Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
ughhh!! it was so long ago! why hasn't she just gotten over her trauma yet???? she's a woman, she should be happy to have kids in her home!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
There should be a service that connects the men with small dicks and the couples who want mfm threesomes

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

CheesyDog posted:

There should be a service that connects the men with small dicks and the couples who want mfm threesomes

Small Bulls, for when your husband feels bad and you want to make him feel better.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Hughlander posted:

A tale as old as threesomes.....

Had a threesome with wife and a male friend; he has a very large penis and this was the first time she has experienced one. I am now extremely insecure because of how much she moaned while he was inside her.

Just start the divorce now, this is never getting out of your head, just like she'll never get his out of hers.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
AITA for not putting my partner’s child’s ‘’needs’’ before my own?

quote:

I had a really long and detailed story already written out, but I accidentally deleted it, so here’s a shorter version. If there’s any bad formatting I apologise, I’m writing this on my phone and English isn’t my first language.

Also, I’m using throwaway for obvious reasons. It’s been a wild ride, those past two years. I’ve met the love of my life in 2016, wasn’t thrilled about him having a kid with his previous partner, but went along with it cause he claimed they got along nicely and even witnessed a few phone calls that confirmed that. We moved in together rather quickly, but decided it would be best to wait for me to meet the little guy, so on their days together I stayed at my parents house.

After 10 months, the day we should meet came and went, as I waited in the house for my partner and his son to arrive with snacks, video games and whatnot, but instead he came home alone, crushed and disappointed. He explained what happened when he went to pick the little one up from his ex’s house and I finally got her number. She was a manipulative bitch, who got along with her ex as long as he was single and alone. Once he let her know he’s dating again (which I thought he already did do) she went insane. She would stalk them when they were together on their rare days, only to make sure I’m not around. She even looked for my car around town, so she would be 100%.

I caved through all sorts of drama. I found out his young, healthy ex haven’t worked in 7 years and he pays more than 2000€ a month for all sorts of stuff for them, but she keeps buying expensive things for HERSELF all the while turning their child against his own dad who loves him so much, he won’t take any legal actions for his sake.

Yesterday I finally snapped . My travel agent called to ask about some sort of refund. We bought plane tickets to Australia 6 months prior, and we were looking forward to it all year. I got into my car and sped to the travel agency. They let me know what my amazing boyfriend did. He cancelled our tickets and bought his ex and child plane tickets to LA (we live in southern europe) to go see Disneyland instead. He also paid for hotel, car rent and tours reservations. I broke down right there and then. I feel sick to my stomach. Not only he did that, but that was my money too. That was the first time I yelled at my partner. He offered to give me back my share of money and ask me to be reasonable. His ex just bought a new car even though the old one (Audi Q3 not even 5 years old) was working fine, so she couldn’t afford to take her own kid to vacation.

Today I told him to choose between seeking some legal actions against his crazy ex, or I’m leaving. So now I’m the cruel one because I apparently don’t love his child and won’t put ‘his needs’ first.

I’m shaking as I’m writing this out. PLEASE REDDIT! Am i the rear end in a top hat!?

Who uses a travel agent?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

Who uses a travel agent?

People in Europe?

AAA can help plan some weirder trips and really help I’ll say that much.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

...Why would you do an MFM threesome if you are already self conscious about having a small wiener? It seems like the dumbest possible thing. And with your WIFE. Not some one night stand situation. Not a new girlfriend.

I know, let me take my biggest insecurity about an immutable characteristic and just smash it haphazardly into the most significant personal relationship of my life.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Hellblazer187 posted:

...Why would you do an MFM threesome if you are already self conscious about having a small wiener? It seems like the dumbest possible thing. And with your WIFE. Not some one night stand situation. Not a new girlfriend.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cynic Jester posted:

Small Bulls, for when your husband feels bad and you want to make him feel better.

Incorporate the smartphone measuring apps somehow and we have a business plan!

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Girlfriend (21f) plays down holocaust, dismisses story of my (22f) grandmother's survival of Auschwitz. I'm very hurt and confused right now.
I'm usually a Reddit lurker, don't talk unless I have something to say but I wanted to turn to some anonymous help, anyone else I could turn to knows her and I don't want to start drama or involve friend and family in it.

