Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tender Bender posted:

Like, her boss preying on her didn't happen because of the dinner. It was already happening. But we're not supposed to have sympathy because as a Woman she didn't listen to her Man and prevent the problem from happening, the problem being another man acting lovely.

Nope. Many people have been sympathetic/empathetic with what actually happened to her. They just don't see it license to be an rear end in a top hat- which she was. This should not be a contentious viewpoint to hold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

That straight guy who fell in love with his gay best friend posted an update

I'm(24M) Bi and in love with my gay best friend(23M) UPDATE 3

quote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationship_advice/comments/b3fun9/im24m_straight_and_in_love_with_my_gay_best/ Original post

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationship_advice/comments/b4u10l/im24m_straight_and_in_love_with_my_gay_best/ Update

Update 2 was removed- We're now dating!

Ben and I have been dating for a month now. We've come out to our parents. My family has always loved him. I get the feeling my Mom and Dad love him more than me! LMAO. Ben's originally from Canada but he moved to LA to attend UCLA. He fell in love with the city so he's staying put. We've face-timed his parents and he told them about us, they were over the moon happy. They insisted the next time he flies back home, that I go with him. Our families are rooting for us.

Our friends were shocked is the understatement of the century. All were super accepting. I did happen to have sort of fallout with a female friend of mine. Turns out she had liked me but since I'm now with Ben, she needs space. I'm respecting her decision. I had informed her should she be ready to talk, I'll be open to it.

Me and Ben are still going strong. We're crazy about each other. As for intimacy, we've haven't had "sex" but we've done other things. I've never been with a guy before and the only sexual encounters he's had with another guy were with his ex. I take the dominate role and he's the submissive one.

We've discussed it and he's told me that it's up me. I want to now. It's now more of a when? plus I'm sort of nervous because I've never been with a guy before and I don't want to disappoint.

:kimchi:

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

I (19M) just found out that my girlfriend (26F) has been sh*t-talking the ring I made her for her birthday, and is planning on selling it

quote:

I don’t want this to drag on too long, but I’ve been dating my girlfriend for about a year now, and her birthday is in a few weeks. I made her a ring out of resin (with little flowers in it) quite a while in advance, and she found it while she was going through our drawers.

I was hoping she’d be happy with it, but I’ve recently been informed by our mutual friends that she cried for hours because apparently “I don’t think she’s worth diamonds”. She’s also been calling me a “cheap loser” and she plans on selling the ring on eBay (from what our friends have told me). Her best friend told me today that she threw a full-blown tantrum over the ring.

Is what she has done too much to forgive her for? I’m considering just buying her a diamond ring to appease her.

TL;DR: Made a resin flower ring for gf’s birthday, she hates it and is poo poo-talking, crying, having tantrums, and threatening to sell it. Should I give in and buy her a new ring, or just live with my mistake?

Hm, you seem to be more emotionally mature than your girlfriend. Sell her on ebay.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
There was an update to that post about the woman that cheated on her boyfriend and he became a kind robot:

quote:

Edit 2: Everything commenters have said is valid and i thank you all for it, basically my question is answered, but just for an update for those following the story, he texted me this: “Hey x, please don’t feel bad or try to show me how sorry you are. I’ve been separating myself from our relationship for months, I do not think (planned LDR details) will work, and I was too scared to bring it up. I’m not angry at you and I won’t be, but that form of us is completely over. Emotionally I haven’t been in the relationship in a while. We have been having problems and I know everybody fucks up (even in ways that are super evil ha ha just joking) and it’s weird to express but I just don’t really care. I’m sure it’ll gently caress me up in a month or something, that seems how these things go, but that’s fine we both have plenty of time in our lives to move on, not a big deal. Please keep me updated on your life if that’s something you’d like to do” basically everybody was right

So it seems like they both knew in their hearts the LDR coming up wasn't gonna work out, so her cheating was probably her subconscious trying to rip the band-aid off quickly, although definitely not the best course of action, it's a bit more understandable why it happened.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
How can a ring be both worth nothing but she's also gonna sell it in eBay?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Miserable Maid posted:

Ok you gotta be trolling now. That's not at all what people are saying, and there's no excuse for the way the boss treated her. Here's clearly a villain preying on people he knows can't fight back.

