Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

jokes posted:

Most cool ideas, designs, settings, etc. are unfortunately hosed up by KMMO grindy poo poo and it's depressing.

Black Desert Online has a pretty cool crafting/gathering/hireling management system that's neat and interesting and absolutely ruined by the rest of the game it supports.

Rastan Beeza posted:

I hope the team isn't exhausting themselves to cross the finish line like HW, but I also hope this won't mean ShB will be rushed, because I like the idea of this expac and it has promise, and I'd hate to see it get petered out to meet the deadline.

They probably are if only because this appears to be the de-facto state of the industry :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Zeg posted:

What pants are these? They look awesome.

I believe velveteen striped slops.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Remember too it’s like super holiday time in Japan right now. Golden week and the new Emperor.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

EponymousMrYar posted:

Black Desert Online has a pretty cool crafting/gathering/hireling management system that's neat and interesting and absolutely ruined by the rest of the game it supports.

They probably are if only because this appears to be the de-facto state of the industry :eng99:

Didn't yoship mention, not even that long ago, that they were still stuck in development hell?

edit: I imagine that by development hell he meant pre-production of sorts.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Garin posted:

I actually think Ten Chi Jin is one of the worst buttons I've ever pressed in an MMO and I've gone through a lot of those in my misguided life.

Most nins hate that button. It's just not fun.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Phew I thought it was just me.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Brainamp posted:

Most nins hate that button. It's just not fun.

TCJ would be infinitely better if 1) the ninjutsu cast immediately upon entering each mudra, and 2) movement didn't interrupt it.

Yes I know Doton is in there and expects additional input just have TCJ force a <t> to auto place on your target or fail entirely and call you a loser if your target is too far or invalid.

Or if it you absolutely must push the Ninjutsu button, at least make the entire effect uninterruptible.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Zeg posted:

What pants are these? They look awesome.

Eimi posted:

I believe velveteen striped slops.

Close! Im using Serge Hose of Casting dyed Soot Black, the stripes made it look more caster-y I thought. The boots are Anemos Boots, because they go with everything.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Thundarr posted:

Yes I know Doton is in there and expects additional input just have TCJ force a <t> to auto place on your target or fail entirely and call you a loser if your target is too far or invalid.

Doton goes on top of the Ninja, not the target. Unless I've been missing something about Doton for years.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Garin posted:

I actually think Ten Chi Jin is one of the worst buttons I've ever pressed in an MMO and I've gone through a lot of those in my misguided life.

Wow, what a nuclear take.

I need sunglasses.

Where is my SPF 10.

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan

Axle_Stukov posted:

Doton goes on top of the Ninja, not the target. Unless I've been missing something about Doton for years.

Doton is on top of the ninja, yeah. It's unfortunate that it's the other damage path in the cooldown because it's awkward to use for me right now. I just wish it didn't punish movement or shaky hands as I've double-tapped a mudra ending in a final bunny more often than not with Ten Chi Jin.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
hey i know everyone hates pvp in this thread but if you don't! mel and I are looking for a tank and a melee dps to do team feast / frontlines small squad stuff with

you don't have to be pro esports or whatever, we'll teach you (and learn since we're both new to it as well). it'll be chill and fun

if you're in the catgirls discord we're in the lfg/na chat, if not just hit me up @surtrz#0637 or here via pm, thanks

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
If I have characters on different servers but the same datacenter, can one character buy anothers item listings as a way to transfer gil cross-server?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Verranicus posted:

If I have characters on different servers but the same datacenter, can one character buy anothers item listings as a way to transfer gil cross-server?

You can but it's probably significantly easier just to ask someone to transfer it for you.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

ImpAtom posted:

You can but it's probably significantly easier just to ask someone to transfer it for you.

I didn't think you could trade with people from other servers?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Verranicus posted:

I didn't think you could trade with people from other servers?

Can't, but since transfers are free for a bit, it's a good opportunity to get set up on a server

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
You can totally trade with people while world-visiting. :ssh: It's how I gave my alt a main-character-prepared levekit and some glamour clothes, via a goon go-between.

