Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Plavski posted:

She's just way more of a multiplayer focused investigator tbh. You're gonna have a hard time with her no matter what you do. I wouldn't actually play her with less than three players as there are so many better investigators to spend your time with at one or two player.

Yeah, this is the truth of it. I've never played more than 2-player so I didn't really consider that some investigators are actually designed for multiplayer, but it makes perfect sense when you look at it from that angle. I shouldn't be surprised really, support characters are a thing in a lot of games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/4/29/return-to-the-path-to-carcosa/

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Cool! Path was by far our favourite campaign, so it'll be fun going back again. It was pretty tough the first time around though, so I'm sure this will be quite the challenge.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
That upgraded Colt .32 is nuts, especially for Mark.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

The Greater Good spoilers are up : http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/arkhamhorror/arkham-horror-the-card-game

Click 'more search options' then select the set, then select the blank option in Encounter Set to filter the player cards. The entire set is composed of upgrades to the dual class cards, plus one neutral tutor.

My first thought was using Sleight of Hand with Leo on the Guardian .45 Thompson could be a net resource gain, but a Flamethrower is probably still better if you want a big gun.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Flamethrower is still prince amoung weapons, but you can stack the .45 Thompson with Bandolier which you can’t with the Flamethrower. It’s a trickle of cash back while killing stuff for 3 experience so at least its an interesting option to consider. Will probably feel great in play.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

The Greater Good

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kalko posted:

The Greater Good spoilers are up : http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/arkhamhorror/arkham-horror-the-card-game

Click 'more search options' then select the set, then select the blank option in Encounter Set to filter the player cards. The entire set is composed of upgrades to the dual class cards, plus one neutral tutor.

My first thought was using Sleight of Hand with Leo on the Guardian .45 Thompson could be a net resource gain, but a Flamethrower is probably still better if you want a big gun.

this wasn't working for me but here's a direct link that did

http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/arkhamhorror/arkham-horror-the-card-game/_/the-circle-undone/for-the-greater-good/

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Survivor Grisly Totem seems legit.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Orange Devil posted:

Survivor Grisly Totem seems legit.

I think they're both pretty good, but yeah I'd give the edge to Survivor for sure.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
.45 Thompson (3) seems like it would be amazing combined with Venturer and Leo Anderson.

2/2 soak and 3 ammo for 1 card, 0 actions, and 0 net resources? Sign me up.

I'll probably never see the Sleight of Hand interaction now that we have the Taboo list.

edit: It is a bad gun at killing things, even compared to the Shotgun, so I don't think the combo will necessarily always be the go-to. I do like how it opens up the ability to play more expensive guardian cards like Dynamite by greatly increasing guardian resource economy. I'm glad we are mostly past the "print amazing cards" stage and into the "print specific combo cards" stage of the game.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 19:21 on May 3, 2019

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Hey, looking to get some feedback on my first deck. We played the first scenario with just thr starter decks and then decided to swap out as much as we wanted for the second scenario. My friend is playing Norman Withers, so he's got most of the clue finding covered and I'm mostly looking to just kill things.

Edit: Posting deck in line

Asset (13)
Hand
1x Flashlight
2x Machete
1x Survival Knife

Accessory
1x Zoey's Cross

Ally
2x Beat Cop ••
2x Leo De Luca
1x Lita Chantler

Other
2x Enchanted Blade
1x Liquid Courage

Permanent (1)
1x Charisma •••

Event (10)
1x "Let me handle this!"
2x Dodge
2x Emergency Aid
1x Emergency Cache
2x Evidence!
2x Shortcut

Skill (9)
1x Guts
2x Manual Dexterity
2x Overpower
2x Unexpected Courage
2x Vicious Blow

Treachery (2)
1x Haunted
1x Smite the Wicked

Piell fucked around with this message at 00:31 on May 7, 2019

Spritz3
May 3, 2009
I see lots of good cards but the deck is very resource-expensive, even for Zoe. It's ten resources to get utility out of Charisma, assuming you don't draw your one-of Lita, on top of paying for weapons and other cards. I would at least include a second Emergency Cache, perhaps in place of Emergency Aid (or Flashlight -- you may have your hands full with fighting).