That said, that doesn't excuse her for being willfully stupid and mean. Just because someone's a victim doesn't mean they suddenly stop being an rear end in a top hat

I'm sorry I don't know how else to interpret your dumb bee analogy because in this case "getting stung" isn't going to a bad dinner, it's realizing you're not as valued at work as you thought you were and that your boss wants to gently caress you and you'll probably have to upend your career and may get blacklisted depending on how connected he is, which was going to happen regardless. And yes i feel sympathy for her regardless of how Correct her fiance was about the dinner.

I mean Lmao I'm sorry your boss harassed you. I'm sure you're very upset. However please keep in mind you're a stupid rear end in a top hat and the real victim is your fiance, who had to suffer through you being mean to him for a day while he was trying to hector you about how right he was.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 01:57 on May 2, 2019

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Twelve Batmans posted:

Lol, anyone who has been paying a shred of attention to the thread

Lol if you think anyone is actually reading you idiots relitigating the same tiresome poo poo ad nauseum

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

AITA for having loud sex as a means of solving a problem with the neighbors

quote:

My partner (30M) and I (29M) live in a building with dozens of apartments. As soon as we moved in about a year ago, our next door neighbors immediately started harassing us over every little thing. There's a leak - must be us! Something's wrong with the electrics - must be us! There is a noise - must be us! They have complained about how loud, often and long we take showers, they are bothered by how loud our AC is, they have questioned us about how many people "actually" live in our apartment after we had some friends over and so on.

I thought they were just crazy annoying old people at first, but a couple of months ago, I overheard them in the hallway and they used very colorful (homophobic) language to talk about us. So instead of continuing to walk on tip toe and turn off the AC and not have people over, we decided to have audible sex. We only do it before 10 pm and quietly enough so that it's not an actual disturbance to other people, so they can't call the cops on us. Our bedroom, living room and bathroom share a wall with this couple's apartment, so they can probably hear us wherever we decide to do it.

We talked about this to several of our friends, and everyone accused us of being assholes (also immature - agreed). Our friends think we should have "called someone" as soon as they started bothering us, but seriously, who? The police? The old people's home? And tell them what, a couple of 70 year olds are bullying us? Anyway, our friends think we should stop doing it.

But since we've been doing it, not only do the neighbors not complain to us anymore, they don't even say hello. We consider our problems to be solved, at the low price of loud sex. I get that it's obnoxious and embarrassing, but so far, diplomacy, smiling, compromises or fighting with them hasn't worked. Besides, we're not having sex much louder than at our old place, where the isolation was good enough not to be heard, so we're not being extra extra nasty. I don't know, are we in the wrong here? Should we stop?

:golfclap:
Whatever it takes to assert your dominance

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This dude is so much fatter than I was ready for with the premise

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA for giving a gift which will totally overshadow everyone else's gift (including his parents) at a party?

Context: my best friend's birthday party is next week (21). Normally me and my friends buy gifts together (always alcohol, I don't live in the US btw), but I want to mix it up now and give something useful for once. I bought a new Macbook for him since he told me once that his current laptop sucks and hates Windows.

I didn't think about it at first but now I am very worried that my gift will totally overshadow anyone else's gift. His parents saved up to give him some kind of alarm clock. I think they are pretty proud that they found a good gift for him, but they will 100% feel bad about their gift when I give him an expensive laptop. My friends will also feel bad I think when they give him (in comparison) a cheap gift.

