Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Hijack mother's day and turn it into parents' day. It's only fair and if the mom objects, she outs herself as being a self-centered jerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

MasBrillante posted:

I love the couples that do things they don’t want to do to be accommodating only to later take petty revenge on the other person. It sort of feels like it would be easier to be less indulgent. Anyway, there are years for them to celebrate yet so she should just take the loss.

I don't get the sense that it's petty revenge that he's after, but rather just seeking what's fair. Maybe they should combine mother's day and father's day into Parents' Day to balance things out

e: fb

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

The older I get the more I loving despise people who piss all over “fake” holidays. It’s obnoxious reddit atheism style ~enlightenment by intelligence~. Guillotine.

The battle for Father’s Day is just another front in the War on Christmas

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [22 M] bisexual girlfriend [23 F] says she needs physical contact with her female friends or she can't function. How do I not get jealous?

Hey r/relationships, newbie here.

Basically I get jealous very easily when I see my girlfriend cuddling with her other female friends.

It wasn't ever an issue until she came out to me as bi (something she hasn't told anyone else except a few close friends). But now that I know, I can't help but get jealous, the same way I would if she were getting a lot of physical contact with her guy friends.

She assures me that girls are all much more comfortable with platonic physical contact and that I've got nothing to worry about. And she tells me that because her love language is physical touch, she doesn't feel loved by her friends without it. She says that no, just cuddling with me won't offset this need for validation from others.

We've only been dating a month and a half but this all seems so complicated already.

Am I the rear end in a top hat for feeling this way? How do I not feel jealous? HELP!

TL;DR: bi girlfriend cuddles with her friends a lot and idk how to not feel jealous

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Am I [26/F] wrong for expecting my boyfriend to tell me about his DUI probation?

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for the past couple of weeks and we just became an exclusive couple last weekend. Things have started off good and we're happy, but today I got a Facebook message from a random girl that I'd never seen before. This girl starts telling me to keep an eye on my boyfriend for Cinco de Mayo because he has a history of both driving without a license and DUI's. She told me that he's currently under a three year DUI probation that started in January and he's not suppose to be drinking and he may not be allowed to drive either, since one of the conditions of his probation is surrendering his license.

She sent me his mugshot, arrest record, and the document containing all of the details of his probation. He's not suppose to be drinking any alcohol, and he's to have surrendered his license, though it doesn't say for how long. And even if he were to drive with a reinstated license, he's suppose to be doing so with an ignition interlock on the inside of his car. I've actually been riding with him on our dates and I haven't seen any ignition interlock, so he's either been illegally driving without one, or he's been illegally driving without a license.

So, I get this message from a random girl and she keeps telling me to keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't do anything. She said that he will go to jail if he's caught with another DUI and she kept telling me to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid tomorrow. I absolutely want to confront him about this, but am I wrong to be as mad as I am? I'm asking because we just started dating and I don't want to sound like I'm entitled to know everything about his past and current legal issues. But I still feel like a current DUI probation (one that he appears to be violating) is a big thing. What do you think?

​tldr: Just found out that my boyfriend is under DUI probation and may be violating it.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [22 M] bisexual girlfriend [23 F] says she needs physical contact with her female friends or she can't function. How do I not get jealous?

Basically I get jealous very easily when I see my girlfriend cuddling with her other female friends.

It wasn't ever an issue until she came out to me as bi (something she hasn't told anyone else except a few close friends). But now that I know, I can't help but get jealous, the same way I would if she were getting a lot of physical contact with her guy friends.

She assures me that girls are all much more comfortable with platonic physical contact and that I've got nothing to worry about. And she tells me that because her love language is physical touch, she doesn't feel loved by her friends without it. She says that no, just cuddling with me won't offset this need for validation from others.

We've only been dating a month and a half but this all seems so complicated already.

Am I the rear end in a top hat for feeling this way? How do I not feel jealous? HELP!

TL;DR: bi girlfriend cuddles with her friends a lot and idk how to not feel jealous

Start cuddling with you cutest guy friends. Simple.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Am I [26/F] wrong for expecting my boyfriend to tell me about his DUI probation?

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for the past couple of weeks and we just became an exclusive couple last weekend. Things have started off good and we're happy, but today I got a Facebook message from a random girl that I'd never seen before. This girl starts telling me to keep an eye on my boyfriend for Cinco de Mayo because he has a history of both driving without a license and DUI's. She told me that he's currently under a three year DUI probation that started in January and he's not suppose to be drinking and he may not be allowed to drive either, since one of the conditions of his probation is surrendering his license.

She sent me his mugshot, arrest record, and the document containing all of the details of his probation. He's not suppose to be drinking any alcohol, and he's to have surrendered his license, though it doesn't say for how long. And even if he were to drive with a reinstated license, he's suppose to be doing so with an ignition interlock on the inside of his car. I've actually been riding with him on our dates and I haven't seen any ignition interlock, so he's either been illegally driving without one, or he's been illegally driving without a license.

