Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
are they gonna have to change the Blazer to match again too?

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/05/2020-camaro-ss-gets-design-changes-following-negative-feedback/

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
They're still selling those pillboxes?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cool, a handlebar mustache for a refresh hipsters will love it!

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I expect the Silverado will be next since the Dodge alternative is also outselling Chevy in that segment

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

ilkhan posted:

They're still selling those pillboxes?

They were selling pretty well until they hosed up the looks. People don't care.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

"100% of the feedback we received was negative"

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Before long the headlights will disappear completely.

MarsellusWallace
Nov 9, 2010

Well he doesn't WANT
to look like a bitch!
For the guy looking for a CUV for kid hauling duties and horrific city traffic: you are the ideal use case of a Prius or a Camry Hybrid. If the CUV styling is a requirement, then the Rav4 hybrid is probably your best bet.

Sorry, couldn't get Quote to work while moving in the Android Auto interface. Do the aftermarket head units still restrict the interface while moving? Might sway my own decision on whether or not to seek out an AA enabled vehicle as stock, or actively prefer to put in an aftermarket unit for improved functionality.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.
Love it. Cheapest V8 on the market. Swap some tires and roll.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

MarsellusWallace posted:

For the guy looking for a CUV for kid hauling duties and horrific city traffic: you are the ideal use case of a Prius or a Camry Hybrid. If the CUV styling is a requirement, then the Rav4 hybrid is probably your best bet.

Sorry, couldn't get Quote to work while moving in the Android Auto interface. Do the aftermarket head units still restrict the interface while moving? Might sway my own decision on whether or not to seek out an AA enabled vehicle as stock, or actively prefer to put in an aftermarket unit for improved functionality.

We really have gotten a lot out of having a hatch on the back in the Focus that she has right now, and the Camry Hybrid is pricier than a RAV4 hybrid. Both of us prefer cars and have only ever driven cars, but the price / size / efficiency balance of the compact crossovers is pretty hard to beat.

Prius prime would be at the top of our list, but it somehow only has 4 seatbelts and no middle latch points. If a Prius can handle 2 rear facing car seats in back with 2 six foot adults in front, we'll buy one. We will certainly try it out for size at the dealer.

Sits on Pilster
Oct 12, 2004
I like to wear bras on my ass while I masturbate?

Twerk from Home posted:

Prius prime would be at the top of our list, but it somehow only has 4 seatbelts and no middle latch points. If a Prius can handle 2 rear facing car seats in back with 2 six foot adults in front, we'll buy one. We will certainly try it out for size at the dealer.

If the seat is your main concern, I just read this

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/05/02/2020-toyota-prius-prime-five-seats-price/

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Mr-Spain posted:

Love it. Cheapest V8 on the market. Swap some tires and roll.

Challenger R/T with the 5.7 is still $700 cheaper, actually

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

I spend quite a bit of time wondering how much longer we have to wait until GM fucks up the looks of the Colorado and Canyon on a refresh.
It cant be that much longer. Stupid gently caress little slit headlights. Stupid gigantic black bar across the front.

Franco Caution fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 3, 2019

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a26784903/porsche-917-homage-concept/

I'm okay with this.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

It has the paint job of a lobby mint candy but I like the design.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

Q_res posted:

Challenger R/T with the 5.7 is still $700 cheaper, actually

True, buuuuut I'd rather drive that Camaro.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

It's lacking the drama of the old one though, it's too clean looking and that vent up front is shouting Ferrari at me. It needs some proper oldschool race wheels and either the massive wing

the Batmobile tails

orrrrrrrr just the dramatic cut away of this boy here:

:fap:

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

It's way too clean looking. And soft, too.

The original 917 was so dramatic because it was very swoopy bodylines combined with hard features on the front and rear. The front end is just a square with barely rounded corners, and it's got that really aggressive vent there that breaks up that panel, and on the rear

-you can trace an almost straight line on the top of the rear fender to the end of the car. And the complete lack of anything behind the rear wheels too.

This modern tribute just looks like a Koenigsegg tbh

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It's lacking the drama of the old one though, it's too clean looking and that vent up front is shouting Ferrari at me. It needs some proper oldschool race wheels and either the massive win

Hey its the thing i do not like about that concept but could not express what.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

I like this. A lot.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

i think porsche are boring souless nazi slot cars, but i like this, and maybe a super cheap caymen.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

wargames posted:

i think porsche are boring souless nazi slot cars, but i like this, and maybe a super cheap caymen.

drat shame it's VW infecting Porsche, not the other way around.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

wargames posted:

uhhh have you driven a 997 turbo?

