Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

AITA for dismantling the bed and taking it elsewhere rather than sleep on the couch? posted:

This happened over the past few hours. So my wife and I started bickering because I forgot to buy her favorite kind of ice cream both times I went grocery shopping this month. I told her I'd go out and get some but she started yelling at me. She works a really stressful job so I just figured it was that.

She didn't want me to go and make a trip to the store just for the ice cream where our local food store is about an hour and a half away (living in a rural place sucks). I insisted, she said no, I said I wouldn't worry about it then. She got mad and said she would go get it and that I could sleep on the couch. I told her "I'll be godamned, I bought the bed and if you have a problem, you can sleep on the couch". She countered with the fact that her name is on the lease so it's her roof and I wouldn't be sleeping on the bed under her roof.

by this point it's escalated pretty bad just because of a childish quarrel. But I decided to take it a bit further. While she was gone, I took apart the entire bed and drove it to my friends house.

I'm currently laying in it and I'm about to turn my phone off to avoid the oncoming storm.
You need to stay with this person. Nobody else should have to put up with either of you.

Admire the escalation though. It's like an Evil Pete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Moving a bed is not the work of a moment. Gotta admire the ability to keep up the rage steam long enough to see it through.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That is one of the funniest goddamn things I’ve read in this thread, holy poo poo.

EDIT: Like, what the hell did he say to his friend when he showed up at his front door holding pieces of a queen-sized bed?

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Pope Corky the IX posted:

That is one of the funniest goddamn things I’ve read in this thread, holy poo poo.

EDIT: Like, what the hell did he say to his friend when he showed up at his front door holding pieces of a queen-sized bed?

I feel like a true friend would just raise an eyebrow, hold the door open and then crack open a few beers.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
in my entire life I've never seen a situation where a person didn't have a lovely relationship without their friends knowing more or less immediately. You're often blind because you're getting laid or in love, but your friends know right away. The dude's friend probably saw this from a mile away.

Mom hosed my Boyfriend: Your boyfriend is gross, but your mom is a predator. :sever:

Paper Towels: You married an infant :sever:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

ad090 posted:

they didn't seem to care and just went back to looking on their phones.

I love this little passive aggressive detail.

OP is desperate to make it seem like she's the only one trying and be the good guy for forcing a lifestyle change on her kids who want nothing to do with her. But she's desperate to get the last word in and go KIDS THESE DAYS.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
lol have any true New Mexicans opined, I sent the thread to a friend who grew up in New Mexico and lives on the east coast now

She’s not the rear end in a top hat, the other person is. NM is super unique and you don’t get it unless you lived there. The people, culture, everything is unique even down to the “southwestern art” we assumed as stereotypical of NM artists.
No ones going to understand what Christmas is unless you sit down at a table in NM and people ask about bisconchitos at Christmas time and green chile stew in the fall and fry bread. It’s something unique
You can’t lie about something like that and still think it’s “lol cool”

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for forwarding a cease and desist letter sent from my ex-wife's attorney to the recipients of the letter?

Lol, that letter wasn't sent by her, or any, attorney. This is r/prorevenge with a sprinkling of r/maliciouscompliance.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Pinecone Sample posted:

lol have any true New Mexicans opined, I sent the thread to a friend who grew up in New Mexico and lives on the east coast now

She’s not the rear end in a top hat, the other person is. NM is super unique and you don’t get it unless you lived there. The people, culture, everything is unique even down to the “southwestern art” we assumed as stereotypical of NM artists.
No ones going to understand what Christmas is unless you sit down at a table in NM and people ask about bisconchitos at Christmas time and green chile stew in the fall and fry bread. It’s something unique

please don't doxx reddit posters in this thread

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

charity rereg posted:

Seafood isn't unique to New England or even the US. You can get excellent food in New England, no cuisine from here is good or flavorful. New England didn't invent fish.
New England has been the nucleus of the US for so long that the best of its cuisine is now continent-wide and "just food." Do you like hamburgers? American pizza? Popcorn? Turkey? Rum? Pumpkin spice anything? Subs/grinders/heros? Maple syrup? Boston cream pies or donuts? Cookies?

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Miserable Maid posted:

Yeah, the way she latched on so hardcore to veganism gives a lot of credit to the idea the divorce was drug addiction related.

Usually the only way people like that can kick the habit is replacing it with being addicted to something "good" instead, like religion or diet

I'm pretty sure I pissed off reddit with telling them about how religion was a literal mind infection. That was fun, trolling /r/atheism with even harder atheism while drunk.