I suggested to them that we could buy the laptop together but they don't want to spend that much money and now they are pissed at me that I won't join them. They think I am showing off. Also I am afraid that when I gift this friend his laptop, that at next birthday I give someone else a normal gift that they will think I like him/her less. This is stressing me tf out and I need some input.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Miserable Maid posted:

There was an update to that post about the woman that cheated on her boyfriend and he became a kind robot:

So it seems like they both knew in their hearts the LDR coming up wasn't gonna work out, so her cheating was probably her subconscious trying to rip the band-aid off quickly, although definitely not the best course of action, it's a bit more understandable why it happened.

It's not quite a completely mutual breakup that Seinfeld was going on about, but it's close enough

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

That doesn't matter? Yes, the boss is clearly the bad one here, and talking advantage, but she's still an idiot for going along with the dinner, when basically every other woman invited was smart enough to bail. Yeah, he's still a scum bag regardless, but at least at work she has excuses to get away, at a hotel with just him and one other worker, she's basically trapped. It's like entering the Lions' den, she's handing him even more power over her then usual

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for tipping $20 on a $600 1.5 oz pour of bourbon?

I’m sure plenty of you will say I’m a douche or whatever for buying a $600 pour of bourbon. It’s a waste of money and whatnot. That’s fine.

I’m really into bourbon. I’m not rich by any means, but I’m definitely not poor. I can afford the $600. This particular bottle is extremely rare. If I want to buy it now on the secondary market it would be $12,000. I’m not spending that.

I was at a bar the other day and I couldn’t believe they had it. I was with my wife and was telling her about it. She told me to try a pour of it. The bartender says it’s $600 for 1.5 oz which is pretty on par with what it goes for. I figured it would be about that. I really wanted to see what it tasted like so I said, what the hell and got it. It was good, but not worth $600. Basically paying for supply and demand. It was cool to try.

I put it on a separate tab and tabbed that out after getting the pour. I wasn’t going to tip 20% or $120 for the bartender to literally just do what he would have done for any other drink - if that makes sense. I also didn’t want to just give him like $3. So I tipped $20. I figured that was fair for him just opening a bottle and pouring 1.5 oz in a glass and handing it to me. My wife thinks I should have tipped 20% (which we ultimately did as I always do on our normal bill). I told her no and she thinks it was kind of a dick move to not tip 20% of that $600 pour.

AITA for not tipping 20% on that? And I’m sure people will say YTA for ordering a $600 pour of bourbon. I’m nice guy with extra funds. Just didn’t really know what to do in a situation like this. And yes, I know if I can afford $600 I can afford a $120 tip. I get that too. That’s not the point.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

What kind of a girl would be upset that someone made her a ring? That's so loving cool!

Then again mine is from an antique shop but still. What a bitch.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Miserable Maid posted:

That doesn't matter? Yes, the boss is clearly the bad one here, and talking advantage, but she's still an idiot for going along with the dinner, when basically every other woman invited was smart enough to bail. Yeah, he's still a scum bag regardless, but at least at work she has excuses to get away, at a hotel with just him and one other worker, she's basically trapped. It's like entering the Lions' den, she's handing him even more power over her then usual

And yet the reason she's hurting is because her boss is a lecherous creep who's ruining her career, and the person who's supposed to be there for her is primarily concerned with making sure she didn't gently caress and getting to see those perky D's.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I already hate you if you're paying $600 for bourbon. So yes.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I (21F) felt uncomfortable by my boyfriend (21M) of three years behaviour at the library for the university we both attend.

I walk up to my boyfriend in the library and start talking about my psych class to my boyfriend, a girl sitting at a table near him hears me and starts staring at me as I talk, because she is also in the class and wanted to hear what I was saying about the upcoming midterm.

I looked at her and kinda said "hi" because she was staring. She said "Sorry for staring, I just heard you talking about the midterm". I say "Are you working on the review right now?" And go over to talk to her about it, about 4 feet away from him.

