Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I dunno man, I'm playing the Enhanced version of the first one, and it's nice fighting end game enemies and Mini bosses/Badasses that don't take 5 minutes of non-stop criticals and specific weapon elements to kill.

I only played 2 and presequel and I don't think I've had any enemy, boss included, last that long. Maybe the final boss but it took me a bit to get the mechanics of the fight :shrug:

Are you playing at normal difficulty or the neckbeard pee bottle one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Colonel Cancer posted:

I only played 2 and presequel and I don't think I've had any enemy, boss included, last that long. Maybe the final boss but it took me a bit to get the mechanics of the fight :shrug:

Are you playing at normal difficulty or the neckbeard pee bottle one?

Yeah I said endgame so UVHM. To be honest I never bothered with the OP1-8 stuff, that was just too much for me.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Yeah I said endgame so UVHM. To be honest I never bothered with the OP1-8 stuff, that was just too much for me.

Because your build sucks.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I've played bl2 and calling anything a "build" in that game is lolworthy

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Colonel Cancer posted:

Nothing wrong with bullet sponge enemies, I'd rather have that than counterstrike glass cannon bullshit.

No reason a game with a decent spread of weapons and enemy types can't have both

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Resting Lich Face posted:

Because your build sucks.

Last I checked there wasn’t really any such build as a bad Salvador build but okay.

And it doesn’t matter because you do need Slag to accomplish anything at all which is pretty terrible design.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

2house2fly posted:

No reason a game with a decent spread of weapons and enemy types can't have both

It does. If you're just casualing it up the enemies can be a bit spongy but a proper build and some basic farming and you can one-shot all the way to OP8. Even bosses can be killed in a few seconds with some gimmicks/bugs.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
let's not forget bl2's ultimate capstone ability that infinitely increases your damage but ticks down when you aren't killing things and ticks down faster as you get more stacks, but enemies don't spawn into the world nearly fast enough to keep the skill up for more than, say, 5 stacks (+5% damage lol)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I didn't think this could possibly be unpopular but the dualshock is the de facto perfect videogame controller, the face buttons, the triggers the dpad the analogue sticks. You couldn't make a better device.

Lol that controller was designed for somebody without a human hand. to use the controller means putting your hands into some horrible claw position that becomes uncomfortable to hold almost immediately. Add in that the buttons are almost always unintuitive for where they are positioned, and at the very least run counter to convention for seemingly no reason. X will work as "A" when you'd assume it meant "B" kind of thing. Even Nintendo has come around to the proper controller shape these days, the good shape for human beings with regular mammal hands.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They half-assed the QC on New Vegas, including outright not implementing changes that Obsidian playtesters made, just enough so the score was low enough that they don't have to pay Obsidian royalties.

This is extremely plausible and not at all insane, gj

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

I've played bl2 and calling anything a "build" in that game is lolworthy

What about the one where you can't hit anything but your shots will always bounce straight to enemies for a crit and do instantly kill everything in the area once you build up a stack?

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Khanstant posted:

X will work as "A" when you'd assume it meant "B" kind of thing. Even Nintendo has come around to the proper controller shape these days, the good shape for human beings with regular mammal hands.

X is a letter. The symbol on the Dualshock is a symbol- a cross- universal and easily understood like the other 3 button-symbols. Hth.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Khanstant posted:

X will work as "A" when you'd assume it meant "B" kind of thing.

not the faintest clue what this means

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Flannelette posted:

What about the one where you can't hit anything but your shots will always bounce straight to enemies for a crit and do instantly kill everything in the area once you build up a stack?

Anarchy is the damage and accuracy penalty stacking skill and Close Enough is the one that causes the ricochets toward enemies (Nth Degree makes every X bullet depending on skill level bounce to another enemy after hitting). Gaige is the most boring character imagineable.

Though they don't home onto crit spots, they bounce toward the center of the enemy so if you want to crit with them you need the right angle. Generally aiming at the ceiling is best, if available.

The White Dragon posted:

let's not forget bl2's ultimate capstone ability that infinitely increases your damage but ticks down when you aren't killing things and ticks down faster as you get more stacks, but enemies don't spawn into the world nearly fast enough to keep the skill up for more than, say, 5 stacks (+5% damage lol)

You can get it up to about 50 on most maps without much trouble. A fair bit higher if you're using Vladof sniper rifles.

E: Ugh I can remember all this poo poo but always forget actually important things.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 01:37 on May 1, 2019

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

There's a weird disconnect where everyone who really hates bl2 seems to have played through it like 19 times at ever more enraging levels of ng+++, and everyone who likes it seems to have played it through coop once and had a great time

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

I'm a living counter to that. I have way too much time in the game and it's a loving masterpiece.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

You can get it up to about 50 on most maps without much trouble. A fair bit higher if you're using Vladof sniper rifles.

did they change something about it? because in 2013, stack 7 lasted all of four seconds, which is way longer than it takes for an enemy to crawl out of a spawn hole and become a valid target

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Most likely. The game got patches up til like '17.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

sebmojo posted:

There's a weird disconnect where everyone who really hates bl2 seems to have played through it like 19 times at ever more enraging levels of ng+++, and everyone who likes it seems to have played it through coop once and had a great time

I know a dude who refuses to play any bl game co-op and will only play solo. I've always wondered what happened to him to cause that kind of preference to happen because it's gotta be dark.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

DEY TERK ER GUUUURN!

