Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you Japan?
Hai sempai
No
Unknown
Goku
View Results

captkirk
Feb 5, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

If I lived in Japan, how likely would it be that I could date a Japanese woman?

How likely would it be that you could date a woman in your country of origin if you stayed? Probably about that percent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
TBH it's definitely higher seeing as even goons get laid here

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

captkirk posted:

How likely would it be that you could date a woman in your country of origin if you stayed? Probably about that percent.

So, -20%.

LimburgLimbo posted:

TBH it's definitely higher seeing as even goons get laid here

How desperate can someone be?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Bofast posted:

This might have the info you're looking for:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3017.html

Alright so I bet I'm an idiot and missed an incredibly obvious step, but I went to this site, then to the Imperial Household Agency website where it says you can get in on one of the bi-daily tours, but then I kind of flounder. I think it's this website where I'm supposed to fill out an application? But it takes me to a very weird and very broken looking page where I can't actually... select anything?

It also says I can just show up at the Kikyoman Gate to purchase tickets for the tour in person, so I guess I'll do that..

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE__-PLBT7Y

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

If I lived in Japan, how likely would it be that I could date a Japanese woman?

date like:
1. stable long-term relationship or
2. she gets free lunch and english practice but is too "busy" to meet outside of a restaurant or cafe or be seen together

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

peanut posted:

date like:
1. stable long-term relationship or
2. she gets free lunch and english practice but is too "busy" to meet outside of a restaurant or cafe or be seen together

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
Japanese girls like potat.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Also I'm not really white as I'm Puerto Rican and Palestnian. Not sure if that effects things.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Lol okay whitey

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

punk rebel ecks posted:

Also I'm not really white as I'm Puerto Rican and Palestnian. Not sure if that effects things.

Awkward in the inside.

Man you can’t even get a white pass to get used as a novelty.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Well I hope you find a stable happy relationship because that kind of desperate naive loneliness is recruitment material for incels or infidels

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

You have to get a kagami (that's Japanese for mirror) with a pinku (pink) border and stare into it every night repeating "mai waifu" (my wife) five times in a row. Do this for six months.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

Do you have a fun personality and/or height and/or money?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

LimburgLimbo posted:

Lol okay whitey

Tell that to airport security and my neighbors.

peanut posted:

Do you have a fun personality and/or height and/or money?

Yes, I have a great personality.

Kinda, I'm average height.

Kinda, I make enough to live on my own but I'm not rich.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Xad posted:

Anyone have any good recommendation for zoos in/around Tokyo? One of my friends' favorite animal is red pandas and I was thinking we could go to the Ueno zoo

Ueno Zoo sucks, a lot of the cages are just bare concrete boxes, and the animals are stressed and depressed as a result. Don't give them your money.

The only other one I've been to is Tama Zoo, which is a lot better, but still had a couple of puzzingly small enclosures, especially considering the amount of available space.

There's one on the outskirts of Yokohama that I forgot the name of which is supposed to be pretty good in terms of animal welfare, but it's quite far from Tokyo.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

punk rebel ecks posted:

Yes, I have a great personality.

Kinda, I'm average height.

Kinda, I make enough to live on my own but I'm not rich.

Not gonna quote odds at you, but of the three you definitely picked the worst one.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Araki posted:

There's one on the outskirts of Yokohama that I forgot the name of which is supposed to be pretty good in terms of animal welfare, but it's quite far from Tokyo.

Kanazawa Doubutsuen?

We take the kids there a lot, it's decent. They've got a really good red panda enclosure.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Stringent posted:

Kanazawa Doubutsuen?

We take the kids there a lot, it's decent. They've got a really good red panda enclosure.

I googled it, I was thinking of Zoorasia.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
go to Fukuoka, it is like 65% women or something stupid like that

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Araki posted:

I googled it, I was thinking of Zoorasia.

Yeah, I think I'm getting them mixed up. Kanazawa is the one with the big slide and no red pandas, I think. Have to ask the wife later.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

caberham posted:

Well I hope you find a stable happy relationship because that kind of desperate naive loneliness is recruitment material for incels or infidels

Maybe. In reality I'm a 32 year old virgin who has since childhood dreamed of having an Asian girlfriend ever since playing as Chun Li in Street Fighter 2 for the Super Nintendo. Since then I have gradually become more and more obsessed with Eastern, and especially Japanese, culture. During highschool I insisted on my peers adding honorifics to my name. So I'd be called something similar to "Punk-chan". I'd also frequently call my teachers "sensei" in school. I've went to detention a few times because of this, where I'd usually draw Dragonball fanart of various characters as my girlfriend. Since leaving school I've worked odd jobs that while they don't pay much, they are enough for me to live on my own apartment. I spend my free time either watching anime while eating my favorite cup noodles, or just posting on these dead gay forums. I typically like shows similar to Recovery of an MMO Junkie, ReLife, and Aggretsuko as they remind me there are women in my dating range with similar insecurities waiting for me. That's where I am in life right now.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

punk rebel ecks posted:

