Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
The one-way road trip is hosed up and not okay imo

Hughlander posted:

How about a wafer thin mint?

AITA for using my boss's private shower at work?
Obviously not an rear end in a top hat in any way, but I guarantee she didn't search hard enough for the hidden cameras

(I'm not sure how one would search hard enough, I don't think it's possible anymore)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Anne Whateley posted:

Obviously not an rear end in a top hat in any way, but I guarantee she didn't search hard enough for the hidden cameras

(I'm not sure how one would search hard enough, I don't think it's possible anymore)

I feel really bad for that OP because even if her coworkers are right—and they could be wrong—her only “offense” is being oblivious. But instead of coming together to support each other the employees are turning against one another.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Anne Whateley posted:

I carry one of those black beepy wand things into every public restroom I enter.

Won't poop unless that thing is blinking and beeping like crazy.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Barudak posted:

You would want to use fear to keep the systems in line, wouldnt you

I for one welcome our new Imperial overlords.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Let me be queen of the ashes.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Pirate Radar posted:

I feel really bad for that OP because even if her coworkers are right—and they could be wrong—her only “offense” is being oblivious. But instead of coming together to support each other the employees are turning against one another.
:capitalism:

I [29 F] am pregnant with twins, my fiance [26 M] wants to give them stupid names.
u/queenbeef

quote:

I'll keep this short- I'm having twin boys. My fiance and I agreed that I would pick their first names and he would pick the middle names. I picked two cute, normal names that I thought would go well with his last name. He picked Batman and Spiderman. He is completely serious. He says these are the names he's always planned to give his children and he thinks that any little boy would love to have the middle name of a superhero.

My question is twofold- 1. How bad would it be if our sons had stupid middle names? Would it be something they resent? and 2. Is this worth an argument? I definitely think he's being an idiot but should I just get over it or should I try to stop this?

tl;dr: Should I let my fiance give our sons the middle names Batman and Spiderman?

Fuck Your Website fucked around with this message at 03:18 on May 7, 2019

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Why is there a private shower at work? Is it near the garage overflowing with junk and half started projects and never used tools hanging from the walls?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

gently caress Your Website posted:

I [29 F] am pregnant with twins, my fiance [26 M] wants to give them stupid names.
u/queenbeef

This idiot needs to be strangled with his own intestines.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you want to name your kid batman but dont want to get shot to death in an alley, you are a hypocrit

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Barudak posted:

If you want to name your kid batman but dont want to get shot to death in an alley, you are a hypocrit

poo poo, if the OP's name is MARTHA she has to let it happen

edit: wait, he wants spiderman not superman, this joke doesn't work

DemoneeHo fucked around with this message at 03:23 on May 7, 2019

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Barudak posted:

Why is there a private shower at work? Is it near the garage overflowing with junk and half started projects and never used tools hanging from the walls?

I've been at large companies where executives with private offices would have a private bathroom off of them and all of those also had showers.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

u/queenbeef

Are Bruce and Peter not good enough for him for middle names? Christ.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Barudak posted:

The office I work in has an executive's suite with a bathroom and shower - they're not unheard of.

13Pandora13 posted:

Are Bruce and Peter not good enough for him for middle names? Christ.

:byodood: but but but only a handful of people will get it!

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Just think of all the Clouds and Sephiroths who are currently in the 3rd grade right now

Actually, they could even be 20 years old now

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Pirate Radar posted:

Powerful move, trying to put them down as references after that. Powerfully stupid.

I had the following exchange with a student once:
:downs: : "Hey prof can you give me a letter of reference?"
:eng101: : "I'm happy to be a reference for my students, but are you sure you WANT me to be?"
:downs: : "Why wouldn't I?"
:eng101: :"Because I would be obligated to state that you failed my course due to not completing assignments and being caught plagiarizing twice."
:downs: :"Yeah but you can't say anything negative in a letter, its against the rules."
:eng101: :"If you're 100% confident that you've read that in the official policy book, by all means, put me down as a reference. :d:"
:downs: :"...nevermind."