So, I get this message from a random girl and she keeps telling me to keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't do anything. She said that he will go to jail if he's caught with another DUI and she kept telling me to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid tomorrow. I absolutely want to confront him about this, but am I wrong to be as mad as I am? I'm asking because we just started dating and I don't want to sound like I'm entitled to know everything about his past and current legal issues. But I still feel like a current DUI probation (one that he appears to be violating) is a big thing. What do you think?

​tldr: Just found out that my boyfriend is under DUI probation and may be violating it.

Well better just keep on trucking since we've put in a whole two weeks and we can't break it off now.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
my love language is definitely yiddish

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

nankeen posted:

my love language is definitely yiddish

איך האב דיר ליב

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

do love languages have, like, opposites? I hope her anti-love language is pathetic displays of insecurity and then I hope she reveals that her love language is specifically having sex with women

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I feel like this is the first step before she wants to open the relationship but only for her to have Sex with other women while he just has to deal with it.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

to keep things fair, he'll be allowed to have sex with other guys if he wants to

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
That's going to be really useful. He could gently caress her dad

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Listen, before you get involved with him you gotta know something. Whatever you do, dont break his heart like I did. Hes sweet, nice, caring, and kind but deep down hes a mean fatherfucker

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [24F] boyfriend [28M] makes judgement calls about how I spend my free time and it’s breaking our relationship.

I graduated college last year and now I work full time. I pay my bills, go to bed on time, make room for chores, and I also spend time on various interests and recreations during my free time.

These include reading magazines, scrolling reddit, researching murders (a huge interest of mine!) and watching tv. My boyfriend tends to take issue with these “purely for fun” activities. In his free time he often listens to lectures on spirituality, philosophy, and politics. He divides the world up into “valuable” and “invaluable” activities, and sees many of the things I enjoy as invaluable. In my opinion, if I’m not harming anyone, I get all my stuff done, and I want to enjoy myself in the evening then there’s no harm done.

Now my boyfriend isn’t perfect, and he often engages in recreational activities himself such as video games.

For some background, he grew up in a very abusive home and was in and out of group homes. He had a tough childhood and was never given the opportunity to graduate high school, let alone go to college. That aside, he is successful in his field and makes good money, and I am very proud of him!

I understand why he’s interested in listening to professors lecture, but I did go to college, I listened and engaged with lectures and classes and exams for 5 years. Part of graduating college, for me, was excitement about having more freedom to do things that simply make me happy.

I’m not looking to break up, but I need help getting through to him on this issue as it is really pushing me away and making it difficult for me to relax and simply exist around him.

ETA he grew up as a jehova witness and I’m thinking that could have something to do with it?

TL;DR My boyfriend makes judgement calls about how I spend my free time and it is breaking our relationship

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (24F) boyfriend (26M) invalidates my feelings by telling me "you choose how you feel"

Whenever my partner and I fight or if he does something that upsets me he always says that its not his fault that I allow myself to be upset by his actions and that I choose how I feel so he shouldn't have to apologise or do anything to make it better because its within me.

I feel like every time I become upset by something it turns into a lecture about why I shouldn't let other people have any impact on how I feel. He does read self-help books and things that promote this mindset of protecting your energy and being in control of how you feel so I know its not coming from a bad place but its so frustrating when I'm telling him something that is upsetting me that he has done or that he has the power to help with and rather than understanding or trying to fix it he just tells me that nothing he does should be able to impact on my happiness.

Am I being crazy for this? I've voiced that I don't like when he just brushes me off by saying these things but he is always just telling me its for my own best interests and that I'm being ridiculous. What do you guys think?

tldr When i get upset about something my partner has done, he tells me that I can choose how I feel so i should just choose to be happy. Am i crazy for hating this and wanting him to be accountable for his actions?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Ok there's the standard "My significant other is perfect, except" kind of people and that's dumb but it's understandable sometimes when they have like years of their life invested into the relationship.

This is a two week old relationship. Even if you assume it's a bitter ex spreading lies about the guy you went on one date with, just get out. Just cut your losses and get out. There is nothing to salvage here.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

cumshitter posted:

There is nothing to salvage here.

Not true, some local junkyard will most likely salvage the car he wraps around a tree while driving drunk on Cinco de Mayo.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

my love language is good internet posts and boy howdy am i feeling terrible and bad

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Just wait for him to make an inevitable “more like drinko de mayo, amirite” joke and then tearfully confront him with all evidence. You can’t walk out on him now, he is your boyfriend and that is a sacred bond

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gently caress Your Website posted:

Just wait for him to make an inevitable “more like drinko de mayo, amirite” joke and then tearfully confront him with all evidence. You can’t walk out on him now, he is your boyfriend and that is a sacred bond

Sir I’ll have you know it’s “cinco de drinko’.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Day of the dead gringo livers.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Anne Whateley posted:

Translation: she got a PhD and TAed while she was doing it. They currently work in a high school.

