Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
In 4chan headcanon Sailor Earth is flat

chested

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Sorry I can't get off to Mariolatrics, non-catholic schoolgirls only for me.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Beachcomber posted:

No twist.

AITA for revealing to my parents that my sister was bi?

I hate this person with a vengeance. They have potentially ruined their sister's life for literally no reason whatsoever. :murder:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I hate this person with a vengeance. They have potentially ruined their sister's life for literally no reason whatsoever. :murder:

No they had a reason: to potentially ruin their sisters life.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Not for no reason, but because their parents were paying for their sister's college to the same or greater degree as their own

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Gluten Freeman posted:

Does my boyfriend [M23] like rear end too much or is this normal?

It seems to me that she already has a huge rear end.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Beachcomber posted:

It seems to me that she already has a huge rear end.

:hmmyes:

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Barudak posted:

No they had a reason: to potentially ruin their sisters life.

Yeah they are clearly leaving out a lot of important info about how much resentment they have towards their sister. I'd be willing to bet the sister was slaying mad rear end all through high school the OP was a still a virgin. Hopefully the parents hung up out of shame of having a child that would out their own sibling.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Beachcomber posted:

No twist.

AITA for revealing to my parents that my sister was bi?

It'd be pretty cool if this person fell off a cliff.

Biohazard posted:

Yeah they are clearly leaving out a lot of important info about how much resentment they have towards their sister. I'd be willing to bet the sister was slaying mad rear end all through high school the OP was a still a virgin. Hopefully the parents hung up out of shame of having a child that would out their own sibling.

Nah, the parents are real pieces of poo poo and that fucker knew, no matter what they say.

quote:

Yes I found out recently that my parents are going to cut her off now. I did not know this before I told them. I thought there would be a chance where my parents would be accepting of her, because she had done exceedingly well in high school, and by getting into a prestigious college, making our whole family proud.

quote:

Update: After reading these comments, I felt bad and I called my sister but she isn't picking up. I called my mom to ask her how she is doing. She said she cries a lot, but isn't neglecting her studies, and still goes to school. But she has stopped hanging out with all her friends, and has stopped going to clubs.

My dad says he will keep her in the house till the end of high school because they are legally obligated to do so. But after that, she's on her own and they're going to kick her out of the house, and he doesn't care what she does after that

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Jealous sister absolutely destroying bi sister's life has me madder than most posts.

I really hope she'll be ok, manage to build a life without her family and thrive and never talk to her parents or sister ever again, who all die miserable and alone.

She keeps saying she did this to "help" her sister and wanted to "help" her not have the "burden of carrying around a secret". She also says her parents "deserved to know" because they "had always given her a lot of help financially".

I don't know if she's just telling lies to reddit or herself, but her motives are extremely transparent. This earns her narc-points with her parent and destroys the favoured younger sister. I mean how dare the younger sister get so much support and attention when I'm the good one who isn't a gross sinful bi.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Apr 26, 2019

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Admiral Ray posted:

Nah, the parents are real pieces of poo poo and that fucker knew, no matter what they say.

Ughhhh. I wish I didn't know the follow up. And yeah, they absolutely knew what was going to happen, the did it to punish their sister.

I know I live an isolated little liberal life, but it's still hard for me to imagine there are people who would dis-own their children over sexual preferences in 2019 TYOOL. I'd be super pumped if I had a bi kid. Get out there and get some! Just be careful.

Biohazard fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 26, 2019

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Admiral Ray posted:

My fanfic is that she goes out and kills it without parental support and her parents and idiot sibling fail and lose everything and come begging for help later in life from her as she prospers and is happy and then the door is slammed in their faces.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The only real option for the bi-sibling is to take out ridiculous loans, live the best life she can, and spend a little money to host a page with her parents and siblings name and most recent photograph that is SEO optimized to be the first thing that appears when you search for them that makes it clear what miserable pieces of poo poo they are.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Xenocides posted:

My fanfic is that she goes out and kills it without parental support and her parents and idiot sibling fail and lose everything and come begging for help later in life from her as she prospers and is happy and then the door is slammed in their faces.