After a minute or two he interrupts us and says "Can I have my girlfriend back?" It comes off as kinda demanding, aggressive and controlling. She's confused and seems a bit uncomfortable, like she's not sure if he's serious or not and says "what?". I feel awkward and embarrassed (we're in a quiet library and there's a lot of people studying around us). I try to lighten up the situation and say "oh it's okay," and brush it off. He repeats himself, asking for me back again, and she says "no" to this and tries to laughs it off. At this point I'm convinced she's assuming he's joking and is trying to make it less awkward by saying no and joking back.

He persists a bit, I tell him to give us a few minutes. After a minute I go back and talk to him quickly before I leave, because my sister is waiting for me so we can drive home.

He texts me right after I leave saying he's mildly upset at that girl for saying no to him and "how loving dare she say I can't have you back". I ask him if he is seriously upset, because I'm not even sure if he's joking or not. He says he's a 2/10 on the upset scale.

He says that he doesn't get much time with me and was upset that our conversation was interrupted. I tell him how I felt embarrassed by his actions and that I understood why the girl acted the way she did, and don't feel she was doing anything wrong. He says it upsets him that I called him controlling. (I actually said I felt he probably came off as really controlling to those around us, not that he actually is controlling)

He says he's done with the conversation for now, and stops texting back.

I think about whether I should say anything back. I say I'm sorry the girl upset him by interrupting and saying no to him, and that I'm sorry he felt upset by me saying he was acting controlling. I tell him I'm not sure if he was intending to end the conversation in a passive aggressive way, but that I hope he feels less upset soon.

A bit later I tell him he that I meant to let him know how beautiful he looked smiling in the sunlight at the library. He hasn't texted back.

Stuff like this doesn't happen too often, but this isn't the first time that I've felt he's kinda publicly establishing dominance over me and others. He does often end conversations in that way though, and I've told him before that I don't really like it, but I respect that he may need time to calm down before he continues talking.

Please give me your perspective on this or some legitimate advice, nothing mean, unnecessary or unhelpful.

Tldr: boyfriend embarrasses me in the library by aggressively asking a girl I was speaking to if he could "have me back", then gets mad at the girl for saying no and trying to laugh it off.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

.....It was good, but not worth $600..........

Pappy claims another clueless victim.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If youre going to spend 600 usd on 45 ml of alcohol, just move to a county that doesnt have tipping. You can afford it.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I’m sure plenty of you will say I’m a douche or whatever for buying a $600 pour of bourbon. It’s a waste of money and whatnot. That’s fine.

I’m really into bourbon. I’m not rich by any means, but I’m definitely not poor. I can afford the $600. This particular bottle is extremely rare. If I want to buy it now on the secondary market it would be $12,000. I’m not spending that.

I was at a bar the other day and I couldn’t believe they had it. I was with my wife and was telling her about it. She told me to try a pour of it. The bartender says it’s $600 for 1.5 oz which is pretty on par with what it goes for. I figured it would be about that. I really wanted to see what it tasted like so I said, what the hell and got it. It was good, but not worth $600. Basically paying for supply and demand. It was cool to try.

I put it on a separate tab and tabbed that out after getting the pour. I wasn’t going to tip 20% or $120 for the bartender to literally just do what he would have done for any other drink - if that makes sense. I also didn’t want to just give him like $3. So I tipped $20. I figured that was fair for him just opening a bottle and pouring 1.5 oz in a glass and handing it to me. My wife thinks I should have tipped 20% (which we ultimately did as I always do on our normal bill). I told her no and she thinks it was kind of a dick move to not tip 20% of that $600 pour.

AITA for not tipping 20% on that? And I’m sure people will say YTA for ordering a $600 pour of bourbon. I’m nice guy with extra funds. Just didn’t really know what to do in a situation like this. And yes, I know if I can afford $600 I can afford a $120 tip. I get that too. That’s not the point.

