or whatever. Reminded me of the TIE Fighter games.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

DancingShade posted:

On Coruscant they call those death sticks as a high end local brand but they're the exact same jizz cigarettes you can find anywhere in the galaxy.

lol forever at "death sticks"

drugs should be named something cool

like..."death sticks"

hmm, poo poo

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

RaySmuckles posted:

lol forever at "death sticks"

drugs should be named something cool

like..."death sticks"

hmm, poo poo

Death sticks give you the death shits.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mooey Cow posted:

Who here in GBS star wars thred wanna watch a half-hour long analysis of some of the musical problems in the Disney films?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB4lULC87Oo

it's me btw, I'm the one who would watch it, but I think it's a good analysis how the musical themes in the OT become meaningless slogans in the sequels. I noted this especially in Rogue One, where little jingles of "rebel music" played when some rebel ships hyperspaced in or whatever. Reminded me of the TIE Fighter games.

I didn't click the link and don't want to but instead imagined some star wars clips where instead of the music playing at certain times or when ships jump to light speed a fart noise plays or an air horn bleeps and laughed a little.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Big Beef City posted:

I didn't click the link and don't want to but instead imagined some star wars clips where instead of the music playing at certain times or when ships jump to light speed a fart noise plays or an air horn bleeps and laughed a little.

“Fill-Um”

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

waah posted:

"Who wants me to shoot a proton torpedo in their exhaust port this evening right? Hiyoooo"

Actually, Greedo shot his proton torpedo first :c00lbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
han nutted first