If I ever get rich, I'm going to use my money to just find stories like this and fund the success of people with awful families, to the chagrin of said family.

Sadly, I'll be poor forever.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Barudak posted:

The only real option for the bi-sibling is to take out ridiculous loans, live the best life she can, and spend a little money to host a page with her parents and siblings name and most recent photograph that is SEO optimized to be the first thing that appears when you search for them that makes it clear what miserable pieces of poo poo they are.

And if that page is completely honest the parents' church buddies will think they're wonderful people

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Biohazard posted:

If I ever get rich, I'm going to use my money to just find stories like this and fund the success of people with awful families, to the chagrin of said family.

I'm sure there's some existing under-funded charities designed to do exactly this. There's a reason there's a massive over-representation of sexual minorities in the homeless statistics.

University should not be based on how rich your family is and how well you hide your orientation from them.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Xenocides posted:

she looks down at them and whispers.... no

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Biohazard posted:

There are charities that exist to support kids like this though, please donate if you can. It might not be you being the sole patron and singlehandedly fixing this, but the money helps make this dream come true.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 26, 2019

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Clark Nova posted:

And if that page is completely honest the parents' church buddies will think they're wonderful people

The goal is not the parents per se, its her elder sister's hopes of being employed and curtailing where she will be hired.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Biohazard posted:

you could volunteer with organizations that work with homeless youth since the loving depressingly vast majority of cases are still "rejected by religious family for sex/gender identity." Stand Up For Kids is a good one, a lot of their work is operating drop in shelters where kids can get cleaned up and fed, and heading out to known homeless youth camps to deliver supplies.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

you could volunteer with organizations that work with homeless youth since the loving depressingly vast majority of cases are still "rejected by religious family for sex/gender identity." Stand Up For Kids is a good one, a lot of their work is operating drop in shelters where kids can get cleaned up and fed, and heading out to known homeless youth camps to deliver supplies.

This is good info everyone. I'm actually going to look into this. I actually didn't know organizations like this existed.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

The fact that there are homeless youth camps where kids and young adults are cold and hungry because their parents are assholes, it's terrible. That was a depressing story. Hope someone pops the sister in and the parents all in the kneecaps in some sort of kneecap-the-phobes campaign.

There are some good charities in the Seattle and most of Western WA areas too. Some of them let LGBT kids/young adults have access to kitchens, food, washers and driers and bathrooms even if they don't have a bed available.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 26, 2019

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
AFAIK there's no specifically LGBT youth charity as nationally established as groups like Salvation Army, but if you reach out to whatever LGBT groups are active in your area, they'll likely know what services are seeking volunteers. Not sure how widespread SUFK is, but there's other groups like them. It's a fairly patchwork system, which is really depressing.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Twelve Batmans posted:

What do you mean, you can get penis enlargement surgery. Chances are though you'll die on the operating table like that billionaire diamond man and be the subject of many a passing glance and smirk as the single necessary pallbearer carries your tiny nearly weightless 5'11" tall coffin.

Wait, he died on the table and they didn’t even finish enlarging the penis? Adding insult to injury.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

The whole thing is infuriating and they are all terrible except the sister who got outed. One thing that really gets me mad is the pretend righteousness of the outing sister. If she came out and said "I'm a jealous homophobe and wanted to make sure my inheritance is bigger" she's still a piece of poo poo but at least an honest one. "I'm helping you by destroying your life!" is quite the loving posture.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

LimburgLimbo posted:

Weight can be changed.

Dudes with small penises will forever be shamed by society with literally no way to change it and can only hide their shame at best, is the unfortunate reality.

Funny thing is no matter what seems to be the actual weight, the anxiety doesn't change!

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
injecting a neutron star into my gonad/dongulus region to make myself so heavy i travel from location to location by swinging my junk around like a grundle-based gravity hammer

edit- to own the libs

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Hellblazer187 posted:

The whole thing is infuriating and they are all terrible except the sister who got outed. One thing that really gets me mad is the pretend righteousness of the outing sister. If she came out and said "I'm a jealous homophobe and wanted to make sure my inheritance is bigger" she's still a piece of poo poo but at least an honest one. "I'm helping you by destroying your life!" is quite the loving posture.

