Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
That woman is extremely dumb. This reads like what a dumb person does when they're anxious and racist and have no idea how to deal with that or extricate themselves from the situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

That article is GOAT, just encapsulates everything

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Some pale as gently caress 40 something Ukrainian immigrant is gonna get hired, learn Spanish in three weeks, become broadly popular in the factory, invited to all the card games on break, go smoking outside with the other tough as nails middle aged ladies...
And this girl is just gonna be sitting there scratching her head as she examines a chicken's butt.

Grape has issued a correction as of 16:38 on Apr 29, 2019

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

That woman is extremely dumb. This reads like what a dumb person does when they're anxious and racist and have no idea how to deal with that or extricate themselves from the situation.
even her introduction where she had zero interest in anything outside her dumb little town or zero motivation to learn anything new paints a good picture of just how lovely these people are

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Shipon posted:

even her introduction where she had zero interest in anything outside her dumb little town or zero motivation to learn anything new paints a good picture of just how lovely these people are
The world owes it to me to stay exactly like it was in 1978 and I will vote for literal MegaHitler and boil the planet's oceans if I don't get exactly what I want.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

FMguru posted:

The world owes it to me to stay exactly like it was in 1978 and I will vote for literal MegaHitler and boil the planet's oceans if I don't get exactly what I want.
this country needs a cultural revolution where all the rural and suburban chuds are forced into housing projects in urbanized neighborhoods, made to take language immersion classes and study the humanities, and work with people of different ethnicities

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

LIKE gently caress DUDE HOW DO YOU THINK THE DUDE WHO ONLY SPEAKS FRENCH FEELS

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I have a job with white owners and managers and a spansish speaking workforce what do I do?

Learn Spanish, make friends and gain a skill that's sought after everywhere
-->whine a bunch (X)

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

disjoe posted:

LIKE gently caress DUDE HOW DO YOU THINK THE DUDE WHO ONLY SPEAKS FRENCH FEELS

he speaks Spanish but she thinks it is French. he just wants the less crowded video room.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

etalian posted:

Trump!

Maybe it would be good if the below "culture" got destroyed?

Why doesn't this dumb bitch learn Spanish

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

ElGroucho posted:

Why doesn't this dumb bitch learn Spanish

White privilege.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

pseudanonymous posted:

White privilege.
Literally this:

the article posted:

Heaven watched Salvador coming, annoyed. Why couldn’t she learn English? Why was it up to Heaven to change? Salvador was the newcomer, not her.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

also some white people go loving nuts when they are ignored/ not the center of attention. I think the thing that irritates her the most is nobody at the plant giving a single gently caress about her.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

lol "some"

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

DrManiac posted:

also some white people go loving nuts when they are ignored/ not the center of attention. I think the thing that irritates her the most is nobody at the plant giving a single gently caress about her.

everything they say about her makes her sound like the least interesting human being alive. someone who has no interests or desires beyond merely existing and making it to the next day. the description of her and her boyfriend's relationship is just...depressing

gently caress man these people need to escape their small towns and at least visit other places and do things other than just graduate high school and work some blue collar job for 50 years until they croak of heart disease because social security won't kick in until the day after their heart gives out

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Shipon posted:

gently caress man these people need to escape their small towns and at least visit other places and do things other than just graduate high school and work some blue collar job for 50 years until they croak of heart disease because social security won't kick in until the day after their heart gives out

Most have, it why the small towns are doomed. anybody who can get out does so.

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

quote:

When the Pacmac or the DSI Portioning System acted up, he was the one who knew what to do, not because he was a savant, but because he’d worked at it, day after day, which was why he became so frustrated when workers in that department didn’t ask him for assistance. They wanted help only from Juan Leon, the shift’s lone Latino mechanic, a Puerto Rican transplant whom Venson genuinely liked and appreciated, but who didn’t know those machines. Venson did. So why didn’t they ask him for help? Why did they want solely another Latino? How did it get to be this way?

“That goes right back to what I was saying. It’s an easy place to get employed, these plants are,” Venson said. “They just come put in an application, ‘I need trabajo.’ ”

“Yo necesito trabajo?” said Mike Zombro, another mechanic.

“Yeah, sure, whatever, yo quiero Taco Bell,” Venson said. “No speak-a the Spanish.”

“That’s why we have Juan. ‘Juan, what the f— is he saying to me? Because I don’t f—ing know,’ ” Zombro said, laughing and backslapping Leon, who last year had requested a transfer to a shift with more Latino mechanics, in part to get away from this type of talk.

Good News, Venson.... I think I may have just cracked this case wide open!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Agean90 posted:

Most have, it why the small towns are doomed. anybody who can get out does so.

also white people driving out the immigrants that sustain their communities

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

clockworx posted:

Good News, Venson.... I think I may have just cracked this case wide open!

*day after day of "haha yo soy taco bell hahaha" jokes*
"why don't they come to me with questions? must be reverse racism."

cmerepaul
Nov 28, 2005
That's not chapstick!

Grape posted:

Literally the only actual problem this girl is facing is linguistic, and there is zero threat of English being replaced by Spanish.