The Survival Knife is fantastic, especially with lots of damage and horror soak, and double-especially when you'll need to run over and pull enemies off a helpless old Astronomer, so I would take second one in place of a Mystic Blade (or in place of a Machete if you really love the image of Zoe with a magic sword). While all three are good weapons, Machete and Mystic Blade serve similar purposes while Survival Knife does something different and very valuable.

I am not sure which packs you have, but I prefer Scene of the Crime to Evidence! Although either is probably fine and since Evidence!! is one point cheaper, Evidence!!! may be better in this deck.

Edit: In case you want to consider a completely different upgrade path and assuming you have the packs, I will point out that seven experience is exactly enough for the Guardian power card: Stick to the Plan (which costs 6 since it's Exceptional) and it's best buddy Ever Vigilant (you only need one copy).

Spritz3 fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 7, 2019

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Spritz3 posted:

Edit: In case you want to consider a completely different upgrade path and assuming you have the packs, I will point out that seven experience is exactly enough for the Guardian power card: Stick to the Plan (which costs 6 since it's Exceptional) and it's best buddy Ever Vigilant (you only need one copy).

This is just super clutch.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

I've gotten two coworkers hooked with 1-2 sessions per month.

Did Night of the Zealot to teach the newbie
(New - Roland, Grognard - Daisy, Me - Jenny)

Solidly into Dunwich now; ran Blood on the Altar tonight. This is a cold campaign run for all three of us. Worth it for making us sweat the decisions.
(New - Zoey, Grognard - Rex, Me - Sefina)

The nicest people become so heartless when the alternative is risking a trauma to their own investigator.
Will try to get them out of color comfort-zones for Carcosa.

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Running through the Forgotten Age campaign absolved me of any fear of trauma.

You take so much of it that's dished out by the scenarios and it ends up not being the end of the world.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

After my first time through, I never go anywhere in the Forgotten Age without my trusty blanket. I played it through with a friend last year and failed on the final scenario, and just this weekend I decided to return with a solo Silas Marsh deck. I wanted a fighter Survivor so it was a coin flip between Silas and William Yorick. I'd also just been reading the FA post mortem articles on the Strange Solution, including this article about the Old Hunting Rifle. I'd never played a Survivor deep into a campaign before so this was a pretty good learning experience, by which I mean a made a lot of mistakes and I was even able to identify some of them.

Firstly, here's my starting deck (playing The Forgotten Age, on Hard) :

Silas Marsh

Assets
1x Fire Axe (The Dunwich Legacy)
2x Peter Sylvestre:Big Man on Campus (The Dunwich Legacy)
2x Meat Cleaver (The Secret Name)
2x Grisly Totem (The Secret Name)
2x Drawing Thin (The Wages of Sin)

Events
2x "Look what I found!" (Core Set)
2x Lucky! (Core Set)
1x Act of Desperation (The Circle Undone)

Skills
1x Nautical Prowess (Books)
1x Dreams of the Deep:The Deep Gate (Books)
2x Unexpected Courage (Core Set)
2x Quick Thinking (Undimensioned and Unseen)
2x Resourceful (The Path to Carcosa)
2x Eureka! (The Pallid Mask)
2x Stunning Blow (Threads of Fate)
2x True Understanding (The Boundary Beyond)
2x Take Heart (Heart of the Elders)
2x Steadfast (The Circle Undone)

Treachery
1x Internal Injury (The Dunwich Legacy)

I originally had Inquiring Mind, Live and Learn, and Flashlight but they were replaced by Steadfast, True Understanding, and Unexpected Courage after several replays of the first scenario and then more replays of The Boundary Beyond, where I kept failing; I never replay a lost scenario unless I intend to start over completely and in this case I wanted to understand what was wrong with my deck. I put it down to a general lack of willpower support, plus Live and Learn wasn't doing much.

