Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Brought To You By posted:

I want Nanashi and Belladonna to come back. The velvet room has felt empty without them there.

Yeah, it really does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

MonsieurChoc posted:

One day Philemon and Gnarly will return.

I used to think this too but then the P4A fake out convinced me they're never gonna do it

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Merilan posted:

yeah i'd honestly not get your hopes up on this

Well, at least I can comfort myself about possible bad writing with the thread title. :v:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
(P5 thread crosspost)

We're doing it again. Except this time with P5S. In 6 hours there will be a stream hosted on Nicovideo and Periscope.

Nicovideo day 2
https://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv319206782

Persona PR Twitter (they should pin a Periscope stream)
https://twitter.com/p_kouhou

If you have Nicovideo premium ($5. Cheap) You can watch an early 30 minutes. About 8:45am eastern (though really closer to 9am) there will be a trailer played for P5S along with p5s.jp being updated.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Get hype for a Switch port of the base game, but this time Morgana can wear a Mario hat if you want or something

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

Scrap Dragon posted:

Get hype for a Switch port of the base game, but this time Morgana can wear a Mario hat if you want or something

Why they stacked the announcements in this order, I'll never know.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You put P5S into your Switch and it's just a static image of the date of another announcement.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

MightyPretenders posted:

Don't worry. Since he isn't, you won't need to.

What the gently caress

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I wasn't expecting 2020 for P5 Royal to be honest. I thought the fact that they released Looking Cool Joker in Smash bros meant they were getting ready for something. I'm guessing that "Something" is a switch port coming earlier, which I'm also guessing means its the base game.

I wouldn't believe it if Atlus didn't also announce they were doing a "Royal" type release of Catherine, and porting the base game to new platforms at the same time

I do not understand Atlus business decisions 90% of the time

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

They're morons, OP.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I wasn't expecting 2020 for P5 Royal to be honest. I thought the fact that they released Looking Cool Joker in Smash bros meant they were getting ready for something. I'm guessing that "Something" is a switch port coming earlier, which I'm also guessing means its the base game.

I wouldn't believe it if Atlus didn't also announce they were doing a "Royal" type release of Catherine, and porting the base game to new platforms at the same time

I do not understand Atlus business decisions 90% of the time

They don't care because people will buy whatever they pump out anyway

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/MysticDistance/status/1121397578673815553

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

what the poo poo

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Persona 5 musou is like way better than anything else this could've been. Pretty okay with that. :shrug:

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I would have preferred the switch port tbh.

I’ll probably still get this but I am very very apathetic on musou games.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Hell yeah, the only thing disappointing about a Persona 5 musou game is that they might take 'Persona 5' as an excuse to not add characters from previous Personas.

I only want to play as one person in a Persona musou game more than Makoto. And that's Akihiko.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

wat the fuk

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's by Koei Tecmo, the team that makes the Warriors series so it' s at least in good hands.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wasn't the most recent Dynasty Warriors really bad?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Cleretic posted:

Hell yeah, the only thing disappointing about a Persona 5 musou game is that they might take 'Persona 5' as an excuse to not add characters from previous Personas.

I only want to play as one person in a Persona musou game more than Makoto. And that's Ulala.

Fixed that for you, you should preview your post for spelling errors.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Fixed that for you, you should preview your post for spelling errors.

Also acceptable!

Arist posted:

Wasn't the most recent Dynasty Warriors really bad?

From what I understand, Koei-Tecmo's Warriors teams are in a really weird spot where their B-teams that get the licensed stuff are actually the ones making the far better games right now. Hyrule Warriors was a jaw-droppingly good title, and Fire Emblem Warriors had problems but they definitely weren't really on K-T's end.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I played Pirate Warriors 2 and 3 and Hyrule Warriors, so part of the appeal of these games to me is unlocking a billion characters. It doesn't seem like they can replicate that here.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll play Persona Warriors sure

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Here's the preview

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1121400046547808258

Another mysterious girl.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
you've got mysterious girls all but falling out of the trees these days

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cleretic posted:

I only want to play as one person in a Persona musou game more than Makoto. And that's Akihiko.

Persona 4 Arena/Ultimax had Persona 3 characters despite the 4 in the title so here's hoping

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Ok this I'm hype.

Hopefully there will be a Raidou Kuzunoha dlc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_i8vJjM21k

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

:eyepop:

drat, can’t remember the last time I was this glad to be wrong. Hyrule Warriors owns and I can’t wait to play the poo poo out of this

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I did not in my wildest dreams think this is what they were gonna do. But honestly? The warriors crossovers recently have been actually very good games

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Would have preferred an update to the Arena series with Persona 5 characters but I'm not going to play either game to be honest.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Even at their worst, Warriors games are dumb fun games to listen to podcasts to. If they go as OTT with the additional characters, scenarios and extras as Hyrule Warriors did, I can genuinely see it becoming my favourite game in the genre bar none.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Even bad Persona spinoff games lead to good soundtracks.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

Even bad Persona spinoff games lead to good soundtracks.

looking forward to the birth of acid-buttrock

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Brought To You By posted:

Would have preferred an update to the Arena series with Persona 5 characters but I'm not going to play either game to be honest.

From what I can tell while there's will to make a Persona 5 Arena, and Arc System Works and Atlus are obviously still on good terms with P4A's involvement in Cross Tag Battle, ASW have been busy with other games like Dragon Ball FighterZ, Granblue Fantasy Versus, and their own games. So it'll probably come eventually, but not soon.

Funnily enough, I just remembered that this isn't actually the first time Koei's had their hands on Persona. Back in the pre-Sega games where Atlus needed to work with publishers on a game-by-game basis to get them released in Europe, a pre-merger Koei handled Persona 3 and FES both. I doubt that means anything, but I'd love to see some Persona 3 characters, so I'm holding onto it as hope. Thinking about it, that'd actually sync well with Smash, too, which went out of its way to celebrate the earlier Persona games.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Does this mean I get to drive around in a Muosou as Makato on her motorcycle?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
This is amazing, and I'm super excited for it.

If nothing else, it makes more sense than the dancing games.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Please go the Hyrule Warriors route and characters from 3 and 4

Please

please Atlus, I'm begging you

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I hope this means a PC version that isn't treated like someone stole code and reverse engineered it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Persona 5 Musou with Shinichiro Miki as the villain is more interesting than anything else that could've been so I'm in I guess