Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

As you might expect the crowd here in Toronto reacted really well when Stark asked "you thought he lived in Toronto?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

They did not say anything about the credits but I'd already read there wasn't one so I left after the main end credits. I'd say 95% of the crowd were firmly still planted in their seats as I walked out.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
No usher, i stayed because i did not hear that they said there wouldn't be any otherwise i would've left lol

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?
Re: After credits.

My 16 person crew knew there was no after credits scene but we stayed anyway.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Arist posted:

They didn't, but maybe they should have because they didn't let us into the theater until ten minutes before the previews started in my theater.

They were definitely cutting it close at the theater I went to as well. We didn't get let in until 20 minutes before showtime, which is not the norm.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

The Question IRL posted:

He is.
But the film could have also done with using the line
It was an Avenger's World. The first of many.

Not sure if I had to spoil that one, but I'll respect other peoples right to be preserved.

The sheer mismatch between the sincerity and grandiose nature of Hickman’s Avengers and these films would been insanely jarring.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I really appreciate the brief but rad fight choreography of Cap with Mjolnir. Everyone was waiting for the moment that Cap picks it up but what was he supposed to do with it once he did? Kick rear end, that's what. I was weirdly jealous on Thor's behalf actually! The lightning ground attack, the call-down of lightning from the sky, the ambidextrous alternating throwing of hammer and shield... man, he was definitely worthy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The showing I was at was mostly quiet but when Cap picked up the hammer the entire theater erupted in cheers.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Lobok posted:

I really appreciate the brief but rad fight choreography of Cap with Mjolnir. Everyone was waiting for the moment that Cap picks it up but what was he supposed to do with it once he did? Kick rear end, that's what. I was weirdly jealous on Thor's behalf actually! The lightning ground attack, the call-down of lightning from the sky, the ambidextrous alternating throwing of hammer and shield... man, he was definitely worthy.

Cap wielding Mjolnir was inevitable, but I absolutely did not expect the accompanying lightning attacks. That whole sequence ruled.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'm nearly 30 years of going to the movies I've never had a crowd react as loudly and as much as they did in this movie. It was insane and one of the reasons I still love going to the theaters. I feel like this is a movie that has to be seen in a group setting to be fully enjoyed.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I went to a 430 AM showing at a pretty new theater in Manhattan and it was completely empty. I really did miss having crowd reactions to all the big moments. On the other hand it was the only time I could sneak out to see it thanks to having an infant so better than nothing.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

muscles like this! posted:

The showing I was at was mostly quiet but when Cap picked up the hammer the entire theater erupted in cheers.

My theater was generally quiet, but the times the entire theater cracked up were also Cap related. You're right. That is America's rear end. Funny how every character in on that gag was a supposedly straight man...

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

The one audience reaction I remember was applause, mainly coming from the front several rows, for Carol's entrance

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

notthegoatseguy posted:

The one audience reaction I remember was applause, mainly coming from the front several rows, for Carol's entrance

There was one turbonerd a few seats over from me who was snorting and chortling at certain moments that made me think he uses "SJW" unironically and even put out Commodus-style thumbs up and down at times but even he was into Carol annihilating Thanos' ship and taking his headbutt without a flinch.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
“YeahIknow... I know...” got one of the biggest laughs and was the best delivered joke, I think.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I admit, I did cry when Scott lost his taco :(

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dan Didio posted:

“YeahIknow... I know...” got one of the biggest laughs and was the best delivered joke, I think.

A callback and self-deprecating humour. Just beautiful.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Lobok posted:

And now that it's in the MCU I bet future videogames will put in his Mjolnir+Shield Moveset into stuff.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

My big disappointment: Ant-Man never got a chance to call Hawkeye "arrow guy" again

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I admit, I did cry when Scott lost his taco :(

Nebula’s ”Be careful coming in... there’s an idiot by the entrance.” followed by Prof. Hulk happily giving him replacements may have been my favorite joke in the movie.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Steve going "You've gotta be making GBS threads me" when he sees his past self is not getting enough love

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Endgame was largely successful in making me want to watch all these loving movies again.

