Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I do not care about anyone save Tormund and Brienne because they must escape alive and repopulate Westeros with an army of giant gingers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Wallrod posted:

Why doesn't bran warg into an ant and crawl up the night king's butthole and expand himself to immense size

What are you, an idiot? How would Bram expand an ant? He is a warg, not a wizard.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
He could just warg multiple ants idk.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Death poll time. Who do you think is going to die tomorrow. From most to least likely. Choose 5:

1 - Theon
2 - Grey Worm
3 - Jorah
4 - Brienne
5 - Beric

Berric is 100% going to die tomorrow because he's been dead for literally ages in the books and I have no idea why they haven't killed him off like a season ago.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Death poll time. Who do you think is going to die tomorrow. From most to least likely. Choose 5:

1 - Theon
2 - Grey Worm
3 - Jorah
4 - Brienne
5 - Beric

Spoilers supposedly say Jorah and Beric out of this list. Plus Pod and Gendry

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

PostNouveau posted:

Oops, we wrote a scene where the character in the middle of his redemption arc rapes his sister. Our bad!

This year, D&D are writers on their own Star Wars trilogy.

That scene is from the books and entirely gurm's fault

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Berric is 100% going to die tomorrow because he's been dead for literally ages in the books and I have no idea why they haven't killed him off like a season ago.

Wasn't it just sort of mentioned that he died in the books? I don't think he got a cool death scene, grrm was just like "oh yeah that guy died for real by the way."

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Colonel Cancer posted:

He could just warg multiple ants idk.

He could make the ants carry nuggets of dragon glass up the night king's rear end.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

Wasn't it just sort of mentioned that he died in the books? I don't think he got a cool death scene, grrm was just like "oh yeah that guy died for real by the way."

Long story short he died doing the same thing Thoros does to him every time he dies to Catelyn Stark after the Red Wedding and succeeds in bringing her back to life, but unlike Thoros it costs him his own life to do it.

So in the books the Brotherhood is led by a half zombie Catelyn Stark who uses them to go around killing all the Freys and can't talk because her throat is still slit from the Red Wedding.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Yeah Beric gave Lady Stoneheart his resurrection energy so she's alive and he's dead.

e: that ^

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
gently caress all y'all

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Want to penetrate lady stone heart’s throat wound with my dingus

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Oh yeah, now I remember. I just remember being pissed that he got killed off so Catelyn could come back as a zombie. he was way cooler even though he was a fairly minor character.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Yeah better that the show kept the good actor alive than replaced him with a mute "zombie"

On the other hand, keeping the extra zombie or not, being a good actor should not insulate you from death and that's why Ned's death was good

When it was book based this used to be a show not afraid to kill off great actors.

Now we're watching the X-Men by literally the same directors who are mentally incapable of imagining any of their characters dying or not having things magically work out for them in ways that overcome their stupidity.

Lastly, lol tough choice:

Waltzing Along posted:

1 - Theon
2 - Grey Worm
3 - Jorah
4 - Brienne
5 - Beric

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

the actor that plays him is really good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN039e4NGAw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTXvhUB7dNM

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Waltzing Along posted:

1 - Theon
2 - Grey Worm
3 - Jorah
4 - Brienne
5 - Beric

Everyone but Brienne.

Also: Pod, the generic guys like that Knight of the Vale dude, Edd, Gilly, and my longshot bets: Varys and Davos.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Everyone but Brienne.

Also: Pod, the generic guys like that Knight of the Vale dude, Edd, Gilly, and my longshot bets: Varys and Davos.

Varys dying would be bizarre. He's so inconsequential now.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Waltzing Along posted:

He's in the crypt so he can die unceremoniously along with Gilly so the survivors (Tyrion and Samwise) can get a mourning scene to make their deaths try to seem meaningful.

See also: whichever of Grey Worm/Missandei dies. One will so the other can try to make them seem like they were important.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

TheManWithNoName posted:

Everyone loyal to Dany will die, except Jon. She will go loving nuts and turn into the mad queen.

I could see this because she doesn't really have any huge fan favorites in her camp except maybe Tyrion, who I would expect to live.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm hoping for some Thanos level poo poo. 1/2 of everyone dead.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Waltzing Along posted:

I demand to know what he saw in the fire when the wizard burnt his junk before he dies

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Who can we expect to live till the final episode:

Jon - the whole story is about him so he'll last.
Cersei - she's the main villain.
Sam - gurm won't die (until he doens't finish the books)
Arya & Sansa - cuz the writers are pussies
Tyrion - biggest star

I think everyone else is fair game.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Waltzing Along posted:

Who can we expect to live till the final episode:

Jon - the whole story is about him so he'll last.
Cersei - she's the main villain.
Sam - gurm won't die (until he doens't finish the books)
Arya & Sansa - cuz the writers are pussies
Tyrion - biggest star

I think everyone else is fair game.