My girlfriend and I have been together for almost a year. Long enough that we've grown very close, I'd say I love her. I'm from the UK and she's an American student who's come over. We have had differences mainly in our politics. She's always been a lot more right wing than just about anyone I've met. She supports Trump, doesn't care about LGBT rights abroad (when we're a lesbian couple) and supports Russia against Ukraine and the EU for just a couple things (which has led to a ton of bickering between us). In spite of all this, things have been great. Her support has gotten me through a tough time mentally, she's helped me with a lot of loneliness and we share a lot of passions and hobbies together.

What happened recently though really took me by surprise and frankly shook me.

I'm from a part ethnically Jewish background. A few generations back my family were caught in the events in Europe in the 40s. My (great) grandmother was in the French resistance, was sent to Auschwitz and barely survived. Unfortunately I only learned of this after she died as she never liked to talk about it but I've greatly admired her since.

In a 'lively' debate with my girlfriend over politics she drew comparison with factions I support and the Nazis (I thought people who send explicit rape threats online should be subject to prosecution if they cause distress if anyone cares). I was quite angry at the comparison, pointing out my background and how charged it was. I said the holocaust was arguably the most evil act in history and she should be less liberal with such comparisons.

She then told me the holocaust "wasn't that bad" and that Stalinist crimes were worse. When pressed more came out. That most people at concentration camps died because Germany was suffering and couldn't provide for its prisoners. That the only reason we hear so much about the holocaust compared with other atrocities is because the Jewish control of Western media.

At this point, I'm scared. Like I said, she's further right than most people I've met but this is several steps beyond what I've heard before. This is outright holocaust denial and neo-nazi rhetoric.

I tried and tell her a little bit about my Grandmother's story but she wasn't having it. She then said that people lied for attention because of a culture of victimhood so they exaggerated the camp's horrors. Now I'd had enough.

So I'm here wondering if there's any future in this. Lots of her talk we've had before now feels more sinister ("let the kkk march, it doesn't hurt anyone and it's free speech" etc). I've never been able to firmly pin her down politically since she also condemns the likes of Bolsonaro but she also initially told me she was a Sanders Democrat when we first began talking (which she later described as 'trolling' and apologised) so I can't tell what's the truth.

I guess I want opinions of strangers, people without ties to any of this. Is this a chronic poison for a relationship? She's told me that her beliefs are pretty mainstream in the US and a lot of this is cultural differences, American redditors what do you think?

I'm just very confused right now and would appreciate some outside views.

Edit: response is about what I expected, if a little strong towards me for dating her in the first place but maybe that's what I needed. She managed to convince me for a while that I was being unreasonable and put a lot of doubts in my head on what's mainstream what isn't beyond my immediate circle of friends and family. I will say that we both have cared deeply for each other for some time and that makes it harder for me than a lot of people would appreciate to just let it go and drop her just like that.

But yeah, no person capable of empathy would treat me the way she has let alone the vile deeper implications of her beliefs. I'll be ending it.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for submitting evidence against a cousin for a sensitive crime?

My cousin (52yo m) is currently awaiting trial for a serious crime that involved a child. I accidentally stumbled across his arrest 2 years ago while I was searching for his son’s mugshot to show a friend how stupid he looked. His son is a jr, so when I searched for his name, my cousin’s mug shot popped up and I saw what his charges were. Months went by and I kept following his case. He was lying to our entire family. At first he told everyone (most of his family and my extended family is in another country) he was dating a 17 year old and her parents were upset, then when people found out the child in question was actually his step-grandchild so he switched his story and told people his wife set him up because she found out he was cheating on her. I’ve known his wife my entire life. As far as I can remember she knew he was cheating on her and just lived with it. She’s also not the type of person to do something like that, plus I really doubt the little girls mom would put her daughter through that. There’s also medical evidence of what he did.

A few months ago he requested permission to leave the country because his mother died. The judge granted his travel request. The problem with that is that his mom is NOT dead and he actually traveled for a birthday party. Someone that attended the party posted pictures of him with his mother at the party. So I contacted the prosecutor handling his case and gave her that info along with the screen shots. As a parent, woman, and human I could never forgive myself if that man walks free. His family has defended him blindly this entire time but none of them actually know what’s going on with his case. So the prosecutor filed a motion to hold his bond insufficient, they issued a warrant for his arrest again to hold him in jail until his trial. I was named in all the court documents because I didn’t provide the information anonymously, otherwise the judge would have thrown it out. Now my entire family found out I provided the pictures of him at a party with his mother to the prosecutor and my mom got really mad at me. She said it was none of my business and I should have stayed out of it.

Am I the rear end in a top hat for wanting justice served here even though that is my cousin?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
I'm not much of a proponent of radical violence, but he should Zhukov her out of his life.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

MarcusSA posted:

People in Europe?

