Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

i've beaten final fantasy fourteen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Splash Attack posted:

Not with those desynthesis levels

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Splash Attack posted:

Buy some dark matter and repair your poo poo.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Splash Attack posted:

You're still at least 11 ilvls short

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

The Grimace posted:

So far the only thing Trusts seem to have in common with XI is the system's name. We have no reason to believe that Trusts can be used outside of dungeons (I guarantee they won't) and it seems like for starters they'll only be for ShB dungeons. I imagine they'll gradually add more NPCs and dungeons to the mix, but don't expect to be able to have your own FATE companion party at your beck and call. This is gonna be a real 'test the waters' type of content for the foreseeable future. Hopefully it'll make a reliable way to solo queue for ShB's dungeons.

Being a socially anxious person myself I have no trouble understanding why people would want to solo dungeons. I sometimes skip playing online games just co's I'd rather not interact with people on that particular day. But honestly, this being an mmo, the idea that they are using development time on this instead of the actual mmo game, bugs me a little bit.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

The Grimace posted:

So far the only thing Trusts seem to have in common with XI is the system's name. We have no reason to believe that Trusts can be used outside of dungeons (I guarantee they won't) and it seems like for starters they'll only be for ShB dungeons. I imagine they'll gradually add more NPCs and dungeons to the mix, but don't expect to be able to have your own FATE companion party at your beck and call. This is gonna be a real 'test the waters' type of content for the foreseeable future. Hopefully it'll make a reliable way to solo queue for ShB's dungeons.

Testing the waters for a feature that's been in the game since 4.1?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

My first though was BLM didn't make a ton of sense for dom. Then I realized moving as little as possible and making everyone else deal with it is pretty drat dom.

"Healers adjust."

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Timestamped for pub carnage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0XXJxITexU&t=406s

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 15:16 on May 7, 2019

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i don't really understand this stuff but i feel like warrior should be in a different place

Splash Attack posted:

nice

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Arzachel posted:

Nobody has any idea what the trust poo poo is even going to be and will probably just mean a focus on scripted encounters like in Ghimlyt Dark except we'll probably just get another action bar with a "do the thing" mechanic. Like Noct telling us to warp strike.

If they do anything to the dungeonmans team, I'd figure they raise the cap to 70 and leave it at that.

Givin fucked around with this message at 19:21 on May 7, 2019

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Oxyclean posted:

My first though was BLM didn't make a ton of sense for dom. Then I realized moving as little as possible and making everyone else deal with it is pretty drat dom.

"Healers adjust."

Like, that chart makes me laugh every time I think about it because it does feel so drat accurate in a hilarious way.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Arzachel posted:

I don't expect Trusts to be as customizable as Squadrons are, and for the better. Taking out a lot of the randomness can make them always act logically to area attacks, as we have seen with Noct and the MSQ instances since 4.1. They'll have to work from the ground up with each dungeon to make the NPCs mesh, which is why I only expect them to work with ShB's six new dungeons at first. If and when they get positive feedback from players on the way Trusts work, I'll expect them to be extended into more content.

If Trusts are just Squadrons under a new name, everyone would be disappointed. Squadrons are dumb as poo poo and you have to watch them like an addled babysitter for a long time before they become remotely reliable. Trusts are specifically meant for new dungeons and are supposed to be a legitimate way to experience the story for the first time though, as though you were playing a solo RPG. If Trusts fail on this front, there will be nothing but salt.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

healers will rebel against no 4th healer by exclusively queuing into trust dungeon runs

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Hmm... I sat in the Frontline Roulette queue for about an hour this morning before I had to give up and go to work. Freelancer was enabled. Was I just unlucky or is the PvP queue usually pretty dead in the morning on Primal?

I might have to try finding time at night.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I've really only seen reasonable times on PVP queues during prime time, yeah.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Vitamean posted:

healers will rebel against no 4th healer by exclusively queuing into trust dungeon runs

Good. I'll rebel by selling healer queues.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Do we know if Trust NPCs can fill empty spots, or is it specifically player + 3 trusts?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Good. I'll rebel by selling healer queues.

this was such mad money when HW came out, even with the new healer and tank the dps queues were still bad enough that I was able to make bank for the first couple weeks.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
how do you sell healer queues, just sit somewhere in town and shout?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Impermanent posted:

how do you sell healer queues, just sit somewhere in town and shout?

I'd pop up a PF saying - Selling healer queue for <dungeon name>, 50K gil - or whatever. Has to be local server but always filled up fast.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Countblanc posted:

Do we know if Trust NPCs can fill empty spots, or is it specifically player + 3 trusts?

I imagine the latter.

