Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I know enough to know you can't just say you are known for something because you live next to people who actually are known for it. I wouldn't say that Dallas is known for creole, and if I did you can call me out even if you're not from here.

Distance from Dallas to New Orleans: 505 miles
Distance from NYC to New Haven, CT: 80 miles

HoAssHo fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

It doesn't really change the fact that no one thinks of New England when they think of pizza.
Right, that was exactly my point when I said

Anne Whateley posted:

New England has been the nucleus of the US for so long that the best of its cuisine is now continent-wide and "just food."

quote:

Even if everyone in New England does (which I also kind of doubt).
Sally's vs. Pepe's is a weirdly big deal

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

PetraCore posted:

So like, Tex-mex the bastardized fusion food, not really, but I suppose there really is Texas-Mexican culture.
There's both. Tejano culture is absolutely a thing; there are many places in Texas that often don't feel much like America at all, and the food is fusion, but it's fusion in the same way that Vietnamese food, with its crepes and baguettes and nuclear coffee, is fusion. It's syncretism that emerged over a very long time. Imagine my ignorant-rear end surprise when I, a native Californian, first went to a tiny Texan taco shack owned and run by Tejanos and was served deep-fried hard-shell tacos.

quote:

EDIT: According to one of my friends in California the racism against latin@s can get pretty intense as an overcompensation for the fact that where they live literally used to just be Mexico, but it's not something I know much about personally, just something I'm taking the word of my latino friend on.
There's also a huge amount of racism against recent-immigrant Mexicans and especially non-Mexican Central Americans carried by Chicanos whose families have been here since the Cambrian explosion. Latinx culture in California is incredibly complicated.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
When we consider the native cuisine of New England, most immediately think of feces.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

gently caress Your Website posted:

When we consider the native cuisine of New England, most immediately think of feces.

lol

I work in tribal government on a reservation. I guess you could argue some of the food I've eaten there is the true native cuisine of New England.

:thunk:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tiny Bug Child posted:

My friend keeps eating feces, pooping his pants to prepare for an overseas trip - I'm worried
submitted 42 minutes ago by cherry-mack

The funny thing about this is the very calm, matter-of-fact way the OP doles out exposition on the situation.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol absolutely not the rear end in a top hat, anyone trying to intimidate someone with the threat of bullshit lawsuits deserves maximum retaliation

Maximum retaliation would be also sending this letter back to the attorney who's letterhead it is supposedly on.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Motronic posted:

Maximum retaliation would be also sending this letter back to the attorney who's letterhead it is supposedly on.

"I feel that you should be aware that some rear end in a top hat is signing your name to stupid letters"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
stfu about food or new england or whatever the current derail is

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I think my favorite bit about rear end in a top hat dad is:

Midnight Voyager posted:

quote:

she thought this girl that she just met was having sex with her son in her bathroom. I knew they weren't because I could hear them laughing and talking but I told them not to do it again so it wouldn't make my wife uncomfortable.
That just tells you so much about the man. "People communicating and enjoying themselves? Welp, can't be having sex."

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
AITA for grounding my daughter for a year for a punishment?

quote:

EDIT please read the whole thing, or at least the part where we indicate that we only punished her for a WEEKEND at first. She went behind our backs; hence the more drastic punishment.

My daughter is 14, and has been talking to a guy for about a month. She can’t stop talking about him and I think it’s cute that she’s finally getting into boys. She made a remark on how he invited her to her graduation, which ranged alarm bells in my head. I always assumed he was her age, but she casually admits that he’s 18 and a senior.

I might’ve overreacted in the heat of the moment, but I told her that her relationship was NOT appropriate and to give me her phone. I opened up her texts to find a LOT of flirty talk and inappropriate pictures. I could’ve maybe justified it to myself if it was just two teens being lovey-dovey, but what she was doing is NOT acceptable.

So, I texted his number, told him I have screenshots of his entire conversations he’s had, and if he texts her one more time, I will go to the police. I kept my daughter’s phone and told her that I love her, and that I’m sorry, but she’s not in an age-appropriate relationship and that she’s grounded for the weekend. We had a talk about age appropriateness and she seemed understanding.