AAA can help plan some weirder trips and really help I’ll say that much.

What's a weirder trip?

Posting for food reasons:

AITA for not wanting to make my brother food?

quote:

I live in a kibbutz ( which is a like a village but it doesn’t really matter) which is next to a city, and sometimes my parents go to the city to do shopping in there. Every time they go It’s me(15m) and my brother(9-10 m) alone in the house until they come back. Usually they arrive at 9-10 pm, so dinner is before they arrive. Now my brother has a meal that he likes to eat which is called “googl moogle” which is yogurt with dry fruits and cinnamon, he likes it very much and he eats it almost every dinner. Now every time it’s me and him alone he wants me to make him that, even though I tell him every time that I won’t make it because he can do it alone because a. It’s not hard to make it and b. He knows how to make it because he sees mom make it every day... he also never wants to eat other things and I tell him that he can eat other things but no, he insists on eating the googl moggl. So, am I the rear end in a top hat?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

What's a weirder trip?

Stuff like going to Africa to climb Mt Kilimanjaro come to mind. I was doing some research on it and you can do it your self but there are like no companies in the US that deal with it so it can be a pain to book.

AAA will do it for you and make it a much smoother process. It might cost you a little more but they take a lot of the headache out of it.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Pirate Radar posted:

giving bad references to your thieving nephew

not 100% sure but im pretty sure thats illegal in the us. when ever someone lists me as a reference i am only allowed to say yes they worked for me and thats it. It is company policy for that but other employers ive called about references do the same thing so i assume there is a legal reason.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Power Khan posted:

I'm not much of a proponent of radical violence, but he should Zhukov her out of his life.

Are you talking about the lesbian woman with the nazi sympathizing girlfriend?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

What's a weirder trip?

Posting for food reasons:

AITA for not wanting to make my brother food?

How old is this brother? Like if you offer other food then NTA anyway but if he's 15 I have concerns around the fact that you are making him food at all.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Dazerbeams posted:

She felt devious during it and reaped satisfaction on the follow through. What more do you want? It’s sad that some people just can’t fathom enjoying all of life’s petty pleasures.

"You guuuuuuuuuuys, schadenfreude is wroooooong!" -me, pg 4550 of the /r/relationships thread

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

snergle posted:

not 100% sure but im pretty sure thats illegal in the us. when ever someone lists me as a reference i am only allowed to say yes they worked for me and thats it. It is company policy for that but other employers ive called about references do the same thing so i assume there is a legal reason.

No, it's because companies don't want to be dragged into litigation and don't want you saying anything that could be slanderous. If you tell the truth or give your opinion and don't tell any lies, it's legal. But people are litigious and will sue over legal conduct.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Hellblazer187 posted:

let me take my biggest insecurity about an immutable characteristic and just smash it haphazardly into the most significant personal relationship of my life.

Hahaha, how many posts fall into this category though

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Beachcomber posted:

Who uses a travel agent?

going to disneyland is not oneof a childs needs so tell him gently caress you and leave, but get your money first

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Hughlander posted:

Well gently caress this. Bestman who cheated on Maid of Honor is going viral. And she posted an update

Is it possible for a cheater to change? I (27f) found out my ex-fiancé (28m) had been seeing call girls for about a year. I'm devastated but he is literally broken after I found out. I am finding myself sympathetic to him.

Stay strong! Give into your hate!

Anti-pete! Weak!

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

snergle posted:

The reason for those company policies is covering their rear end against defamation suits, not that you can't say bad things. If you let your managers say bad things about people they fired you may end up with a manager who embellishes things or who uses particularly strong language. Also even a defendable lawsuit is still a waste of time and money so why bother taking the risk of letting your employees give a negative reference. You have nothing to gain as a company by giving a bad reference vs no reference so why take even a tiny risk?

therobit posted:

How old is this brother? Like if you offer other food then NTA anyway but if he's 15 I have concerns around the fact that you are making him food at all.
OP is 15, brother is 9.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

The reason for those company policies is covering their rear end against defamation suits, not that you can't say bad things. If you let your managers say bad things about people they fired you may end up with a manager who embellishes things or who uses particularly strong language. Also even a defendable lawsuit is still a waste of time and money so why bother taking the risk of letting your employees give a negative reference. You have nothing to gain as a company by giving a bad reference vs no reference so why take even a tiny risk?

OP is 15, brother is 9.

Besides you can always give a negative reference in the subtext. "So what would you say Xs strengths were?"