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Dienes posted:

I had the following exchange with a student once:
:downs: : "Hey prof can you give me a letter of reference?"
:eng101: : "I'm happy to be a reference for my students, but are you sure you WANT me to be?"
:downs: : "Why wouldn't I?"
:eng101: :"Because I would be obligated to state that you failed my course due to not completing assignments and being caught plagiarizing twice."
:downs: :"Yeah but you can't say anything negative in a letter, its against the rules."
:eng101: :"If you're 100% confident that you've read that in the official policy book, by all means, put me down as a reference. :d:"
:downs: :"...nevermind."

story owns if u read it like jim carrey as robotnik

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

MarcusSA posted:

Wtf?

Is that really ADHD? It doesn't matter really if he's refusing treatment she needs to leave. Its not like things are going to get better.

That is extreme to say the least.
Like having ADHD means constantly forgetting where you put down small objects last, definitely poor time managment....

....forgetting your wife is absolute bonkers poo poo.

And of course the dumbass doesn't want treatment lol.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
I [24M] cheated on my girlfriend [24F] when I was away with friends [24M,24M,23M]. Don't know what to do.
u/Couldusesomeadvive

quote:

Some friends and I went on a trip up in the mountains to get away from everything. We're also celebrating Kyle getting over his illness he was battling for a couple of years. We all have girlfriends, and the plan was for us to just do some activities together and go back to the cabin.

One night we all decided to go to the pub. Kyle, Martin and Oliver all said that they had their two beers and wanted to head back and watch a movie or something. We had met a bunch of girls there that were talking to us. I said I was going to hang back and talk to them a little more. Kyle still told me not to do anything stupid. I got a little too drunk and ended up hooking up with one of the girls. The guys were trying to call me all night. They even went back to the pub to look for me.

The guys knew what I did as soon as I walked in. I could tell they were all pissed. I told them I was sorry. They told me that it's them that I need to explain myself to. They all said that their girlfriends may doubt them now because I pulled this poo poo. Those three were nothing but loyal to their girlfriends. I told them I'd back them up. They went back to the cabin after two beers at 8pm. They watched Batman for god sake.

We got back yesterday and I don't know how to tell Rachel what I did. I don't have the courage to

TL;DR: How do I come clean to my GF and make sure none of it blows back on the other guys? They seriously didn't even look at other girls while we were on vacation. They were at the cabin watching a movie.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
My [25M] girlfriend [24F] only watches "tasteless" movies and television, doesn't ever watch things i like. I asked her to watch something I like for once and she got angry and stopped talking to me.
u/badmoviesthrowaway

quote:

My girlfriend is intelligent and attractive and I do love her. We don't disagree much at all so this is kind of hard for me to talk with her about; when i try she just gets upset and I don't understand why she seems to want to die on this hill.

the problem is she only watches movies and television programs for small children and chick flick type things (the last two she saw were coco and shapes of water and some of the tv shows i've seen her watch include "avatar: the last airbender" and "steven universe" to give you an idea of what kind of stuff it is. She even once said she prefers the cartoon batman to the actual batman movies!) she doesn't invite me to go with her anymore, just watches them by herself or with friends.

frankly, it's really embarrassing to see such an otherwise smart person watching really simple stuff. 3 days ago I asked her if she wants to watch my stuff instead for once and explained that I was put off by how childish all the cartoons and stuff were and she said she'd rather not watch anything with me and hasn't really talked much to me since. I tried to say sorry and just drop it even if it bothers me but she said she felt like I didn't respect her, her "future career", or her interests, and didn't want an apology right now. How do I get her to accept an apology and maybe even have her give my favorites a chance for a change?

tl;dr: Girlfriend only watches kids cartoons and silly, non serious cinema, and won't watch anything good with me. I pointed this out and she got angry

quote:

Child, I'm in my 40s and I consume media meant for younger readers and viewers all the time--and so do most of the people I know. What is her future career?

badmoviesthrowaway
She wants to be a cartoonist

Spoiler: I agree with the girlfriend regarding the spoiler above

Fuck Your Website fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 7, 2019

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Stranding a cheater lady is ice cold and defs the rear end in a top hat but only in the most badass way.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

I [24M] cheated on my girlfriend [24F] when I was away with friends [24M,24M,23M]. Don't know what to do.
u/Couldusesomeadvive

lol the title makes you think it's gonna be a classic case of stupid friends dragging the OP into breaking his life, but no his group of friends were actually really cool guys who warned him, and tried to contact him and see what the hell he was up to, and even with this bunch of genuine good dudes having his back the OP fucks it all up

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
AITA for saying gay as a non-serious insult?
u/ace_af

quote:

Today I showed someone of a sketch of Batman and they asked "where's Superman?" I replied with "no way, Superman's gay" and the room went quiet for a while. It just came out of my mouth and I'm confused if I did something terrible or not.

