Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/1122205172636291075

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Lee J. Carter owns a lot.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

The first flag I saw after crossing at Niagra a few years ago was the good ol' southern cross. It did nothing but reinforce my belief that Canadians were just Americans that lost their way. Then I met people, and y'all are way too nice to be confused Americans.

Melanoma

This post confused me until I realised you mean that confederate flag thing and not a flag with the southern cross constellation on it. Saying melanoma didn't help as skin cancer is our national hobby.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

The first flag I saw after crossing at Niagra a few years ago was the good ol' southern cross. It did nothing but reinforce my belief that Canadians were just Americans that lost their way. Then I met people, and y'all are way too nice to be confused Americans.

Yea, but we hide our gross racism behind politeness.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

jobson groeth posted:

This post confused me until I realised you mean that confederate flag thing and not a flag with the southern cross constellation on it. Saying melanoma didn't help as skin cancer is our national hobby.

Yeah, it's the proper name for what's commonly known as 'the Confederate flag' because it's not really the CSA flag - it was sometimes a naval ensign flag and a common battle standard (when square, not rectangular), but the rectangular big-rear end flag with the blue X with 13 white stars on red was never actually used by the CSA and I feel like calling it 'the Confederate flag' confers a legitimacy to it that it shouldn't receive - that flag has always been for postwar racists.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Yeah, it's the proper name for what's commonly known as 'the Confederate flag' because it's not really the CSA flag - it was sometimes a naval ensign flag and a common battle standard (when square, not rectangular), but the rectangular big-rear end flag with the blue X with 13 white stars on red was never actually used by the CSA and I feel like calling it 'the Confederate flag' confers a legitimacy to it that it shouldn't receive - that flag has always been for postwar racists.

Lol how does the confederacy confer legitimacy?

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

Lol how does the confederacy confer legitimacy?

In the sense that 'muh pappy's pappy's pappy's fought for this flag and died for it' or whatever nonsense argument is made - if that was the real reason they'd use any of the actual flags the CSA fought under.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

yeah the CSA gov't wasn't around long enough to really gel into a real country with a standardized flag and all that

they used this one sometimes

aside from being a clarion for racism, I think a lot of the longevity of CSA worship is that it died before it could go on and disappoint those people- it's the ideal government to fantasize a return to, one that never dealt with the difficulties of governing in peacetime

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He's just off screen

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

zoux posted:

He's just off screen
TSA agents are almost universally terrible authoritarians with terrible, terrible political views so probably most of them are full on into the whole Q thing in between voting for trump to destroy their jobs.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Or he thought it was just one of those openly fascist blue line cop flag shirts.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

InsertPotPun posted:

TSA agents are almost universally terrible authoritarians with terrible, terrible political views so probably most of them are full on into the whole Q thing in between voting for trump to destroy their jobs.

TSA agent is the new mall cop for people who are somehow to dumb for even police to hire

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1123680383831244800

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

As if anyone would be stupid enough to try to assassinate Trump by poisoning water.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pseudanonymous posted:

As if anyone would be stupid enough to try to assassinate Trump by poisoning water.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
trump always touches things when he sits down. I think it's some inane "power move" he learned 40 years ago.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Assuming this is from the same video:

A while back they thought this was a signal Trump was sending to Comey or Obama or something about a plea deal being off the table.

Also if you watch it, it's really weird. Pence takes his bottle off the table a second after Trump, then puts it back right after Trump

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

A while back they thought this was a signal Trump was sending to Comey or Obama or something about a plea deal being off the table.

Also if you watch it, it's really weird. Pence takes his bottle off the table a second after Trump, then puts it back right after Trump

Pantomiming is a common equestrian courtship ritual - checks out.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Did anyone try and interpret Trump wandering off mid-conversation to watch TV as a secret sign?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

The most likely thing is that it's motor memory from when he was on the apprentice because they didn't want water bottles or any other drinks from non sponsors on the table and it's burned into his smooth brain, why pence does it, who the hell knows

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Whenever Trump wanders off before signing the EO he’s there to sign it’s a signal to Guantanamo to hook the car battery back up to Obama’s nuts.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

bird with big dick posted:

Whenever Trump wanders off before signing the EO he’s there to sign it’s a signal to Guantanamo to hook the car battery back up to Obama’s nuts.

That's kind of a cool idea for I dunno a fantasy world or something. The rulers are not just inbred, they're full on nuts, maybe have down syndrome. The "government" as such just interprets their actions to mean things and does things to them.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

pseudanonymous posted:

That's kind of a cool idea for I dunno a fantasy world or something. The rulers are not just inbred, they're full on nuts, maybe have down syndrome. The "government" as such just interprets their actions to mean things and does things to them.

Haha, yeah, fantasy, not at all a recurrent problem in monarchies or the day-to-day reality of the White House in 2019.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

pseudanonymous posted:

Fantasy? :confused:

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Well yes, but I'm pretty sure Charles II's advisors didn't burn down a city because he shat himself at dinner or something.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Gen. Ripper posted:

Well yes, but I'm pretty sure Charles II's advisors didn't burn down a city because he shat himself at dinner or something.

That would explain early modern Spain in general though.

My example for that would be Austrian Emperor Ferdinand I of Austria, who's most famous command was "I am the emperor and I want dumplings!" And how he responded to the revolution of 1848 with "Are they allowed to do that?"

