Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012
So, I'm currently sitting in 380 crafted gear. What's my next step as far as gearing up? I know I can trade the Rhakshasa gear for some 390 in Rhalgars, but how do I make the jump to 400?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Most cool ideas, designs, settings, etc. are unfortunately hosed up by KMMO grindy poo poo and it's depressing.

I maintain if you want an MMO where you make your party and you have granular control over them, just play Guild Wars 1 it'll scratch that itch. FFXI to a much lesser extent, and FFXII is still a good game.

There's not many games in general that have you actually build your party out to a more granular degree. FFXII is a good one, Dragon's Dogma is also good.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Alphascape savage drops i400 gear, or you can buy i390 tomestone gear and upgrade it to i400 with items you can either get from alphascape savage or from trading in the ivalice raid coins (you'd need a full set of all three per upgrade item.)

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I think with weekly limits you can't go from 0 to a full set of genesis before the expansion drops on a single class. Maybe I'm wrong actually. Seems the max amount of genesis you can get is 8100 until ShB drops.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
A full set of current tome gear is 6385 for every slot (including a second 390 ring) so even if you skimp a little you can get a full i399(400 with a O9S ring) set before the expansion.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Vermain posted:

There was actually an MMO with exactly this concept called Granado Espada. It was a neat idea that was completely ruined by it being a KMMO with terribly punishing grinds.

Oh wow this game actually came out? I remember reading about it back in the day, but after playing one KMMO I never tried (or even followed the development of) another.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Vermain posted:

There was actually an MMO with exactly this concept called Granado Espada. It was a neat idea that was completely ruined by it being a KMMO with terribly punishing grinds.

I remember that one, and I also remember wishing it wasn't a lovely KMMO and could actually let its premise be as fun as it could be. Kind of a neat setting, too.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Axle_Stukov posted:

A full set of current tome gear is 6385 for every slot (including a second 390 ring) so even if you skimp a little you can get a full i399(400 with a O9S ring) set before the expansion.

Also keep in mind it will become the new shire gear, purchasable with poetics and probably cheaper, so just pick the set for the class you want to level first and it’ll work out just fine.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Make sure to cap your mendacity so you can convert it to poetics :eng101:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/KnightsSQEX/status/1123570739250995200/photo/1
Yoshi-P showed up on Asura for their Ixion stress test and said the Shadowbringers benchmark is delayed, but will hopefully be out before the end of May.

For comparison, Heavensward benchmark came out on Apr. 27, 2015, about a month before the Job Actions LIVE, and Stormblood benchmark came out on Apr. 28, 2017, also about a month before the Job Actions LIVE.

Paperweight
Jan 17, 2007
Am I doing this right?
Oh god, I almost forgot how convoluted and terrible the SE site is. Oh sorry, our old store is gone create a new account. Sorry that email address has already been used. Login in your existing account. I loving hate you.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Vermain posted:

This game had an insane OST; part of the wildly expensive development was commissioning like 4+ full pieces of BGM for every single zone (and there were a lot of zones).

Shame it could never live up to its legacy of the successor to Ragnarok Online.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Stormgale posted:

I think in general if your server:
Had lower prices than the Data center average
Had a closed economy (balmung) meaning your crystal prices couldn't be fed by bots
Had a slow economy.

This data centre thing is gonna be a net gain (which is most servers honestly).

This only probably hurts servers with inflated MB prices, and even then I bet a lot of people wont' bother going cross server for goods soon.

The economy wasn’t shaken up as much as I thought it would. My weekly MB shenanigans have been pretty flat since 4.57 and the markets I’m in haven’t moved that much; I made 4k more this week versus last week.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Potassium Problems posted:

I started playing around with gpose and I think I'm hooked

You're in the endgame, now.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Extreme mode is managing your inventory. Savage mode is managing your screenshots folder.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Extreme mode is managing your inventory. Savage mode is managing your screenshots folder.

I don't care about lion girls or bunny boys but if I don't get more slots in the glamour dresser I'm gonna lose my poo poo

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I'd sacrifice a raid tier for more glam chest slots.

Related. I just need one more shaft from Deltascape 4.0 to get the last piece I'd ever want for glam and it never pops anymore. I wasn't a huge fan of most of the armor this expansion, but I thought they did a super job with the Deltascape stuff. Especially the SAM armor.