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

fknlo posted:

In the US it's probably a religious thing. Quiverfull, Mormon, etc...
I have five kids, and get asked that all the time (I’m not a weird religious person).

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

wargames posted:

"soulless" so you own a 1990s Maserati or Alfa?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

true soul is a WRX with a loud buzzy fat pipe

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
True soul is a box thing sold by Kia with hamsters

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

i own every Bionicle posted:

True soul is a box thing sold by Kia with hamsters

kia niro is a legit cool car.

The Prong Song posted:

i would.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

The Prong Song posted:

All Alfas have soul.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Was able to test drive the Corolla hybrid (big 2l engine) this weekend. It's like a speed demon compared to my car that accelerates 0-60/0-100 in 14s! Was the station wagon.

I'm wondering about the fuel consumption. Toyota lists all the chassis (wagon/sedan/hatchback) as having the same consumption. That can't be right, though, can it?

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

So uh, the new Benz E53 AMG's are magic....I just test drove an E53 Coupe (zero wagons or even sedans in stock) and I am both more excited and afraid about a new car than I have ever been. Time to start looking into selling the daily to potentially make room.

That new M256 is amazing.

Edit: The new E class wagon generation has an deceptively large cargo area. Two large adult dogs can stand up in the back.

McTinkerson fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 5, 2019

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

McTinkerson posted:

So uh, the new Benz E53 AMG's are magic....I just test drove an E53 Coupe (zero wagons or even sedans in stock) and I am both more excited and afraid about a new car than I have ever been. Time to start looking into selling the daily to potentially make room.

It's all that F1 tech packed in there. The 48v system can add 180ft/lbs of torque low down where it's missing from the gas engine, and spin the turbo up.

The C53 is probably gonna be a better car though.

Sits on Pilster
Oct 12, 2004
I like to wear bras on my ass while I masturbate?
Test drove a Stinger GT1 today and... I'm not convinced. It takes off like a rocket but the rest of it was a little disappointing in person for $45k. Could also definitely feel its weight around turns. Might shift focus to something smaller.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Sits on Pilster posted:

Test drove a Stinger GT1 today and... I'm not convinced. It takes off like a rocket but the rest of it was a little disappointing in person for $45k. Could also definitely feel its weight around turns. Might shift focus to something smaller.

The Genesis G70 is supposed to be a little lighter/tighter with the same engine.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I've had my Stinger for almost a year and I JUST realized that in sport mode the speed on the HUD changes to italics. Because italics are faster.

Sits on Pilster posted:

The Stinger is absolutely 100% a GT car, not a sports car (hence the trim name). G70 is going to be a bit tighter, but it's not going to feel like a hot hatch or anything.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 02:23 on May 5, 2019

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

McTinkerson posted:

Edit: The new E class wagon generation has an deceptively large cargo area. Two large adult dogs can stand up in the back.

Woah that is a gorgeos coupe.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

ishikabibble posted:

It's way too clean looking. And soft, too.

The original 917 was so dramatic because it was very swoopy bodylines combined with hard features on the front and rear. The front end is just a square with barely rounded corners, and it's got that really aggressive vent there that breaks up that panel, and on the rear

-you can trace an almost straight line on the top of the rear fender to the end of the car. And the complete lack of anything behind the rear wheels too.

This modern tribute just looks like a Koenigsegg tbh

It's almost like modern supercars are all designed by computer to have near-ideal aerodynamics or something.

I am not discounting the cool factor on those old Porsches, but time moves on, and engines become liquid cooled.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

McTinkerson posted:

For roughly the same money, the C63s is faster, shorter, wider, has more cargo space, more cylinders and more standard features. Fully loaded, they both come in around $95k, with the E53 having an upgraded sound system, more interior choices, the new dashboard that's just two giant screens (which I hate) and soft close doors.

The biggest advantage the E53 has is RWD vs. AWD. For my money, I'd be going for the C63s.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear
I’m looking forward to the I6 being available in non-AMG form for the C or E series. The CLS450 has it but I don’t feel like I’m old enough to get one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

The C class is a literal rattle box
if that kind of thing bugs you