Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

theres a free callback campaign going on, with free play time and returner incentives, play time and incentives i missed out on!

Even better, there's a free login campaign as well, and the two seem to stack for a total of 14 free days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

Tamba posted:

Even better, there's a free login campaign as well, and the two seem to stack for a total of 14 free days

ya I need someone to use callback on "Nadiraux Pommes", Omega :jerry:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Tamba posted:

what all does someone need to do to get 14 free days? a friend of mine has been hemming and hawing about wanting to catch up before the expansion and that'd probably push them over the edge

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I got 14 free days just for getting a job to level 30.

e: This was after I had already subbed

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Got my login stuff situated yesterday, and got a lancer up to level 13. Pretty fun so far. I’m sure things will open up more once I hit 15.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
My group managed to slide our way into the last leg of this here raid tier. In commemoration, I went for a meme.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Disparition posted:

ya I need someone to use callback on "Nadiraux Pommes", Omega :jerry:

Countblanc posted:

what all does someone need to do to get 14 free days? a friend of mine has been hemming and hawing about wanting to catch up before the expansion and that'd probably push them over the edge

The way we did it was:
- Send the callback invite, but don't activate it yet.
- Use the regular free login first, then accept the callback after that.
(no idea if that's necessary, but it worked)
You can only send callback invites to people on your friend list

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I just resubbed last night, I’m a wow refugee. I have a level 31 black mage, but I hardly remember how to play this game and everything seems overwhelming. What should I do first to get back in the swing of things? Just follow the main story quests?

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

remigious posted:

I just resubbed last night, I’m a wow refugee. I have a level 31 black mage, but I hardly remember how to play this game and everything seems overwhelming. What should I do first to get back in the swing of things? Just follow the main story quests?

Have you done Hall of the Novice?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

remigious posted:

Join one of the goon FCs if you are on Excalibur.
Move to Excalibur if you aren't already there

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

Azerban posted:

Have you done Hall of the Novice?

I had to google what that was lol. But yes, I believe I have. It’s so weird coming from wow, which I knew inside and out, back to this world where I don’t know anything.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
just remember that you're safe here and metzen can't hurt you

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

remigious posted:

I had to google what that was lol. But yes, I believe I have. It’s so weird coming from wow, which I knew inside and out, back to this world where I don’t know anything.

I would encourage doing the Hall if you want a quick refresher on battle, otherwise just do the main story and ask goons for help.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

remigious posted:

ARR is basically an extended tutorial until 50, if you were capable of clearing pretty much any wow dungeon you'll figure it out

beyond minute-to-minute combat gameplay, refer to this list for stuff you unlock as you level

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Phone posted:

unless you run into any of these players in pvp

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

World War Mammories posted:

ARR is basically an extended tutorial until 50, if you were capable of clearing pretty much any wow dungeon you'll figure it out

beyond minute-to-minute combat gameplay, refer to this list for stuff you unlock as you level

Thanks very much, that link will be very helpful :)
I’ll see about transferring to Excalibur too.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Huh, this is weird. My PS4 copy has disappeared from my PSN account. I picked up a PS3 copy for cheap to turn into a PS4 version back when they were doing that because why not, heard that that HW is free so I was going to pick that up because why not.

PSN tells me I can't get it because I don't own the base game, ARR doesn't show up in my library on my PS4. I scroll through the all games menu until I find it and when I hit download it takes me to a page to download the one bit of FFXV dlc I own. Somehow when I try to download 14 it tries to give me a costume for 15.

I definitely own the game on PS4, I've played it, got trophies and it shows up on Mogstation.

Guess I'm going to have an interesting conversation with PSN customer support tomorrow.

I don't even play on PS4, it's just the principle of the thing.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Phone posted:

The MMO HMO > FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood: you're safe here and metzen can't hurt you anymore

remigious posted:

Thanks very much, that link will be very helpful :)
I’ll see about transferring to Excalibur too.