X was employed between Jul 2008 and August 2018 as a Senior Software Engineer.

"How can X best thrive in an environment?"

"Would you hire X again?"

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

snergle posted:

It's not illegal at all.

It just opens you/the business up to libel and other civil claims, which is why almost every reasonable company has a policy about only confirming dates of employment.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

therobit posted:

Are you talking about the lesbian woman with the nazi sympathizing girlfriend?

Sry, yes, that one.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

datajugend posted:

going to disneyland is not oneof a childs needs so tell him gently caress you and leave, but get your money first

More importantly, the gently caress is he paying his exploitive ex for? If he had the money for a trip for 2....
Why not go himself and bond with his son? Especially since his gf could be brought along if she was open to the idea.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

It's weird to me that some people need help with some of these. Help, I'm Jewish and my girlfriend is a Nazi, what should I do?

Also, just to weigh in on a slightly older one, yes the woman who got fingerpoked in the butt by a child is right to be mad and right to ban the child from the house, and if husband disagrees he's a huge rear end in a top hat and shouldn't get to have a wife. The house is a space you share. Either party should have absolute veto power over any particular guest for any reason.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Motronic posted:

It's not illegal at all.

It just opens you/the business up to libel and other civil claims, which is why almost every reasonable company has a policy about only confirming dates of employment.

And final salary, in my experience.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I mean, I agree in general that threesomes are dumb in real relationships. But it just seems extra dumb in this guy's case. Like how do you not see this outcome?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Guess the search term.

My [56 F] daughter [28 F] and I got into a huge fight over how I manage my household. She thinks I am a delusional artist who needs to act my age, I think she's being completely unreasonable. Non-Romantic
submitted 4 years ago by throwawayfornothing1

quote:

Hello Reddit! I made a throwaway for this since my son was the one who introduced me to this website and he might stumble upon this. This is my first post so please forgive me if this is lengthy.

My husband [58 M] and I own a large home in a rural neighborhood. We have lived here for over 20 years, ever since the kids were in elementary school. We have four children, our daughter Marissa [30 F], our daughter Sarah [28 F], our son Richard [25 M], and our son David [21 M]. Our youngest daughter, Sarah [28 F] and her husband [Billy, 30 M] moved back in with us when she found out she was pregnant with our first grandchild (2 months old now).

Our youngest son, David (the 21 year old), moved out of the house a few months ago when he was accepted into the military. I love my children with all my heart, but I was very happy to have the house all to myself for the first time. I am an art professor and can be rather eccentric. I was looking forward to being able to express my creativity outside of my studio for the first time since I had children. My subject matter is usually fantasy, featuring princesses, dragons, and fairy tale elements.

A few months after David moved out, Sarah announced that she was pregnant and needed to move back in with us until she and Billy could save enough money to buy their own home. The plan was for them to put their rental money into a savings account until they had enough for a down payment on a cheap (but decent) home. In exchange for the free rent, Sarah agreed to take care of the household chores and grocery shopping. We have a guest wing addition to our house and my husband and I agreed to allow them to live in the guest wing so that we could each have our own space, and also because it is the only child-proofed area of the house. Everything was fine until Sarah gave birth to our granddaughter and since then we have been getting into constant disagreements.

The fight happened over last night's dinner when our kids came over to eat with us. All of our kids were present except David. Marissa made a comment about the mural I am putting up in the foyer and how nice it was coming along. Sarah started making quiet scoffing noises but I did my best to ignore her. Then Marissa and I started talking about my other art pieces and the scoffing noises got louder. I asked Sarah if she had a comment to make and she made some excuse about tending to the baby and she left the room.

While cleaning up, Marissa and I overheard Sarah talking to Richard and Billy about me. Sarah was saying that I am too immature, that I leave messes everywhere, that I'm a delusional artist. Billy then said that he liked my art and Sarah started going from painting to painting, pointing out my subject matter and criticizing it. Richard then left the room to come into the kitchen with Marissa and I and he rolled his eyes (in Sarah's direction) when he saw that we had been listening. We decided to give Sarah some time to cool off.

Later on that night, Richard was showing us some of the recordings he made with his band. He had to go out to his car and when he came back, he made a joke about tripping over the tiles for the mosaic mural in the foyer. Sarah then started back up with her attitude and asked me why I felt the need to leave my mess in the foyer. I explained to her that I have been working on the mural for two years and since it is nearing completion, it makes more sense to leave the tiles on the floor instead of packing them away each day. I also explained that she has her own entrance to the house and that I will not be moving the tiles from the foyer until the mural is completed.