EDIT: And as the prophecy foretold, bitch about something, queue pops and I win my shaft with a 98 making some other poor dude upset he didn't win anything.

Givin fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 1, 2019

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.
Along with more dresser slots they need to let us put all AF gear in the armoire. Let us put in relic weapons while we are at it.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Givin posted:

I'd sacrifice a raid tier for more glam chest slots.

I'd sacrifice the entire glamour system for more raiding :colbert:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

orcane posted:

Oh wow this game actually came out? I remember reading about it back in the day, but after playing one KMMO I never tried (or even followed the development of) another.

It's still running and updating, with multiple English versions on Steam.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Just finished 3.4. It was good.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:

Jose Valasquez posted:

I'd sacrifice the entire glamour system for more raiding :colbert:

Wow I don't think I've read a more wrong opinion on the internet before

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Oof, I just heard about the Garo stuff going away. Considering I've never touched the Feast, I guess I should get to grinding that out sooner rather than later.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Do your daily Frontline roulettes and get all the clothes you want in a few months. Going for the mounts is a whole other ballgame, because they require that you actually win.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Potassium Problems posted:

I don't care about lion girls or bunny boys but if I don't get more slots in the glamour dresser I'm gonna lose my poo poo

You're not for awhile. No changes at launch. Priority is adding more plates > letting you change glams more places > more slots in the toilet. 5.1 at the earliest for anything, unless they changed their plans.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I guess it's time to be smug about my Garo mounts.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

i just hit level 25 and got a chocobo, jealous?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Hogama posted:

https://twitter.com/KnightsSQEX/status/1123570739250995200/photo/1
Yoshi-P showed up on Asura for their Ixion stress test and said the Shadowbringers benchmark is delayed, but will hopefully be out before the end of May.

For comparison, Heavensward benchmark came out on Apr. 27, 2015, about a month before the Job Actions LIVE, and Stormblood benchmark came out on Apr. 28, 2017, also about a month before the Job Actions LIVE.

This is slightly worrying

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Blockhouse posted:

This is slightly worrying

I mean, there have been several times where they've said, "we just barely got this thing ready before the presentation!" Hrothgar, several music zones, the Shadowbringers trailer itself...

It seems likely that they're running a bit behind.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

RisqueBarber posted:

I read this as a level 25 chocobo and I WAS jealous at first.

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

RisqueBarber posted:

I have a bunch of silly mounts and I still use my chocobo more often than anything else. Chocobro makes solo content tolerable.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

Rainuwastaken posted:

I mean, there have been several times where they've said, "we just barely got this thing ready before the presentation!" Hrothgar, several music zones, the Shadowbringers trailer itself...

It seems likely that they're running a bit behind.

I hope the team isn't exhausting themselves to cross the finish line like HW, but I also hope this won't mean ShB will be rushed, because I like the idea of this expac and it has promise, and I'd hate to see it get petered out to meet the deadline.

Fureil posted:

I have a bunch of silly mounts and I still use my chocobo more often than anything else. Chocobro makes solo content tolerable.

:same:

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Sigh I literally never remember to use my chocobo. I'm level 50 and I'm sure it's level 2.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

BrightWing posted:

Yes, it is. Dyed Dalamud Red to help get the color to pop more. I love this thing.

What pants are these? They look awesome.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

khysanth posted:

Sigh I literally never remember to use my chocobo. I'm level 50 and I'm sure it's level 2.

At least they buffed the XP you get for the chocobuddy so it's not completely awful anymore. Of course, the best time to level it was exploiting the BLU XP bonus before they changed it :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fureil posted:

what does riding your chocobo have to do with solo content :confused:

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

what does riding your chocobo have to do with solo content :confused:

i only just got one but it makes me faster so I can do more content in less time

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RisqueBarber posted:

i only just got one but it makes me faster so I can do more content in less time

sure but you can do that with any mount

vvv I forgot that was even a restriction at some point, that must be the source of confusion vvv

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 1, 2019

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Fureil posted:

Fyi they changed it at some point so you can have your chocobo summoned as a companion while also riding a different mount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
I actually think Ten Chi Jin is one of the worst buttons I've ever pressed in an MMO and I've gone through a lot of those in my misguided life.