Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

pseudanonymous posted:

I just love how Republicans talk about small government and letting local people have control, but they literally never follow that principle.
There is a new trend in red states of stripping local control from more liberal cities. I believe Alabama passed some bill a couple of years ago which made it so that local cities could not pass ordinances protecting LGBT people. This bill here in FL is the same poo poo except for the environment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

RandomBlue posted:

Way to steal a poo poo joke from Chase that even they were embarrassed to have made and deleted fairly quickly.

Nothing is too embarrassing for Ben Shapiro

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I've never gotten the avocado toast thing. Avocados aren't like, an expensive luxury item or anything.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

DrNutt posted:

I've never gotten the avocado toast thing. Avocados aren't like, an expensive luxury item or anything.

It's all about differentness. It's a newer thing so therefore bad.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhanks for posting that in here?

looks like SOMEBODY's toast was light on avocados this morning

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Kamala is spinning him around

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

DrNutt posted:

Avocado Toast in restaurants has a huge markup, and a specific article from a while back blamed all our ills on it

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
Wasn’t it a huge thing that goons discussed for years that, if Mueller and the AG disagreed in any way about the final report, it would result in immediate Congressional Intel briefings or release of the report or something? Because I haven’t seen anyone mention it since, after they obviously disagreed and Mueller went full coward.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

DrNutt posted:

Wasn't the original thing from some article where some conservative was at a restaurant, and they had avocado toast on the menu and it was like $22 or some such then he "overheard" (made up) some millennial who ordered it talking about how he couldn't afford to buy a house or something. That's what I recall it originating with.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

DrNutt posted:

probably because a lot of old white people only know of avocado as something that costs a $1.50 extra to get on your sandwich at subway or in your burrito. so of course millenials must be paying $15.00 for it at the coffee house and not $.075 for an avocado at the store

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

theflyingorc posted:

Avocado Toast in restaurants has a huge markup, and a specific article from a while back blamed all our ills on it

The Sean posted:

It's all about differentness. It's a newer thing so therefore bad.

Media is so loving stupid.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

this... this is some grade A nonsense.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Is there a massive plastic straw lobby that pays these morons, or is this just out of the "own the libs" of their dying boomer brains?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/JessicaHuseman/status/1123605398982930433

Saw this earlier but the secret service part is hilarious.

Also, not one of those is top-shelf liquor. Though maybe it is in Trump's lovely resorts?

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
I hadn't previously heard people talking about the issues that Harris was raising. I wonder if those are particularly important questions that simply hadn't come up in the public consciousness or just some particularly arcade internal DoJ policies.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

DrNutt posted:

Media is so loving stupid.

Lazy.

"lol kids these days are so out of touch, not like YOUR GENERATION"

and

"Look at these waaaaacky california liberals, not REAL AMERICA"

are easy articles that always sell.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

So, an outright command, then.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

"That depends on what the definition of 'is' is."

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, I'm not watching but I hope she called out his bullshit on that. A loving 5 year old would understand the intent of the question.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

TulliusCicero posted:

Is there a massive plastic straw lobby that pays these morons, or is this just out of the "own the libs" of their dying boomer brains?

I've heard a massive amount of "own the libs" responses to the plastic straw bans. It's loving ridiculous.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Nail Rat posted:

Also, not one of those is top-shelf liquor. Though maybe it is in Trump's lovely resorts?

Rich people often have lovely taste in booze.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

TulliusCicero posted:

The latter, primarily, I think. Though there's probably a bit of pressure from the disposable utensil manufacturers as well.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/EJDionne/status/1123656900900478977

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Nail Rat posted:

Yeah I can't speak to much but the tequila but those were basically the cheapest possible Patron and Don Julio bottles they were drinking from.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

i am harry posted:

HOW DARE YOU

Lawl, I'm writing an article about this painting right now.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

ReidRansom posted:

The latter, primarily, I think. Though there's probably a bit of pressure from the disposable utensil manufacturers as well.

Conservatives are extremely against conservation of any kind.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

AmiYumi posted:

Wasn’t it a huge thing that goons discussed for years that, if Mueller and the AG disagreed in any way about the final report, it would result in immediate Congressional Intel briefings or release of the report or something? Because I haven’t seen anyone mention it since, after they obviously disagreed and Mueller went full coward.

Yeah but the person in charge of that process is Barr.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

ReidRansom posted:

The national restaurant association (lobbying group) is also massively resistant to *any* restaurant regulation/change in general, lest it someday might lead to minimum wage increases.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RandomBlue posted:

Yeah, I'm not watching but I hope she called out his bullshit on that. A loving 5 year old would understand the intent of the question.

like... SUGGEST is the most generous word for what she's getting at.

If they didn't "suggest" someone, did they loving order him to investigate someone?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Feinne posted:

Yeah I can't speak to much but the tequila but those were basically the cheapest possible Patron and Don Julio bottles they were drinking from.

Woodford Reserve is also like a $30 bottle when true top shelf bourbon is $100 and up.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

WE GOT HIM!

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

BrandorKP posted:

Rich people often have lovely taste in booze.

see also: Draper, Don

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Someone should ask Joe Manchin if he's proud of his vote to confirm Barr.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Chilichimp posted:

Barr's ability to shamelessly present sophistry and pedantry as a genuine concern that he is adhering to strict legal definition and language is amazing.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

RandomBlue posted:

WE GOT HIM!

*5 minutes later*

We sadly must report that the WE GOT HIM! banner is racist.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Strange Poon posted:

Lindsey Graham licking those boots extra hard.

Graham is even more infuriating to me than anyone in the Trump administration. Remember when he said a new war with NK would be great and be worth it?

I so want him to lose reelection next year, but I don't know if I can see it happening in South Carolina

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

I'm startin' to get real upset knowing that a republican senate just means nothing matters, because this is bonkers bullshit

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Ted Cruz heard you were talkin poo poo about Lindsay licking boot and said 'hold my beer'.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Pompeo is the worst SecState of our time.

https://twitter.com/kylieatwood/status/1123340702992171011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Nail Rat posted:

Woodford Reserve is also like a $30 bottle when true top shelf bourbon is $100 and up.

Also they did 26 shots of tequila with no sangrita? loving shameful.