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

They actually totally reworked Maya a while ago because her skill just did not work in any kind of end game content.

Sadly they didn't do poo poo to Axton who ended up being worse lol

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Axton is the premiere raid boss speed-killer; faster than Sal with the Pimpernel Rocket Launcher bug. You have no idea what you're talking about.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

Pyrus Malus posted:

I know a dude who refuses to play any bl game co-op and will only play solo. I've always wondered what happened to him to cause that kind of preference to happen because it's gotta be dark.

This is me and I prefer playing alone because I hate waiting for other people or feeling rushed by other people when I'm playing a non-competitive game, I just want to relax and play at my own pace and not worry about anyone else. Also I hate the process of dividing up loot, like "oh poo poo a legendary, I'll take this one but you can have the next one" and then "oh poo poo another legendary. well this one fits my build better than yours so I'll take it."

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

internet celebrity posted:

This is me and I prefer playing alone because I hate waiting for other people or feeling rushed by other people when I'm playing a non-competitive game, I just want to relax and play at my own pace and not worry about anyone else. Also I hate the process of dividing up loot, like "oh poo poo a legendary, I'll take this one but you can have the next one" and then "oh poo poo another legendary. well this one fits my build better than yours so I'll take it."

Coop games are more fun if you focus on helping your friends gear up/get better than being a huge min-maxing douchelord. Can't stand people who think/play like those whom you described.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

borderlands is a game with a bajillion weapons that all feel like they shoot farts

and not the powerful morning farts either, the weak little pitter patter farts

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Caesar Saladin posted:

powerful morning farts

Pro username

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Axton is the premiere raid boss speed-killer; faster than Sal with the Pimpernel Rocket Launcher bug. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Isn’t that just relying entirely on abusing the Bee and never actually using his turret or am I thinking of something else.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Isn’t that just relying entirely on abusing the Bee and never actually using his turret or am I thinking of something else.

It actually abuses grenade damage boosts and Tediore guns and the Bee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZTb41sp6iI

Loads of dumb good/bad bugs in the game that make it hilariously awesome at endgame. As an aside, a pair of Mayas dueling with a particular build can build up the highest potential damage burst in the game but it's not practical in most situations.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 1, 2019

Dorothy Lynch
Jul 3, 2018
Street Fighter IV is probably the best e-Sport Ive ever seen simply because its easy to enjoy watching even if you have never played the game.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I played Final Fantasy 1-2, 4-6 on the GBA.

5 was the worse. I never finished it. Games with job systems just don't feel good to me.

2 was the most memorable. Killed this crazy Emperor and killed him again in Hell and again in Heaven with the game's dead characters.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Dorothy Lynch posted:

Street Fighter IV is probably the best e-Sport Ive ever seen simply because its easy to enjoy watching even if you have never played the game.

I think a key thing with fighting games is the theatricality, especially with them traditionally being a social activity back in the arcade days and all. Mortal Kombat has a history of being janky as a game, but it makes for a great spectator sport.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think a key thing with fighting games is the theatricality, especially with them traditionally being a social activity back in the arcade days and all. Mortal Kombat has a history of being janky as a game, but it makes for a great spectator sport.

This is why Dragonball Fighter Z is the best fighting game ever made.

NavanaSokarad
Jan 19, 2019
I really miss my NES and super NES. hearing about all these older games makes me want to find a system and start playing again.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Rutibex posted:

This is why Dragonball Fighter Z is the best fighting game ever made.

That's exactly what also came to mind, it's a pity apparently Toei or someone threw a fit and won't let it on official tournaments.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

NavanaSokarad posted:

I really miss my NES and super NES. hearing about all these older games makes me want to find a system and start playing again.

buy a $30 android box and emulate that poo poo. Only weardos collect physical game cartrages.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That's exactly what also came to mind, it's a pity apparently Toei or someone threw a fit and won't let it on official tournaments.

They fixed that issue.

Unfortunately they didnt fix its underlying mechanical issues and lack of intriguing roster variation (were at like 6 gokus now) and the game is dying fast on the tournament circuit.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Barudak posted:

They fixed that issue.

Unfortunately they didnt fix its underlying mechanical issues and lack of intriguing roster variation (were at like 6 gokus now) and the game is dying fast on the tournament circuit.

Their producer has seriously dropped the ball on DLC. Another Broly? GT Kid Goku? Not Janemba? Not Capsule-bot Bulma a la Tron Bonne? NOT MUTHAFUCKIN MY MAIN MAN ROSHI? Swerve on this season.

Mechanically the game is fine. It maintains a good balance between little things to make the game fun for casuals but enough complexity for top-level players to do some cool stuff. All anime games suffer drop-off after release though because anime fans are trash and 95% of them buy the game to fire it up once in a while and do a special move with their favorite characters/waifus.

They also change too much from iteration to iteration. GG looks great- even better than DBFZ but it's so dense and chock full of useless dumb mechanics that no one wants to play it seriously, combine that with the earlier supposition about trash anime fans and you get dead games. Dead games for all!

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I know they aren't completely the same genre but I couldn't get into DBZ Fighters because it seemed like such a step down funwise from Xenoverse.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I enjoyed Heavy Rain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Metal gear solid 2 is the best metal gear