Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I really hope we get more sassy dialogue options in Shadowbringers, let some of the DK bleed into the main scenario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

FactsAreUseless posted:

She's just a psychopath who can only feel when she's killing. "Killing and jilling," that's the WoL's motto.

No wonder Zenos is so obsessed with her, only the WoL understands the fellow desire for more difficult content enemies.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
If the WoL doesn't punch a first shard moogle upon meeting them, then we've failed Sidurgu and should turn in our DRK job stone.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

TheHeadSage posted:

If the WoL doesn't punch a first shard moogle upon meeting them, then we've failed Sidurgu and should turn in our DRK job stone.

Alternatively, first shard moogles are fat chocobos and it doesn't matter if you punch them or not, they will destroy all.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
I finally stepped into Alphascape Savage yesterday, and now I've got three kills on Chaos. Learning parties seem chill enough nowadays if you ever wanted to try savage raiding but haven't yet. DRGs mobility is a treat here if you can aim.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Leal posted:

I can't believe the WoL is a militant antitheist

Nonono

The Warrior of Light is a Militant Monotheist.

All the pagans must see the primal "gods" are mere powerless idols before the light of Hydaelyn.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rastan Beeza posted:

No wonder Zenos is so obsessed with her, only the WoL understands the fellow desire for more difficult content enemies.
This is why she's so chill about Gaius coming back. She already killed him once, so now he's boring.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

EponymousMrYar posted:

Alternatively, first shard moogles are fat chocobos and it doesn't matter if you punch them or not, they will destroy all.

We already saw first shard moogles in the trailer

they blue now

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Falling in love with midlevel ARR gear again while I level WAR.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

IcePhoenix posted:

"Know that I will kill your god if I have to. Maybe even if I don't." Is still the high point of dialogue in maybe any final fantasy game.

I still love "I have a gambling addiction. Love them horsebirds. Spent my last gil on Kweh Rhapsody."

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Leal posted:

I can't believe the WoL is a militant antitheist
I mean, the gods/primals/whatever do keep trying to set us on fire just for existing. Turnabout is fair play :colbert:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I mean, the gods/primals/whatever do keep trying to set us on fire just for existing. Turnabout is fair play :colbert:

If the gods try to set you on fire, you set them on fire right back. Flare and Foul, too.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

SirSamVimes posted:

I still love "I have a gambling addiction. Love them horsebirds. Spent my last gil on Kweh Rhapsody."
The other option on that choice is also pretty great. "Seventy? Only seventy thousand? Hells, my subligar's worth more than that!"

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

This screenshot is also one of the game's finest moments imo.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The first time I tried to fight Yiazmat I had so much lag I couldn't participate. This time I accidentally teleported out while dead when I thought I was being rezzed. It seems like a terrible fight.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

The first time I tried to fight Yiazmat I had so much lag I couldn't participate. This time I accidentally teleported out while dead when I thought I was being rezzed. It seems like a terrible fight.

Yiazmat is fun as hell, but it's overwhelming if it's your first time because of how fast he gets pushed through his phases these days. There's not as much breathing room to take in each mechanic as it comes. Ridorana is my favorite out of the three Stormblood alliance raids, although Dun Scaith is still probably my favorite alliance raid out of all of them.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Countblanc posted:

We already saw first shard moogles in the trailer

they blue now

if you told me this was a screenshot of doctor who from the 70s i probably would have believed you

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Adus posted:

if you told me this was a screenshot of doctor who from the 70s i probably would have believed you
...It really does look like it could be, doesn't it?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

FactsAreUseless posted:

i'm not a fan of yizmat, too much hp

construct 7 is the best, belias is fine, famrit and yizmat are bad

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Famfrit is mostly confusing. He doesn't bug me but I don't get it.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
It took 3 weeks to get the moon in the right position, be a full moon, and have the right weather. Worth. It.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

SirSamVimes posted:

I picked that one too after I picked up the damned rocks.

SonicRulez posted:

It took 3 weeks to get the moon in the right position, be a full moon, and have the right weather. Worth. It.

Your dedication to the craft is commendable.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I had an idle pre-ShB goal is reaching 300,000,000 gil, and finally made it tonight!

Cross-world visiting actually helped a lot-- things are moving a lot faster on the MB than I'm used to, and in many cases with sizable spikes in price.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Thanks!

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Archyduchess posted:

I had an idle pre-ShB goal is reaching 300,000,000 gil, and finally made it tonight!

Cross-world visiting actually helped a lot-- things are moving a lot faster on the MB than I'm used to, and in many cases with sizable spikes in price.

I think in general if your server:
Had lower prices than the Data center average
Had a closed economy (balmung) meaning your crystal prices couldn't be fed by bots
Had a slow economy.

This data centre thing is gonna be a net gain (which is most servers honestly).

This only probably hurts servers with inflated MB prices, and even then I bet a lot of people wont' bother going cross server for goods soon.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
I started playing around with gpose and I think I'm hooked

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

CYBEReris posted:

still disappointed Lea Monde wasn't part of this ar tier

Same. Atleast we know according to the map shown in Orbonne's quest that it exists and is a major citystate of Othard.

While I'm looking forward to the First Shard, there are so many things on the Source I really want to experience more. Thavnair and Radz-at-Han, Old Sharlayan, Lea Monde, the western continent and Ilsabard... And now we're atleast two years away from further unveiling these places.

