Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ad090 posted:

AITA for asking my husband to babysit me?

Intoxication isn’t an excuse for bad behavior. Maybe stop buying entire cakes and put a double-sided lock on the bedroom door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

datajugend posted:

ehhh is there some other medication you could try? i would try different stuff if it turned me into a drunken glutton

its great that it works but dealing with that every single day for years sounds like a terrible strain if you are in a relationship and the husband is more than likely burned out
Probably not, Xyrem is the drug of last resort for narcolepsy (I have narcolepsy). She wouldn't have been given it if modafinil or anything else worked

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Oh god, let's not get started on locking doors again.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Locking your front door? What a joke

Locking your fridge door? Woke

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

ad090 posted:

Am I an rear end in a top hat for breaking up with my white boyfriend because he wanted to use the word "n-word"?

The comments for this one are about what you'd expect for reddit. My personal favorite "No poo poo, but if he tried to reach a common(middle) ground and you just broke up with him, that’s a bit over the top don’t you think? I mean I understand it makes you uncomfortable, but imagine him saying you couldn’t use the word ‘bread’ for example. Sounds stupid right?".

This lady owns.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Husband is 100% burned out and already trying to figure out how to divorce GHB woman for his own sanity without feeling like he’s the bad guy for abandoning her, guaranteed. He loves her but he can’t take this poo poo anymore.

Lady who dumped racist bf is elevated to honorary Pete hall of fame status.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

ad090 posted:

AITA for asking my husband to babysit me?

The correct response is to see your doctor(s) and look into alternatives, because this medication isn't working for you. You don't get to give your husband a sleep disorder and acquire an eating disorder and call it a win.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lol not even hard R. Chill the gently caress out. If it's for the purposes of a song who cares. What do white people do at rap concerts when that word comes in a lyric, toe the ground and look about idly?

If it's good enough to be in your song you're making millions from then it's good enough for any white, brown, or black person to sing it.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
tired: my wife asking, "would you still love me if I got fat?"

wired: my wife asking, "would you still love me if I got fat but I was unable to control or recall how I got fat because the life-saving medication made me do it in a blackout?"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Twelve Batmans posted:

Lol not even hard R. Chill the gently caress out. If it's for the purposes of a song who cares. What do white people do at rap concerts when that word comes in a lyric, toe the ground and look about idly?

If it's good enough to be in your song you're making millions from then it's good enough for any white, brown, or black person to sing it.

I didn’t think copy pasting was a thing here

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Pinecone Sample posted:

tired: my wife asking, "would you still love me if I got fat?"

wired: my wife asking, "would you still love me if I got fat but I was unable to control or recall how I got fat because the life-saving medication made me do it in a blackout?"

broke: husband has a feeder fetish

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Dienes posted:

The correct response is to see your doctor(s) and look into alternatives, because this medication isn't working for you. You don't get to give your husband a sleep disorder and acquire an eating disorder and call it a win.
Fwiw there are no other options on the level of Xyrem. She wouldn't have gotten it if anything else had worked.

Where's the husband sleep disorder part coming from, is it in the comments or something?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Twelve Batmans posted:

it's not okay for white people to say racial slurs at any time, hth you brokebrain

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Anne Whateley posted:

Fwiw there are no other options on the level of Xyrem. She wouldn't have gotten it if anything else had worked.

Where's the husband sleep disorder part coming from, is it in the comments or something?

I think it’s the idea that he has to stay up and baby sit her? I think.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
It's happening at 9-10 pm

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Anne Whateley posted:

It's happening at 9-10 pm

ad090 posted:

I take it at night to sleep, twice a night at 9 PM and 1 AM.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
She takes it at 9-10 PM. She obviously doesn't go to sleep at that time or near it because she has time to eat entire cakes.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Twelve Batmans posted:

I usually just grunt when I'm rapping along and that word plays. I don't think it's "wrong" to sing along with the word but I don't want to pattern myself to say it. I used to say it "ironically" when I was a late teens early 20s shitlord and to prevent it from slipping out in another context I've just stopped using it entirely. Also I don't usually rap along to stuff anymore.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

quote:

When I take it at 9, I pretty much turn into a drunk person.