I'm pretty sure the bartender thought of you as a cheap bastard the minute you sat down.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

DemoneeHo posted:

This loving owns.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Resting Lich Face posted:

This loving owns.
How do you know? Just because it's loud doesn't mean it's good.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My Bi-Polar Jackpot

I'm a 24 year old woman. I've lived on my own since I was 19 and had a chaotic upbringing. Since I was a child I've suffered with severe bouts of depression and I have had a few manic episodes when I was younger. I have social anxiety and on my best days, realistic self esteem. I know I'm pretty, but I also recognize my faults. I've been to therapy a few times in high school, but I was never diagnosed with bipolar disorder... It was only suggested that maybe I fit the diagnosis. (I was on Medicaid my entire life until I was 18, if anything went wrong with me that wasn't "medically necessary", it was dismissed and not covered).

Two years ago, I befriended a man on Youtube. We enjoyed each other's videos and started an online flirtation.

January of this year, he moved from Chicago to Lafayette, LA to be with me. Since then, I have been on cloud nine. For the most part.

He's 28. He was diagnosed with bipolar as a pre-teen and hasn't been on medication since he was 16 or so. He is impulsive, a liar, has no long term goals, and has traveled the world because of a settlement he won 8 years ago after a Chicago city bus hit him. He has been with many women and has abandoned almost every serious relationship because he says "it's just me, I get bored."

I knew of his tendency towards flight before we became involved. I didn't think anything of it because he could be anywhere in the world and chose to be with me. Our relationship has been very healthy up until October.

We share a car, and in October, he dropped me off at work and never picked me up. He left me stranded ten miles away from home. I called a friend to bring me home and was devastated when I walked in. He left his dog, and took everything else. In a panic, I called him. And called him. I messaged the few of his friends I knew of on Facebook to try to figure out what was going through his head.

He finally called me back to berate me about contacting his friends. He said I had no right to do so. He said he felt trapped and had to leave. After ten months of dating and living together I finally told him "I love you."

An hour later, he called me in tears. He was puking and choking out the words "I have to come back because I need you. I love you. I thought I had to leave because I was trapped and wanted to get out, but I was just making excuses. You take care of me and no one has ever done that for me. I love you. I'm coming home. I want you to slap me when I get through the door."

He was all the way in Arkansas. His voice, well, it still haunts me. Ever since he's gotten back, he's had more mood swings. One day he wants to leave, the next he wants to buy a new TV together. When I ask him why he wants to leave, he seems to give me excuse after excuse.

I don't like Louisiana. I get bored easily. I want to meet new people. I need to figure my poo poo out.

When I ask him why he came back he tells me it's because he couldn't leave me without a car. I am always trying to discern what are just excuses, and when he's being honest. For the most part, I am trying to be patient. Because with the lows, there are also the highs.

We have sex. Good sex. We watch movies and laugh and play and oh poo poo it is euphoric. On most days, he seems like there's nowhere else he'd rather be.

This past Sunday, he lied to me again. He said he was going to a friend's house, there were only two friend possibilities. I asked both friends if he made it there yet (it was a foggy night) and they both claimed he was there at the same time. I know he was probably doing something he shouldn't do.

When he got home that night, I confronted him about it and he turned it around on me. He accused me of snooping on him, because one of his local friends (a girl that I did not know existed) had received an anonymous message that he had a girlfriend. I don't know who it was, but he thinks it was me. This has created tension, and now he is wanting to leave again, I think.

This time, he is saying he wants to stay in Lafayette. Give the city a chance. He says he loves me, and I have done nothing wrong. So basically, the only thing he wants to change about his situation is the inclusion of me. I love my boyfriend. Even though he has put me through hell with mood swings, abandonment, and probable infidelity, every time I look at him I feel like I've won the jackpot.

I would like to believe that he has been trying to give our relationship an honest chance. That even though he says "I'm not good at commitment" that he's trying. I know I am flawed, that I need stability and that's just not for everyone. But I feel like he is always quitting when things get hard. It seems that on good days, he has not a care in the world and he's happy. But on bad days, he just feels like he needs to escape because it would be that much easier.

I need to know Reddit, is there any chance that this might survive? Or is it a one sided battle with me wanting to make it work, and he is just giving up?