This was two days ago and my daughter was surprisingly VERY calm about this and I had a huge horrible feeling about it. So I know I shouldn’t have, but I logged into her Facebook, and found out she’s been texting him since saying “I love you” and “next time, we can just talk on Snapchat”. I was furious. I took her phone permanently, took her laptop, TV. If she wants to do homework, she can do it on my computer, and my husband installed a keylogger and parental controls so we know exactly what websites she’s visiting. She’s grounded for the rest of the year, her allowance is taken away, and she can no longer go to the huge beach trip to Italy we’ve been planning (she earned it for getting straight As last semester). I told her she disrespected us, this is a huge issue, and the fact that she’s not seeing as so is a huge problem. She’s been crying and pleading that she’ll stop talking to him but I told her no, she’s broke our trust, and actions have consequences.

My hubby thinks it’s an appropriate punishment. My friends, though, are saying we’re going too far and that she’s just a kid. Right now I’m seeing red and can’t see if I’m being unreasonable. AITA for the way we handled the situation?

TLDR - AITA for grounding our 14 year old daughter for a year after ignoring our initial punishment and continuing to talk to an 18 year old?

Also edit: I forgot I also wanted to ask as a sidenote: WIBTA for reporting the guy she was talking to the police?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

ad090 posted:

AITA for grounding my daughter for a year for a punishment?

NTA. I would've involved police already though.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Maybe they should've told her ahead of time how catastrophic the consequences would be if she defied them on this.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

If you tell your kid they’re grounded for an entire year and make a huge deal about it you should actually be willing to follow through on that otherwise you just look like you’re full of hot air. I doubt the daughter’s punishment is going to last anywhere near that long.

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

“This relationship isn’t healthy because you’re too young to consent and vulnerable to exploitation. Also, we’re going to punish you like you’re an adult with full agency.”

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

ParserGirl posted:

“This relationship isn’t healthy because you’re too young to consent and vulnerable to exploitation. Also, we’re going to punish you like you’re an adult with full agency.”

They're not punishing her, they're trying to keep their daughter as far away as possible from someone who, in an ideal world, would know better than to go after a loving kid.

How is this not right?

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Bronze Fonz posted:

They're not punishing her, they're trying to keep their daughter as far away as possible from someone who, in an ideal world, would know better than to go after a loving kid.

How is this not right?

They're losing their minds because she disrespected them. She got straight A's last semester. She's probably a good kid who is testing boundaries for the first time and her parents have somehow completely forgotten what it's like to be a 14 year-old.

quote:

I told her she disrespected us, this is a huge issue, and the fact that she’s not seeing as so is a huge problem. She’s been crying and pleading that she’ll stop talking to him but I told her no, she’s broke our trust, and actions have consequences.

My hubby thinks it’s an appropriate punishment. My friends, though, are saying we’re going too far and that she’s just a kid. Right now I’m seeing red and can’t see if I’m being unreasonable.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Bronze Fonz posted:

How is this not right?

of course they're punishing her. what is taking away her tv and allowance for a year and not letting her go on her previously earned trip to Italy if not punishment? those parts don't have anything to do with keeping her safe and away from a predator, the parents are just pissed that she went behind their backs and lied to them.

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
this is absolute bullshit nonsense you possessive fucks

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

My (27m) boyfriend (32m) is upset he spends more money when I'm around.

quote:

First off- we have been together just over six years and things were going well. So I'm feeling extra hurt over this, because when he said we needed to talk I thought it was something like "are you ready for marriage" etc. So I'm feeling pretty upset and maybe a little angry, too. We have lived together for five years. I financially supported us for a year and a half of it while he was unemployed due to depression, and he is only working again because I handed him a job with my company. (That being said he excelled as a worker and worked his way up the ranks quickly- we now have the same job at different locations.)