But yeah, trading with someone on Aether whilst on Primal is basically a non-starter.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Oh, see, I ask because my slots are all full on Balmung so I thought I'd make an alt for fun on Mateus and just funnel all the gil he makes to my main on Balmung. I don't plan on transferring anyone.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Verranicus posted:

Oh, see, I ask because my slots are all full on Balmung so I thought I'd make an alt for fun on Mateus and just funnel all the gil he makes to my main on Balmung. I don't plan on transferring anyone.

Then yes, you can do this very easily via world-visiting if you find a friend on Balmung you can trust.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Yapping Eevee posted:

Then yes, you can do this very easily via world-visiting if you find a friend on Balmung you can trust.

Okay, neat, thanks.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

perfection

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Kerrzhe posted:

purrfection

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Garin posted:

lovely for me to quote myself, but

SonicRulez posted:

Yozora Heart's Guide to Galaxy Brain Ninja Strats:

1) Flub your mudra and get a bunny.
2) See that Kassatsu is off cooldown. Press Kassatsu before you clear the bunny.
3) Press your Kassatsu Bunny like a knob
4) Hit Mug
5) Enter Ten Chi Jin because it's time to suffer
6) Move.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
attention nadia raines in dgkk: get your stuff by tomorrow or else it's going on the marketboard

Phone fucked around with this message at 05:36 on May 2, 2019

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Post-70 storytelling gets real good. Finally feels like the WoL is someone significant.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

This is slightly worrying

Also the whole "Change of an era" thing probably hosed up some scheduling around the end of april

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
boy do i feel stupid for getting the urge to play again so i can finish hw and start sb, and buy and redeem a time card without looking at all of the news :(

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Stormgale posted:

Also the whole "Change of an era" thing probably hosed up some scheduling around the end of april

The impression I get from what I've read is that this is a massive cultural deal, so it's inevitable there'd be significant work disruption on anything actually being developed in-region. I just hope they aren't pushing themselves too hard again.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

FactsAreUseless posted:

Post-70 storytelling gets real good. Finally feels like the WoL is someone significant.

This is so very true. I loved things once we got past the whole "Welcome to glorious Nipponland. Nyaaa!" content and poo poo starts going south. Really want the WoL to figure poo poo out with a new set of heroes for a while and let the whole Scions clique sit for a bit.

Also let Doma burn.

tolaziforname
Nov 30, 2008

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

boy do i feel stupid for getting the urge to play again so i can finish hw and start sb, and buy and redeem a time card without looking at all of the news :(

I'm thinking of doing exactly this; what do you mean by "all of the news :("?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Givin posted:

This is so very true. I loved things once we got past the whole "Welcome to glorious Nipponland. Nyaaa!" content and poo poo starts going south. Really want the WoL to figure poo poo out with a new set of heroes for a while and let the whole Scions clique sit for a bit.

Also let Doma burn.

I want Doma to devolve to a mad max wasteland because of the war. I want to see the Slut Bois from Othard turn into rocking metal slut bois with flaming axes and poo poo.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

tolaziforname posted:

theres a free callback campaign going on, with free play time and returner incentives, play time and incentives i missed out on!

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

tolaziforname posted:

Probably that you can get a free consecutive 7 days of game time right now.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Axle_Stukov posted:

Somehow in my delirium I confused the placement of Doton with Shukuchi.

Kobata
Oct 11, 2012

Also Heavensward is free to add to accounts until Shadowbringers EA

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Pigbottom posted:

Didn't yoship mention, not even that long ago, that they were still stuck in development hell?

edit: I imagine that by development hell he meant pre-production of sorts.

Yeah, this game hasn't seen anything close to development hell since Yoshi-P took over 1.0.

tolaziforname
Nov 30, 2008
Well in that case, is it possible for someone to add my character to their friends list, and send me the callback so they get rewards?

Golforte Vanderheyden on Excalibur. That's not how this works :(

tolaziforname fucked around with this message at 00:21 on May 3, 2019

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
1. Is there a minimum level to visit another server?

2. Does the Road to 60 buff only apply to combat classes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Verranicus posted:

1. Is there a minimum level to visit another server?

2. Does the Road to 60 buff only apply to combat classes?

I think you gotta reach the point where you see other players so like 3 mins of content excl cutscenes