Also, post Orbonne spoilers. We see Gabranth in Goug securing Construct 7 for Garlemald, likely due to its ability to dimension-shift thanks to its Tartarus Mode. Will this be a method of them connecting to the First, or something we have yet to discover? And then there's Fran, who is hinted to be in contact with a Dalmascan princess, likely Ashe. What's the story there, why is Ashe still young and naive despite Rabanastre having fallen 30 years past? Maybe it's someone further down the B'nargin line? Balthier was originally meant to be shown during Orbonne instead of Fran, too. Will he eventually make an appearance?

I've got so many questions, but since Shadowbringers takes place on a different shard, I'm afraid I'll be left wondering for a long time. Maybe they'll work around the plot somehow, but if these plot points do not have new areas attached it may feel underwhelming.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

/gpose is the single best feature added to an MMO, and the undeniable proof that the devs both actually play their own game and enjoy playing their game

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

Nonono

The Warrior of Light is a Militant Monotheist.

All the pagans must see the primal "gods" are mere powerless idols before the light of Hydaelyn.

When the WoL has killed all other gods, mom crystal is next.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Leal posted:

*nod*

*palmpunch*

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Leal posted:

I mean I'd be okay with clearing her out earlier.

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

The Grimace posted:

Same. Atleast we know according to the map shown in Orbonne's quest that it exists and is a major citystate of Othard.

While I'm looking forward to the First Shard, there are so many things on the Source I really want to experience more. Thavnair and Radz-at-Han, Old Sharlayan, Lea Monde, the western continent and Ilsabard... And now we're atleast two years away from further unveiling these places.

Also, post Orbonne spoilers. We see Gabranth in Goug securing Construct 7 for Garlemald, likely due to its ability to dimension-shift thanks to its Tartarus Mode. Will this be a method of them connecting to the First, or something we have yet to discover? And then there's Fran, who is hinted to be in contact with a Dalmascan princess, likely Ashe. What's the story there, why is Ashe still young and naive despite Rabanastre having fallen 30 years past? Maybe it's someone further down the B'nargin line? Balthier was originally meant to be shown during Orbonne instead of Fran, too. Will he eventually make an appearance?

I've got so many questions, but since Shadowbringers takes place on a different shard, I'm afraid I'll be left wondering for a long time. Maybe they'll work around the plot somehow, but if these plot points do not have new areas attached it may feel underwhelming.

There is speculation in one of my discords that we will be dealing with Garlemeld as the B plot so to speak, like how we had both Doma and Ala Mhigo. Varius overcompensates for his inadequacies by unleashing the Black Rose while we are off putting the spurs to the First Shard.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Leal posted:

While Hydaelyn is likely suspect, with the way everything regarding Hydaelyn and Zodiark is structured I'll be surprised if the ultimate goal won't be the ending of The Dark Crystal

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

make destroying Hydaelyn the game's swan song Grand Finale, Dalamud style

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 13:51 on May 1, 2019

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm really, really loving starting to hate Minfilia. The slightest little thing goes wrong and she starts wibbling like a toddler that just got told we weren't going to Disneyland.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Seriously though Square give me an FF12 Ivalice MMO. poo poo, give me an FFTA2 Ivalice MMO.

I've wanted an Ivalice MMO ever since I played FFXII and I'd still really love one. Back then I really wanted an MMO where you controlled a party of three like you do in FFXII, gambits and all, and you could group up with two other players to have a nine-character party for stuff.

I guess we have Ivalice in an MMO and soon viera, but I won't be satisfied until I have my Ivalice moogles :colbert: Shoulda had them instead of Hrothgar. They could even still be the Gunbreaker race, given that moogles get all the gun/gadget jobs in FFTA. Just a bunch of badass little gunblade moogles running around would own.

Paperweight
Jan 17, 2007
Am I doing this right?
I haven't played this in 5 years. I've come to hate Discord and I dread the thought of raids and 50 people yapping at once. Have they added enough stuff to solo for the super casual player? I kind of had "fun" leveling all the crafting and gathering classes.

I have two accounts and figure I'll just level up my mule from scratch to get reacquainted with the mechanics all over again. I already hate myself and want to die.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Paperweight posted:

Have they added enough stuff to solo for the super casual player?

There's a pretty wide variety of content in the game for casual play, especially if you include mini-games (Gold Saucer) and the new "limited job" (Blue Mage) that doesn't even let you use the Duty Finder. Once Shadowbringers releases, you'll also be able to run dungeons with story NPC companions for the full solo experience, though I don't know exactly how that works yet or which dungeons it's available for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Famfrit is mostly confusing. He doesn't bug me but I don't get it.

He has only three main mechanics you have to watch out for. When he uses Tsunami, he'll gather a bunch of water in his ewer and then spew it out in a massive directional cone. You watch for what direction he's facing and then run to the opposite side. When he casts Dark Ewer, the Ewers will generally move in a (fairly) straight line from their spawn and you have to dance around them. When he marks people with Doritos, you stack up for them.

Harrow posted:

Back then I really wanted an MMO where you controlled a party of three like you do in FFXII, gambits and all, and you could group up with two other players to have a nine-character party for stuff.

There was actually an MMO with exactly this concept called Granado Espada. It was a neat idea that was completely ruined by it being a KMMO with terribly punishing grinds.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 14:24 on May 1, 2019