Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

cumshitter posted:

I've had to walk a few kids through getting their custodial account switched to a personal account when they come of age. It's one form that you fill out to update your personal info and probably some PATRIOT act stuff to verify your identity.

It takes 5 minutes to complete and then you just send it to the brokerage.

Lmao at these idiot kids getting cleaned out. Sue the mom, have the courts force her to sell her home, and claw back every penny you can.

It takes some people longer to learn not to trust their insane parent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Yes you are an rear end in a top hat for calling her a slut.

She is weird as gently caress though for continuously bringing up all of her bast sexual situations. Everyone has a past but to keep brining it up especially when it comes to sex stuff is weird.

If only there was some sort of word one could use to describe a person who has so much casual sex that they are unable to not constantly make inappropriate reference to it, as if having sex with strangers was such a constant defining element of their life that all their personal anecdotes concern them hooking up with someone.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

gently caress Your Website posted:

AITA? Did I make a racist joke?
u/Pareogo

Is my black friend like this character who has been black (including in a recent really good movie?) no, he is more like a villain who happens to wear a black suit

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Barudak posted:

Alright Im back, I got my pitchfork, my torch, and I been practicing my audible but indistinct murmering and shouting on the back forty all week.

Flaming torches are out. Alt-right associations. We're going with hurricane lanterns for this mob.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Barudak posted:

Cant wait for the update where this idiot agrees to give her parents hundreds of thousands of dollars for her hand in marriage and then her parents move in with him.

Lmao yesssssss

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for interrupting my roommates while they have sex by blasting the Soviet national anthem?

I have 5 roommates and one of them brings his girlfriend over at least twice a week and they gently caress regardless of whether or not we are home. He does this constantly even during late hours like 3 am on school nights. I normally wouldnt care but his girlfriend moans so loudly. I first talked to him privately about it and he was like "yeah whatever idc, if you can ever find a girl to gently caress you can do it here" and i explained to him that my girlfriend and I don't take sex so casually and we rarely ever do it and when we do its usually in a really romantic setting and he proceeds to call me a fag. He does it again and i asked him nicely to stop and he tells me to stfu. Next night i hear his girlfriend moaning which wake me up at 2 am and i have a test the next morning at 9 am. I tell them to quiet down and they ignore me. i bang on the door and they continue loving. I eventually fall asleep. I decided i needed to find a way to really annoy them back. I get my geek squad friends to let me borrow their really really loud speakers, like small concert speakers. I hook up my phone to it and i blast the soviet union national anthem as soon as i hear them loving. I hear the girlfriend go "yo wtf is that" and eventually i couldn't even hear them moaning. He puts on his underwear and so does his gf, boner visible, and they approach us asking us wtf is going on.

All of my other roommates had my back on this and we just stood there and said we'd blast this music every time they were going to have sex cuz we're sick of this poo poo. They eventually left and the girlfinred was pissed and i think my roommate had blue balls and was pissed too. A few days later they start fuckign and we did the same thing. He's smaller then me so he can't physically threaten me and i have all my other roommates willing to support me as well. His girlfienrd gets pissed and leaves again. His girlfriend comes over and this time i decide to let them start fuckign for a while and i'd blast the anthem as soon as it starts to get good. The girlfriend yells "gently caress you you scumbag chink I'm leaving you and your pathetic virgin roommates" This strained the relationship he had with his girlfriend and he has since never brought her back.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
i'm ok with loving while someone is banging on the door but if someone sings the internationale i'm outta here

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for dropping off my cheating boyfriend at the other end of the country and leaving him to figure out his way back alone?

My boyfriend and I were together for nearly 6 years. 2 months ago a woman contacted me and confessed that she had sex with my boyfriend multiple times or over a year and felt guilty about it so she confessed. I talked to her and 100% confirmed it. Obviously I was devastated, I felt stupid for not noticing anything for years and honestly revenge was the only thing that fueled me. So over the last month I've hitched a plan: I would propose we take a coast to coast road-trip from California to Maryland and when we get to MD I would take my car, tell him we're over, and ditch him there to figure his way back to Cali.

​I put on a poker face throughout the month and pretended not to know what he's up to. So the day comes, we embark on the road-trip. We're cracking jokes, laughing, but it took all I had not to kick him out in Middle America, after all Maryland was farther away. Finally we reach Maryland and after spending some time eating I tell him to get out of the car. He thinks I'm joking but once I throw out his bags and other stuff he complies. I tell him I know all about what he's been doing and as soon as I say that he tries sprinting to the door but I lock it. I shout "go gently caress yourself" and hit the gas, leaving him on the road.