The 1 x Act of Desperation was intended for future Old Hunting Rifle mitigation. I also replaced the Flashlights with True Understanding to free up the hand slots, and it actually performed really well over the course of the campaign.

This is the upgraded deck heading into the final scenario. Early upgrades were 2 x Peter Sylvestre XP2, Charisma and 2 x Lucky XP2, mid-game was 2 x Grisly Totem XP3, 1 x True Survivor (simply amazing), and 1 x Old Hunting Rifle, and late-game was the second Old Hunting Rifle, 1 x Will to Survive, and 2 x Stroke of Luck, and Scrapper.

Non-spoilery comments : Grisly Totem feels really good even though I sometimes forgot about the XP3 version's clause about returning the card if the test fails (aka. the whole point of upgrading it). Nautical Prowess is a ridiculously good signature card, it was MVP for the entire campaign. And the Drawing Thin/Take Heart economy is solid.

One card I was constantly unsure about was "Look what I found!" - I didn't ever want to remove it for fear of not having enough clue finding tools, but I think I only ever actually played it for its effect a few times throughout the whole campaign. Perception might have been a better bet.

What I learned about Survivors, which I kind of already knew just from reading about AH in general in places like this, is that they don't have a lot of flashy, high-XP cards. Going into the final couple of scenarios I wasn't sure what to pick so I added Scrapper and Stroke of Luck (second copies of Will to Survive or True Survivor would have been overkill). I really like SoL but my inclination was to use them early because my general feeling in this game is that as soon as you lose momentum things can go off the rails very, very quickly.

Slightly spoilery comments : the Old Hunting Rifle plan didn't work out. My 2-damage Meat Cleaver sufficed for just about everything until the final scenario, and two of the cards I included as OHR mitigation, Act of Desperation and Oops! (yeah, oops alright) were dead draws most of the time. I guess it didn't help that I got the rifles mid-to-late game but I got into the situation too often where if I drew one early I didn't want to replace my Cleaver since after three shots I'd be without a weapon, and I was using my Resourceful recursion on other stuff.

Speaking of which, I enjoyed Silas's recursion, and having an Elder Sign pop up when you have a big discard pile often requires some serious thought, in a good way; do I want to chain that Resourceful into another key card, or do I want a free Quick Thinking action, or do I want to grab a clue here with True Understanding? Also, Silas's four base agility helps a lot in FA when there is a higher than usual amount of agility treacheries floating around in most of the scenarios.

Very spoilery comments : it pays to know the scenario well when you're playing on hard. In the seventh scenario, The Depths of Yoth, I went downstairs and generated a new layout the turn before the agenda advanced and placed Yig right in my face. It also dropped a random pursuer, which just happened to be one of the snake guys that gets +X fight according to how much Vengeance is in the victory display, and on the previous turn I just happened to have killed the Harbinger of Valusia, adding +5 to said display.

In the sixth scenario, City of Archives, I breezed through on the strength of a heavy skill-based deck and the interaction between Grisly Totem XP3 and Body of a Yithian (since both are reactions, I get to choose the order they go, so I chose to add an icon then double it). I solved all six tasks with plenty of time to spare.

In the final scenario, Shattered Aeons, I actually didn't finish. Never in my life have I had so many cards in my hand and no good plays to make. Turn after turn, I was wasting actions on removing double-action treacheries or weaknesses, or having to deal with multiple enemies clogging up the few locations, including the Formless Spawn. I had to keep evading it because I didn't have the horror tolerance to continuously Cleaver it five times in a row (even with Peter XP2) and I couldn't drop an Old Hunting Rifle safely. I feel like you're either supposed to be able to kill it easily in a turn (like I did with Leo last year) or be mobile enough to take all the evading in your stride (like Rogues/Seekers) but as a Survivor I just didn't have the tools to get by. Either that or I just hit some bad variance, but I replayed the scenario twice to get a feel for what went wrong and the same sort of stuff kept happening.