Then Sarah asked if I ever cleaned up for myself, or if I took sick pleasure in watching her do it for me. I told her that I do not clean up for myself and that was the reason why I hire a maid. When Sarah moved in, we reduced our maid service from 2x a week to once a week, but we have always had the maid come. Sarah then said that I clearly need to hire the maid service more often, and my husband then told her "I'm sorry, but if you want to continue to live here rent free, then you are the maid. We will not let you live here if you do not earn your keep." To keep this in context, Sarah's duties are doing the dishes, turning on the Roombas, and keeping the living rooms neat, less chores than she had as a teenager.

Sarah then flipped out and started screaming, criticizing me (and to a lesser degree my husband) and saying that I was acting like a spoiled princess who needs to grow up, just like the princesses in my paintings. Sarah accused me of trying to force my ideas about gender roles onto her daughter, saying that by forcing her to clean I was showing that I don't believe women should do anything else. I explained to her that I have been a feminist since before she was born and that she needed to calm down. She then told me to come back to this decade and to 'grow up' and see my art for what it is. I asked her how a depiction of a medieval dragon was sexist, and she just kept screaming until she stormed off to her section of the house.

Billy stayed behind and told me that he loved me, that he has always liked my art, and that we had been more than fair to them. I told him I loved him too and asked if he thought Sarah has post-partum depression. He said that she had been tested for it, but that her doctors did not think she has it. Billy then said that Sarah has always felt this way about me, even when she was a teenager.

Reddit, I'm at a loss with this one. This feels like it came from nowhere, but apparently this has been brewing for years. What would you do?

TL;DR: Daughter and her family had to move back in with me. She agreed to clean in exchange for rent. After the baby was born, she has been increasingly hostile. We got into a massive fight and she accused me of being lazy, sexist, and immature. Her husband admits that our daughter has been harboring these feelings for years.

My (25F) husband (26M) just informed me that 'I don't do a lot' [new]
submitted 1 year ago by Bothered5880

quote:

So my feelings are pretty hurt right now. My husband has been a stay at home dad for about 2.5 years to our 6 and 2 year old and it seems we're really clashing on who is dropping the ball.

I work about 36-60 hours a week to pay the bills and I'm halfway through my master's program and am 7mos pregnant. He sometimes cuts grass or does installs with my brother but I'm the main breadwinner.

We don't exactly split housework. I do all the laundry (or it won't get done) I'm usually the one making dinner and while I make dinner I usually load the dishwasher and vacuum the utility room, kitchen, and living room as it's usually got a thick coat if dog hair by the end of the day.

He vacuums but with the knock off roomba so he cant use it on the carpet and it doesn't get corners. He 'declutters' -usially by hiding things in cabinets/closets/drawers. He does a huge chunk of the childcare but has only been able to make it to one doctors appt without me. Every other one I have to go or it gets missed. He says he forgets and he probably does but he has a major anxiety problem and HATES drs offices. I have to argue with him for the kids to take a bath and I usually end up bathing the two year old.

I feel like with a stay at home parent our kids should be doing activities. He won't take them to anything unless I or someone else can go, too. Again-the anxiety.

On my first day of any stretch off I generally spend about two hours cleaning. Vacuuming the steps and up stairs, dishes, piled up laundry, cleaning toilets, sinks, wiping things down, gathering trash. All of these things that he literally does not see or acknowledge because I'll do all that and he will say, "what did you even do?"

We have been having a back and forth argument about him going back to work. He says he wants to but that he thinks I "really can't handle it all" on my own and he's told his family this who agree with him because they feel I get easily stressed. I feel like if I get easily stressed it's cause I'm loving exhausted from working so much and I can't keep this up. I told him I feel like I put a good amount of work towards this household especially since I still have to go to kids' dr appts and do the grocery shopping, (granted he often comes, too, but he can't be trusted to do it alone because he will either by one meal for $25 and a bunch of junk food and then have to go back to the store eight more times or just a bunch of steaks) along with everything else I do. He said if someone in a relationship like us did less than the minimal amount I do they would get divorced. I was shocked and very hurt.

He buys pretty much whatever he wants for himself without speaking to me about it which has been a major point of contention between us but it's like he just can't stop. He has three dogs that I find extremely stressful because they are always peeing everywhere and I feel responsible for them when they've been cooped up all day.

He is generally a great guy but this has really hurt me, especially since his family thinks I do nothing. I told him if he felt that way I shouldn't do anything at all then and he said it wouldn't make a difference if I didn't. Am I overreacting and how would you handle this?