By the 1 am dose, you're already in bed asleep from the first dose. Alarm goes off, you roll over and take a shot, you pass out again. Because the first dose has already knocked you out, you can't get up and cake-eat

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

She takes it at 9-10 PM. She obviously doesn't go to sleep at that time or near it because she has time to eat entire cakes.
She takes it at 9 (you really aren't supposed to be late with it). I think she can get her cake-eating done in an hour, because the drug should kick in to take you past drunk into unconscious pretty fast

I have narcolepsy and while I've been trying to avoid Xyrem, I have discussed it a bunch with my doctor.

When you take the first dose, you're literally already supposed to be in bed with the light out, ready to go to sleep immediately, so my question for her is if she's really that on-point or if she's taking it before she brushes her teeth or something.

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 5, 2019

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Truant posted:

it's not okay for white people to say racial slurs at any time, hth you brokebrain

Eat my whole rear end. Don't put it in your song if you don't want it to be sung. HTH.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Cynic Jester posted:

At first I was like "no way that's a thing"

Then I was like "of course that's a thing"

Humanity is a failed experiment.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Resting Lich Face posted:

Humanity is a failed experiment.

Wrong. Experiments have a purpose. Humanity is just a terrible accident.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Cynic Jester posted:

And is probably having sex with her while she's drugged up :stonk:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

13Pandora13 posted:

And is probably having sex with her while she's drugged up :stonk:

Ok let’s just relax he’s probably well done and fed up with her at this point let’s not call him a rapist.

Also Anne you sure give her a lot of credit with her medication she obviously doesn’t seem to be taking it / doing it right so anything she says she does with her meds is suspect at best.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I literally questioned whether she was taking it right

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Twelve Batmans posted:

Eat my whole rear end. Don't put it in your song if you don't want it to be sung. HTH.

man it must suck to have such a hosed up brain

oh and to contribute to racism, yeah drat, you're pathetic

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

HOA Using Drones

quote:

Recently our neighborhood has had a problem with drones flying over our fenced in yards and private property. The HOA sent out a news letter saying the drones are used to monitor the landscaping but I don't see how our private fenced in yards are their concern. I'm wondering if it's even legal for them to be flying drones over private property and what action the home owners can take. Edit: I Live in Colorado USA.

This is a worse dystopia than 1984

"ATTENTION NEIGHBOR, HOA VICE PRESIDENT KAREN HAS DEEMED THE HEIGHT OF YOUR ROSE BUSH 3 MILLIMETERS ABOVE REGULATION. COMPLY OR YOU SHALL BE FORCED TO VOLUNTEER AT OUR NEXT BAKE SALE. HAVE A BLESSED DAY."

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Anne Whateley posted:

I literally questioned whether she was taking it right

You also said that she should be knocked out by 1 which I would highly doubt at this point.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I genuinely thought you were supposed to take one dose at 9 then stay up for the 1am dose :saddowns: the alarm thing sounds like hell

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

You also said that she should be knocked out by 1 which I would highly doubt at this point.
She's literally taking GHB. You can't power through GHB. By 1 am she's going to be unconscious. It might be facedown in a cake but she's gonna be unconscious.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Anne Whateley posted:

She's literally taking GHB. You can't power through GHB. By 1 am she's going to be unconscious. It might be facedown in a cake but she's gonna be unconscious.

What if she’s not taking the correct dose?

Honestly we can cut this short because she’s clearly the rear end in a top hat for putting her partner through her shenanigans and expecting him to baby sit her rear end when she’s clearly not taking the medication correctly.

We can theory craft all week but STAH.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Anne Whateley posted:

*sounds of goons scribbling notes furiously*

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

What if she’s not taking the correct dose?

Honestly we can cut this short because she’s clearly the rear end in a top hat for putting her partner through her shenanigans and expecting him to baby sit her rear end when she’s clearly not taking the medication correctly.