He says he hates doing this to me. He says he doesn't want to. But he also tells me "I'm sorry. It's just how I am."

Is it possible that he is just as scared (of change) as I am (of losing him a.k.a. change in a different context)?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My Bi-Polar Jackpot

I'm a 24 year old woman. I've lived on my own since I was 19 and had a chaotic upbringing. Since I was a child I've suffered with severe bouts of depression and I have had a few manic episodes when I was younger. I have social anxiety and on my best days, realistic self esteem. I know I'm pretty, but I also recognize my faults. I've been to therapy a few times in high school, but I was never diagnosed with bipolar disorder... It was only suggested that maybe I fit the diagnosis. (I was on Medicaid my entire life until I was 18, if anything went wrong with me that wasn't "medically necessary", it was dismissed and not covered).

Two years ago, I befriended a man on Youtube. We enjoyed each other's videos and started an online flirtation.

January of this year, he moved from Chicago to Lafayette, LA to be with me. Since then, I have been on cloud nine. For the most part.

He's 28. He was diagnosed with bipolar as a pre-teen and hasn't been on medication since he was 16 or so. He is impulsive, a liar, has no long term goals, and has traveled the world because of a settlement he won 8 years ago after a Chicago city bus hit him. He has been with many women and has abandoned almost every serious relationship because he says "it's just me, I get bored."

I knew of his tendency towards flight before we became involved. I didn't think anything of it because he could be anywhere in the world and chose to be with me. Our relationship has been very healthy up until October.

We share a car, and in October, he dropped me off at work and never picked me up. He left me stranded ten miles away from home. I called a friend to bring me home and was devastated when I walked in. He left his dog, and took everything else. In a panic, I called him. And called him. I messaged the few of his friends I knew of on Facebook to try to figure out what was going through his head.

He finally called me back to berate me about contacting his friends. He said I had no right to do so. He said he felt trapped and had to leave. After ten months of dating and living together I finally told him "I love you."

An hour later, he called me in tears. He was puking and choking out the words "I have to come back because I need you. I love you. I thought I had to leave because I was trapped and wanted to get out, but I was just making excuses. You take care of me and no one has ever done that for me. I love you. I'm coming home. I want you to slap me when I get through the door."

He was all the way in Arkansas. His voice, well, it still haunts me. Ever since he's gotten back, he's had more mood swings. One day he wants to leave, the next he wants to buy a new TV together. When I ask him why he wants to leave, he seems to give me excuse after excuse.

I don't like Louisiana. I get bored easily. I want to meet new people. I need to figure my poo poo out.

When I ask him why he came back he tells me it's because he couldn't leave me without a car. I am always trying to discern what are just excuses, and when he's being honest. For the most part, I am trying to be patient. Because with the lows, there are also the highs.

We have sex. Good sex. We watch movies and laugh and play and oh poo poo it is euphoric. On most days, he seems like there's nowhere else he'd rather be.

This past Sunday, he lied to me again. He said he was going to a friend's house, there were only two friend possibilities. I asked both friends if he made it there yet (it was a foggy night) and they both claimed he was there at the same time. I know he was probably doing something he shouldn't do.

When he got home that night, I confronted him about it and he turned it around on me. He accused me of snooping on him, because one of his local friends (a girl that I did not know existed) had received an anonymous message that he had a girlfriend. I don't know who it was, but he thinks it was me. This has created tension, and now he is wanting to leave again, I think.

This time, he is saying he wants to stay in Lafayette. Give the city a chance. He says he loves me, and I have done nothing wrong. So basically, the only thing he wants to change about his situation is the inclusion of me. I love my boyfriend. Even though he has put me through hell with mood swings, abandonment, and probable infidelity, every time I look at him I feel like I've won the jackpot.

I would like to believe that he has been trying to give our relationship an honest chance. That even though he says "I'm not good at commitment" that he's trying. I know I am flawed, that I need stability and that's just not for everyone. But I feel like he is always quitting when things get hard. It seems that on good days, he has not a care in the world and he's happy. But on bad days, he just feels like he needs to escape because it would be that much easier.