Tl;dr- I feel like I make a ton of contributions to the household and my husband says I do essentially nothing.

Husband [38 M] and I [30 F] decided to split up yesterday but this morning he's acting like everything is normal Breakups
submitted 1 year ago * by oopsgirl34

quote:

Been together 12 years. He's kind of got some issues I'm just over. We've dealt with a lot together but the last couple years have been stressful, exceptionally with illness and family deaths and job loss... Its been impossible.

He blames me despite none of it directly being my fault and will not return to marriage counseling or personal counseling, just goes off regularly (maybe 1-2x a week) yelling and slamming things and telling me he can't stay with me, I ruined his life, he can't get past all the hardships. It's taken its toll on me. We aren't as intimate (once a week maybe 2x) and live a lot like roommates because I just don't respond to hearing that stuff well. I go to therapy myself and have pleaded and tried to get him to and he just won't. I've issued ultimatum recently and he just won't.

I've been increasingly less tolerant of his anger and disrespect. Yesterday I wasn't feeling well and slept in, he was up for hours before me playing games. I realized he hadn't fed the dogs even when I woke up and I'm not going to lie, I just was kind of a jerk saying, really? The one day I sleep in you can't help? (I make breakfast every day and do all animal feeding and most cleaning and such while working full time. He helps run roomba and dishes sometimes but I need more help) But rudely and first thing I said to him so I definitely pushed him into a bad spot because my tolerance is low at this point. He went off again. This time I told him fine, I'm done, it's the right move, go find some place to stay because I can't be treated like this anymore. No one really did anything horrible, we just have had hard stuff and grown apart. Frankly he's not much different than he was when I met him at 27 but I was 18 and am a lot different. But anyway we agreed to be amicable after got him calmed down and stuff to stop being slammed around.

We had tickets to an all day music event here and we planned to go separately after this. But I just kind of went numb after talking to him and him wanting to live together as friends while he finds a place and he suggested we go to the show as friends. I wasn't exactly in a good place and have never been to a show alone so I agreed. I had 4 drinks, and I'm like 115lbs and haven't had a drink in weeks so I got smashed. It was cold, he wrapped his arms around me, treated me like his wife.

We go home, stupidly have sex for I think 3 or so hours, and he's just all over me with compliments and love and I just wasn't feeling it. I mean sex was good but we know each others bodies so I'm not surprised, just emotionally I didn't want it. I eventually drunkenly went to sleep.

He gets up this morning, taking care of chores, hugging me, kissing me, telling me we always make it work and we'll be fine and just goes about the morning as normal. I said something about what are you doing, we can't do this and he just kissed me and said it's all fine. Clearly not understanding I was serious about yesterday no matter how hard it'll be.

So what do I do? I have no friend group anymore, my life has been solely catastrophe containment and my relationship. I reached out to some old friends yesterday and I want to get a support network built up and we need to sort through finances and talk to a lawyer and we were planning on moving soon, he actually already put his notice in at work for July being when he's done.

Do I just go along with it while I get things in order so it'll be smoother? I have a cold and now hungover af so I don't want to deal with any of it today.

TL;DR: Agreed to divorce amicably yesterday which involves him staying here to sort it out. Ended up sleeping together last night. Now husband thinks everything is fine. It's not.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Motronic posted:

My [56 F] daughter [28 F] and I got into a huge fight over how I manage my household. She thinks I am a delusional artist who needs to act my age, I think she's being completely unreasonable. Non-Romantic

I told her that I do not clean up for myself and that was the reason why I hire a maid.

And in a moment, all my sympathy evaporated.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Pirate Radar posted:

She literally talked about having PTSD. I find this post confusing.

gbs my man

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Megillah Gorilla posted:

What's wrong with hiring a maid?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

therobit posted:

What's wrong with hiring a maid?

I mean if he has the money why not?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Plus sometimes you can gently caress them

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I see no issue with hiring a maid. Your one true limited resource is time, if you would rather spend money on a maid and save time on cleaning, go for it. It doesn't sound like she is a complete slob, leaving half eaten food on the table and poo poo, she just doesn't want to vacuum, scrub, etc.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I've never had a Roomba. Isn't it just turning it on and off, and occasionally emptying it? How the gently caress is that a chore?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

MarcusSA posted:

I mean if he has the money why not?

She.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Rust Martialis posted:

And final salary, in my experience.

That is actually illegal to ask for in California and potentially some other states (it's at least in the works in other states).