Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Sabas
Apr 29, 2015

or girth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Someone listen to the new Amon Amarth and tell me if it's any good. I'm too scared to see for myself.

szary
Mar 12, 2014

this owns, thanks

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Defiant Sally posted:

Someone listen to the new Amon Amarth and tell me if it's any good. I'm too scared to see for myself.

It's not out yet, tomorrow I believe.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Henchman of Santa posted:

metal band from Michigan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r8V3MLLU3M

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Defiant Sally posted:

I'm about halfway thru. It's not going to set the world on fire and pillage all the villages, but it has some catchy tracks on it. If you've enjoyed the last 4 or 5 albums, you'll probably dig this one. The two preview songs Crack the Sky and Raven's Flight are not even representative of the album as a whole. So far the standout tracks for me are Shield Wall and Valkyria.

Ultimately, it just makes me want to listen to more Unleashed.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

What’s some more power metal that sounds like Heathenreel-Winter Wake era Elvenking?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

the yeti posted:

What’s some more power metal that sounds like Heathenreel-Winter Wake era Elvenking?

Lepoka might be up your alley as well as Dalriada. I guess I'm going to start another power metal bender.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

best metal band from Michigan

also nocturnal fear are pretty good even though the guitarist used to be in Angry Aryans and covered up most of his swastika tattoos with upside down crosses and poo poo.

he was even on a (bad) reality tv show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvm1gHQDHm0

i met him once and he's a chill dude

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

also nocturnal fear are pretty good even though the guitarist used to be in Angry Aryans and covered up most of his swastika tattoos with upside down crosses and poo poo.

I saw them open for Immolation once and a bunch of skinheads showed up and one girl used the n-word to refer to the parking lot attendant because he said she looked like Avril Lavigne (he was right)

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

This reminds me of when I walked into my living room when I still lived at home and my parents were watching Pawn Stars. I was getting a Dr. Pepper and paused to look at the TV as Jeremy from ADTR walked in with an acoustic guitar he was trying to sell. They didn't include his last name, no mention of his band and he was acting kinda weird. Not sure if he was put up to it or thought it would be some kind of advertisement but the only people that would know he was in A Day To Remember would be people that already know who he is.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

man I love this

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

I saw them open for Immolation once and a bunch of skinheads showed up and one girl used the n-word to refer to the parking lot attendant because he said she looked like Avril Lavigne (he was right)

huh. maybe he's still with the movement then. it's funny to think that a bunch of skinheads at a show is an indicator, where before back at Harpo's, EVERY show was loaded with skinheads, no matter what. except maybe the hip-hop shows.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

huh. maybe he's still with the movement then. it's funny to think that a bunch of skinheads at a show is an indicator, where before back at Harpo's, EVERY show was loaded with skinheads, no matter what. except maybe the hip-hop shows.

It was 2011 at Blondie's

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYmcw0fgIf4

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I missed this yesterday but Suhnopfer's new album is being streamed in full on Decibel. Probably the release I've been most looking forward to this year, almost perfect meloblack from the scene putting out the best the genre has maybe ever seen. FFO Aorlhac, Darkenhold, Dissection, all the greats.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I was trying to find that one video where someone plays a black metal tremolo riff without distortion and it sounds like surf rock, only to find that quite literally the entire canon of Norwegian black metal has been translated into surf rock at this point. That said, doing an entire album of surf rock covers of metal songs, and picking only one song that has tremolo riffs in it strikes me as a bad idea. I mean the whole thign is a bad idea, but you know

e: oh and also if your mascot is wearing a Venom shirt you have to cover Venom. gently caress off otherwise

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's kinda fun hearing these songs played without distortion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPebzuVLNKo

Someone in the comments make note that: "Somehow the complexity of the songs is easier to hear when played on clarinet."

Same thing in the "Disney edition metal songs"

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Omnikin posted:

man I love this

brbr deng is the hot new metal meme

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
reminds me of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTkuJ4vRQZM

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I love Stevie T

I mean I understand why people find his schtick annoying but I think he's an endearing goofball.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I just want to hear some Portal unplugged

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Snowy posted:

I just want to hear some Portal unplugged

Nile rehearses clean. That's an insane thing to hear.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Does it sound like gypsy music?

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

are nocturnal fear the guys that got into a stupid feud with diocletian a few years ago or was that someone else?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I love Stevie T

I mean I understand why people find his schtick annoying but I think he's an endearing goofball.

if someone threw a jar of acid at his face he'd be alright i guess

Temple of Void are the best metal band from Michigan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiHl-Px8fig

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 3, 2019

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

A human heart posted:

are nocturnal fear the guys that got into a stupid feud with diocletian a few years ago or was that someone else?

Yep, those are the guys. I can't exactly remember what happened but I think NF threatened Diocletian when they were supposed to play Detroit back in 2014 or something.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Defiant Sally posted:

I'm a few tracks in, it's New Amon Amarth. If you want to put earbuds in at your office cubicle and micro-headbang it'll get you there.

e: Berzerker at Stamford Bridge is real good

Cool Post Beg fucked around with this message at 15:04 on May 3, 2019

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Bertrand Hustle posted:

poo poo, now I really want to hear this

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The new !T.O.O.H.! has the worst art I’ve ever seen. :nws:
https://tooh1.bandcamp.com/album/komou

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The new !T.O.O.H.! has the worst art I’ve ever seen. :nws:
https://tooh1.bandcamp.com/album/komou

a cool and normal artistic decision

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The good news is it doesn’t sound like Democratic Solution.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

beggar posted:

Berzerker at Stamford Bridge

This is the standout track for me thus far.

BTW, the new Kampfar album is both trv and kvlt.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Finishing up the new Kampfar now, it was great. That and Amon Amarth were the only things on my release radar, pretty light Friday.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Immolation is good, that is all.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Dug up one release, split between Intensive Care and Incinerated.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

So the singer of Arch Enemy started her own Patreon I just saw. Headlines major festivals, married to the guy from Misfits and now asking fans for more money?

I understand that the majority of metal bands aren't making tons of cash but this seems to be just grifting fans.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Doyle is apparently a huge turd too

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
remember when arch enemy had a huge fit because a photographer had the nerve to say "please don't use my photos to advertise products"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Marin Karin posted:

remember when arch enemy had a huge fit because a photographer had the nerve to say "please don't use my photos to advertise products"

I was about to say that, she has absolutely accepted brand deals because the crux of that whole ordeal was the company that made her leather clothing was using the photo to advertise her product.