Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
It kills me that Trump and his base, with regard to the sanctuary city thing, sees holding people who offer a good deed to their word, as some sort of punishment.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Apr 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

KickerOfMice posted:

I can confirm, just as the wall is already being built, ravenous illegal alien criminals have been unleashed all over the city of Pittsburgh, just as our mayor asked. The streets are now paved with drugs.

There is almost nothing left here. :ohdear:

I don't even live in a sanctuary jurisdiction and I saw two taco trucks the other day.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

https://twitter.com/JustinElliott/status/1121787277921927168

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Why do they even have that page, then?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Good god turbotax is loving trash.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Silver Nitrate posted:

Didn’t the legislature threaten to defund the judiciary over the school thing?

Yes they did, and legislature actually wrote that into a bill as a poison pill and the courts still rejected it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article51272475.html

Spoilers : the legislation didn't follow through with defunding the courts and looked like massive tools.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I don't even live in a sanctuary jurisdiction and I saw two taco trucks the other day.

Now I'm imagining a FURY ROAD style fleet of cobbled together taco trucks with a guy strapped to the vanguard, the truck spouting flames, riffing mariachi hard as hell, come to take over our cities.

:rock:

Because I just imagined that, Steven Miller just shivered and did not know why. :smuggo:

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Apr 26, 2019

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
A large financial institution did something scummy to screw over poor people?

Well I never! (monocle flies off)

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Like, seriously, I am in awe. That dissent is a stunning display of just how far up their own rear end an originalist can get. It seriously tries, across many dozens of pages, to argue that the majority has defied the foundational principles of the state, making specific reference to the protections of bodily autonomy that were meant to bar the horrors of chattel slavery, by throwing out an anti-abortion law.

eviltastic fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 26, 2019

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

KickerOfMice posted:

I can confirm, just as the wall is already being built, ravenous illegal alien criminals have been unleashed all over the city of Pittsburgh, just as our mayor asked. The streets are now paved with drugs.

There is almost nothing left here. :ohdear:

A lone, tattered Terrible Towel drifts down the drug-paved street, driven by the taco-scented wind.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

theflyingorc posted:

IIRC, the agreement they reached with the IRS is that the IRS wouldn't provide free online filing as long as tax preparation companies made it available on their sites. Having the service available but hiding it from casual searches is a pretty no-brainer loophole.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Skex posted:

One of the only anti-vaxers I know personally (Parents of one of my daughter's friends) sports an Feel the Berne sticker on their cars and are full on lefties save for the positions on vaccines and fluoridated water. The mother actually posted on FB that nothing would convince her that vaccination was a good idea. So no they aren't all going to vote for Biden. Stupidity is bipartisan it's just that the right tends to be more attractive to stupid people in that it embraces them.

I always said that anti-vax was a perfect storm of misinformation - it had enough "natural living" anti-big-business to snag in the left wing, and anti-science/healthcare to pull in the right wing. Add to that the "must protect my children" instinct and you have a brain-worm that isn't going to be removed easily.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

There is a non-profit they are apart of called Free File Alliance that has partnered with the IRS to offer free filings to those at certain income levels as a way to save the IRS money by doing some of the work for them. I believe by offering this service they get a kickback from the government and also the IRS no longer offers the service themselves since they have this third party group to handle it. So by making the page hard to find they can both collect the kick back for offering it and collect fees on their own as well with out these people being able to go anywhere else for free online filing. Double profit!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

theflyingorc posted:

This is the digital equivalent of the basement locked filing cabinet beware of the leopard trick.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

They are required to have it as a member of the IRS-sponsored “Free File Alliance”, but they make it impossible to find so they can direct filers to confusingly-named “free” products that charge for state taxes. Basically they use their free program as advertising and to upsell premium products. 70% of filers are eligible to use Free File, but only 3% of eligible filers actually end up using it.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 26, 2019

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

DrNutt posted:

Nah there's plenty of soccer mom libs out there pushing anti-vax poo poo too, there is literally nowhere on the political spectrum that is safe from this issue.

They are smug pieces of poo poo as well. "Can you even NAME FIVE INGREDIENTS in a VACCINE?!!!!?!" and "I've DONE MY RESEARCH AND SO SHOULD YOU" are pretty common refrains.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Stickman posted:

They are required to have it as a member of the IRS-sponsored “Free File Alliance”, but they make it impossible to find so they can direct filers to confusingly-named “free” products that charge for state taxes. Basically they use their free program as advertising and to upsell premium products. 70% of filers are eligible to use Free File, but only 3% actually end up using it.

Can't find out that your home buyer interest deduction is useless if you don't pay them first

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

stillvisions posted:

I always said that anti-vax was a perfect storm of misinformation - it had enough "natural living" anti-big-business to snag in the left wing, and anti-science/healthcare to pull in the right wing. Add to that the "must protect my children" instinct and you have a brain-worm that isn't going to be removed easily.

