Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I need to do a rewatch soon; I remember bits and pieces here and there, but the only thing I can specifically recall is that by the end of season 3, I felt that Hearst was a goddamned dangerous fuckhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope
Almost through the first season on my rewatch. So good!

thepokey posted:

EB: Be brief
Jane: Be hosed!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Gabriel's trumpet will produce you from the rear end of a pig, EB.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

quote:

Shaughnessy: "I'll not have vile affections, or uncleaness, on these premises. Find my specific meaning at Romans 1:24-6."

Calamity Jane: [drawing over Shaughnessy's biblical quote placard] "gently caress yourself, with a fist-punch up your rear end, today at the present moment!" [punches Shaughnessy in the gut]

My favorite Jane quote - well the top one of many

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
god drat, jane owned

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm frankly shocked that Jane's actor didn't go on to star in her own show or get big in movies. I never see her anywhere apart from like one episode of Lost.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
sadly, she showed up on Sons of Anarchy a few times and didn't get to do much.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

LividLiquid posted:

I'm frankly shocked that Jane's actor didn't go on to star in her own show or get big in movies. I never see her anywhere apart from like one episode of Lost.

The Hoopleheads out in the loving world don't appreciate good acting.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Astroman posted:

The Hoopleheads out in the loving world don't appreciate good acting.

I mean yes Kings should have gotten three more seasons at least.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I mean yes Kings should have gotten three more seasons at least.

Kings was so good. Wrong place, wrong time.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Kings was doomed when they hired a slab of white dough as the lead star.

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

Keyser_Soze posted:

sadly, she showed up on Sons of Anarchy

Fixed this for you, and it also goes for a lot of the extended cast. At least they could always land a guest spot on Justified instead.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST posted:

Fixed this for you, and it also goes for a lot of the extended cast. At least they could always land a guest spot on Justified instead.

McShane not showing up on Justified was the saddest thing in the world.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Farrier Theaks posted:

McShane not showing up on Justified was the saddest thing in the world.

I'm sure it was justified *winks into camera*

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Ian McShane's talents have been wasted most of his career. Remember his one episode of Game Of Thrones? Him trying his best to make American Gods watchable? That pirates movie? It goes on and on. At least the John Wick series is pretty good.

I'm thankful that Deadwood exists for many reasons but letting McShane shine in something that is actually quality is definitely among the top of them.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Ian McShane's talents have been wasted most of his career. Remember his one episode of Game Of Thrones? Him trying his best to make American Gods watchable? That pirates movie? It goes on and on. At least the John Wick series is pretty good.

I'm thankful that Deadwood exists for many reasons but letting McShane shine in something that is actually quality is definitely among the top of them.

Yeah, you're right. Except for Kings I can't think of anything even relatively recent (besides John Wick) where he gets a chance to chew the scenery like a hog. Pillars of the Earth, maybe.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Hot Rod is truly Ian McShane's shining moment following Deadwood, it's a scientific fact.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You can watch Ian McShane have a lot of fun as a mob boss on Sexy Beast.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Mu Zeta posted:

You can watch Ian McShane have a lot of fun as a mob boss on Sexy Beast.

Beaten. Sexy Beast has some excellent McShane. Also the most scary Ben Kingsley.

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax
Is there any other legal streaming way to rewatch the show besides HBO Go?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
At least some of it is on Prime

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The day they take Deadwood, Rome and The Wire off of Prime is the day I stop paying for prime

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Tehran 1979 posted:

Deadwood is also free on Prime, if you have it. Otherwise, maybe you’re lucky enough to still have a mom & pop rental store in your town...
:shrug:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Deadwood is also free on Prime, if you have it. Otherwise, maybe you’re lucky enough to still have a mom & pop rental store in your town...
:shrug:

WTF since when? I feel like I just looked a while ago.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Tehran 1979 posted:

HBO Now might be what you want. Go is the service you can only use if you have HBO as part of your cable package. Now is the stand alone $15/mo HBO streaming service. Another option is to add HBO as a channel to your Hulu subscription. Or as others have said it's all on Amazon Prime.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Cojawfee posted:

WTF since when? I feel like I just looked a while ago.

Anything HBO has that is more than ~4 years old automagically goes to Prime. :eng101:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they really hosed up not making mcshane euron greyjoy on got.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

They really hosed up not shipping me my boxset of Deadwood yet goddammit :argh:

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Jerusalem posted:

They really hosed up not shipping me my boxset of Deadwood yet goddammit :argh:

If it doesn’t come in a miniature rough-cut wood coffin it’s a travesty.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Nah it should come in the Chief's box.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

It only just dawned on me upon rewatch that McCall and Walcott are the same actor. I feel like an idiot.

Safety Mole
May 6, 2019

The Bullock house. loving sheriff. Insane loving person.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Dazerbeams posted:

It only just dawned on me upon rewatch that McCall and Walcott are the same actor. I feel like an idiot.

Same actor also played 3 characters on Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Safety Mole posted:

The Bullock house. loving sheriff. Insane loving person.

No no...all of the sherriff loving happened in the hotel. :heysexy:

Astroman posted:

Same actor also played 3 characters on Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles.

He was also in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford and was sooooo goooooooooooood. :3:

I almost watched another season of Fear the Walk Dead just to see what his character would get up to...

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dazerbeams posted:

goon faceblindness strikes again.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Walcott was insanely familiar to me the moment he came on screen but I didn’t recognize him in anything else he’s been in, because I’ve only known him from Deadwood.

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

He was also in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford and was sooooo goooooooooooood. :3:

He's also in Justified.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Groovelord Neato posted:

goon faceblindness strikes again.

To be fair he disappears into Jack McCall pretty drat well. He at least looks normal as Wolcott.

ChairmanGoesWoof
Jul 12, 2016

BossTweed posted:

He's also in Justified.

And he had a recurring role as a Russian mobster in the short lived detective series 'Life'. Along with about a bus load of other actors who were in Deadwood, Justified, or both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ChairmanGoesWoof posted:

And he had a recurring role as a Russian mobster in the short lived detective series 'Life'. Along with about a bus load of other actors who were in Deadwood, Justified, or both.

Is that the one with Damien Lewis, and that godawful Prince of Persia episode?