​It took some time to get back to California but once I do I feel a giant weight off my shoulders. I left him on the road with his phone and about 200$ in cash. He has family in Annapolis so it's not like I left him to die. However yesterday word comes out that he lost his job because he failed to go to work and he's been calling me nonstop cursing me out. gently caress him. All my friends are torn on this. Some are saying he got what he deserved and some are saying that I took it too far. I have me solace knowing he got fired and hosed himself over. He's still with his family in Annapolis and best thing though? I've consulted with a lawyer and he can't do anything about it. I do want a third party's opinion on this though.

Petra smiles

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
Nah Pete dropped mic and left, she did a weird month long plan whereby she still had to deal with him for ages and burnt a bunch of petrol.

Edit: the whole thing smacks of effort, man.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

It's psychotic poo poo. We don't even have to speculate about how different it would be received with genders swapped, since not long ago we had a story where a guy ditched his bad date at a local park and people were saying he was vindictive and it was dangerous. This ramps up the scale on all fronts. Only a few pages ago I was saying how it sucks that cheaters face no consequences, but I don't think crazed revenge is the answer either. Indulge that punitive impulse if you like, but recognize it as the same pathetic emotional drive behind honour killing the unfaithful.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for interrupting my roommates while they have sex by blasting the Soviet national anthem?

lmao, but op is also a dweeb

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

ah yes, crazed and psychotic by making sure he's left with his belongings in a city that he has family he can stay with

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.
It's quite hard to coerce 'deliberately planned to and then did abandon my partner on the other-side of the country, out of revenge' into a form that does not include "crazed" or "psychotic", but you guys are trying

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
If you think shes sane then i got some bad news for ya

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Moon Atari posted:

It's psychotic poo poo. We don't even have to speculate about how different it would be received with genders swapped, since not long ago we had a story where a guy ditched his bad date at a local park and people were saying he was vindictive and it was dangerous. This ramps up the scale on all fronts. Only a few pages ago I was saying how it sucks that cheaters face no consequences, but I don't think crazed revenge is the answer either. Indulge that punitive impulse if you like, but recognize it as the same pathetic emotional drive behind honour killing the unfaithful.

Most people thought that the park thing was fine; I think that the people calling her a psychopath and the people saying that leaving someone at the park in the middle of the day is dangerous are the same people. If you have a charged cell phone, money, and presumably a credit card, then you should be able to find your way home without too much trouble. He'd spend a lot more on a plane ticket than the other person would on cab fare, but neither scenario is really that big of a deal.

What OP did was a lot of effort, but you can't accurately describe it as "crazed", not without completely redefining what that word means. She was pissed but kept her composure, literally the opposite of "crazed", and ultimately earned a victory that is both symbolic and cathartic without actually being harmful.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If he got fired for not showing up to work the next day, how the gently caress would he have showed up even if she didn't kick him out

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Spending a month with a lying sack of poo poo so you can get one over on him isn't something I associate with mental stability. Sure, it's wonderful that she didn't bury him in the forest after an extensive test of her knife collection, but spending that much time and effort on your soon to be ex seems self-damaging to me. I'm not saying "The best way to get over someone is to get over someone" and other empty platitudes like that, but staying with someone like that, presumably having sex and faking intimacy for a month, just to get back at them doesn't seem healthy. Just knee him in the balls and sleep with his dad like a normal person.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Baronjutter posted:

Maybe India? They genuinely love Hitler in India.

Really? I would think anyone from India would have been rounded up and sent to the camps. Maybe because he was against the British?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

If he got fired for not showing up to work the next day, how the gently caress would he have showed up even if she didn't kick him out

I don't even see how this is "crazed" or even any kind of effective revenge at all, America's transportation infrastructure sucks but we do have planes and greyhound busses.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I imagine the point was that it felt really satisfying.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

I imagine the point was that it felt really satisfying.

Its the kind of revenge you need to smoke a cigarette afterwards

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

MightyJoe36 posted:

Really? I would think anyone from India would have been rounded up and sent to the camps. Maybe because he was against the British?

In central and east Asia, the whole genocide thing is really downplayed in their curriculum on 20th century Western Europe. They tend to only think of him as a charismatic nationalist leader. Doesn't hurt that reactionary nationalism has a strong political base in countries like India. I mean, just look at Modi.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

MightyJoe36 posted:

Actually that could be a bit of an odd one. Look up where the original actual Aryans came from. But yes, it was actually a thing

In general though, because they were never occupied/threatened/etc by the Nazis themselves, lots of people in Asia kind of have a blind spot to Hitler. Bring up the Japanese, on the other hand...