So anyway. He said we needed to talk and we figured out when we'd both be home and scheduled it. I know that's weird but yeah. We scheduled a time to have a long serious talk. Everything was normal the days leading up so I assumed it was going to be a good talk.

Well, I went out of state recently for a family wake. I was gone about a week and a half. Apparently, he spent less money on food than when I'm here.

So, I LOVE to cook. I cook three to four nights a week and I'm really, really good at making cheap, good food. And we have leftovers for lunch and we usually skip breakfast. Cooking is almost a hobby for me. The other nights we usually eat out, but he pays. I'm not going to lie we don't always get cheap food- we have a few really good places around (Greek, Chinese, real NY pizza, sushi.....) but we also hit up taco Bell and do dollar menu items. But if I say "I don't feel like cooking tonight, should we get gyros or something?" 99% of the time he says yes and we get gyros.

So yeah... I do sometimes suggest more expensive food, but he's also said before that he was craving Kraft so we ran to the store and got a few boxes instead. Like, I'm not a food snob. I just don't wanna make chili or set the Crock-Pot or make a spaghetti sauce every single night when he could cook too. But I don't think I've ever once seen him cook unless Kraft counts.

Anyway he's upset with me for wasting his money. While I was gone he ordered exclusively dollar menu stuff (didn't cook ONCE) and ate our freezer meals but still spent less than while I'm home. I told him I was sorry and that I'd suggest cheaper stuff, no worries.

But I'm really hurt. I cook three to four days a week, pack us lunches. The other day I roasted a chicken, made bone broth, then made a chicken soup, and chicken frozen burritos, and there's leftover chicken for enchiladas this week. He's harping on less than I spend on our groceries (I just realized I'm still paying for all our groceries even though he's employed now.... Tho he gets the fast food so idk how annoyed by this I am)

Idk. I'm trying to sort out my feelings. He made it out like I'm costing him money, when all he had to do was speak up, or suggest our frozen burritos, or whatever. It's not like there isn't food at home, he just won't prepare things himself so it's kinda come to if I'm not cooking then fast food it is.

But he "scheduled a talk" to tell me I cost him money, when I do so much. Not only that, but right after I got back from the wake of the aunt who lived next door to me and babysat me for eight years. I'm really loving hurt. Am I overreacting because I've got so much personal poo poo going on? I'm not looking to break up, but I feel so dejected. I do so much. I do the cooking. I do the dishes. He just has to pay for food a few days a week and could have easily lightly suggested we get something cheaper instead of having a BIG TALK less than a week after I got back.

TL;DR Boyfriend "scheduled a talk" to tell me he spends too much on food when I JUST got back from the wake of the aunt I was super close to. Am I wrong to be super hurt? How do I access this?

Dump your cheapskate boyfriend and consider dating me. My only redeeming quality is that i will never tell you that you are overspending on homecooked meals.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

My(37m) wife(39f) just told me that she initially faked love when we were dating me only for the money and admitted to cheating on me. But she claims that she fell in love with me after we got married. I need some advice here.

quote:

My wife and I have been married for 8 years and we dated for a long time before that. I own my family business ( fashion and jewellery ). We have 2 daughters.

First off, I'll be honest with you guys. I'm not an attractive person. I look average at best. I don't have a chiselled body, but I'm fit. My wife is really beautiful and I always wondered what she saw in me. I was bald at 19, so I hope you guys get the picture.

When I was in my twenties, I was very awkward and introverted. I didn't date many girls, because no one was interested in me. I met my wife in college. We had similar interests and I fell in love with her. I asked her out and she said yes. I was on cloud nine. And we never looked back.

Yesterday was our anniversary. We had a small celebratiion. When we were about to sleep, my wife started crying. I was really worried because I did not understand why. She hugged me and told me that she wanted to confess something. She ended up telling me that she faked her love for me when we were dating. She also told me that she cheated on me when we were dating. But she fell in love with me a couple of years after we got married. She told me that she really matured at that time and realised that I was the mist important person in her life. She also claims that she never cheated on me once we got married. She told me because she really felt guilty. She told me that she would do everything to make it up.