And all the terrible people in this story sleep well every night, secure in their knowledge that they have behaved as all good Christians should. Jesus would be proud.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Hellblazer187 posted:

That's how it always is though. "I'm doing this for your own good!" It's a backhanded way of getting what they want-- to make someone else miserable and ruining their life-- and making the religious community look up to them for doing noble things for other people. Selfless, you see.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Dazerbeams posted:

harshing my Friday Feel Good vibe

I just nailed a job interview. Soon I will go home and get thai food with my wife and snuggle up with my baby. I have the next 4 weeks off work.

There's some good vibes for you.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Baronjutter posted:

A real life relationship disaster story!

My friend's good friend married a dude a few years ago. Their relationship was never the best but everyone put up with him since they really liked her and had to respect her choice to marry this guy. They live in Vancouver, a crushingly expensive place, and he's a bit of a lazy dirtbag and doesn't do much so she has to put in tons of extra hours every week to keep them fed and sheltered. This led to him feeling isolated and having an emotional affair for like a year with another lady. Eventually he traveled to meet her and they sealed the deal. The very next day he excitedly told his wife he's fallen out of love with her, has met a girl from his home town and will be moving there soon and has been cheating on her for a while now and it's mostly her fault because she works too much and forced him to live in an expensive city where he can't find a job.

When he told his side piece this she informed him that he will in fact not be moving in with her, that he was always just her side piece and she too is married but doesn't want to leave her husband for him.

With nowhere to go he's stayed with his wife and suddenly decided to "make things work" and she's going along with it like a big ol' anti-pete :(

Didn't some writer guy basically do this with Natalie Portman because he fell in love with her through an email friendship, he left his wife to be with her and Natalie Portman was like "Um what are you talking about, we're not in love we're pen pals"?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Scathach posted:

That's how it always is though. "I'm doing this for your own good!" It's a backhanded way of getting what they want-- to make someone else miserable and ruining their life-- and making the religious community look up to them for doing noble things for other people. Selfless, you see.

Yeah, but the bright side is that people who lie to themselves on this level also live miserable lives. You cannot do it without messing yourself up.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Tender Bender posted:

Didn't some writer guy basically do this with Natalie Portman because he fell in love with her through an email friendship, he left his wife to be with her and Natalie Portman was like "Um what are you talking about, we're not in love we're pen pals"?

Neil Gaiman and yeah, the reason she shot him down is because she got annoyed at how he keeps rewriting the same book and releasing it under different titles.

edit- so now he's living out the twilight of his career playing second fiddle to the most beloved circus-punk auteur of the modern millenium, so whompst is the joke on, really?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Tythas posted:

Going back to the two sisters fighting, I get the feeling Tim might have done something to the younger sister that is unforgiveable and she never told anyone

That's what I thought reading the update where the sister attacked him. Maybe she was assaulted or raped by this Tim and can't say anything. It's difficult to talk about one's abuse, especially to your own sister who might take your abuser's side. See also, generational incest / csa.

But at that point I would be writing fanfic for a two posts where we don't know anything about the sister and Tim and what really happened.

Crazy Sister should definitely seek therapy though, going hog wild violent is not normal or ok.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Renegret posted:

I just nailed a job interview. Soon I will go home and get thai food with my wife and snuggle up with my baby. I have the next 4 weeks off work.

There's some good vibes for you.

You escaped that hellhole?!?! Congrats!

CurvyGoonWife
Jun 12, 2018

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Neil Gaiman and yeah, the reason she shot him down is because she got annoyed at how he keeps rewriting the same book and releasing it under different titles.

edit- so now he's living out the twilight of his career playing second fiddle to the most beloved circus-punk auteur of the modern millenium, so whompst is the joke on, really?

No no. Jonathan Safran Foer. They are... not even remotely similar.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

It wasn’t Neil Gaiman, it was Jonathan Safran Foer, author of very lovely book Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

DogoDogo posted:

No no. Jonathan Safran Foer. They are... not even remotely similar.