Do it soon. Free server transfers are currently in effect because of server shuffling, and will end 2019-05-07 20:00 PDT.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/01174dcd35cd2facff87e0dacdd8670191a57ce0

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 3, 2019

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

SwissArmyDruid posted:

The MMO HMO > FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood: you're safe here and metzen can't hurt you anymore

Do it soon. Free server transfers are currently in effect because of server shuffling, and will end 2019-05-07 20:00 PDT.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/01174dcd35cd2facff87e0dacdd8670191a57ce0

oh poo poo, I guess I'll do it too.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

SwissArmyDruid posted:

mods please do the needful

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

:perfect:

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
I just bought SB this morning but my purchase is still "pending" on the SE store. How long does it take usually?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Metzen isn't the one hurting anyone, he retired and just voices Thrall now.

Ion, on the other hand..

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Cabbit posted:

Ion, on the other hand..

"I was fighting the Empire, I don't want to go to the First."
"You think don't you want that, but you do."

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Yeah, people miss Metzen. Ion is the person everyone hates. (Despite it spelt Ion, his name is pronounced like Ian.)

SwissArmyDruid posted:

The MMO HMO > FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood: you're safe here and ion can't hurt you anymore

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

Cabbit posted:

Ion, on the other hand..

I actually had a huge crush on metzen for a while :kiddo: At least he loved the game and didn’t actively dislike the players.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Sorry if someone else has already realized this, but if you have a Twitch Prime account you can get base ARR for free (ending today :v:), and if you make a new account, register the Twitch Prime code, then use a friend code from your main account, you will get 5 gold feathers. If you have an amazon prime account, you can link your regular twitch account to it to get a free prime upgrade.

So if you already have Twitch/Amazon Prime and don’t mind the dumb slog of setting all that up, go get some free feathers.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

The MMO HMO > FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood: you're safe here and Ion can't hurt you anymore

this is what it should be, metzen was a saint in comparison to fuckin' Ion.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Kerrzhe posted:

this is what it should be, metzen was a saint in comparison to fuckin' Ion.

Metzen just wanted to mash his action figures together.

Ion's the one who has metrics and thinks that you don't appreciate something if you don't work (grind your rear end off) for it.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

remigious posted:

Don't worry about it, at that level BLM has like a handful of good buttons. For a while you'll mostly be casting fire I for single target/fire II for mobs, while switching to ice to replenish MP and use the downtime to cast thunder spells, while mostly hitting procs when they come up. It gets more complicated but not by much and you get new toys at a pace where you'll have time to figure out how they're used.

Greader
Oct 11, 2012
Wait, who are metzen and Ion? :confused:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Mr Atma is the Ion of ffxiv

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Greader posted:

Blizzard people, pay them no mind.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

remigious posted:

You're going to get a lot of different advice but mine is to run through your five or six unlocked dungeons from lowest level up. That will gradually reintroduce you to your class and basic game mechanics.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Greader posted:

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

boy are my arms tired posted:

hey i know everyone hates pvp in this thread but if you don't! mel and I are looking for a tank and a melee dps to do team feast / frontlines small squad stuff with

you don't have to be pro esports or whatever, we'll teach you (and learn since we're both new to it as well). it'll be chill and fun

if you're in the catgirls discord we're in the lfg/na chat, if not just hit me up @surtrz#0637 or here via pm, thanks

Reposting this. We have 3 and are just missing a tank. If you've ever had any interest in diving into pvp, this is a good chance to try it out. (or if you're coming back to it you're also welcome to please help us hahahadsks)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Greader posted:

Chris Metzen and Ion Hazzikostas, the previous and current lead game designers (though there were others in between) for World of Warcraft. Metzen retired a while back.

Metzen was a big kid makin' video games and having fun, Ion is an emotionless android who resents you for having fun.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

chris metzen is the blizzard guy who got to turn his hella rad teenage fantasies into video games while being cocaineishly enthusiastic. ion hazzikostas is the guy who poopsocked his way to dominance in the video game version of metzen’s id before subsequently inheriting it and bringing ruin unto the kingdom, yea, seven and seven times shall his curse spread across the land

hell, while I’m at it, metzen is the guy who was so hyped about the preexisting warcraft name “hakkar” that he reused it for an entirely unrelated horrifying creature during some kind of binge and didn’t even notice for like two years. we joke about yoship being a rockstar despite looking like a middle-aged aunt, but he can’t hold a candle to metzen’s antics. bless his heart

World War Mammories fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 3, 2019

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Isn't metzen also the reason every other plot point in every Bliz game is "X character becomes ~corrupted~"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yes?