I was really devastated. I always kind of wondered what she saw in me. And I think I have my answer now. I'm broken. I also know that I only know this because she confessed. I don't know what to do and I need help moving past this. Can you guys help me with some advice?

Edit: Thank you guys. I have decided that I'll do a paternity test and make my decision based on the outcome.

Edit2: Also, I've asked her to move out till the paternity tests are out.

Edit3: Though she fell in love with me now, I think I've fallen out of love now. I think I'm done with this relationship. Thank you guys. I gotta work, so I won't be replying anymore. Once again, thank you for listening to me.

I'll take "Secrets You Should Take To The Grave At All Costs" for $400, Alex

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

She's going to go behind their back to talk to a pedo/potential rapist. A lot of girls run off with older boyfriends or get raped or worse and they're trying to stop that. It's not like this is a year difference. It's a middle school kid with an adult. They wouldn't even be in the same school together to meet so it's not some naturally occurring relationship that happened during class. Daughter probably needs to be told exactly why they're doing it, though, and dad there should be talking to the cops so at least the pedo is on their radar.

Hell, maybe having the daughter hear some horror stories from female cop would help. She definitely should be grounded from having a phone/internet for a while though, except for school stuff which is almost done with for summer anyway. The daughter keeps doing this and they're going to have a hell of a summer trying to keep her away from the guy. She's 14 and I can't imagine the parents are going to be off all summer too.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 27, 2019

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

DemoneeHo posted:

Dump your cheapskate boyfriend and consider dating me. My only redeeming quality is that i will never tell you that you are overspending on homecooked meals.

Has anyone ever said "we need to talk" and had the topic be positive?

Also, lol, "I eat like a child when you're not around and it's cheaper, stop spending my frozen-burrito money on real food." :sever: and let his eating habits :murder: him

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

AITA For bringing/eating fast food at social events?

quote:

My wife and I are having apocalypse-level debates on a new pet peeve of hers. Twice in the last week, circumstances have put us on a tight schedule and have forced us to grab breakfast on the road. On Easter Sunday, I went to church with her and her family. She woke me up 1.5 hours early, then tried again 1 hour out and 45 minutes out, knowing I am hard to wake. Finally, we were down to the wire and I quickly got ready and out the door. I wanted coffee on the way to service and although she said she didn't want anything, I got coffee and breakfast. We were close to the service location so we arrived in no time. We were 15 minutes late at that point so she didn't want me to eat in the car and be even more late but was mortified when I brought it with me and ate as I walked into the church. The usher commented on my Dunkin Donuts bag as we walked into her parent's church and we proceeded to get into a stage-whisper argument in the church lobby about how embarrassed she was that I brought a croissandwich into church. Less than five days later, we are in transit to her sister's college graduation. My wife, knowing I'd want to sleep til the last possible second, went and grabbed breakfast and brought it home well in advance of departure time. I waited until the last second to get ready so she offered to drive saying, "I'll drive so you can eat on the way to the event" (20 minute drive). I was on my phone most of the drive and waited until we were in the parking lot to pull out my breakfast and proceeded to eat the fast food in the lobby of the facility where the graduation was taking place. My wife was, again, mortified. Understandably, she gave me the opportunity to eat in transit to avoid being upset; but I don't think it's that big of a deal to bring food into these events. She's concerned with etiquette and how it looks to other people but it doesn't matter to me.... AITA?

*********** EDIT ************

My wife wrote the above, and I would like to clarify on a couple of points.

For the church, I ate half of the sandwhich on the way to the door from the parking lot, bagged the remaining amount before reaching the door, and dumped it off at the nearest trash can upon entering the lobby. The door greeter made a joking comment, something along the lines of "Dunken Donuts? Nice!"