Maybe. In reality I'm a 32 year old virgin who has since childhood dreamed of having an Asian girlfriend ever since playing as Chun Li in Street Fighter 2 for the Super Nintendo. Since then I have gradually become more and more obsessed with Eastern, and especially Japanese, culture. During highschool I insisted on my peers adding honorifics to my name. So I'd be called something similar to "Punk-chan". I'd also frequently call my teachers "sensei" in school. I've went to detention a few times because of this, where I'd usually draw Dragonball fanart of various characters as my girlfriend. Since leaving school I've worked odd jobs that while they don't pay much, they are enough for me to live on my own apartment. I spend my free time either watching anime while eating my favorite cup noodles, or just posting on these dead gay forums. I typically like shows similar to Recovery of an MMO Junkie, ReLife, and Aggretsuko as they remind me there are women in my dating range with similar insecurities waiting for me. That's where I am in life right now.

This belongs in the OP.

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

Hot drat. :allears:

What do you think the difference is between dating someone local to you as opposed to someone from glorious nippon (obviously not including the language and cultural barriers)?

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

punk rebel ecks posted:

I think you're good to go. Just make sure you got the language and social skills to be able to actually talk to a woman and you'll be fine. I always say if I could get laid/a girlfriend/married then any anime loser can.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

punk rebel ecks posted:

you should move to japan and post in these forums about it. I’m not all that great, in fact I’m pretty terrible, and I somehow convinced a beautiful woman to marry me, no reason to think you couldn’t do the same. Get out there and make it happen

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Bloodnose posted:

I think you're good to go. Just make sure you got the language and social skills to be able to actually talk to a woman and you'll be fine. I always say if I could get laid/a girlfriend/married then any anime loser can.

you're loaded though

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Stringent posted:

This belongs in the OP.

OK lol

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
anime cosplay to nampa the fujoshi

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Tried to visit harajuku today during golden week and it took us over an hour to walk through take a poo poo street. Worse than any concert/festival I've ever been to, rip. Now im very drunk on those cheap 9% chuhai cans shopping in shinjuku. The last two weeks have been excellent japan rules

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

My brother got food poisoning from the food at the ryokan we stayed at yesterday and has been stuck in our room while I explored Kyoto

There are so goddamn many food places to try that I'm just mad at the world for stealing a day from him

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
I've never been happy with ryokan food but I've also never enjoyed kaiseki so it's probably related. I don't think I'll go for a food ryokan again. But I like futons. I've heard good things about machiya.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

:therapy:

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Not a Children posted:

My brother got food poisoning from the food at the ryokan we stayed at yesterday and has been stuck in our room while I explored Kyoto

There are so goddamn many food places to try that I'm just mad at the world for stealing a day from him

Hey eat here and order the steak sandwiches for take out so your brother can nibble a bit of life

Hafuu Shogoin
8 Shōgoin Sannōchō, Sakyō-ku, Kyoto, 606-8392, Japan
+81 75-708-8270
https://goo.gl/maps/VCpzBfNN4A1HxwDR7

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Not a Children posted:

The food wasn't beer by any chance was it?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

caberham posted:

Hey eat here and order the steak sandwiches for take out so your brother can nibble a bit of life

Hafuu Shogoin
8 Shōgoin Sannōchō, Sakyō-ku, Kyoto, 606-8392, Japan
+81 75-708-8270
https://goo.gl/maps/VCpzBfNN4A1HxwDR7

Thanks for this! We're actually staying fairly close to there so I think I can make it before they close.

Stringent posted:

The food wasn't beer by any chance was it?

Beer voms are much, much less taxing than what he was doing

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

The Great Autismo! posted:

you should move to japan and post in these forums about it. I’m not all that great, in fact I’m pretty terrible, and I somehow convinced a beautiful woman to marry me, no reason to think you couldn’t do the same. Get out there and make it happen

The reasons why I'm put off from moving to Japan are two:

1. I don't think I'll ever be accepted since I'm not Japanese, and same with my children who will be "halfu".

2. There is a lot of disparity between men and women which will make me worry if I have a daughter.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Please source your quotes.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
this thread has taken a real turn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
This dictionary app has everything!

quote:

荒らし [あらし (arashi)]
(Internet) troll, raising havoc, laying waste, disturber, robbery, holdup, robber, thief