We can theory craft all week but STAH.
There is no reason to conclude "clearly she's not taking it correctly." She could be taking it flawlessly and this poo poo could still be happening. It's a known side effect. Sometimes poo poo happens even when you do everything right.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Ex-boyfriend's dad and stepmom came to my house and stole my dog. Can I get my dog back and get them arrested?

quote:

So, my ex-boyfriend and I adopted a dog together eight months ago with both our names. However, we broke up two months later and he abandoned the dog and never really actively tried to get him back. At the point, I was his sole and only caretaker. I changed the owner's name at the adoption center to mine, and I registered him under my name in my town.

My ex's dad and I spoke yesterday and he asked if I needed a place for my dog to live ( because I am moving into a no-pets apt in August). I said sure, if you want to take him for a few months. He then proceeds to tell me that he wont be keeping the dog, and that their family friend wants the dog. I tell him something along the lines of, "I'm not okay with that. I will keep the dog." He nods and agrees.

Fast forward to today, his dad told me he would drive to my house to pick up their old tv from my room. I was not home at the time and told my roommates not to let him in until I got home. They ended up letting him in and he and his wife claimed that they would take the dog for a walk, so my roommates agreed to the seemingly harmless proposal. One of my roommates told me that ten or so minutes later, everyone else left the house and my ex's dad and stepmom came knocking on the door again and said that they wanted to get the tv, so my roommate shows them up to my room and they get the tv (no biggie, this was agreed on).

So, what happens next is actually psychotic. They take the tv, slam the front door, put my dog in their car and drive off. I come home and realize the dog is gone, and I call one of my roommates (who left before I got home) and she tells me what happened.

I have firmly texted both my ex and his dad demanding my dog back and it has been over 8 hours since I sent the first texts.

Can I call the police on them and report the dad and stepmom for stealing my dog?? Will they get arrested?

Get better roommates

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

ad090 posted:

Am I an rear end in a top hat for breaking up with my white boyfriend because he wanted to use the word "n-word"?

The comments for this one are about what you'd expect for reddit. My personal favorite "No poo poo, but if he tried to reach a common(middle) ground and you just broke up with him, that’s a bit over the top don’t you think? I mean I understand it makes you uncomfortable, but imagine him saying you couldn’t use the word ‘bread’ for example. Sounds stupid right?".

I'm all about not using either form of the n word, or any other racial slurs for that matter, but I've always thought it is really stupid and, yes, unfair, when people get mad over direct quotations. Particularly song lyrics but one could also include Huck Finn and poo poo like that.

I recognize that I have zero authority to decide whether or not this is socially ok. But a direct quotation lacks the connotations of hate and violence that make slurs such a no no to use generally.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean you can just not sing it as well.

It’s fine, you will survive

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Twelve Batmans posted:

I'm reminded of a story where a whitey was invited up on stage to rap along with a rap concert, then got booed, insulted, and kicked from the venue for accurately rapping the lyrics. And yeah that's exactly the kinda situation that annoys me. It wasn't the whitey that was putting that word out there.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Twelve Batmans posted:

Half your posts seem to come down to whining that you can't be as edgelord as possible without people wanting to punch you in the mouth.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Nathilus posted:

I'm reminded of a story where a whitey was invited up on stage to rap along with a rap concert, then got booed, insulted, and kicked from the venue for accurately rapping the lyrics. And yeah that's exactly the kinda situation that annoys me. It wasn't the whitey that was putting that word out there.

:happened:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

DemoneeHo posted:

HOA Using Drones

This is a worse dystopia than 1984

"ATTENTION NEIGHBOR, HOA VICE PRESIDENT KAREN HAS DEEMED THE HEIGHT OF YOUR ROSE BUSH 3 MILLIMETERS ABOVE REGULATION. COMPLY OR YOU SHALL BE FORCED TO VOLUNTEER AT OUR NEXT BAKE SALE. HAVE A BLESSED DAY."

Budk's got your back, bud.