For the graduation, we arrived an hour and half early. I ate in the lobby. I asked the door man if I could set my bag on a table near a trashcan. He said something along the lines of "Go for it"

I would also like to point out that I believe the tardiness issue has been confounded with whether or not the eating incidents were socially babrarous behavior. The focus of this thread should be the quick eating on the go. Also, its not that it doesn't matter to me, it's just that I don't think it is that big of a deal or socially frowned upon. It's not like I was popping tots in the middle of the sermon, or gobbling down a big mac during the graduation guest speakers dramatic pause.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

DemoneeHo posted:

That's another one that goes on the list of who not to date that I have dated-- food weirds. Anyone weird about spending too much on food/that only buys for one specific diet and refuses anything else in the house/that refuses to eat anything that isn't prepackaged/etc. isn't a fit mate. Like I get eating healthy and not spending thousands a month eating out or on weird fad diets and poo poo, but if someone is complaining about home cooked meals they're loving nuts.

Good food is good. Good food isn't always cheap. Shut up and shove some in your maw.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Taking the daughter to another country honestly seems like a great way to get her away from the creepy older dude for a while, canceling that is going to do nothing but really piss her off and leave her in the same country as the creepy dude. That's one of those "cut off my nose to spite my face" sort of punitive measures.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The 18 year old can't bother them if the state "grounds" him. Seems the easiest route.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Scathach posted:

She's going to go behind their back to talk to a pedo/potential rapist. A lot of girls run off with older boyfriends or get raped or worse and they're trying to stop that. It's not like this is a year difference. It's a middle school kid with an adult. They wouldn't even be in the same school together to meet so it's not some naturally occurring relationship that happened during class. Daughter probably needs to be told exactly why they're doing it, though, and dad there should be talking to the cops so at least the pedo is on their radar.

Hell, maybe having the daughter hear some horror stories from female cop would help. She definitely should be grounded from having a phone/internet for a while though, except for school stuff which is almost done with for summer anyway. The daughter keeps doing this and they're going to have a hell of a summer trying to keep her away from the guy. She's 14 and I can't imagine the parents are going to be off all summer too.

You know, when I was 14, I was a high school freshman and plenty of girls I knew dated seniors, so I guess I just realized I'm not taking this as seriously I should, because it was normalized for me. My first boyfriend was 17 when I was 14, which isn't that far from this and it wasn't a good thing for me at all.

I still think they wildly escalated the punishment and it's not fair because there's no way she could know the consequences would be that severe. They could maybe try to remember what being a kid feels like.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

DemoneeHo posted:

He should go to bed earlier so that he's not constantly late or down to the wire because he's waking up at the last minute.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

ParserGirl posted:

Now that's a scorching take.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

DemoneeHo posted:

I hate whoever wrote these.

Yes, rear end in a top hat, it is not acceptable to eat and drink in church.

As for the 14 year old, depending on the school they could plausibly be on the same campus if HS runs 9th to 12th. The cops should still be given a heads-up, while the girl should have to hear about the kind of horror stories that happen when adults go after kids.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
My friend just mentioned the grandpa in Willy Wonka and it made me think of the arranged marriage sham lesbian whatever Four's Company immigrant couple from yesterday.

Why and how were 4 people on the same bed? If his wife is like a sister to him, why be there when they're going at it? I can see why guys want to be there to see lesbians going at it, but why would the lesbian couple want to be there with him getting his? He writes off poo poo as cohabitants seeing each other in states of undress, but that's far aflung from being present for them going at it.

And again four adults, one bed, why?

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Midnight Voyager posted:

Taking the daughter to another country honestly seems like a great way to get her away from the creepy older dude for a while, canceling that is going to do nothing but really piss her off and leave her in the same country as the creepy dude. That's one of those "cut off my nose to spite my face" sort of punitive measures.

It sounds like the trip was with school friends, not the parents. If she's being this naive at home, being overseas would be even more dangerous. Right now they have zero trust in her to make good decisions

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Midnight Voyager posted:

That was my thought, if their reaction was truly about protecting her then 100% they should want to take her with them on an international trip

If they leave her behind she's for sure going to try to see him and will probably wind up pregnant

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Miserable Maid posted:

It sounds like the trip was with school friends, not the parents. If she's being this naive at home, being overseas would be even more dangerous. Right now they have zero trust in her to make good decisions

"she can no longer go to the huge beach trip to Italy we’ve been planning" sounds like the parents are going on a trip and were planning on bringing her

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

there's no way that punishing their daughter like that for having normal teenage thoughts is gonna backfire.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

tell the daughter that if she ever talks to that boy again you'll force-feed her new england food

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

DemoneeHo posted:

I want to beat this man to death with a paper napkin. Even the wife, who is wonderful and blameless, tries to accommodate this fuckhead who can't get his worthless rear end out of bed.