Final comment : The Forgotten Age is pretty uneven, difficulty-wise, but the theme is fantastic and I enjoy the narrative aspect of this game as much as the mechanical. The lead designer has gone on record saying they front-loaded the difficulty too much, and that The Boundary Beyond in particular is designed to be very hard for maybe not-obvious reasons (its outcome changes some variables in future scenarios), so I wonder if when they eventually release Return to The Forgotten Age they will attempt to re-balance some of that, or whether they'll just go all-in on New Game++.

Kalko fucked around with this message at 20:55 on May 7, 2019

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Isn't Grisly Totem 3 XP?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Orange Devil posted:

Isn't Grisly Totem 3 XP?

No

You're probably thinking of the upgraded versions, which split out of the dual class and have slight differences.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Kalko posted:

Final comment : The Forgotten Age is pretty uneven, difficulty-wise, but the theme is fantastic and I enjoy the narrative aspect of this game as much as the mechanical. The lead designer has gone on record saying they front-loaded the difficulty too much, and that The Boundary Beyond in particular is designed to be very hard for maybe not-obvious reasons (its outcome changes some variables in future scenarios), so I wonder if when they eventually release Return to The Forgotten Age they will attempt to re-balance some of that, or whether they'll just go all-in on New Game++.

I agree with all of this, even if personally the theme did very little for me compared to some of the other campaigns. I've finally played through TFA (and thus, every released scenario so far!!!! uh...actually wait I still need to do Labyrinths sometime) and enjoyed most of the later scenarios. Still, I am kinda salty at the two starter scenarios being so rough; my first attempt at it was with my wife and by midway through scenario 2 we were getting trounced so hard she flat out refused to play Arkham at all for months.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The first two missions of TFA are stupid hard and I sort of understand the theme they're going with but our group had a similar problem of "why even bother?" going on. I think we played the first scenario three times before being ok with the result, and we only got through the second one without restarts because I was playing Calvin and suicided to slow down the enemies chasing them out of the temple to intentionally gain some trauma

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

It was really frustrating for us because we actually did well on scenario 1, but in between scenarios we got dunked on so hard with trauma and had such terrible luck in S2 it was pretty hopeless.

Super ultra TFA ending spoilers: has anyone here actually pulled off the "forge your own path" ending? I don't even remember the details involved.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

I've not played TFA yet. Any spoiler free or spoiler light deckbuilding advice? I've heard a lot of the difficulty stems from the scenarios asking very different questions of the investigators.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

KPC_Mammon posted:

I've not played TFA yet. Any spoiler free or spoiler light deckbuilding advice? I've heard a lot of the difficulty stems from the scenarios asking very different questions of the investigators.

People talk a lot about agility treacheries in this campaign, but it's not super bad or anything. A permanent that can shore it up for resources if needs be will be enough.

The worst thing is the supplies, and you're punished for making bad decisions quite annoyingly.

It's a good campaign though, and has a couple of really best in show scenarios. Also one of the very worst, but I'll leave that to you to figure out which one that is :)

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

KPC_Mammon posted:

In the first couple of scenarios at least, you want most players to have a reliable shot at evading. There's only one chance to get more supplies after the campaign begins, and honestly some of the effects of supplies are really arbitrary - you will have times when the scenario book just screws you for what you haven't taken, it's the nature of the campaign.

Plavski posted:

Also one of the very worst, but I'll leave that to you to figure out which one that is :)

If you're talking about City of Archives we are going to have words. That scenario owned and I was disappointed that I didn't get to stay as a Yithian :(

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

food court bailiff posted:

If you're talking about City of Archives we are going to have words. That scenario owned and I was disappointed that I didn't get to stay as a Yithian :(

He pretty much has to be referring to Boundary Beyond.