Also to be specific I never thought being gay, bi-sexual etc was ever a bad thing, it's just that the insult gay was something I said a lot back in my stupid high school years and I've never really said it until today for reasons I don't know.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Grape posted:

lol the title makes you think it's gonna be a classic case of stupid friends dragging the OP into breaking his life, but no his group of friends were actually really cool guys who warned him, and tried to contact him and see what the hell he was up to, and even with this bunch of genuine good dudes having his back the OP fucks it all up

Fuckin' seriously. OP's GF needs to make friends with these dudes: they got her back. Also kick her shithead BF to the curb, obviously. Ideally a curb thousands of miles away from where he lives.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

My [25M] girlfriend [24F] only watches "tasteless" movies and television, doesn't ever watch things i like. I asked her to watch something I like for once and she got angry and stopped talking to me.
u/badmoviesthrowaway

The buried lede here is that the girlfriend is "majoring in cartoons at university" and "She wants to be a cartoonist" (ops words).

So along with being the entertainment police he's also dunking on her career choice.

Also I hate him and feel personally attacked because my wife and I both love The Last Airbender

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

u/badmoviesthrowaway

...I don't think it's the girlfriend who has poor taste here, man, spoiler owns. And I'm not sure I've heard things by Guillermo del Toro called "simple" before! He is many things, and I am not sure that is one.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The Shape of Water is a simple failure of a film because it doesn’t show us the fishman’s dick

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
AITA For breaking things off with my Girlfriend
u/Pm_Me_Your_Boobs7

quote:

So for the last couple of months ive been kinda struggling if im an rear end in a top hat or not. So a few months ago i landed a date with a wonderful woman, We worked together, and we started texting for 2 days straight. She was nearly a decade older than me but she was nice in every regard.

I asked her on a date and after some convincing we went on a date! We went bowling, went to the park, kissed, and then talked in a parking lot for a good 2 hours before we got a motel room and had some fun. She took my first kiss, first date and V-card in one night and it was amazing. We talked everyday pretty much, and when the time came for a second date we decided to just go for dinner and talk, that was it, didnt want to rush things. We agreed and at the last minute she canceled to go to a Fair with her cousin. Ok, thats understandable, one time isnt a big deal so i kinda brushed it off with an ok and had a dissapointing night.

Second time we planned the date and again she said yes, just simple dinner, maybe an hour out of her day to eat. That morning she went out with one of her friends to the mall and around came time for dinner she pushed it back an hour, then another, and another then cancelled all together. I was a bir mad but ok, it happens. No big deal.

Similar things happen again, similar situation. At work shed "make up" for it. Wed go in the back around closing and makeout and whatnot and i was ok with this.

Happens a fourth time in as many weeks, this time it was for the movies. I say gently caress it amd go on my own and have a wonderful time, i watched Spiderman:Homecoming, and wonderwoman, had dinner and got a book. On my way home she texted me and kinda ignored the fact of what happend. I told her i was getting sick and tired of her cancelling last minute, at least tell me a few hours before and not last minite. Then she dropped a bombshell that she "Might be pregnant" which scared the poo poo out of me. She was on birth control and we didnt have sex without a condom. Her test came back negative and yes i made sure she wasnt pregnant. After that i kinda stopped and thought to myself was it all worth it? The stress, the sudden bullshit bombshell, the last minute cancels and the careless attitude. I broke up with her, and a week later i go homeless and lose my job because of losing my house.