Trusts and squadrons aren't the same thing. Trusts are initially going to be just for the 5.0 dungeons so I imagine that means they'll have AI programmed for each dungeon. I can see them going back and doing it for MSQ dungeons too, dunno about optional ones though. Squadrons right now use a generic AI that does not anticipate poo poo and that causes issues. Much of it can be more tolerable if you're tank but they do not run out of tells or anything like that.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Countblanc posted:

I think I remember them explicitly saying its only for solo players

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I'd pop up a PF saying - Selling healer queue for <dungeon name>, 50K gil - or whatever. Has to be local server but always filled up fast.

Doesn't even need to be the same server anymore :ssh:

GunblazeGriffin
Jan 27, 2009
To add friends on a different server in the same data center, do I need to form a party and then do something, or can I travel to their world and search for them there?

If we form the party, do we need to actually complete the objective?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Jose Valasquez posted:

Doesn't even need to be the same server anymore :ssh:

Oh yeah that's true. Haven't been playing much since the world visit feature so that slipped my mind.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

GunblazeGriffin posted:

To add friends on a different server in the same data center, do I need to form a party and then do something, or can I travel to their world and search for them there?

If we form the party, do we need to actually complete the objective?

You can just go to their world, do a player search, and right-click -> send friend request.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
Are free transfers over?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

ArtIsResistance posted:

Are free transfers over?

They end at 8 PM PDT. You got less than an hour, make haste.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

DizzyBum posted:

Hmm... I sat in the Frontline Roulette queue for about an hour this morning before I had to give up and go to work. Freelancer was enabled. Was I just unlucky or is the PvP queue usually pretty dead in the morning on Primal?

I might have to try finding time at night.

Evenings are usually your best bet. Can't say what it's like on Primal, but Gilgamesh is back down to sub-5 minute queues nearly every night now.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Can I get some advice on playing Scholar, please? I'm trying to level it to 70 and I've been having some problems both with mana supply and with how much I have to heal. I'm not great at predicting when players need Galvanize up, and keeping it up on the tank seems to chew through my MP a lot.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Solitair posted:

Can I get some advice on playing Scholar, please? I'm trying to level it to 70 and I've been having some problems both with mana supply and with how much I have to heal. I'm not great at predicting when players need Galvanize up, and keeping it up on the tank seems to chew through my MP a lot.

What's your current level? Every healer struggles to a certain extent with the 41-50 bump, and a lot of Heavensward leveling content gets speedrun by synced tanks, which can end up chewing through your mana if you're undergeared compared to the dungeon's ilvl.

Scholar, in general, wants to limit their personal healing output as much as possible. Galvanize should be used before a pull, and then only used if the tank is in danger of dying and your faerie needs time to catch up. Pre-50, always have Eos out and set to Obey. Alternate between Whispering Dawn, Rouse, and Fey Illumination from pull to pull to put out additional healing on the tank. Ideally, you should manually control her to be in a good position to heal the tank/hit him with Whispering Dawn, but you can also just run up alongside the tank as they pull if you'd prefer to avoid the hassle. Using Physick is fine pre-50 if you need to keep up with healing. Post-50, use Lustrate to top up the tank when needed and Indomitability when your group takes damage that needs to be healed immediately (instead of over time with Whispering Dawn).

Whenever the tank doesn't require immediate healing, you should be DPSing. Especially in lower level content, a good Scholar can pump out DPS well within 80-90% of what good DPS are doing. The faster that things die, the easier it is for your faerie to keep pace with healing, and the less mana you need to spend on hideously expensive Adloquiums.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

holy poo poo Zenos is fuckin T H I C C

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

S.J. posted:

The correct term is Dummy Thicc

NBA FAN !!!!!!!
Dec 4, 2002

S.J. posted:

Hoary Boulder is actually the canon thirst trap character tyvm

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

My machinist is now a sky pirate.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

NBA FAN !!!!!!! posted:

Hoary Boulder is actually the canon thirst trap character tyvm

i cannot get over that chick who just wants the boulder bros to gently caress the poo poo out of her

ImpAtom posted:

The correct term is Dummy Thicc

wrong, there is a zero percent chance his rear end cheeks are accidentally clapping. they are sculpted steel

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

S.J. posted:

i cannot get over that chick who just wants the boulder bros to gently caress the poo poo out of her

wrong, there is a zero percent chance his rear end cheeks are accidentally clapping. they are sculpted steel

Have you heard his walking sounds? You can hear him coming a mile off.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

working on my home playlist

looking for a song to replace exponential entropy. i like that song but it doesn’t really fit my current chill theme. was leaning amdapor city hard theme but that shits 2 million on the MB. i also kinda liked poison ivy but that song gets a bit strange after a bit

really wish lunacy had an orchestrion roll

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Kaubocks posted:

working on my home playlist

looking for a song to replace exponential entropy. i like that song but it doesn’t really fit my current chill theme. was leaning amdapor city hard theme but that shits 2 million on the MB. i also kinda liked poison ivy but that song gets a bit strange after a bit

really wish lunacy had an orchestrion roll

Fleeting Rays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

My new dungeon queue time-waster: having fake conversations with Midgardsomr using emotes