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Don Gato posted:

My example for that would be Austrian Emperor Ferdinand I of Austria, who's most famous command was "I am the emperor and I want dumplings!"

I can get behind that kinda command

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Don Gato posted:

My example for that would be Austrian Emperor Ferdinand I of Austria, who's most famous command was "I am the emperor and I want dumplings!" And how he responded to the revolution of 1848 with "Are they allowed to do that?"

Frankly I kinda feel like this quote reveals a limited view of being "emperor."

Here's a JS rewrite: "I am the emperor and I want drugs and women and then more drugs and perhaps then some dumplings."

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Cerepol posted:

I can get behind that kinda command

Apricots were out of season though. I guess drying isn't regal?

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
So these lunatics got a school’s fundraising festival canceled:

https://twitter.com/rothschildmd/status/1124377653509681152

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Don Gato posted:

His case was a little sadder because he was mentally fully competent and aware, but his seizures were so regular and severe that he basically couldn't do anything. In his writings he's clearly got a normal mind, but in person he was just stuck twitching and drooling. He knew exactly how hosed up he was and how little he could do.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

This is still so fuckin weird. Is it some "power move" that charlatans in the '80s would preach to businessmen in the '80s or something?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Plan Z posted:

This is still so fuckin weird. Is it some "power move" that charlatans in the '80s would preach to businessmen in the '80s or something?

People believe it's force of habit from being on TV when he'd have to remove water bottles from non sponsored companies. I'm not sure if that's true but makes a lot of sense.

rubberrazors
Nov 1, 2011

Plan Z posted:

Just you wait until "a month or two". And then the world will know what a month or two of scampering around is really about.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hello

https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1126511605649252352

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dunno what that is but it’s definitely undiagnosed

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
My favorite crazy lady is back after her second consecutive thirty day ban from Facebook. She's getting crazier. Now she's all about astral projection. I look forward to her explaining how Donald Trump is astral projecting, which should be later today at this rate.

quote:

I want to share of few things the Lord showed me over my 30 day ban........

I first must apologize, I feel some things I shared on my page over the last 6-8 months, I was uneducated about, and have immense guilt for not delving deeper into orgins. So, with that..... I am so sorry. Second, I had a number of encounters directly with the Lord, and I few things he told me: 1) I was accountable for the information I share with others. 2) that he can and will teach me all and every wonder of the world, if I allow him alone, to guide me. 3) that when I'm in a place of confusion, I'm out of step with the Holy spirit as my one and only guide.

As my foundation to life was very shacky I was running all over the place, trying to piece things together, and instead of piecing things together I was becoming more and more confused. The Holy Spirit showed me that I had been opening portals to different dimensions and the second heaven, which is where Satan's kindom resides; that I was inviting spirits and darkness into my home.... through certain activities I was engaging in, because of a lack of investigation, research and because my vessel was extremely weak. I was also becoming more and more hostile to Christianity and Jesus, which make me so sad now. I have spent the last month, through Jesus, closing portals, removing spirits, and binding the kingdom of darkness over my family and myself. There is so much more peace, over the last week.

The Holy Spirit has also been teaching me how I was publically opening my territory(being my mind, heart and spirit) to the public, to speak over my life, prophecy over me and place things in my mind that are absolutely not from him.

The Lord has had me on a journey to understand Satan's kindom, how it operates, functions and works. Part of that research has entailed listening to numerous testimonials of people leaving Satanism, new age and many other spiritual movements. One of those testimonials is by a man named, John Ramirez, it's not only a mind blowing story but helped me put together parts of my post, that I will be doing in the next few days. He was turned over to Satan as a child, he was astral projecting so well by thirteen, he was moving demonic principalities, over regions in Brooklyn, NY. For 25 years of his life, he spent every night from 7pm to 5am, one on one with Satan, who would come in as a spirit, and manifest into a human. He had worked himself up to a general in Satan's kindom, and knew every devil and their regions, territories and names, symbols etc. I would encourage you to check out his story, which I'll link in the comment section.

I am very excited to put my post together on the kingdom of darkness, because my entire mindset about the spiritual world has changed and it's immensely change my whole life and spiritual walk with the Lord. We were designed to walk with the Lord, to battle in the Spiritual realm with the power of Jesus, to bring down the territories of darkness and to usher God's kingdom, onto the Earth.

Also, anyone on my page who's here to hex me, perform magic and spells over me, astral project to attack me and my family.... I will send those hex's and spells back at you with an intensity of 100% and I will slice the silver cord, of anyone astral projecting to do harm to me or my family..... I'm much more awake about this spiritual battle and war in the spiritual world. If you engage me you're fair game....you come at me, I come at you through Jesus. I say this as a warning, because I have a lot of people who follow me and I know they're not all here because they like me.

Satan's realm is Brooklyn? Yeah, that checks out.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I challenge anybody to show me a better opening sentence than that.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
I too, when suspended from Facebook, spend the entire 30 days soul searching and looking to God to show me the error of my ways.

Out of curiosity, what did she get suspended over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

How is it that Satan is always directly working with these people, like one-on-one. Why is it never some lesser fallen angel? Like doesn't Satan have a lot of poo poo to do, meetings with Haliburton and stuff, how does he have time to spend every night with one kid in Brooklyn astral projecting.