Veganism is just stupid. I get the whole "not eating meat" stuff, it's cheaper, and maybe healthier to be vegetarian, at least now that we have various sources of plant protein. But vegans can be fanatics. I wonder if any one of them has even looked after a chicken. Or spent a week on a dairy farm getting up well before dawn to milk the cows.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

IronClaymore posted:

I'm pretty sure I pissed off reddit with telling them about how religion was a literal mind infection. That was fun, trolling /r/atheism with even harder atheism while drunk.

Wow how cool and edgy.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

therobit posted:

Wow how cool and edgy.

I was blackout drunk! Cut me some credit. I only woke up 2 days later.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Pinecone Sample posted:

stolen NM valour

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pinecone Sample posted:

The aliens really did a number on em.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

It really comes down to whether you prefer New Mexico purity or blowjobs

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Anal probing doesn't count, right?

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Anne Whateley posted:

New England has been the nucleus of the US for so long that the best of its cuisine is now continent-wide and "just food." Do you like hamburgers? American pizza? Popcorn? Turkey? Rum? Pumpkin spice anything? Subs/grinders/heros? Maple syrup? Boston cream pies or donuts? Cookies?

Im really not sure what to make of "a big sandwich is new england cuisine" tbh. When you think "regional cuisine: pizza" you think chicago or NY not new england.

Rum... was not invented in new england. The first "street pizza" shop in the US was also in NY, and it prob came over with italian immigrants. There's a lot to unpack here.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Clark Nova posted:

It really comes down to whether you prefer New Mexico purity blowjobs or free blowjobs

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

charity rereg posted:

Im really not sure what to make of "a big sandwich is new england cuisine" tbh.

The Italian sandwich originated in several different Italian American communities in the Northeastern United States from the late 19th to mid-20th centuries. Portland, Maine, claims to be the birthplace of the Italian sandwich and it is considered Maine's signature sandwich.

Or do you think it doesn't count because it was made by Italian immigrants like pizza was and apparently immigrants don't count as part of the region where they settle or something???

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Just LoL if you think anything besides Manhattan, DC, or Hollywood is the nerve cluster of the US of A. Literally no one on Earth cares what happens in Rhode Island or Vermont or Connecticut or Massachusetts at loving all. You are the flyover states between us and parts of Canada.

Like Wooooohooo Boston, go Celtics, you got a foot race and some robot dogs big whoop

Yes we settled there originally and as a result many customs matriculated south and west but are now so far removed from modern New England that they could easily be different countries at this point.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

charity rereg posted:

NY not new england.
York is in England, so obviously New York must be in New England.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

Just LoL if you think anything besides Manhattan, DC, or Hollywood is the nerve cluster of the US of A.

:thunk:

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
pizza = invented by immigrants therefore belongs to the place the immigrants originally came from
everything else new england ever did = tradition moved to other places so it no longer belongs to the place it originally came from

i mean ok, just that's stupid

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

York is in England, so obviously New York must be in New England.

I'm as pro-Monarchist as the next colonial peasant, but I would definitely sell my own soul for New York food before Yorkshire food.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Like I know there's probably a lot more going on in New Mexico but I just like alien jokes, and maybe Half-Life ones to taste.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I do enjoy how about 50% of the dishes Americans claim and get obsessed over are just sandwiches. I can't wait until some crappy town in the middle of Minnesota starts claiming to have invented the prawn cocktail crisp sandwich, and is the only place you can get one made "right."

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

IronClaymore posted:

I'm as pro-Monarchist as the next colonial peasant, but I would definitely sell my own soul for New York food before Yorkshire food.

Eh... No scotch eggs in New York

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Yeah, Chicago is the true progenitor of American culture.

Or was, it's northern California now, but a bunch of transplants creating websites that kill jobs isn't culture.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Sunswipe posted:

I do enjoy how about 50% of the dishes Americans claim and get obsessed over are just sandwiches. I can't wait until some crappy town in the middle of Minnesota starts claiming to have invented the prawn cocktail crisp sandwich, and is the only place you can get one made "right."

Sounds like a shrimp po'boy.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Sunswipe posted:

Americans don't have prawn cocktail as a standard crisp flavour op. Or cheese and onion. Truly they are a savage race

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

InediblePenguin posted:

The Italian sandwich originated in several different Italian American communities in the Northeastern United States from the late 19th to mid-20th centuries. Portland, Maine, claims to be the birthplace of the Italian sandwich and it is considered Maine's signature sandwich.