I need to know Reddit, is there any chance that this might survive? Or is it a one sided battle with me wanting to make it work, and he is just giving up?

He says he hates doing this to me. He says he doesn't want to. But he also tells me "I'm sorry. It's just how I am."

Is it possible that he is just as scared (of change) as I am (of losing him a.k.a. change in a different context)?

Ah finally Pick posts a story

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

My hot take: "snooping" on a bipolar partner who's abandoned you and their dog and driven a state away on complete impulse is somewhere between "totally understandable" and "a necessary safety precaution" on the moral scale.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

DemoneeHo posted:

:golfclap:
Whatever it takes to assert your dominance

When you think about it, loud gay sex is the solution to many of life's problems.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Motronic posted:

Bad situation with my Husband (35M) and Cousin (20F) [new]
submitted 3 hours ago by Shitty10throwaway

"Is this divorce time?" Really? Like this is a question? This isn't divorce time this is "confirm the life insurance and make him disappear time".

e:

Shitty10throwaway
Score hidden ·
5 hours ago

Thank you everyone for taking ng time to comment. I'm sorry I can't reply to each one. Today has been crazy. I'm moving back into my parent's house and getting my stuff right now. I have an appointment with a lawyer for next week.

Xik fucked around with this message at 02:50 on May 2, 2019

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tender Bender posted:

Like, her boss preying on her didn't happen because of the dinner. It was already happening. But we're not supposed to have sympathy because as a Woman she didn't listen to her Man and prevent the problem from happening, the problem being another man acting lovely.

She literally uses threatening to break up with him to control him.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

JFairfax posted:

Ah finally Pick posts a story

quote:

He is impulsive, a liar, has no long term goals, and has traveled the world because of a settlement he won 8 years ago after a Chicago city bus hit him.

Sure sounds like a keeper. You should break your own soul trying to stay with him. Remember, not only can you fix him, but you have a responsibility to!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Turtlicious posted:

She literally uses threatening to break up with him to control him.

This is a hell of an extrapolation to make from that throwaway line, and I would ask why you don't apply that scrutiny to the many examples of the OP being an rear end in a top hat, but I already know the answer.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Drink tips don’t work like a straight 20% all the time but in this type of situation yes, if you don’t tip at least 20% you’re a massive rear end in a top hat.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

I'm ages behind, but I had to comment on a few before I finish catching up. I will try to get some more content later tonight.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my friend's husband about her secret food stash?
I was helping Mandy unload groceries the other day and came across a huge Tupperware bin the back of her suv. I assumed she wanted it unloaded but as I moved it, the lid came loose and it was packed to the gills with treats, most opened and half eaten. I asked her about it. She got super defensive and told me to mind my own business. I asked her if this why she's gaining weight. She told me to gently caress off. I texted her husband because in the heat of the moment I was furious she had spoken to me like that.
lmao thoroughly owned

Hughlander posted:

AITA for not wanting my fiancé to go to dinner with her boss?
"You were right but I'm still pissed at you!" :byodame:

DemoneeHo posted:

My (28 M) girlfriend (29 F) refuses to swear during sex. It's making things... kinda weird.
Gosh darn it, I am pulling for this to be real.

TheManWithNoName posted:

In Canada, Fireball comes in bags.
:hai:

e: oh god I just read the ex-wife photo destruction one. yesssss that's the stuff.

DeadMansSuspenders fucked around with this message at 03:47 on May 2, 2019

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

This one just keeps getting worse and worse as you go. It's like OP is saving the juicy details for the end.

Girlfriend of 7 years dirty texting and making out with co worker [new]
submitted 45 minutes ago by Redditquestions333

quote:

I'll try to make this story as short as possible.

3 months ago I caught her saving a picture of his snapchat, got in an argument, she said hes just a friend and a coworker and she tried saving a video he sent so she could show her co workers.