My main advice is that trauma is going to happen. That's just how the campaign goes. Keep that in mind.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

The Lord of Hats posted:

My main advice is that trauma is going to happen. That's just how the campaign goes. Keep that in mind.

Levels of trauma that make Calvin fun or unplayable because he's dead?

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
Oh man, The Forgotten Age is hard as hell, but maybe that's my experience because I suck at this game.

My partner and I have been battling our way through the first three scenarios of The Forgotten Age (me as Ursula Downs, her as Agnes Baker), and we weren't able to successfully complete a single scenario. I was either killed or driven insane in all three scenarios. We're trying to figure out where we need to fix our decks, or if the Ursula/Agnes combo isn't as good as we thought it might be.

Then again, in the third scenario, I drew absolute poo poo for my cards after my initial pull.

We have 1 copy of the core set, the Forgotten Age expansion, and the third FA scenario. I'd like to expand my collection simply to access more player cards. Do anyof the other deluxe expansions have a good selection of player cards?

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

The Lord of Hats posted:

Ding ding ding

city of archives was one of the two best in show, the other being depths of yoth

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

KPC_Mammon posted:

I had a blast with him but ymmv. Just make sure you have plenty of soak as you start getting to the later stages.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

KPC_Mammon posted:

Our Calvin had tons of fun the whole way through except on a later scenario where he drew into damage before he could get his defenses set up and was out of the scenario on turn 1.

e:

The Lord of Hats posted:

I suck at remembering the names of these, looking this up it seems to be scenario 4 which I played so long ago I don't remember anything about it. What are the issues?

Rockman Reserve fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 7, 2019

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Orange Devil posted:

Isn't Grisly Totem 3 XP?

Yeah, I meant XP3. And I also called it Grotesque Totem in one spot. Will edit!

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

food court bailiff posted:

I suck at remembering the names of these, looking this up it seems to be scenario 4 which I played so long ago I don't remember anything about it. What are the issues?

There are many, but one of the principal ones is that it's a scenario that can outright remove your progress. It's really horrible to work hard only to see that success taken away and making you do it all over again. A lot of the flipping mechanics are tedious too and it's not very satisfying. Has a nice theme, but the gameplay is regressive and miserable. Many people just skip it. It's telling that they never revisited those mechanics.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Doing Return to the Dunwich Legacy on Hard right now in a 4-player group that just started, and I'm playing as Mark in a group with Joe Diamond (clue/backup gun), Minh (clues and support) and Jenny (rogue things). Did the first campaign and it went well up until it didn't and Mark managed to go crazy off bad Mythos draws inflicting two horror each, which isn't a great sign for the first session. I also drew Indebted, which is making me rethink my plans. I'm really, really tempted to go with the Guardian version of the Enchanted Blade and try to forgo going for a big gun, just running through the campaign with that and a Colt. Losing out on the initial resources means that Stick to the Plan is less good than it normally is so it doesn't solve pretty much all money problems the way it normally does.

Has anyone tried and had success with running a Guardian without big guns in a 4-player group? Am I going to hate myself when boss monsters drop, or is it reasonable to try to skate around it?

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Guardians job is usually killing stuff, particularly big stuff. I got by fine with Hartigan with basically just a Machete in 2 player, but when we hit 4 player very noticeably I needed to up my game and in went the Flamethrowers.

If your economy sucks you could grab the new Tommy Gun, then upgrade and it basically pays for itself.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

RPZip posted:

Doing Return to the Dunwich Legacy on Hard right now in a 4-player group that just started, and I'm playing as Mark in a group with Joe Diamond (clue/backup gun), Minh (clues and support) and Jenny (rogue things). Did the first campaign and it went well up until it didn't and Mark managed to go crazy off bad Mythos draws inflicting two horror each, which isn't a great sign for the first session. I also drew Indebted, which is making me rethink my plans. I'm really, really tempted to go with the Guardian version of the Enchanted Blade and try to forgo going for a big gun, just running through the campaign with that and a Colt. Losing out on the initial resources means that Stick to the Plan is less good than it normally is so it doesn't solve pretty much all money problems the way it normally does.