VERDICT: death by violent napkins

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for insisting my friend not basically have her tits on display all weekend at Stagecoach festival?

So as most of you know this weekend is Stagecoach in Indio. It’s a huge country music festival and is so much fun. I’ve had a miserable year and have basically been counting on this as a way to turn things around and get happy again.

I’m 32 and I came with some friends from work who are a bit younger than me. Last night we went to the shows and the youngest one basically wore the lowest cut top I’ve ever seen without a bra you could essentially see her entire boob and if she moved right her nipples popped out. I asked her if she knew that and she said “I’m trying to get back stage! Wooooo.” I told her that this isn’t Coachella and during certain shows there might be kids and families. She literally took another shot and ignored me.

I sent a group text out that maybe we needed to have a chat about what is and isn’t approriate for our group and said “having your tits on a platter just isn’t cool.” Apparently this offended most everyone because they ditched me and I had to walk to the show by myself. At the end of the night I caught up with them and they said I needed to steer clear of them for the whole weekend (we also had a minor argument on the drive up over gas money) and they would make sure I got back to Albuquerque but they didn’t want anything to do with me. So this really sucks. I do have a friend that is driving down from Vegas so I won’t be totally alone and I’m thinking about driving back with him and just flying home on Monday.

I honestly don’t think I did anything wrong but since the whole trip has broken down and I’m in an awkward Airbnb right now with people who aren’t speaking to me, am I the rear end in a top hat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for yelling at my fiancé for pranking me by locking me out his truck or did I completely over-react?

TLDR; My birth mother was physcially and emotionally abusive growing up and would frequently pretend that certain things didn't happen when they did, and would blame my "recreation of certain stories" on my TBI.

Growing up I had some issues with my mother in regards to her physcially and verbally abusing me. The biggest issue that I've had trouble getting over is the fact that she would frequently pretend certain things never happened and that I was either making the situation up, or that I was remembering the memory incorrectly due to a TBI I suffered from when I was younger. When my fiancé and I started dating, we at one point sat down and talked about our pasts and how certain things were triggers for us and how certain topics/jokes weren't okay due to our past histories of being abused.

Tonight while we were helping his friend move out of their house, he and his friend locked me out of the truck. At first I thought it was funny, but after multiple attempts of trying to get into the truck, knocking on the windows and asking them to open their door they continued to intentionally ignore me. Five minutes went by before my fiancé opened his door and asked me, "hey are you getting in, we've been waiting on you this whole time." I was immediately upset and asked him why they locked me out of the truck, to which he responded, "Honey the doors were unlocked the entire time" and proceeded to open one of the doors that I know he unlocked right before he jumped out of the truck.

At this point I get very upset and I start to yell at him and say that I watched him and his friend lock all of the doors to the truck. He continues the joke for a moment while I get increasingly upset and then he said, "honey it was just a joke. It was a little prank, I'm sorry."

I was so mad at that moment and went off on him in front of his friend which I KNOW was innapropiate. I told him that that was one of the few things he could've done to me that makes me livid, and that it honestly scared me to think that somehow I managed to make up the whole thing in such a short moment. It made me completely doubt myself, and for a second I actually thought I made it up in my head. I know it's stupid but after that happened it made me not trust him, because he knows my mother used to do that to me so why would he do that?

During this I began to question if I wanted to marry him.

I need to know if my trauma made me over-react, and if telling him I needed to re-think our marriage was innapropiate. I feel absolutely awful, he needs some space away from me and I feel like I gucked the entire thing up. AITA?