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Mr. Lobe posted:

In central and east Asia, the whole genocide thing is really downplayed in their curriculum on 20th century Western Europe. They tend to only think of him as a charismatic nationalist leader. Doesn't hurt that reactionary nationalism has a strong political base in countries like India. I mean, just look at Modi.

quote:

Actually that could be a bit of an odd one. Look up where the original actual Aryans came from. But yes, it was actually a thing

In general though, because they were never occupied/threatened/etc by the Nazis themselves, lots of people in Asia kind of have a blind spot to Hitler. Bring up the Japanese, on the other hand...

quote:

Guess you're never too old to learn something new.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

What in the world is this?

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

MightyJoe36 posted:

Guess you're never too old to learn something new.

look up Savitri Devi if you want a fun time

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Hellblazer187 posted:

What in the world is this?

The one where Donald Trump is president of the US

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

Cynic Jester posted:

Spending a month with a lying sack of poo poo so you can get one over on him isn't something I associate with mental stability. Sure, it's wonderful that she didn't bury him in the forest after an extensive test of her knife collection, but spending that much time and effort on your soon to be ex seems self-damaging to me. I'm not saying "The best way to get over someone is to get over someone" and other empty platitudes like that, but staying with someone like that, presumably having sex and faking intimacy for a month, just to get back at them doesn't seem healthy. Just knee him in the balls and sleep with his dad like a normal person.

Yeah, I don't know why everyone is saying she's badass when she just kinda owned herself for a month, pretending to love someone she loving hated.

Like the cheater was getting rewarded for a bit

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

The dumbass was stupid and helpless enough to lose his job. Not sure how that’s a reward.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

I mean before abandoning him.

Like the whole month leading up to it was just like regular relationship, except she hated him at that point, so was forcing herself to be good to him.

It's just... That full month degrading herself, why? Way too long for such a weak payoff

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

She felt devious during it and reaped satisfaction on the follow through. What more do you want? It’s sad that some people just can’t fathom enjoying all of life’s petty pleasures.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for calling my girlfriend a slut?

I have been with my girlfriend for five years. Our years has been up and down in conflict, and we have had our fights over issues.

​Since the start of our relationship, when we went out drinking with friends, we all started playing "Never have I ever". She told everyone about the several times she has slept with different people in different situations. for example, "I poked him on the shoulder, and then we ended up in bed", and "I was heading on a afterparty, but then this guy asked me to join him home, so I did". If you make those examples and add 30 different ones, you have it all (that I know of)

When she first told them a couple of them, It was entertaining, who has not slept with other people when you are close to their thirties, right?

​After the eight story, I felt at an unease, thinking that my girlfriend was sharing too much, and that she was putting herself in a bad light, and that I felt my stomach churn for each new story she told. I took it up with her, that I thought and she said, "its in the past, it does not matter now".

​I do agree with that statement, but it still keeps bothering me that she mentions those stories. When all comes to all, I get the impression that she is unknowingly calling her self cheap, and easy to get to bed.

​I took it up with her today, after she told a entertaining story about peeking on some boys in the shower at high school. When the story finished, she again ended it with, "he was the worst guy that I ever slept with". I again felt my stomach churn because of it and saw it as the final straw, so I confronted her with my reasoning, saying that, she gives the impression of being cheap, and easy, and it makes me feel bad. I hope you can respect me enough to try to contain yourself from saying these stories when I am present, as I don't like to hear them and you are putting yourself, and myself by proxy in bad light.

​She said that she couldn't help herself, and that she blurted these things out sometimes, and that she couldn't guarantee that she did so in the future. I said that it was okay if that happened, but when she did, she could afterwards, say that "I know you feel bad when I am telling these stories." So that it does not bother me so much, and I know she cares about how I feel.

​She would not listen to that suggestion, and I said, that "It is not interesting to hear about your past when you once poked a guy on the shoulder, and that made you go sleep with him afterwards. You were acting like a slut".

She then got furious and angry with me for calling her that, and here I am. Am I in the wrong here?

Lol. Yes, your gf tells you she was creeping on naked people and watching them shower without consent and clearly the problem is that she had sex with one of them later.

QuarkJets posted:

She was pissed but kept her composure, literally the opposite of "crazed", and ultimately earned a victory that is both symbolic and cathartic without actually being harmful.

She faked love and intimacy with the man she hated who betrayed her for a month that could have been spent getting distance and healing. That is hella self harming.

Bag of Hamsters
Jul 12, 2006

Gimme yer frickin pancreas

I needs it for reasons.
Man, I wish I'd done something that awesome to the fuckers who cheated on me.

