Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Henchman of Santa posted:

The new !T.O.O.H.! has the worst art I’ve ever seen. :nws:
https://tooh1.bandcamp.com/album/komou

Yeah that's...that's bad. Listening now, though, and this is what I could have hoped for in a new !T.O.O.H.! EP, even if the three-track intro-song-outro format is strange.

I've quite the fond high school memories of cruising in my friend's hosed-up Ford Focus at night while blasting Where the Corpses Sink Forever. Cheesy or nerdy or whatever, it still kicked rear end for us at 17.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Carach Angren are a ton of fun

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Just came across Nihilsect, a black metal/crust group from Greece. It's pretty drat good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ0UXSPHFNs

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

goddammit the hype for the new darkthrone is real

release it already!!!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Mr. Pickles posted:

goddammit the hype for the new darkthrone is real

release it already!!!

I hope they do a cool record package or something. It’s time I give Darkthrone some money for the years of awesome metal.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I am also thinking of purchasing this record. I have never been a darkthrone fan but if the rest of the songs share this celticfrost-esque feel, then I'll just buy it on the spot

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The other day I was buying music and saw what looked like a reissue of Keeper of the 5 keys. How is it?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tr9TAE-NgE

There's shitloads of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVQNWGXJBgk

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
krisiun owns

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

New Amon Amarth is really good. Yeah it’s not genre shattering innovation whatever but the songs are catchy as hell and everything sounds nice and thick as it should. Does what it says on the tin. Johan Hegg is a phenomenal vocalist.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 6, 2019

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Kilometers Davis posted:

New Amon Amarth is really good. Yeah it’s not genre shattering innovation whatever but the songs are catchy as hell and everything sounds nice and thick as it should. Does what it says on the tin.

Yeah I've been digging it a lot. They've really lent into the classic heavy metal feel more than ever and it makes for catchy songs, with some brutal stuff in there still too. I think having it produced by someone other than Andy Sneap was a good move, I felt the production on the last two albums was a little thin and lifeless (though not terrible), whereas this sounds much better. 'When Once Again We Can Set Our Sails' 'Fafner's Gold' and 'The Berserker at Stamford Bridge' are the standouts for me so far.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Yeah I've been digging it a lot. They've really lent into the classic heavy metal feel more than ever and it makes for catchy songs, with some brutal stuff in there still too. I think having it produced by someone other than Andy Sneap was a good move, I felt the production on the last two albums was a little thin and lifeless (though not terrible), whereas this sounds much better. 'When Once Again We Can Set Our Sails' 'Fafner's Gold' and 'The Berserker at Stamford Bridge' are the standouts for me so far.

I noticed on the last one that they were basically taking the old Amon Amarth sound into full blast Iron Maiden heavy metal territory. This one confirms it.

No idea why they released Raven’s Flight as the first single. There are way better songs here to show off the entire album.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'll be honest and admit that, despite my misgivings regarding Andy Sneap, I really really liked how well Jomsviking came together.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Tomb Mold have a new song out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe7psVGvBR8

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I went and saw Mass Infection at an underground minifest yesterday and it was awesome, pretty sick DM

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I think I would be better off without 90% of the soft spoken dungeon master interludes in the new Amon Amarth

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

beggar posted:

I think I would be better off without 90% of the soft spoken dungeon master interludes in the new Amon Amarth
But how are we to know when something is epic as hell? :negative:

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Mr. Pickles posted:

I went and saw Mass Infection at an underground minifest yesterday and it was awesome, pretty sick DM

Check out Infected Flesh and Antropofogus as they're in the same vein. Hell, might as well do other Italian bdm acts Putridity and Devangelic as well.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

tomb mold rules but I don't know if it's just me or what but it seems like they came out of nowhere?

or maybe it's just because they released 2 full lengths just 1 year apart and seem to be on the verge of another?

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I hope they do a cool record package or something. It’s time I give Darkthrone some money for the years of awesome metal.

Besides black, they had two color variants and a sweet version on 7 inch box set.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Been checking out some Arcturus following recommendations and ICS Vortex really sounds like a The Wall era Roger Waters on a lot of tracks. Sideshow Symphonies is a pretty trippy album.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

in to it and in to the art

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

beggar posted:

I only remember the one in Ironside and I wish it was a bit longer because Hegg sounds loving badass.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

tomb mold rules but I don't know if it's just me or what but it seems like they came out of nowhere?

Kinda

They are the most Dark Souls band (and/or Dark Souls is the most death metal video game series)

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Kinda

They are the most Dark Souls band (and/or Dark Souls is the most death metal video game series)

idgi

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Goddamn Shield Wall on the new Amon Amarth :rock:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I don't either but they are named after something from Bloodborne

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
They're named after an item in Bloodborne that opens up a hellish labyrinth full of mutated monsters. And some of their songs ("Abysswalker", "Clockwise Metamorphosis") are named after poo poo from those games.

Still the least cringy video game-themed band by a country mile, though.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I wonder what question y'all think you're answering.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Kinda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHH33wdM1cA
Tons of swamps and murky dungeons and even a few deserts so doom metal fits

Gorewar
Dec 24, 2004

Bang your head

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

or maybe it's just because they released 2 full lengths just 1 year apart and seem to be on the verge of another?

They've only been around for a few years, and their last album got noticed right away by writers and ended up on a ton of year end lists. Sometimes that's all it takes.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

beggar posted:

lol this post and the mention of andy sneap and the fact that its loving amon amarth is making this record sound like incredible dogshit

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Get yerself some Tanith, solid 70s style hard rock with NWOBHM stylings with Russ Tippins from Satan. The album comes out the 24th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPY_Jw-O5k0

E: And if that's a bit too soft, get Ripped to Shreds.

https://rippedtoshredsdeathmetal.bandcamp.com/

Genre listed as "entombedcore", so you know what's up.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 6, 2019

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

A human heart posted:

lol this post and the mention of andy sneap and the fact that its loving amon amarth is making this record sound like incredible dogshit

triangulating the sound of lovely metal albums from descriptions in this thread without ever listening to them is one of life's great pleasures

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm
Tomb Mold's two demos in 2016 were pretty much instantly raved about.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Besides black, they had two color variants and a sweet version on 7 inch box set.

Ahhhh that’s awesome. Very tempting!

The riffs on the released track :swoon:

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 7, 2019

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
What was the band posted before that had one album but absolutely hosed up vocals? I can't loving remember it and that isn't something easily googled.

Like super-demonic sounding stuff, it was awesome and I can't find it.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
demilich

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Fuckin' there it is, I knew this thread would deliver. I have to bookmark that poo poo. Or, you know, buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

CornHolio posted:

Fuckin' there it is, I knew this thread would deliver. I have to bookmark that poo poo. Or, you know, buy it.

If you're going to buy a digital copy, there was a remaster done a few years back that was done from 24-bit masters instead of the 16-bit CD masters, it sounds good.

https://demilich.bandcamp.com/