Hilariously, googling "weird writer guy Natalie Portman" immediately pulls up a ton of info about this, including a new york times piece that pitches itself as an interesting look at the more recent correspondence between these two, as if it's noteworthy or important. The piece is mostly just a straight text dump of cringeworthy emails and is filled with photos of Natalie from various not-fully-clothed photoshoots.

It was written by Jonathan Safran Foer.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

And for a palette cleanser a story where we can unite and hate everyone:

Boyfriend (22m) and I (25f) are arguing about me openly wearing knockoff designer goods in public

quote:

I lived for a year in a city where it is very easy to find knockoff designer goods, and nice ones too. Even though the bag or shoes is fake, they're real leather and well constructed. Or even if the coat is a knockoff it's well tailored and a nice durable coat that will last for years. In that city, for every one person wearing real designer stuff, two were wearing knockoffs.

I lived in an area where it was very easy to find affordable tailoring services too, so I have quite a lot of my clothes custom tailored to flatter my body type.

I'm not ashamed of that. Sometimes I like the style of a piece but there's no way I'd spend 1000+ bucks on it. So I have some purses, shoes, coats, and miscellaneous clothes that are knockoffs of designer things. I don't go for stuff with big obvious branding, like bags stamped all over with monograms, I think those are tacky. If the stuff I buy has any faked labels at all, they're small and subtle. I don't buy stuff so I can pretend to afford Gucci, I just buy classic understated styles that I like but I don't want to spend thousands on. I want to look stylish without breaking the bank.

Anyway, now I live in a smaller Midwestern city with my boyfriend Daniel. We're both engineers, working at different companies but in the same general social circle because it's a small town. We often go out after work with our work friends. Sometimes his group, sometimes my group, sometimes both groups end up merging because there's one bar we all like a lot.

And on Thursday, we were out with a group of work friends from both of our offices. One of my boyfriend's coworkers was making jokes about how my boyfriend had probably blown his whole bonus on the handbag I was carrying, and that's why he was still dressed like a slob. (This guy knew what it was because he had apparently bought his girlfriend a real one)

My boyfriend said that I bought all my stuff on my own, he's no sucker.

And I felt like he was making me out to be some idiot who would spend thousands on a bag, so I said "No way I'd spent that either, I bought this off a dude in an alley in (old city), what kind of dumbass do you take me for!"

The group we were with laughed at that, and one of my friends from my job asked if all the nice stuff I wear is fake, and I said "gently caress yeah it is, I think it's ridiculous to drop thousands on something that's just priced for the name."

And my friend was surprised, he'd always thought fakes would look more fake and tacky, but I'd always been the best dressed person in the office. I made some joke about that being a low bar because of them all, and the topic was dropped.

I had the impression from that conversation that nobody was put off by what I said. It's a group of engineers tbh, practical types who probably respect NOT blowing your paycheck on designer poo poo more than they respect status symbols. One of my other coworkers actually told me later that he ought to take his wife to (my old city) to save some money on gifts for her!

But last night after we went home, my boyfriend told me that he was humiliated by how I bragged to everyone about all my bags and stuff were fake. And that he didn't want me wearing that stuff around him again because it'd be embarrassing being out with someone who everyone knows is wearing knockoffs.

I told him he was being silly, a bag's a bag, and if it looked cute back when only he and I knew it wasn't real... It still looks cute. And it still works fine for what it is.

Plus, something I've seen in life is that you don't have to be "sexy" or "stylish" in the conventional ways all the time. Doing what makes you happy and doing it with confidence is way sexier than doing everything by the book.

And he was obviously the only one who cared about status symbols, nobody else there was judging me.

When I said that, he told me I was being super socially oblivious.

I don't think I was but I guess there's no way to know that impartially...