There's also the reality that autism seems essentially unknown throughout history and it's all over the place now, we didn't use to have vaccines and we do now, for many people correlation is causation.

Also, people don't want to feel responsible. If autism is caused not by genes but by vaccines, then it's someone else's fault.

Almosthere
Mar 9, 2006

haveblue posted:

This is the digital equivalent of the basement locked filing cabinet beware of the leopard trick.

But the plan's were on display.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Nevvy Z posted:

Can't find out that your home buyer interest deduction is useless if you don't pay them first

Yeah, I amazed that a Bush program in which private corporations would voluntarily offer an unsubsidized “free” product doesn’t work in the best interest of the public!

And they have the gall to call the Democrats the party of “free stuff”.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Nevvy Z posted:

You can back out after upgrading, it just makes you tediously do the entire thing over from scratch.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

A large financial institution did something scummy to screw over poor people?

Well I never! (monocle flies off)

Software company :eng101:

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Ringo Star Get posted:

Sorry but it should be Lee, Sherman, Chamberlain, Grant, and Stuart.

Lee wasn't even that good. Engaging at Gettysburg at all was a ridiculously bad move.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

kidkissinger posted:

Lee wasn't even that good. Engaging at Gettysburg at all was a ridiculously bad move.
And McClellan deserves a nod for being a masterful logistician even if he wasn't a good field commander.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

kidkissinger posted:

Most of the critical analysis of Lee as a general I've read suggests he would've been an excellent Napoleonic general, but the civil war was not a Napoleonic war, and he never adjusted to the new realities and simply continued to ride about trying to fight a war of maneuver.

In other words, in addition to being a traitor and massive piece of poo poo, he was actually a terrible general.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Oh cool, I'm not entirely sure but my wife and I might have qualified for the free state returns.
Cool! Very cool! gently caress these assholes.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Weird how in Canada I've never had any issues with Turbotax. I double check all the info they pull from the CRA, correct the mistakes, take note of the refund I'm getting and 2 weeks later after I filed I get it. I think basically the only reason I use TT is to see an estimate of my refund.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1121832577785040903

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

pseudanonymous posted:

There's also the reality that autism seems essentially unknown throughout history and it's all over the place now, we didn't use to have vaccines and we do now, for many people correlation is causation.

Also, people don't want to feel responsible. If autism is caused not by genes but by vaccines, then it's someone else's fault.
That's a, uh... well that's a generous view of non-modern psychiatric care.

People with autism have been recorded for centuries, they just called them feeble minded or blamed the mother for being too/not caring.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/brianschatz/status/1121836040380010496

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1121830234280452096

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/1121825518964346880

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1121788261184212992

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Is this Fornite?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Push El Burrito posted:

Is this Fornite?

Little known history fact: Once Lee had surrendered at Appomatox, Gen. Grant proceeded to 'floss on these haters' with a confederate flag betwixt his buttocks.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Tibalt posted:

People with autism have been recorded for centuries, they just called them feeble minded or blamed the mother for being too/not caring.

I think one of the causes of many modern social maladies is a rewriting of the past. Nobody dies in Game of Thrones of diseases that I can recall, on guy coughs to death, and another guy gets a magic stone disease, but kids aren't dying from the measles or the sweating sickness. You don't see that stuff in Tolkien or I'd guess Vikings.

People have this rosy view of the past foisted on them that allows them to discount the benefits of modern medicine, and by extension, science.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/dappergander/status/1121237715796877312

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Tibalt posted:

As the parent of an autistic child I just wanted to point out that the bold portion hasn't changed.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

pseudanonymous posted:

I think one of the causes of many modern social maladies is a rewriting of the past. Nobody dies in Game of Thrones of diseases that I can recall, on guy coughs to death, and another guy gets a magic stone disease, but kids aren't dying from the measles or the sweating sickness. You don't see that stuff in Tolkien or I'd guess Vikings.

People have this rosy view of the past foisted on them that allows them to discount the benefits of modern medicine, and by extension, science.

This is a good point, and not to get all :actually: on you, but :actually: fantasy leprosy is a pretty big plot point in GoT

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

This is a good point, and not to get all :actually: on you, but :actually: fantasy leprosy is a pretty big plot point in GoT

Yeah, I said, magic stone disease. But he doesn't die from it, does he?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

pseudanonymous posted:

No. The girl doesn't either. They do visit a leper colony though.

Sorry, I'm not disagreeing with your point at all. Fantasy is sanitized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

pseudanonymous posted:

he sir friend zone only has it in the show and they dig up a magic cure from the fancy college library