In high-demand fields (STEM), you can teach without a degree in education, just a bachelors in the subject area. With a PhD, you can do that in most subject areas, not just high-demand ones.

I mean, yeah, I get that. But at the same time this is someone who the school administration knows is a whiny poo poo, who doesn't have a teaching qualification... And has been Placed in charge of a newly qualified teacher, to further their education in the field

The older woman has no doubt picked up awful habits from teaching at degree level. Because of her lack of formal teaching education, she will have carried those to a situation where bad form is going to wreck those kids education and interest in the subjects. And then placed them into a position of authority over someone newer, who almost certainly knows better.

Also yes, I'd like a large fries and a chicken burger

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not letting my wife have mothers day after she "canceled" fathers day?

I'd let her have mother's day.

But in return, father's day becomes steak and blowjob day for me!

Note: not from the kids, they can get me a tie or something.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

mungtor posted:

Wow. Misogynist much? I was using the non-gender specific version of "miserable little bitch", . . . . You should really think before you post.

two things
1) this isn't the cursed thread
2) source your cursed quotes

edit- wow, WOW, misandrist much? i was using the gender neutral insult "small dicked sackless unfuckable shitscum who pees from his mouth" so i dunno why youre so upset, mouthpisser.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
AITA for asking my husband to babysit me?

quote:

I am narcoleptic and I take what is essentially prescription GHB (date r*pe drug) to treat it. I take it at night to sleep, twice a night at 9 PM and 1 AM. ( I had to edit that word to make sure the bot didn't remove my post)

When I take it at 9, I pretty much turn into a drunk person. I act as much as you would expect someone who just took GHB to act. I get up and eat ALL the food that I possibly can, I try to cook, I make a mess, I call my friends, I do stupid stuff. Usually I binge eat. And our pantry (and freezer for the record) is impossible to lock.

For the past few years that I have been on this medicine I have seen tremendous change, I got my life back. I cannot go off of it. However, it is incredibly inconvenient because I frequently get up and do stupid stuff.

I have developed some pretty serious health issues due to the nightly binge eating. I have been hospitalized for them at least once. I asked my husband to make sure I stay in bed after I take my sedative and he Just Doesn't Do It.

Apparently I don't listen well after I've taken my sedative. I get persuasive (not combative) and I might sound like myself but it's the medicine talking. At this point he will see me eating an entire cake with my hands and won't do anything about it because this is the new normal.

I have begged him to stop me from eating at night because of the serious health issues it has caused and he just doesn't seem to care. I don't know if he is trying to be TA by not helping me or if I am TA for expecting this level of help from my partner. I know it sucks to ask him to do this but he's all I have and I don't think it's a huge deal to just walk me to bed and take away the cake.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
AITA for digging up old forgotten posts from 7 pages ago to get my sick burns in?

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

two things
1) this isn't the cursed thread
2) source your cursed quotes

edit- wow, WOW, misandrist much? i was using the gender neutral insult "small dicked sackless unfuckable shitscum who pees from his mouth" so i dunno why youre so upset, mouthpisser.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
NTA

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

ad090 posted:

You could keep less food around

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Smirking_Serpent posted:

He divides the world up into “valuable” and “invaluable” activities, and sees many of the things I enjoy as invaluable.

Dickhead boyfriend doesn't know the meaning of "invaluable".

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Wooper posted:

AITA for digging up old forgotten posts from 7 pages ago to get my sick burns in?

mouthpisser detected

edit- also i wasn't done laughing at the concept of a gender neutral bitch. hah! okay now i'm done.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for refusing to stop wearing two pairs of underwear despite my wife’s requests?

quote:

Unfortunately, the title is as silly as it sounds, and this post isn’t going to make any sense of it. Basically, for as long as I’ve dressed myself, I’ve always put on two pairs of underwear. I don’t know why it started, but I’ve been doing it for a while. I’ve tried to break the habit, but every time I try, I feel physically uncomfortable and just don’t bother.

Now, I’ve been with my wife for 3 years and married for 1. Until recently, she did not know I had this habit. This Friday night, we were getting ready to have sex and we were both kind of stripping down, but in a corny and silly kind of way. We were both being very dramatic about taking off our clothes, and once I took my pants, I sensually took off the first pair of underwear slowly before taking off the second. She completely burst into laughter, and found the whole situation hilarious. She told me that I had way too much dedication to this sensual stripping but we were doing, but then I told her that the two pairs of underwear wasn’t part of the bit, and I actually do that normally. She didn’t believe me at first, and it took some pestering for her to finally realize I wasn’t making this up. She said we’ll talk about this later and we continued on with our sexual activities, however, I did notice some subtle signs of her being slightly less affectionate.

