Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

not a bot posted:

They have always been completely inhuman monsters.

I'd argue that Mike is a legitimately decent guy, which is why he is constantly failing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

not a bot posted:

They have always been completely inhuman monsters.

Yeah that's how I meant that sentence to read.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

MokBa posted:

Reality surpassed Veep in terms of lunacy so Veep had to dial it up to 12. A much more cartoony show for a much more cartoony reality.

I love that every person on this show is just a completely inhuman monster. Selina has gone full supervillain.

You are being mean to Splett. :(

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Jonah's uncle is legitimately killing it in every loving scene he is in.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Orange Devil posted:

the loving wheezy cackle before you realize hes standing there

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Orange Devil posted:

"They've got great coke!"

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Also I just want to appreciate whoever is playing Jonah's wife for coming in so late in the series' run but coming in strong.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
She's like my favorite character already. The sensitivity training in ep 3 should have been such a weak sequence but just having her there almost salvaged it.

Idk what the deal with Amy on this show is in general. Maybe it was the way west wing or early TTOI was structured or that she was in ITL or that she's the sort of non-threatening attractive that would poll well with focus groups, but going into the show I thought she was the main character but she never really did much that mattered compared to everyone else. Am I crazy or did Selena actually have less screen time in early seasons? (Not complaining, JLD is the best of the main cast.)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Apr 25, 2019

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Congressman Furlong's dialogue has to be the most fun to write. That thing about Amy's abortion was horrifying

Orange Devil posted:

Also I just want to appreciate whoever is playing Jonah's wife for coming in so late in the series' run but coming in strong.

oh yeah she's so perfect for him it's shocking.

edit: holy poo poo "ConAgChem Family Farms"

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 29, 2019

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

OH MY GOD

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh my god this show is the best

Congresman Slenderman

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

"Have a good weepy slide down the shower wall this evening." Gold.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Jonah's family situation keeps getting worse and worse, it's incredible :allears:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Amy going full Kellyanne Conway is loving terrifying

"Is that what a real orgasm feels like?"

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I didn't really care for this episode. It sorta fell flat for me.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Man, Andy Dally is vicious. He's the kind of politician the show didn't have so far. A terrifying monster who would eviscerate you with a neighborly smile.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

cant cook creole bream posted:

Man, Andy Dally is vicious. He's the kind of politician the show didn't have so far. A terrifying monster who would eviscerate you with a neighborly smile.
I thought this is what Dan was supposed to be but he ended up pretty tame, while Keith is on another level entirely. I'm really glad they added him for the final season.

moolchaba posted:

I didn't really care for this episode. It sorta fell flat for me.
Maybe your parents are second cousins, because this was a very strong episode, in my obviously correct opinion.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
That episode was amazing and I am really impressed by the parallels and themes of family running between the different groups. You have the monster who created the perfect flawed daughter, the mother by proxy, the mother who genuinely loves the monster she created, a father no one notices, and a father lost at sea to name a few. The writing on this show is very different than in the early seasons, but it's still a treat.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The way Selena treats her daughter like garbage continues to be extremely hilarious

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

Maybe your parents are second cousins, because this was a very strong episode, in my obviously correct opinion.

STEP SISTER

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ok I like how hosed up this is getting a lot. I like this direction for Amy too, it's perfect. I'm surprised I haven't seen a Kellyanne Conway archetype on a show before this, it's really entertaining.

"no more ping-pong"
"is that what you're naming her?"

No Wave fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 30, 2019

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

moolchaba posted:

STEP SISTER

It was "HALF SISTER".

It was already a hilarious little tidbit that Jonah had married a girl who used to be his stepsister. Finding out that his mother's been lying to him his whole life and he accidentally married (and knocked up!) his actual blood sister is just :discourse:. That kid's gonna have hooves.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

"My doctor said a little autism would be the best case scenario"

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
As someone who was born in Ontario that was a way bigger piece of paper than our birth certificates actually are :colbert:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

We're all just ignoring he's from Canada and can't be president right?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Solice Kirsk posted:

We're all just ignoring he's from Canada and can't be president right?

Interesting tidbit, this may not actually be how it works. We don't know because it's never been challenged in the courts, but plenty of Americans not born in the United States have run for president (George Romney, Ted Cruz).

The wording of the constitution is "a natural born citizen" and what it means to be natural born has never been ruled on. Most constitutional law experts think it means "if at the time of your birth you were American, you qualify". This means that the only requirement is that you have a parent eligible to pass on their citizenship and the place of your birth doesn't matter. So long as one of Jonah's parents were American citizens eligible to pass on their citizenship, he's fine (in theory).

To be eligible, one requirement is that you lived in the United States for five years after your 13th birthday. So currently, my son is a natural born American citizen (in theory) who cannot transfer his citizenship as he's never lived in the United States.

*apologies if I have minor details incorrect, the general principles are all true though

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

This is by far the funniest, smartest show anywhere about half-sister loving, casual misogyny, and casual racism on air today.

I mean that with the greatest respect. The jokes are "offensive," but purposely made to lampoon the awful people saying them.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

No Wave posted:

Ok I like how hosed up this is getting a lot. I like this direction for Amy too, it's perfect. I'm surprised I haven't seen a Kellyanne Conway archetype on a show before this, it's really entertaining.

:smug: That's your opinion

Elijah Snow
Dec 10, 2006

some-something man

MadJackal posted:

This is by far the funniest, smartest show anywhere about half-sister loving, casual misogyny, and casual racism on air today.

I mean that with the greatest respect. The jokes are "offensive," but purposely made to lampoon the awful people saying them.

Yeah I even cried during Jonah's speech, it was so perfect.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Sam Richardson (Richard Splett) is in some of the sketches in the Netflix show I Think You Should Leave. It's not for everyone but I figured at least some people ITT might be interested.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

El Jeffe posted:

Sam Richardson (Richard Splett) is in some of the sketches in the Netflix show I Think You Should Leave. It's not for everyone but I figured at least some people ITT might be interested.

just finished watching it, strange to hear him swear

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I am still laughing that Jonah and his wife are half-siblings AND third cousins. That kid is going to be Charles II.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

E:nvm

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I WANT LLOYD TO NOT BE MY DAD, also mac n cheese

The Montez Presidency note at the end really seems to be leaning towards the Selina backs Jonah and becomes the VP again play.

^burtle fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 1, 2019

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
I have been under the assumption that Jonah is going to end up with the Presidency since episode 1 this season, but after this last episode I feel like Richard is a dark horse candidate as he keeps falling up in to bigger positions.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Batmasterson posted:

I have been under the assumption that Jonah is going to end up with the Presidency since episode 1 this season, but after this last episode I feel like Richard is a dark horse candidate as he keeps falling up in to bigger positions.

Although to be fair to Richard, he actually seems like a decent dude. It was pretty funny that he's going from small town, mostly ceremonial mayor up to Lt. Governor simply because he's not guilty of anything.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The way this season is going I fully expect Richard to be killed off

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

is it only two more episodes?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
It would be weird for Richard to end up with the presidency just because it doesn't fit the shows reality or our reality. Nice dudes who mean well do not end up as president. Plus, he's not going to have any delegates going into the primary.

Part of me assumes that "Richard" has always been an act though and we'll discover he's the schemeist schemer of them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Batmasterson posted:

If only he was like 10% less black!