Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yeah the last MK I played was 3 and I think at some point nearly 20 years ago I watched a friend play 4. So I got most of it off the bat and the rest I kinda picked up as it went along.

Like overall if they had a good editor you could legit make it into a 2 hour movie that would be pretty decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I'm watching it now. I was so confused at the beginning because I think the last MK I played was 3.

It's insane for MK to have a loving storyline.

Yeah I did the same, last one I actually played was UMK3. For the plot of this one to make sense, you gotta start with watching the story from MK (2011) and MK X. Together with this most recent one, they make a nicely contained trilogy.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

I finally finished Tyranny and its p dope

I really like the spell crafting system. Also the whole concept of being Bronze Age Judge Dredd rules

I really liked Tyranny, though I didn't bother with doing additional playthroughs. I think people were too hard on that game just like I think they were too hard on PoE.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
They did a surprisingly good job fleshing out what is a literal palette swap too, though it did take them quite a few games.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Fallom posted:

I really liked Tyranny, though I didn't bother with doing additional playthroughs. I think people were too hard on that game just like I think they were too hard on PoE.

Yeah I dont know that I'd play through it again, but it was a good solid rpg with a fairly unusual concept.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Didn’t MK veer from their previous games and traditional fighting game model long ago? Just sort of said gently caress it and just did whatever, making everything more ridiculous, and it worked? Haven’t played one in 10–15 years probably

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

yeah pretty much since MK9 they've changed their format and leaned in to their current form

also they did injustice 1/2 i between the mk games which were cool in their own right. injustice 2 having tmnt and hellboy as dlc charactets was really awesome

plus the fact that ed boon really loves dc comics is rad, he did a really decent job with the IP and included rad stuff like Red Son costumes and poo poo

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
So, uh, over the past couple of weeks, I've been marathoning my way through the older MGS games... and boy, howdy, I sure forgot MGS4. I mean, the whole series has no qualms about being weird as poo poo, but replaying them all back-to-back like this really highlights just how far up its own rear end 4 is.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I fuckin loved MGS4, octocamo was the coolest thing ever

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Naked Bear posted:

So, uh, over the past couple of weeks, I've been marathoning my way through the older MGS games... and boy, howdy, I sure forgot MGS4. I mean, the whole series has no qualms about being weird as poo poo, but replaying them all back-to-back like this really highlights just how far up its own rear end 4 is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNdi8IDzsok&t=340s

gently caress you if you didn't get a huge nostalgia feeling during this part

orange juche fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 28, 2019

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

what's this

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
City of Heroes. It was just announced that not only has there been a private server going all along, but everyone's character data also survived.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Diablo on Switch :getin:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

City of Heroes. It was just announced that not only has there been a private server going all along, but everyone's character data also survived.

Haha drat. That game stopped being popular in what, like 2005?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I thought you meant this game for a second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZUxrJhIHnU

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Naked Bear posted:

Diablo on Switch :getin:

I was getting a little bored with it because I made the decision to just play through the campaign to get to level 70. I finally finished it and got around to playing bounties to finish the grind to 70, and it’s like a whole different, more addicting game. I’ve barely put it down over the last 2 days.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

pkells posted:

I was getting a little bored with it because I made the decision to just play through the campaign to get to level 70. I finally finished it and got around to playing bounties to finish the grind to 70, and it’s like a whole different, more addicting game. I’ve barely put it down over the last 2 days.

Most times people are full of poo poo when they say the game doesn't really begin until you're done with the story but in this case that's actually true.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

psydude posted:

Haha drat. That game stopped being popular in what, like 2005?

It has been shut down for over 6 years. Dudes made off with the actual server code and ran a private server for longer than that. After someone leaked it after all this time they gave out the code. Now some other dudes are running servers. Over 8000 people have been slamming into them and crashing the gently caress out of them.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

metroid prime trilogy, link to the past, and persona 5 all coming to switch according to best buy leaks

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I’m excited for a future where every game is on the switch of some portable platform

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"what, your guys don't own phones?"

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

ugh

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

metroid prime trilogy, link to the past, and persona 5 all coming to switch according to best buy leaks

Oh gently caress yeah.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Put Factorio or KSP on Switch and I'm loving sold.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

its prolly going to be the extended persona 5 thats coming out soon for ps4

im doing master mode in botw still, all beasts down and 1/2 of the shrines found. grabbed all the dlc items and now im farming guardians and poo poo to max out all the armor. gently caress this game owns.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It’s hard to get too excited for fancy third party games on the Switch because they inevitably perform and look like complete poo poo in handheld mode. Thank god the Diablo 3 port was perfect.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

for all the poo poo you can heap on blizzard (tons) their console poo poo has been too-notch

i remember when d3 was announced for ps4 and people asked if it would be supporting cross-play with the vita. they said no, until about an hour later when sony said of course it was going to be supported and blizz followed suit. it came out pretty ok in the end, but they had a crash course in making the UI work on a small screen.

but yeah d3 switch is pretty much the best version of the game to play and it feels filthy to say that

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

for all the poo poo you can heap on blizzard (tons) their console poo poo has been too-notch

i remember when d3 was announced for ps4 and people asked if it would be supporting cross-play with the vita. they said no, until about an hour later when sony said of course it was going to be supported and blizz followed suit. it came out pretty ok in the end, but they had a crash course in making the UI work on a small screen.

but yeah d3 switch is pretty much the best version of the game to play and it feels filthy to say that

I remember StarCraft 64 being impossibly difficult. But not as difficult as C&C 64.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

but you could screenwatch

which made the metagame incredible

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
I don’t remember a good Console RTS until the first Halo Wars. Then again I’m not a huge RTS or console player.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

tropico is good on console

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Tropico is always fun, even when it's bad.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

ded posted:

Tropico is always fun, even when it's bad.

:yeah:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

so path of exile 2 deadfire is coming to switch

so is saints row 3

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

so path of exile 2 deadfire is coming to switch

so is saints row 3

Pillars of Eternity but yeah

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

orange juche posted:

Pillars of Eternity but yeah

actually i meant this poe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrygAv93Ick

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Saints Row 3 is more a "Why?" thing though, why in the gently caress would they release SR3 for Switch?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

prolly just a chance for the dev to dip a toe in and check out the port process for the switch before they decide to start new developments

people love it so w/e put everything on switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

put everything on switch