Has anyone tried and had success with running a Guardian without big guns in a 4-player group? Am I going to hate myself when boss monsters drop, or is it reasonable to try to skate around it?

Dunwich has a bunch of stuff that'll ruin your day if you don't have a ranged weapon.

Boss monsters are absolutely going to make you hate yourself. Monsters with exactly 3 health are also going to make you hate yourself.

A limited use, melee, two damage attack isn't going to cut it in four player hard Dunwich. It could be fine if you were playing Carcosa, or if the player count was lower, or if you were playing on an easier difficulty.

Mark is one of the best investigators at running guns. Put Act of Desperation and Ever Vigilant under Stick to the Plan to solve your economic woes. If you do a hard mulligan for emergency cache and a gun you should have an alright start.

The economy provided by the new Thompson is nice but I'd want a primary guardian that does 3+ damage considering boss monsters will have 20+ health. Right now I'm playing through 4 player hard Carcosa with two monster slayers who only have access to 2 damage attacks and despite the fact that we pretty much only fail on tentacles boss monsters are a headache.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 12, 2019

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

For some reason my friends really like drawing tentacles. During each of the last three sessions they both drew the tentacles more than half a dozen times and we had four instances of them drawing tentacles twice in a single turn this campaign before we houseruled no more than one auto-fail a turn because people were just getting frustrated.

It isn't a great houserule though, because it removes all the tension for a check or two at least every other round. Yeah, they draw that many tentacles. The houserule has prevented an auto-fail every session since instituting it.

I think they just don't know how to properly mix up the chaos bag. Is there an app that can do this for us? I don't trust my friends's ability to pull disks from a bag without screwing it up.

edit: My friend playing Sefina has also drawn Hyades three times in a row, so a card shuffling robot would also be nice.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 16:20 on May 12, 2019

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

KPC_Mammon posted:

For some reason my friends really like drawing tentacles. During each of the last three sessions they both drew the tentacles more than half a dozen times and we had four instances of them drawing tentacles twice in a single turn this campaign before we houseruled no more than one auto-fail a turn because people were just getting frustrated.

It isn't a great houserule though, because it removes all the tension for a check or two at least every other round. Yeah, they draw that many tentacles. The houserule has prevented an auto-fail every session since instituting it.

I think they just don't know how to properly mix up the chaos bag. Is there an app that can do this for us? I don't trust my friends's ability to pull disks from a bag without screwing it up.

edit: My friend playing Sefina has also drawn Hyades three times in a row, so a card shuffling robot would also be nice.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1684985/chaos-bag-app

There's also the official(?) variant of treating the auto pass and auto fail as +0

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Taran_Wanderer posted:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1684985/chaos-bag-app

There's also the official(?) variant of treating the auto pass and auto fail as +0

I don't believe the elder sign is actually auto-pass. It just triggers whatever the elder sign ability of the investigator is along with any associated bonuses (which may end up being enough for a pass typically but not always).

Also for basically all fighters not pulling Sleight goofiness my endgame weapon of choice is usually Timeworn Brand, or occasionally Flamethrower for 4 player. I just find the ammo to be too limiting on all the other weapons. Honestly I think ammo should scale per number of players in the game since typically in higher player counts you'll see more monsters and in most parties, someone taking guns is gonna be handling most of the combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Yeah, plenty of investigators' elder signs are +0: Calvin Wright, Preston Fairmont, Daisy Walker etc. Several others can be +0 if their pre-reqs aren't met, like Jenny has no money or Agnes has no horror.