Now ive kinda sat and brewed over it all for the past month. She was nice and sweet and funny and wonderful but she just didnt care at all about a relationship. Ues i could have been more patient but i was completely stressed out by losing my house and my job and everything going wrong in my life, and now im not sure if i made the right call. Am i an rear end in a top hat?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh poo poo, I dug into pretentious movie guy's comments:

quote:

classic movies, Hitchcock, Scorsese, Kubrick. She claimed she'd seen the movies I wanted to watch (I don't think she did) but was still open to seeing them again, but she always leaves partway through.

quote:

People who review those shows well are mostly doing it because they watched it as a kid and feel nostalgic for it. They probably haven't even watched them since they were kids and are just going on memories

quote:

She's majoring in cartoons at university, which is probably what she's talking about. I just put it in quotation marks because it's always possible she'll change her mind.

what a pretentious shithead

Oh wait, even though it's a throwaway, he also posted... in the redpill subreddit!

quote:

females exaggerate their "orgasms" in the first place

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Anne Whateley posted:

He was a manipulative abuser - and cheating is abuse - who doesn't care about women. He deserves his suffering. I'm glad it happened to him.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

AITA For breaking things off with my Girlfriend
u/Pm_Me_Your_Boobs7

The spoiler parts... huh?

That doesn't make a lick of sense.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
I know a man who named his son Neo, and someone else who named his daughter Morrigan.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The only thing one way road trip lady did wrong was leaving him the resources to not die

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I mean it's pretty rude to drop off a tactical weapon on the unsuspecting people of whatever city she left him in but other than that, all good.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

u/badmoviesthrowaway

Another post from this dude over on theredpill

quote:

females exaggerate their "orgasms" in the first place

God I hope his girlfriend is out of there.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

u/queenbeef

Oh come on

If it was their first names then yeah, but who the gently caress honestly cares about their middle names

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

FactsAreUseless posted:

He was a manipulative abuser - and cheating is abuse - who doesn't care about women. He deserves his suffering. I'm glad it happened to him.
Cheating is abuse is a pretty hot take, if I'd made your post there'd be a dozen people screaming at me.

He's absolutely a shithead who deserves all kinds of horrible things, no debate there at all. However, when someone's being abused, I would suggest getting out as fast as is possible for them, not trying out retaliatory abuse

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Ann Whateley is absolutely correct, it was hosed up and not ok.

You are also correct, he totally deserved it.

Two wrongs don't make a right but in this case they do make a gently caress YEA

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Oh come on

If it was their first names then yeah, but who the gently caress honestly cares about their middle names

The fiance, obviously.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

This is a pretty morbid thread if you're not going to delight in retribution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I mean she made sure a) to dump him there with his bags b) to dump him in a city where he has family c) did it in the middle of a vacation. The fact that he managed to get fired is entirely his own fault. The lady was if anything merciful and benevolent in her retribution.

edit:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for dropping off my cheating boyfriend at the other end of the country and leaving him to figure out his way back alone?

My boyfriend and I were together for nearly 6 years. 2 months ago a woman contacted me and confessed that she had sex with my boyfriend multiple times or over a year and felt guilty about it so she confessed. I talked to her and 100% confirmed it. Obviously I was devastated, I felt stupid for not noticing anything for years and honestly revenge was the only thing that fueled me. So over the last month I've hitched a plan: I would propose we take a coast to coast road-trip from California to Maryland and when we get to MD I would take my car, tell him we're over, and ditch him there to figure his way back to Cali.

​I put on a poker face throughout the month and pretended not to know what he's up to. So the day comes, we embark on the road-trip. We're cracking jokes, laughing, but it took all I had not to kick him out in Middle America, after all Maryland was farther away. Finally we reach Maryland and after spending some time eating I tell him to get out of the car. He thinks I'm joking but once I throw out his bags and other stuff he complies. I tell him I know all about what he's been doing and as soon as I say that he tries sprinting to the door but I lock it. I shout "go gently caress yourself" and hit the gas, leaving him on the road.

​It took some time to get back to California but once I do I feel a giant weight off my shoulders. I left him on the road with his phone and about 200$ in cash. He has family in Annapolis so it's not like I left him to die. However yesterday word comes out that he lost his job because he failed to go to work and he's been calling me nonstop cursing me out. gently caress him. All my friends are torn on this. Some are saying he got what he deserved and some are saying that I took it too far. I have me solace knowing he got fired and hosed himself over. He's still with his family in Annapolis and best thing though? I've consulted with a lawyer and he can't do anything about it. I do want a third party's opinion on this though.

Okay I couldn't find any mention of it being specifically vacation time, but they planned going there in advance and she resisted the temptation to dump him somewhere where he has no support.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 04:51 on May 7, 2019