Anyways, yesterday we wake up, and all day she’s questioning everything about my habit. She brings up things like how it doesn’t make sense because I go through twice the amount of laundry, how it’s uncomfortable, and how there probably isn’t anyone else in the world who does this. I understand that what she’s saying makes sense, but again, I mentioned to her that I tried to kick the habit and was very uncomfortable doing so, so I just stopped trying. She tells me that I barely gave it a chance, and that it just makes zero logistical sense to wear two pairs of underwear. I told her it isn’t hurting anyone.

After this initial argument, she continues to complain to me about this issue. She starts getting gradually more angry about it as the day goes on, and what started out as playful ribbing turns into heated argument. She starts bringing up how it’s gonna be a total turnoff in bed now because she won’t be able to stop thinking about it, and she starts calling me a weirdo, which definitely hurt me. I know she’s probably doing it to get me to stop wearing two pairs of underwear, but it still hurts regardless. The argument just keeps going in circles until I just say that I’m done talking about it. She remains very angry for the rest of the night and basically doesn’t talk to me and we just get into bed silently that night. It’s this morning now, and she’s not awake yet, but I’m really starting to question whether I’m actually in the wrong here or if she’s overreacting and making a big deal out of a minor issue. AITA?

I guess he's a never-nude or something???

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Girls wear two bras to keep their massive jubblies from flying the gently caress out everywhere and knocking Grandma off the curb, but this big dicked hero keeps his dragon at bay with TWO walls of cotton shielding and we're supposed to hate him? no, no no no, thats reverse sexism and it has no place in the hallowed grounds og the something awful r/relationships shitpost thread

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

ad090 posted:

ehhh is there some other medication you could try? i would try different stuff if it turned me into a drunken glutton

its great that it works but dealing with that every single day for years sounds like a terrible strain if you are in a relationship and the husband is more than likely burned out

datajugend fucked around with this message at 17:10 on May 5, 2019

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

ad090 posted:

huh, i had no idea GHB was used to treat the sleep paralysis part of narcolepsy. i'm also confused as to why their pantry and freezer are unlockable. if my medicationg had me getting comorbid complications due to the weird blackout eating i'm doing, i think the first idea i would have would be to find out how to lock that poo poo :shrug:

/r/relationships: keep their massive jubblies from flying the gently caress out everywhere and knocking Grandma off the curb

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for refusing to stop wearing two pairs of underwear despite my wife’s requests?

But with pants.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DemoneeHo posted:

Your wife for three years prior to being married didnt notice the two pairs of underwear. Were you saving an underwear for marriage and shes pissed you wont let her rip your cotton?

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Am I an rear end in a top hat for breaking up with my white boyfriend because he wanted to use the word "n-word"?

quote:

We’ve been together for 6 months now. At the beginning, I made it very clear that I’m uncomfortable with him saying the it (just for clarification purposes, the word I’m referring to is “nigga”). Last month, he was singing along to a song and I had to remind him and tell him that I was uncomfortable when he said the word. He seemed annoyed, but seemed to drop it. On Wednesday, he came up to me and told me he wanted to talk to me. He said he doesn’t want to have to police his language for the rest of his life, and that he wanted to talk to me about it. I asked him what would a reasonable compromise in his opinion would be and he said to “allow” him to use the n-word and understand he’s not being derogatory using it. I told him that I appreciated him coming to me, and that I think it’s best if we see other people. I guess he didn’t expect that because he did a complete 180 and said he was actually completely okay with not using it and that he’s sorry and to give him another chance. To be honest, that fact that he asked me to give him a “n-word pass” made me lose a lot of respect for him. I told him that its senseless to be in a relationship where you have to feel like you’re restricted constantly and that I wished him the best and to give me my spare key. He was crying and begging but I held firm (I did bawl like a baby when he left). His friends started to text me saying he’s a good guy and don’t do him like that but I just blocked their numbers. I feel really sad for the way it ended but ultimately, I didn’t want to be with somebody who felt so strongly about the usage of a word meant to dehumanize me and my ancestors. AITA?

The comments for this one are about what you'd expect for reddit. My personal favorite "No poo poo, but if he tried to reach a common(middle) ground and you just broke up with him, that’s a bit over the top don’t you think? I mean I understand it makes you uncomfortable, but imagine him saying you couldn’t use the word ‘bread’ for example. Sounds stupid right?".

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I could understand if maybe he switches through the week like a conveyor belt of skivvies. You know, this pair on the outside today, tomorrow it's the inside pair with a new pair on the outside etc.

Hell I dunno. Maybe security issues or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ad090 posted:

This sounds exhausting.