She lied and said she was going to the bar with my brothers wife. My friend said she was at the bar with her coworkers

I caught a snapchat of him saying is that the cat I pet? Meaning she sent a picture of the cat and her, and that means he was in my house. She said he came over for 2 minutes and gave her 4 hydrocodone.

Her mom and I both told her to block him on everything, she did. A week later I caught her re adding him on Facebook and snapchat and unblocking his texts. She said hes just a co worker theres no reason she can't talk to him

He text her at 1am and said "hey you". I caught her at the bar with him and 1 more co worker. She kissed him in the parking lot of the bar this night.

I checked her GPS and she left work for 2 hours. She said her boss asked her to take a new guy to pick a broke down trucker. I asked her boss he said that she actually asked him to go and it was with this kid. She admitted it then. I find out later they made out in the work parking lot this day

Now the big one, I back up her text messages and saw outgoing messages, some missing, and some of her messages to him were "well the day has definitely come" which I find out he said i can't believe we would be talking like this. Other texts include "I seriously want you so bad" "uh I want you inside me" "I literally can't wait to feel your **** inside me". And all of these messages have emoticons with them like drool faces or winks. Another one was "it sucks we wont have time to hangout as much with us working late". Apparently hes moving in 2 weeks. She lied about staying at work till 1am and said she fell asleep at the desk. She was freezing and smelt like booze. Like I believed that.

She is apologizing saying it's a big mistake and she didnt realize what she was doing and that this isn't her. We have been together 7 years and have a 2 and 3 year old kid. This is basically the outline of the story. What do you guys recommend I do? I already have a lawyer. Do I give her another chance or would you guys can her and kick her cheating rear end to the curb

Tl;dr girlfriend of 7 years with a 2 and 3 year old dirty texting and making out with a 23 yr old co worker. She is 30 I am 33.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

TheManWithNoName posted:

In Canada, Fireball comes in bags.

Can you elaborate on this? 'In a bag' like how box wine comes in a bag? Or is it a bag containing those airline size bottles.

What's the alcohol content of Fireball anyway? I can't say I've had any since going to college parties.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

DreamingofRoses posted:

You have clearly never thought of anything from a non Madonna-like woman’s point of view.

In conclusion: she’s not perfect but you’re an rear end in a top hat.

As a 90s kid I spent ages trying to figure out what Don’t Cry For Me Argentina would have to do with this situation

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

LadyPictureShow posted:

What's the alcohol content of Fireball anyway? I can't say I've had any since going to college parties.

33%

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 2, 2019

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
It's a joke, fireball comes in bottles here, and it's like 20%

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
It's 33%, but it's Canadian whiskey that tastes like Fireball candies.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

gently caress Your Website posted:

Drink tips don’t work like a straight 20% all the time but in this type of situation yes, if you don’t tip at least 20% you’re a massive rear end in a top hat.

I'd say at least a 50 spot minimum. Guessing how faux swanky this place was though he probably should never go back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
TIFU by reporting a pervert to the School my sons go to.

quote:

Over the course of the last week my twin 7 year old sons started telling me about a creepy man who sat it the parking lot at school and stared at them. This morning, I finally took the initiative and called the school. They assured me that the situation would be handled.

Now, here's how stupid I apparently am: I've been doing electrical repairs on a facility near my sons' school, and each day I park my work van in the school parking lot to eat lunch and use the WiFi. I wave to my sons as they go from one building to the building housing the cafeteria for lunch.

If you're realizing that I'm the "pervert" I reported, congratulations, you're officially sharper than me.

I didn't realize it until 3 police cars surrounded my work van.

As it turns out, between the work van they'd never seen me in, my hardhat, and my sunglasses, the boys never realized it was me.

After about a 30 minute conversation with the police and the principal, they decided I was a harmless moron and decided to let me go. I was, however, asked not to park my van there for lunch anymore.

TL/DR: Called school over "pervert" watching my sons, turns out it was me the whole time. Was nearly arrested.