GRRM hates the "hero's journey" (see: Ned Stark dying) so Jon and Dany dying are nearly certain, unless the show wimps out.

I could see them killing Sansa because they already poo poo on her to be edgy with the Bolton rape poo poo.

Cersei will be in the finale. No idea if she'll die or not, based on what's more "shocking" at that point.

There's no reason to kill Samwise so it'll either be he lives or is killed for a really dumb reason.

Arya is bullet proof because fans will riot.

Tyrion might actually get a happy ending. I think they'll go that soft on him that he doesn't just live, he thrives.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Jon already died. Hahahha.

I'm just saying finale, anyway. Once it's the last episode, anyone could die.

But the title of the the series is literally a reference to Jon. It should end with him singing just to be really on the nose.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Singing or maybe sighing

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
To be clear, when I say Jon dies it's going to be him being the last to go down. He's not going to live into old age. He's just going to make it long enough to "win".

Like for a hackney example: he'd survive all this mess including Dany dying, kill Night King, go to get revenge on Cersei, big dramatic scene of Jon heading to the throne room, he's poisoned by Qyburn, kills Qyburn, kills Cersei, climbs the stairs, sits on the throne, music swells, he dies, camera pulls out to a wide shot of King's Landing, tilts up to the sky, fade to black, then fade in and we see old man Tyrion in a log cabin writing the last chapter of his memoirs "A Song of Ice and Fire". Fade to black. Credits.

Boom. Bullshit Hollywood ending with the hero dying.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

That's roughly fifteen times more compelling than what we're gonna get.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Jon Dies at the End, Volume II

(Season 5 was Volume I)

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

To be clear, when I say Jon dies it's going to be him being the last to go down. He's not going to live into old age. He's just going to make it long enough to "win".

Like for a hackney example: he'd survive all this mess including Dany dying, kill Night King, go to get revenge on Cersei, big dramatic scene of Jon heading to the throne room, he's poisoned by Qyburn, kills Qyburn, kills Cersei, climbs the stairs, sits on the throne, music swells, he dies, camera pulls out to a wide shot of King's Landing, tilts up to the sky, fade to black, then fade in and we see old man Tyrion in a log cabin writing the last chapter of his memoirs "A Song of Ice and Fire". Fade to black. Credits.

Boom. Bullshit Hollywood ending with the hero dying.

i can see it in my brain.....

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
the whole show will die in episode five. Episode six will be an hour of cutesy behind-the-scenes shots of the cast and crew joshing around and joking on set while "Here's to the Night" by Eve 6 plays on a loop

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cowslips Warren posted:

I do not care about anyone save Tormund and Brienne because they must escape alive and repopulate Westeros with an army of giant gingers.

It still owns he's desperate to escape the friend zone with Brienne and thinks she's the hottest woman he's ever met.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn4gkwYc5g0

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I hope it's called The Great Culling because that's what it's going to be and I look forward to it.

Am I the only one who assumes I don't even know if I need these tags but I'm trying to be polite but: all that fire is because of Melisandre and her crew showing up and lighting half the NK's army aflame or whatever? Or has that been confirmed somewhere? Because where the gently caress is she? Everyone else has teleportation powers but this witchy spooky chick doesn't?

font color sea
Jan 23, 2017

Expelliarmus!
I hope Varys lives to a ripe old age and dies in bed surrounded by his mermaid children and grandchildren

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Bran gonna warg back in time multiple times and try to unfuck things, just like that terrible Xmen movie with Tyrion Lannister.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I honestly assumed Varys had hosed off somewhere since I don't remember when we last saw him.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

YaketySass posted:

I honestly assumed Varys had hosed off somewhere since I don't remember when we last saw him.

whenever he and tyrion and davos were trying to decide if they wanted to stud jon snow to dany or if they wanted to look elsewhere in their fantasy royal breeding spreadsheet.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
What was the Varys mermaid theory based on again?

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

A Strange Aeon posted:

:catdrugs:

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

A Strange Aeon posted:

Him showing up in Westeros and then back on a boat heading to Westeros with Danny in like the next scene lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

font color sea
Jan 23, 2017

Expelliarmus!
Honestly I sort of miss all those crazy fan theories that went around pre-show. Varys is a merman. Daario is Euron. Bran ate Jojen. Roose is the half-human immortal son of the Night King who impersonates people by stealing and wearing their skins.
Especially because the real story turned out to be much less interesting in comparison