Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Just end it and stop the bleeding. I'm dying. I can barely move. If it weren't for Jon's send off for the dead in the last episode....or Tyrion's plea to Cersei....this last season would be.....just bad.

https://twitter.com/InternetHippo/status/1125228263633190912

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009

I feel like the concept for this is backwards. It should start with a detailed head and finish in a dickbutt spewing scribbly lines of poo poo everywhere.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Crow Jane posted:

Apparently Iwan Rheon was in the running to play Jon Snow. I'm super curious how that would've gone

Probably a lot better. Casting Kit Harrington over him seems like a pretty big mistake.

Kit does capture the dopey idiocy of book Jon Snow in a way that Iwan Rheon probably couldn't, but it probably would have been better if TV Jon Snow just wasn't a dope like the books.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Tei posted:

Shes a genocide, se is more than capable to do this. But I don't think she believe was necessary when the easy way out is something else and breaking traditions, norms and culture tabbos in the open like that would have created a lot of trouble for himself that she don't need to deal with by killing Dany in a more customary way.

The serie is stupid, and the way they filmed this create these natural doubts.

She blew up a church. Every one who has ever been around Cersei in the show distrusts her ability to rule because she disdains the politics of alliances and proper behavior and tradition in favor of just brute forcing everyone around her into submission, regardless of the consequences. Tywin said it, Kevan said it, Varys said it, etc. She blew up a loving church. You could argue that maybe she feels so overwhelmingly ahead that she could afford to spare her enemies and her hated little brother while she had them all within arrow range just for the satisifaction of executing them later, but that's not consistent with her character.

She could have and should have murdered them all, dragon included, and then marched her army to Winterfell to finish the job and salt the earth when she was done.

That Italian Guy posted:

Cersei has whatever's left of the Lannisters army, 2k Gold Cloaks, the Iron Fleet and the Tyrell's army (which is so small Highgarden can be taken in a day)...so what exactly was her plan if the undead were not showing up? The show doesn't really seem to acknowledge the disparity in forces the two factions have. I can see Cersei clinging to the throne for dear life, but maybe they should have played the "we are absolutely hosed" angle a bit more. By the time they are negotiating in S7, it feels like they are shown to have a very similar force, with the "good" guys having a slight advantage. Instead, it's more like a 10-to-1 numerical advantage, with a smaller fleet but 3 dragons.

This is part of the reason the last two seasons have had to dumb down literally every significant character. There was no reason for Dany to not zerg rush King's Landing as soon as she hit Westeros.

That Italian Guy posted:

By the way, has anyone mentioned how in the tense "it's a frontal assault with thousands of civilian casualties unless she surrenders" strategy discussion scene, no one mentions the fact that they have access to a super ninja assassin, who has Cersei on her kill list and is familiar with King's Landing and the the Red Keep? With all the potential character development of having to put someone you care about in danger or having to resort to assassination to get what you want - maybe even discarding it as the go to plan because of that?

And that they could ask Bran about any potential surprise their enemies have prepared for them like, I don't know, them having built a massive anti air defense or planning to ambush their fleet on their way to Dragonstone?

The explanation is "don't think about it".

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Raccooon posted:

What was the plan to deal with the Dothraki after they won? Probably a bad idea to let them hang out in westeros after taking power.
ship them back to essos and conquer that continent too, what else

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Drunk in Space posted:

I feel like the concept for this is backwards. It should start with a detailed head and finish in a dickbutt spewing scribbly lines of poo poo everywhere.

I have another visual representation - every row is a different season! Can you recognize them all?
https://i.imgur.com/g6m4G2x.mp4

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
I bet Mads Mikkelsen would have made a great Jon Snow.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I try not to get worked up about dumb stuff in my dragon telly show (which I still enjoy watching, faults and all) but I was bonafide mad at how doing sex 1 time turned grown adult warrior woman Brienne of Tarth into a weepy stage 5 clinger. Absolute and unrelenting LMAO

Just undo her ENTIRE character which has been consistent for her entire arc behind one night with Jaime Lannister. He must be great in bed

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

emilia clarke is a bad actress but i've never looked up the actress that played daenerys in the pilot to see if she's any better. i think she was on the tudors.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
I bet Mads Mikkelsen would have made a great Daenerys Targaryen.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Just recast Mads Mikkelson for every role

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
no one knows arya is an assassin, because no one has asked where she went for several years, what she got up to, how she's doing, or how she ended up killing the night king. sansa knows arya has a bag of faces but just shrugged about it

heck as far as i'm concerned arya doesnt know jon is a targ since they refuse to loving show anything with her character interacting with anyone but the hound/gendry, ever