Or do you think it doesn't count because it was made by Italian immigrants like pizza was and apparently immigrants don't count as part of the region where they settle or something???

well pizza is from new york which isn't part of new england. but i did not know that about the italian sandwich, which is delicious, and i will add that into the "good new england cuisine" category.

i also like baked beans, but if you enjoy Foods of the World its not exactly news that Puritan new england is not flavor country. New England clam chowder is bland as poo poo too. Shephard's pie is delicious, but bland. Turkey is bland as poo poo, tons of people dont like turkey.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Guillotines for:
-Predator mom
-Paper towel baby boy

Reeducation Camp for:
-Boyfriend who banged the mom. I thought about putting him in the guillotine category, but the fact that he felt bad and came clean saves his neck. She should still dump his rear end though.

High Five for:
-Bed moving guy. I'm sure he's trash, but lmao, this is absolutely a win and deserves to be celebrated.

Hellblazer187 fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 27, 2019

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

The New Mexico club one is also a huge lmao. I'm guessing if she went to the club saying "hey I'm not from New Mexico but this food looks good and I'm interested in learning" they'd all have been OK with it. But lying about your origins so you can blow a guy is hilarious, and the reaction from club organizers is also hilarious.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

charity rereg posted:

Shephard's pie is delicious, but bland.

Absolutely lol if you're trying to claim this as American. You lot can't even make it right half the time, you use lamb mince, hence the name!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Pinecone Sample posted:

Yeah, Chicago is the true progenitor of American culture.

Or was, it's northern California now, but a bunch of transplants creating websites that kill jobs isn't culture.

i'm a fuckin Chicago fanboy(god i hope i end up living there again :pray:) and i would def rank it in top 3 cities of like, American culture? idk i've never really thought about the rankings before, i feel like depending on the metric it varies quite wildly

like, american weed culture? Denver or San Fran prob? american pizza culture? NY/Chicago and maybe STL just cause they assert that it's a legit pizza style(it is i love all pizzas and they are good don't @ me).

:shrug: just my dumb two cents

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

La Brea Carpet posted:

I feel like a true friend would just raise an eyebrow, hold the door open and then crack open a few beers.

I had that once when a friend knocked on my door at 2 in the morning with a fridge stuffed with clothes.

Nothing you can do except say, "Come in, I'll put the kettle on. Talk when you're ready."

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Johnny Truant posted:

i'm a fuckin Chicago fanboy(god i hope i end up living there again :pray:) and i would def rank it in top 3 cities of like, American culture? idk i've never really thought about the rankings before, i feel like depending on the metric it varies quite wildly

like, american weed culture? Denver or San Fran prob? american pizza culture? NY/Chicago and maybe STL just cause they assert that it's a legit pizza style(it is i love all pizzas and they are good don't @ me).

:shrug: just my dumb two cents

So much that is quintessentially American went into Chicago as raw materials on a train and was distributed nationwide by mail.

New York, DC, and Los Angeles each represent aspects of American culture exported to the world, but Chicago made "American" for Americans. Bust Rodd leaving it out was some bicoastal elitism poo poo.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
All anyone on the coast knows about Chicago is that you watch sports to drown out the sounds of gun violence and we all make fun of your pizza because you make it wrong.

Also I guess lots of really great music and comedy comes from there, but the only reason I know that is because those people move away from Chicago to come to LA and NYC. It’s not coastal elitism, it’s common sense.

these are jokes. Boise, Idaho and Deluthe, Minnesota are just as American as Times Square, Hollywood, and the Grand Canyon, this conversation is geo-tribalism and stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

charity rereg posted:

Seafood isn't unique to New England or even the US. You can get excellent food in New England, no cuisine from here is good or flavorful. New England didn't invent fish.

lol
"Grilled meats aren't unique to Greece. Greece didn't invent meat." gonna go try that one out brb

charity rereg posted:

Im really not sure what to make of "a big sandwich is new england cuisine" tbh. When you think "regional cuisine: pizza" you think chicago or NY not new england.

Yes this is what you think when you're not from the region and think it's full of WASPs wearing sweaters and maybe some Irish people. And aren't aware that CT and RI are stuffed full of Italians.

lol chicago

Grape fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Apr 27, 2019