Even The Dark World.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I'm avoiding reading anything in this thread so apologies if it's been asked: my wife hasn't seen Antman 1 or 2. How helpful will it be for her to see it? She has seen most of the rest of the marvel movies.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Zachack posted:

I'm avoiding reading anything in this thread so apologies if it's been asked: my wife hasn't seen Antman 1 or 2. How helpful will it be for her to see it? She has seen most of the rest of the marvel movies.

She'll be fine, anything applicable is explained.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe just watch the post credits of Ant-Man 2.

They're all officially posted in this thread:
https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1120358289076707328

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Bold choice ending the movie with Terence Howard waking up and realizing it was all a dream

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Who was the kid in front of Maria at Tony’s memorial?

All I can think of is the kid from Iron Man 3 which would be hilarious but seems unlikely

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Retro Futurist posted:

All I can think of is the kid from Iron Man 3 which would be hilarious but seems unlikely

You are correct, I didn't recognize him either but looking up the actor it's incontrovertible. I had last seen him in The Nice Guys and he's really grown since then, jesus. Also, I think it's sweet that he was there.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Retro Futurist posted:

That was him, it's been confirmed

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

That was him, it's been confirmed

Hopefully his name turns out to be Arno.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I saw it today.

It was great.

The people were all laughing at the usual, but they truly erupted in cheers and "WHAT" and actual screams when The portals started to open and T'challa made his entrance. I think the people in my screening LOVED Black Panther. There was a girl yelling "It's him, it's him!". hahaha it was quite a fun crowd.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I loved the symmetry between my experiences there. When I saw IW, people were gutted when Black Panther got dusted and GUTTED when Peter started to go. And when T'Challa appears in Endgame there were cheers, and even stronger cheers when Spider-Man arrives.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Desperado Bones posted:

The people were all laughing at the usual, but they truly erupted in cheers and "WHAT" and actual screams when The portals started to open and T'challa made his entrance. I think the people in my screening LOVED Black Panther. There was a girl yelling "It's him, it's him!". hahaha it was quite a fun crowd.

That girl owns. :allears: It's great to hear about all these reactions. That whole sequence was like if every entry in the Royal Rumble was John Cena making his surprise return in 2008.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Just as a sidenote, I gotta say thank you to this thread for having warm reactions to the film (as I did). I peeked in a few random pages in the dedicated Endgame thread here in CD and it was just endless bitching and nitpicking over time travel minutia and how the endings for their favorite characters weren't how they would have done it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

Just as a sidenote, I gotta say thank you to this thread for having warm reactions to the film (as I did). I peeked in a few random pages in the dedicated Endgame thread here in CD and it was just endless bitching and nitpicking over time travel minutia and how the endings for their favorite characters weren't how they would have done it.

I don't think it's really that. There's like two or three people who are focused on that and most people are like "Movie was fun."

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The CD thread is honestly one of the more civil Marvel movie threads I’ve seen over there in a long time*. There’s far less of the manufactured outrage or smug dismissal than usual. I don’t think I’ve seen a single mention of quips or car destruction. It’s a bit off-putting.

*So far.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Edit: X-O, sorry!

--Thanos snapped this post--

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 28, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Arist posted:

I loved the symmetry between my experiences there. When I saw IW, people were gutted when Black Panther got dusted and GUTTED when Peter started to go. And when T'Challa appears in Endgame there were cheers, and even stronger cheers when Spider-Man arrives.

Yea that was the exact reaction in the theater for me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

As has been said many times don’t turn this thread into a CD bitching thread. Not the place for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Anyone else have an usher come in after the end to say there was no credits scene? Apparently this is a common thing because a lot of chains aren't leaving enough time to clean the theater between showings unless people leave right away.

Our usher let us know, but I didn't believe him because come on, it's a Marvel movie, and he looked exactly like the kind of turbo-nerd that would tell people that just to get them to leave and miss the scene.

It didn't help that I had double-checked here: http://aftercredits.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-2019/ beforehand, either. Guess that'll teach me to trust the internet, huh?