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Crow Jane posted:

Just recast Mads Mikkelson for every role

Suddenly the Littlefinger sexposition scene in season 1 is a lot more interesting.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Which, let me remind you all, was in fact a thing that happened.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I sorta liked Ros

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Wamsutta posted:

I try not to get worked up about dumb stuff in my dragon telly show (which I still enjoy watching, faults and all) but I was bonafide mad at how doing sex 1 time turned grown adult warrior woman Brienne of Tarth into a weepy stage 5 clinger. Absolute and unrelenting LMAO

Just undo her ENTIRE character which has been consistent for her entire arc behind one night with Jaime Lannister. He must be great in bed

Uh she has always been a clinger to anyone who shows her kindness

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Crow Jane posted:

I sorta liked Ros

she was the most attractive cast member. gently caress joffrey.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

S8 goons: "This show is so trash now"

S2 goons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P38EG97zlOg

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Fart Amplifier posted:

Uh she has always been a clinger to anyone who shows her kindness

Granted, yes, but this felt like a wild and comical exaggeration of that trait. Idk, it bugged me

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Nukes to Saudi A! posted:

Ep 5 Cersei kills danys whole army, jon, tyrion, the whole lot.

Ep 6 arya assassinates cersei meaning sansa, as Joffrey's ex wife, wins the game of thrones

Sansa was married to Tyrion not Joffrey

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

WampaLord posted:

S8 goons: "This show is so trash now"

S2 goons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P38EG97zlOg

i always dreaded when the show would cut to essos even in the good seasons.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Wamsutta posted:

Granted, yes, but this felt like a wild and comical exaggeration of that trait. Idk, it bugged me

Honestly I think part of it is that she also sees how far Jaime has come and she believes him to be a good and honorable man, and now thinks he's throwing it all away to go be with his dreadful sister. I don't think it's as simple as "I'm devastated because I'm losing that good dick"

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Groovelord Neato posted:

i always dreaded when the show would cut to essos even in the good seasons.

I remember people liking the Spice King for being over the top

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

That Italian Guy posted:

Eh, I would say show Cersei could swing both ways, but at this point this is definitely in a "gray area" of bad writing

Yeah that's a good way of putting it.

There isn't one specific, clear reason why Cersei would 100% never kill Tyrion under those circumstances, but it's not an impossible scene either.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

The Essos stuff would've been 100% better with Strong Belwas, imo.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

That Italian Guy posted:

The writing has been bad for a while, but I haven't really turned on the show until s8e3; I always had the hope the good would outshine the bad in the end, even if the whole Dornish saga and the way the handled Arya's Eastern Trip has been abysmal.

Yeah agreed. Up til now it's felt like most of the writing sins were about trying to unreasonably compress the plot with convenient events, but these last two episodes have really seen the wheels come off the whole thing. George has his (large) faults but it felt like he was writing a chess game and then he handed it over to some checkers players.

But no worries I am sure he will finish those books any day now!

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

DrNutt posted:

Honestly I think part of it is that she also sees how far Jaime has come and she believes him to be a good and honorable man, and now thinks he's throwing it all away to go be with his dreadful sister. I don't think it's as simple as "I'm devastated because I'm losing that good dick"

I read it as she knows he is going to die going south and that is why she is crying.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1125675398749196288?s=21

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Probably been said before, but I was just thinking about this clip and how the last episode will probably be massively disappointing and have people rage-cancelling HBO en masse

Night King wins in the end

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Canceling HBO before the Deadwood movie would be a mistake, imo

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Came for the Game of Thrones, stayed for the Barry.

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Crow Jane posted:

Canceling HBO before the Deadwood movie would be a mistake, imo

I've been rewatching for the movie and it is good as hell.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Guze posted:

I've been rewatching for the movie and it is good as hell.

Best onscreen cussing ever

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

:perfect:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wamsutta posted:

People keep saying this and I just assumed she was crying because she knew her friend was going off to die and not coming back

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

PantsBandit posted:

Came for the Game of Thrones, stayed for the Barry.

He'd screw his own sister for a slice of cheese.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Brienne should have gone with him so they can pair up and fight

Vehementi
Jul 25, 2003

YOSPOS

RBA Starblade posted:

People keep saying this and I just assumed she was crying because she knew her friend was going off to die and not coming back

Yeah I don't know why we're copy/pasting the "level 5 clinger" joke phrase over and over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

In order to be a strong character you can never show any emotion ever, it is known.