Someone earlier mentioned how much being cheated on loving sucks and how cheaters don't really face consequences and often come out on top of the situation. It's absolutely true and thus considering this is likely the only consequence he will ever face for being such a lying shithole who put her health in danger (because someone who cheats obviously gets tested rigorously and always wraps up, right?), I am not only okay with it, I would like to throw her a party.

(Regular reminder of the societal imbalance in safety between men and women so flipping the genders isn't always comparable, but as a woman, if you did flip the genders here, I'd still think it was an awesome move.)

And if the spying on high school boys story is correct, slut girlfriend is not a slut - she's a sexual predator. He should leave and feel uncomfortable, but not because she's hosed a lot of people. I wish people hosed more - they might not be so bad at it then.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Dear Prudence and the Legend of the Three Rings

quote:

Q. Diamond: Before my mother died, she had the diamonds on her engagement ring made into three necklaces for her three granddaughters. My niece left hers with her mother before going to college; she is engaged now and wants to turn the necklace back into a ring. My sister lost the necklace. She swears she turned the house upside down looking for it. It’s missing. Now my sister wants my daughter to give up her necklace and pretend it is her daughter’s. The necklace has been appraised at over $1,000.

My daughter is older and gay, and she never wears jewelry. My sister insulted my daughter by saying the necklace was “wasted” on her and it was “highway robbery” for her to pay the full price. She insinuated that our mother wouldn’t want my daughter or me to “ruin” the only wedding any of the grandchildren will have. (Our other niece committed suicide two years ago.) I told her she needed to stop talking before she ruined our relationship, then I hung up. As far as I can tell, my sister hasn’t fessed up yet nor has she contacted my daughter. I haven’t mentioned this situation to anyone and I am afraid of my daughter getting hurt. It was a hard road when she came out and I worry this will make her reject the rest of our family. I am furious at my sister. If she had been apologetic, I know my daughter would just give her the necklace out of the goodness of her heart, but her attitude is awful now. Should I tell my daughter about this?

A: It’s one thing to lose an heirloom someone else left in trust with you, but to demand an heirloom from another relative so you can cover your rear end instead of just saying, “I’m sorry, I lost it, how can I make it up to you?” especially when you clearly consider that relative less important by virtue of being gay and childless … whew. I can see why you’re worried that your daughter would cut off that side of the family if she knew! Your sister, at least, sounds like she’s begging for an estrangement.

I’m of two minds here. Part of me wants to spare your daughter knowledge of her aunt’s indifference and entitlement, if it’s at all possible. In that case, I’d suggest you tell your sister that you’re going to do her the favor of not sharing how cruelly she spoke about your daughter and that you hope she’ll behave better in the future. You’re a better judge than I am of your sister—is she the type of person who’d appreciate the chance to half-acknowledge she behaved badly, then never speak of it again, or would she be likely to throw a fit? If you think the second outcome is more likely, then I think you’re better off warning your daughter in advance, because there’s not much you can do to ensure your sister’s silence and I think your daughter deserves some warning.

In that case, give your daughter the bare bones of what happened: that you stood up for her with your sister, and that you’re ready to offer whatever she needs in support. It may be that your daughter decides to stop speaking with her aunt; frankly, I think that’s the best choice for her.

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

too obvious i guess

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Pirate Radar posted:

Dear Prudence and the Legend of the Three Rings

That aunt sounds like the kind of person who would pawn her daughter’s necklace and turn around to demand someone else’s, while claiming she lost her daughter’s.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

FoolyCharged posted:

She faked love and intimacy with the man she hated who betrayed her for a month that could have been spent getting distance and healing. That is hella self harming.

That's a display of strenght. She overcomes herself and her disgust and owns the dude along with it. That's pretty badass.

For some people nothing less than the blood of your enemies will do.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Technically "not the blood of your enemies", but as close as you can get without committing a couple of felonies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

In game theory there are different kinds of games, and one of them is intended to determine how much you care about fairness. Basically everybody pools together money and it gets divided out by the number of people in the pool regardless of contribution structured so that as long as only one or two people are cheating the system everyone comes out ahead but they come out more ahead. At the end though, a new rule is introduced, players may discard their money to remove money from other players piles. Most people, even those who got scammed by players who contributed less, look at their money and decide having some money is better than no money and forgo punishing the scammers. A small portion of people, however, can't stand this injustice at all and will willingly go flat broke destroying every cent they can of the cheaters' money.

What I'm saying is this woman needs to be trained to have a particular set of skills.