Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Nah, a marine wouldn't be able to find his way over the barrier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Beach Bum posted:

Marines are smart enough to not melt their crayons

Umm...

MrUnderbridge posted:

This guy gets it!

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

MrUnderbridge posted:

Nah, a marine wouldn't be able to find his way over the barrier without his buddies egging him on.

ftfy

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

MrUnderbridge posted:

They'd go through.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The Army Won The Volcano

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Sharing this rare good GPS post because it's relevant:

minato posted:

GI Joe vs the Volcano

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Mmm, delicious (probably toxic) propellant residue.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
No "probably" about it.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
That’s about as dumb as the shot glasses made from the 30mm casings fires from a Warthog

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

DoktorLoken posted:

Mmm, delicious (probably toxic) propellant residue.

From reading Ignition!, my understanding is that rocket propellants are either insanely toxic, or essentially useless.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Or it's one of the training ones that never had a rocket in it.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

CainFortea posted:

Or it's one of the training ones that never had a rocket in it.

those are reusable and fire blank rounds so I seriously doubt they'd have one out like that out for drinking purposes.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Memento posted:

From reading Ignition!, my understanding is that rocket propellants are either insanely toxic, or essentially useless.

Solid rockets yes. Liquid is usually just cold and explosive, other than nasty hypergolics.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Memento posted:

Ignition! is one of the greatest books ever written, and should be enshrined with Herodotus and Tacitus and Mahan.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

CommieGIR posted:

Solid rockets yes. Liquid is usually just cold and explosive, other than nasty hypergolics.

Well army rockets are solid fuel. Pretty sure.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

It's black powder residue, while not exactly a health food it's not HAZMAT-what the gently caress am I doing right now trying to rationalize, what the gently caress is wrong with these- oh right, the military.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Ignition! is one of the greatest books ever written, and should be enshrined with Herodotus and Tacitus and Mahan.

:hai:

Force de Fappe posted:

It's black powder residue, while not exactly a health food it's not HAZMAT-what the gently caress am I doing right now trying to rationalize, what the gently caress is wrong with these- oh right, the military.

It gets us all my friend, just let it wash over you.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

mumps and lack of heart have staggeringly similar symptoms

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Wasabi the J posted:

Well army rockets are solid fuel. Pretty sure.

Naturally. Was just being a nerd.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Force de Fappe posted:

??? It's not black powder material.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Imagine your drill for a tank rolling up to your position involving breaking out a thermos of LOX or red fuming nitric acid so you can fuel up the bazooka

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

aphid_licker posted:

Imagine your drill for a tank rolling up to your position involving breaking out a thermos of LOX or red fuming nitric acid so you can fuel up the bazooka

This post reminded me that C4 has a warning of "DO NOT EAT", because someone actually went and ate it. There are stories dating back to Vietnam, but this stellar specimen in 2002 didn't seem to have gotten the memo 30 years after the fact.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1279680/

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Icon Of Sin posted:

This post reminded me that C4 has a warning of "DO NOT EAT", because someone actually went and ate it. There are stories dating back to Vietnam, but this stellar specimen in 2002 didn't seem to have gotten the memo 30 years after the fact.

Man I can think of few things that are not designed as poison that I would less like to eat.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

Man I can think of few things that are not designed as poison that I would less like to eat.

Yeah, but Dave said he heard you could catch a buzz from it, so why not?

And hey, ended up on benzos!:catdrugs:

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Memento posted:

The point is that all rockets need really strong oxidizers. No strong oxidizer, not even oxygen, is good to be around. Things happily and willy-nilly stripping electrons from everything are really bad news when you rely on things being pretty chemically stable.

The reason oxygen is less toxic for most life on earth is that it has evolved ways to deal with is since it is essential for our internal energy cycle. The rise of oxygen producing bacteria led to the first known mass extinction event, the Great Oxygenation Event a.k.a. the Oxygen Catastrophe. They were not evolved to deal with it.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Global-scale biochemistry is so loving cool. Banded iron formations! The first land plants sucking so much Co2 out of the atmosphere that the entire loving planet glaciated! A period where woody trees had evolved but there wasn't a high enough oxygen concentraction to support fires and also nothing that could digest cellulose existed yet, so the entire world was covered in dead trees that just stayed where they fell unchanged for tens of millions of years, leaving an echo in the geological record that gets cabinetmaker's dicks hard to this very day!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Dont forget The Great Dying, where volcanoes started burning enough coal to nearly kill everything on Earth

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Dont forget The Great Dying, where volcanoes started burning enough coal to nearly kill everything on Earth

Also known as “the Industrial Revolution” in some areas of study.

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beach Bum posted:

Marines are smart enough to not melt their crayons

Only because they eat them instead

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

AGGGGH BEES posted:

Only because they eat rape them instead

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Asking for a friend, but uhh, how?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Steezo posted:

Improvise, Adapt and Overcome

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Icon Of Sin posted:

This is the stuff I browse SA for

:dance:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Steezo posted:

You gonna tell me you got all the way to 2019 without hearing about sounding?

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Hey remember that SEAL that probably committed a bunch of war crimes including knifing a wounded 14 year old ISIS child-soldier and is being put on trial for them? Some PRO 2A FREEDOM AMERICA GUNS RULE clothes company made a fundraiser for him because ~innocent until proven guilty,~ guys... so long as they're a FREEDOM PATRIOT--otherwise they're subhuman scum who don't deserve a kangaroo court trial, let alone a fair one.

Not linking it because gently caress them, and gently caress that guy.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Gotta be 9Line. I see their poo poo and BRC on all the dumb ag hicks here.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Got it in one.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Imagine booticking this hard

https://youtu.be/M_wLPcH1_WA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

That’s some poor tactics if you’re going 1 on 100 with a pr24...