Jesus you can use Duolingo for free. She could learn enough Spanish in a month to talk to her coworkers at a basic level at least, and I bet they'd love to learn a little English too.

Also, the irony of these people having no sympathy for immigrants while simultaneously experiencing a place where most people don't look like you or speak your language is just incredible.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

cmerepaul posted:

Jesus you can use Duolingo for free. She could learn enough Spanish in a month to talk to her coworkers at a basic level at least, and I bet they'd love to learn a little English too.

Also, the irony of these people having no sympathy for immigrants while simultaneously experiencing a place where most people don't look like you or speak your language is just incredible.

a lot of their co-workers almost certainly speak at least some English, they just don't speak it to them and play dumb because they recognize them as profoundly toxic people

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

a lot of their co-workers almost certainly speak at least some English, they just don't speak it to them and play dumb because they recognize them as profoundly toxic people

yeah, can't imagine why the spanish speaking coworkers didn't come to the "YO NO SPEAKY TACO BELL HAHAHAHA" guy for help, must be reverse racism

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

It's this. Hell I barely speak any spanish and I do this to the pale skinned demons.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Sedisp posted:

It's this. Hell I barely speak any spanish and I do this to the pale skinned demons.

Its hilarious and gets you out of so much bs.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lebanon county like an hour from Philadelphia and even closer to other small cities. there is no excuse to being that insular except you want to be.

also Spanish should be mandatory in every US school (lol this will never happen)

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
they’re real americans who are fighting against the corrupt big city demozombies, of course they dont want to leave their tiny towns and go somewhere else

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
If your culture includes confederate flags and politically incorrect bars, burn it down

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

euphronius posted:

Lebanon county like an hour from Philadelphia and even closer to other small cities. there is no excuse to being that insular except you want to be.

also Spanish should be mandatory in every US school (lol this will never happen)

There's literally no excuse for being insular in pennsylvania if you're near a city. The northeast has Scranton and Hazleton. The southeast has Philly, Allentown and a whole bunch of other almost cities.

Alright you got me for the middle portion because the only thing going for middle pennsylvania is Centre county which when I was there was busy trying to cover for child sex abuser football coach.

The West has Erie and Pittsburgh. Which are both huge and have their own almost cities around them.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
many midwesterners streaming into the thread saying how pennsyltucky shouldn't be racist.....but yet....they still persisted

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
woops

fits my needs has issued a correction as of 13:55 on Apr 29, 2019

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

cmerepaul posted:

Also every spanish speaking co-worker I've worked with was interested in learning and improving their english at work.

Of course the white MAGA crowd think it's ethnic cleansing being forced to learn another language.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

etalian posted:

Also every spanish speaking co-worker I've worked with was interested in learning and improving their english at work.

Of course the white MAGA crowd think it's ethnic cleansing being forced to take their boots off the necks of anyone not like them.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
too many trump threads

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Like, there's even a line in that article about how she knows it's her fault, and I also guarantee there's academic anxiety there because she hated school and wasn't good at it. She also claims to be shy so that's a pile of poo poo to deal with but after all that she does understand that she is at fault, at least to some degree.

That mental wall must be enormous if she can't even work up the courage to try. The cartoonishly racist boyfriend probably isn't helping.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Can't wait until we are like, "Si, pues estos pinches gabachos are like 'Hahaha, I love Cracker Barrel, hahaha, pickup truck and I hosed my dog, verdad, Taylor, estupido?"

Taylor had put in a transfer with the dog poo poo pickup team, exactly to avoid this kind of abuse.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

fits my needs posted:

many midwesterners streaming into the thread saying how pennsyltucky shouldn't be racist.....but yet....they still persisted

I haven't had my coffee yet so I can't parse this post.

What?

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Christ that article was depressing, and not for the reasons the author wants it to be.

I work in a rehab and we occasionally get people who only speak Spanish. So even though I don’t speak it (and wish I did) I still try to empathize with them and get to know them like I would any other client. I think they, like any other human being on Earth, enjoy it when you take an interest in their lives instead of acting like they are literal aliens infiltrating America.

That said, I can understand being anxious and scared when you don’t know what people are talking about. But ffs just get an English-Spanish dictionary and start asking basic questions instead of isolating yourself.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

i guess my point was there are legitimately isolated parts of PA hours and hours from anything remotely “diverse” but Lebanon county is not one of those places

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

euphronius posted:

i guess my point was there are legitimately isolated parts of PA hours and hours from anything remotely “diverse” but Lebanon county is not one of those places

Oh absolutely everything in the middle aside from the island that is Centre county is pretty isolated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
My favorite part about immigrant hatred on the parts of rural whites is that they embody all the "bootstraps" philosophy Trump retards claim to believe in.

My father in law came over with 10 bucks in his pocket, found work on a ranch which paid absolute poo poo, but spent 30 years working in the sun and saving. Now he's got a two story house, 3 kids that went to college, and a nice new pickup truck. He's "retired", but he loves working so much that he takes under the table jobs doing landscaping, because he can't chill.