So, can I have advice? I don't want to replace many of my clothes and accessories, but my boyfriend doesn't want me wearing them out in public now that the "secret" that they're fake is out.

tldr; I told a group of work friends that my designer bags and clothes are all fake. My boyfriend is very embarrassed, which I think is an overreaction because I'm not ashamed. How do I handle this in the future?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

The title says it all except for the baby three months into the relationship:

I (30F) am in an open relationship with my boyfriend (30M) who is bipolar and bisexual. Not sure how to cope.

quote:

I am trying to figure out if my relationship is sustainable or not, this is the first time I´m really opening up about it so apologies if it's a really long post.

My relationship is kind of amazing and awful at the same time. I met my boyfriend in an artistic warehouse where we lived with a bunch of people. We became good friends, moved out together and hooked up. I feel, in retrospect, that the attraction was largely from me, and I certainly made all the moves. I fell pregnant after three months of going out. He wanted me to have an abortion, but I couldn't go through with it. I decided to keep the baby, and after about six months he decided to stay with me. We have had a rollercoaster "romance". In some ways, we seem the ideal couple. We have a beautiful and happy baby girl, he transformed into a wonderful father and dotes on her like I have never seen. As a person he is perfect: compassionate, brilliantly funny, free-spirited and fun. As a father he's flawless.

As a boyfriend, I feel like I need so much more. He is bisexual and he is never going to be as physically attracted to me as I am to him. Sex has always been a hugely divisive issue for us. I have a much higher sex drive (and am highly attracted to him). We decided early on in our relationship to keep things open, so that I could find crazy sex elsewhere and he could sleep with men if he needed. But the whole way through my pregnancy the hormones gave me such a high sex drive it was unbearable, and the thought of becoming a father seemed to kill his altogether. He argued it was wrong of me to put pressure on him to have sex with me when he didn't want to (and imagine the reverse) and I pointed that (neither) of us were comfortable my having sex with other men while carrying his baby, so it kind of fell on him.

Anyway, of course I never wanted him to reluctantly have sex with me, but it did get me down. Now we have a baby and I have less drive and absolutely zero time to be "open". Also, I have never been that comfortable with the idea of an open relationship. I love the idea, you're both free, it's "just sex" etc etc. At heart I'm more of an old school romantic, I think I went along and forced myself on board because I liked him so much. Now we have a baby together, and I feel trapped and sidelined. He is so affectionate with our baby, but not with me. He hates kissing (finds it gross) and we haven't kissed in over a year.

I have tried to communicate all of this with him. He actually pointed out that from his perspective it's also hard, being with someone who is attracted to him more than he to them. I couldn't believe he asked me for sympathy that he isn't as attracted to me (can I point out here that I am not a troll, I have always had lots of compliments, people told me I should be a model, but always suffered from extremely low self esteem). He also says that is the whole point of our being in an open relationship, that I can go elsewhere for my physical needs. He loves me in every other way. But he also balks at the idea of taking our baby for a night. He argues it would be cruel for me to leave her at night, as she is so used to me. This is because I have done all the nights for nearly a year and a half.

With his bipolar disorder though, it's crucial for his mental health he gets enough sleep. So I feel like I have to. We live in a foreign country with no family or support. I don't have time to meet friends and talk, I can't afford therapy. I am unhappy in my relationship (even though in some ways it is truly amazing, it's like being with your best friend), and I don't know what to do.

To complicate matters even more, he suffers from terrible anxiety, so we never travel and barely leave our neighbourhood at weekends. He hates flying so has never visited my home. I love to travel and be spontaneous, and while I am free of course to do so, I can't face going solo with a toddler.

On the plus side: he is wonderfully funny, a best friend, incredible father, a breath of fresh air and I do love him. He has compromised for me many times. He is patient with my ups and downs and always puts things in perspective when I get worried/stressed or find being a mother tough.

On the negative side: We have hardly any sex life, his energy levels will never match mine. He will maybe never see where i come from or hang out with my friends. He is a kickass debater, and I always end up ceding (and often apologising) when we bring these issues up. I feel unappreciated and underloved, and SO PATHETIC for even thinking of asking him to recognise me (changed hair colour, he didn't notice) or my actions. Feel at once petty and pathetic and I just don't know what to do.

TLDR: In an open relationship with bisexual boyfriend and struggling to cope.